ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games The Last of Us Part 2 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=325387)

Sure-Oz 09-24-2019 02:48 PM

The Last of Us Part 2

Yes....I'm ready someone add the trailer... Release date below.

@Naughty_Dog: The Last of Us Part II launches 02.21.2020.

Watch our new trailer, learn about our Collector’s and Ellie Editions, and more: https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019...ruary-21-2020/ https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/stat...079938/video/1

The Last of Us Part II – Release Date Reveal Trai…: https://youtu.be/II5UsqP2JAk

Talisman 09-24-2019 02:55 PM

First a Chiefs Super Bowl and now The Last of Us Part 2? February is going to rock.

TLO 09-24-2019 02:56 PM

YES!!

Bump 09-24-2019 05:53 PM

pass, naughty dog is too woke for my taste.

MTG#10 09-24-2019 06:22 PM

Console gaming sucks. This is one game I'd almost buy one for though. Almost.

Dayze 09-24-2019 06:54 PM

For some reason, I was never able to finish the first one. Loved it, but maybe 20% into the game, the same level and point in the game my console would lock up. I need to pick up a used copy of the first one now that I’ve updated to a newer console and see if I can finish it.

Usually by dead of winter, I’m ready for a new game.

Shit, I still need to finish the last 15% or so of RDRII Lol

Sure-Oz 09-24-2019 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 14476135)
For some reason, I was never able to finish the first one. Loved it, but maybe 20% into the game, the same level and point in the game my console would lock up. I need to pick up a used copy of the first one now that I’ve updated to a newer console and see if I can finish it.

The remastered is $16 on Amazon

Sure-Oz 09-24-2019 07:01 PM

Just pre-ordered the SE edition. There are 4 total versions in the link https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019...ruary-21-2020/

Hboosboy 09-24-2019 07:03 PM

Remastered will be free in October for PS+

ThaVirus 09-24-2019 08:31 PM

I still haven't finished the original. Shit is too intense.

I don't do well with survival horror games.

ShiftyEyedWaterboy 09-24-2019 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14476290)

ROFL

They can be stressful.

Dying Light got my heart pumping. Mad dashes back to safe areas as the sun sets and the crazy fast/strong zombies start to come out.

bowener 09-25-2019 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 14476135)

Its free next month on PS+.

The Franchise 09-25-2019 09:24 AM

I’ll be preordering this for sure.

TinyEvel 09-25-2019 01:22 PM

Once I got good at figuring out the throwing bottles and bricks to distract the clickers I got pretty good at this. Naughty Dog is one of my favorite developers as craftspeople. I think the leadership is arrogant though. But I enjoy their games too much to boycott.

Still about 12% left of RDR2 to get 100% completion. Not sure I have the patience though. Just finding the egrets to kill for the hat maker was a pain in the arse that took three nights off my life.

ModSocks 09-25-2019 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14476290)

I havent finished the original either.

Mostly because i don't have the patience for it. The slow-mo stealth killing is fun at times, but when it's one of those long ass segments that takes 15 minutes just to get through, only to die and have to do it AGAIN....that shit gets old.

TinyEvel 09-25-2019 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14477610)

Mostly because i don't have the patience for it. The slow-mo stealth killing is fun at times, but when it's one of those long ass segments that takes 15 minutes just to get through, only to die and have to do it AGAIN....that shit gets old.

I was in the same spot. Started playing with the walk-through open on my laptop for when I got stuck. Also started playing it on easy and went call of duty style.

ThaVirus 09-25-2019 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14477610)

Yep, that’s an issue too. I fired it up long ago and I’m still in the early stages. Like, haven’t even come across any of the zombie things yet. Creeping around random thugs just wasn’t tickling my fancy so I lost interest.

I watched the shit out of the “game movie” on Youtube though. Great game, great story.

Talisman 09-25-2019 02:49 PM

I went Xbox 360 last round, so I didn't get to play it until I got a PS4 and they released the remastered version. I had heard about The Last of Us and it, along with the Uncharted games, were on my must play list once I swung back to Playstation.

Based on suggestions from others, I set it to hard to give it more of a survivalist feel with limited ammo and supplies. I liked the stealth aspect and the gameplay itself felt visceral. The set pieces and cut scenes were top notch and the whole experience was cinematic enough that my wife even sat and watched me play on occasion.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'd put it up there with my top 5 gaming experiences. Extremely psyched for the second one. Hope it can meet my rather high expectations.

Simply Red 09-25-2019 04:36 PM

this is exclusive to Sony right? I hocked my Xbox because I was misinformed that Dying Light 2 was coming out on the next platform - which is my dumbass fault - so yeah looks like I'll be getting a PS4

Simply Red 09-25-2019 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy (Post 14476315)
ROFL

They can be stressful.

Dying Light got my heart pumping. Mad dashes back to safe areas as the sun sets and the crazy fast/strong zombies start to come out.

I maxed out Crane in DL - my favorite all-time game - w/ Mafia 2 a close 2nd - both very beatable.

Hboosboy 09-25-2019 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 14476921)
Its free next month on PS+.

