ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   ****OFFICIAL 2019 Saccopoo CP Mock Draft Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=321710)

RealSNR 03-30-2019 11:25 PM

They should nickname this draft "The Glorious Early 90s" because it features both Michael Jordan and Michael Jackson.

I wonder if there's also a player named OJSimpson Trial in this draft

Rain Man 03-30-2019 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14188033)
They should nickname this draft "The Glorious Early 90s" because it features both Michael Jordan and Michael Jackson.

I wonder if there's also a player named OJSimpson Trial in this draft

If that's true, then someone should take Baylor CB Derrek Thomas.

Chargem 03-31-2019 02:27 AM

The Cowboys select Sutton Smith, EDGE, Northern Illinois

Sfeihc 03-31-2019 02:48 AM

The LA Chargers select Marquise Blair, S, Utah.

RealSNR 03-31-2019 08:52 AM

Chiefs on the clock!

Pick the right player or we're all doooooomed!

DJ's left nut 03-31-2019 09:44 AM

Well shit, I like this pick but this poor guy's gonna have a really hard time because of who he isn't. At some point I neglected to update my board and missed the fact that Isaiah Johnson had been selected. Man - I was exciiiiiited to be able to grab that guy. He'd be a defensible 3rd round pick who's not impossible to argue into the 2nd.

But this is a fine prospect and good pick as well.

The Chiefs select: Mark Fields, CB - Clemson

He's a little undersized and that will limit his ceiling in Spags scheme, but he's a damn nice Nickel CB. In time he may be able to come up with some technique development that will allow him to do credible work on the boundary in a pinch.

Ultimately I picked up a slightly faster, more ball-aware version of Steven Nelson in the 5th round. I'd say that's a pretty good use of the pick. He's excellent immediate depth, especially with Fuller's ability to move out wide in the event Ward isn't up to the job or Breeland goes down. He can probably play SCB credibly by mid-season.

Marco Polo 03-31-2019 10:36 AM

Nice job with the pick. We wanted defense, you gave us defense.

RealSNR 03-31-2019 12:39 PM

NO GOD DAMN IT YOU MORON WE NEED SAFETY HELP

Just kidding. Seriously, this draft looks way better than Veach's 2018 specifically because it's not need-crazy. Going into the draft, we just needed help everywhere on defense, so you stuck to just getting us the best defensive player you could find for us at each of non-1st round spots.

See what happens when you don't get tunnel vision for specific players, Brett? The draft gives you lots of options to come away with truly the best player at the top of your board instead of trading up to grab a guy just because you think he won't be available at your slot later in the round.

We got all that AND a very very good starting C. Our QB will get better protection and a more efficient running attack.

staylor26 03-31-2019 12:46 PM

Except DJ would’ve preferred to do just that in the 1st round the way the board was falling, as would I.

If you don’t like Speaks, that’s fine, but this teams had success recently more often than not when being aggressive and trading up for their guys (Mahomes, Hunt, Nnadi). And though I would’ve preferred Bates or Reid, I still think Speaks turns out to be a solid pick.

BossChief 03-31-2019 01:50 PM

If Adderley is that close and we don’t make a concerned effort to move up to get him... imo that’s a mistake. I like the idea of a quality center, but I think the last couple years showed us that the drop off from a very good center to his backup isn’t massive. Especially with a very mobile qb.

If we are going offensive player at that spot and Hock gets into the 20s, I wouldn’t be mad if we went up to get him.

htismaqe 04-01-2019 08:41 AM

The New Orleans Saints select Alize Mack, TE, Notre Dame.

Oh, and DJ's draft sucks. Just had to get that in there.

O.city 04-01-2019 10:00 AM

I think i'd like the Chiefs to take Winovich.

staylor26 04-01-2019 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14189368)
I think i'd like the Chiefs to take Winovich.

In the 1st?

O.city 04-01-2019 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14189379)
In the 1st?

Probably not, but I wouldn't hate it. He's a damn good athlete with a high motor.

Feels like a great 2nd rounder that could really blow up in the NFL.

O.city 04-01-2019 10:24 AM

I've come around on Zach Allen though too.

Would love it if he were there for them in round 2.