I hear an echo...

Stryker 09-25-2019 06:26 PM

Hands down The Last of Us was an incredible game and an incredible experience. I normally hate stealth type games but this one makes you feel satisfied when you get through those levels. It is a slow and steady pace but the story line and experience is 100% Will definitely get this one.

Stryker 09-25-2019 06:27 PM

Oh and I played the PS4 remastered version

Sure-Oz 09-25-2019 08:44 PM

The story was what sucked me in and the incredible graphics. I loved the uncharted series as well. I have a feeling this will be game of the year.

kepp 09-26-2019 11:22 AM

Quote:

ROFL

They can be stressful.

I found myself standing up and bouncing on my toes trying to will the guy to run faster....stressful

Bill Brasky 10-03-2019 02:48 PM

Quote:

ROFL

They can be stressful.

Dying Light is my favorite parkour game of all time. I'm going to replay it soon. I wish they'd add a NG+.

Which version of TLOU2 is the best buy? I usually just get the base version of a game, and this is one of the two games I will pre-order for day 1.

Sure-Oz 04-28-2020 07:22 AM

Release date June 19th.

Apparently on social media there were huge spoilers leaked so be careful searching on Twitter etc Naughty Dog even had to post something about it

DJJasonp 04-28-2020 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 14940676)
Release date June 19th.

Apparently on social media there were huge spoilers leaked so be careful searching on Twitter etc Naughty Dog even had to post something about it

Thanks - I dont want to know a thing about this.

The story and human drama is what made the first so special.

Hammock Parties 04-28-2020 11:12 AM

Holy ****.

I've never seen facial animation like that in a video game. The expressions were amazing.

IN.

(need to play the first one, lol)

Sassy Squatch 04-28-2020 11:30 AM

Some pissed off employee leaked every single cutscenes after not getting paid.

Hammock Parties 04-28-2020 11:38 AM

Sounds like a ****ing lawsuit.

DJJasonp 04-28-2020 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14941138)
Holy ****.

I've never seen facial animation like that in a video game. The expressions were amazing.

IN.

(need to play the first one, lol)

Probably the best game I've ever played, on any platform.

ShiftyEyedWaterboy 04-28-2020 11:59 AM

Well, just installed Spoiler Protection 2.0 for firefox...

Sure-Oz 04-28-2020 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14941181)
Some pissed off employee leaked every single cutscenes after not getting paid.

Damn

Sure-Oz 04-28-2020 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJasonp (Post 14941077)
Thanks - I dont want to know a thing about this.

The story and human drama is what made the first so special.

Exactly. I've avoided every post cause assholes in the replies apparently are responding with spoilers and discussing apparently

Sure-Oz 05-06-2020 09:55 AM

New trailer. Holy shit this looks dark.

https://youtu.be/vhII1qlcZ4E

Bowser 05-06-2020 06:22 PM

Spoilers, cussing, disappointment -

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UxJvNWZ793o" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gravedigger 05-07-2020 01:38 PM

I love "gamers" throwing a ****ing hissy fit over these leaks. Like they've never been spoiled on anything before. Then the only spoilers they bitch about, which have been shown in trailers for the most part, is there is a villain who is possibly a transgender and Ellie is a lesbian with a girlfriend, you know the shit that really doesn't matter when it comes Ellie absolutely wrecking everyone, to the overall story and experience.

Sassy Squatch 05-07-2020 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 14957638)
I love "gamers" throwing a ****ing hissy fit over these leaks. Like they've never been spoiled on anything before. Then the only spoilers they bitch about, which have been shown in trailers for the most part, is there is a villain who is possibly a transgender and Ellie is a lesbian with a girlfriend, you know the shit that really doesn't matter when it comes Ellie absolutely wrecking everyone, to the overall story and experience.

LMAO That's not the problem people have with the leaks, at least from what I've seen.

Gravedigger 05-07-2020 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14957707)
LMAO That's not the problem people have with the leaks, at least from what I've seen.

I know of one major complaint, but one major complaint is not going to stop me from enjoying the whole product. I read more comments about what I was referring to than I do about the major complaint.

Sure-Oz 05-07-2020 03:27 PM

I've avoided all spoilers and hope to keep it that way. It sounds like alot of negativity on feedback but I have yet to play a Naughty Dogg game I didn't think was great. This game didn't need a sequel but I'm definitely still hyped to see what happens. The trailer was dark and definitely does not look good for Ellie as this looks like revenge and how far will it go.

Can't wait to play it and see how it goes. Sucks people got spoiled and I'd be upset too but I'd still play. I've heard many say they won't now which is too bad.

ShiftyEyedWaterboy 05-07-2020 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 14957912)
I've avoided all spoilers and hope to keep it that way. It sounds like alot of negativity on feedback but I have yet to play a Naughty Dogg game I didn't think was great. This game didn't need a sequel but I'm definitely still hyped to see what happens. The trailer was dark and definitely does not look good for Ellie as this looks like revenge and how far will it go.

Can't wait to play it and see how it goes. Sucks people got spoiled and I'd be upset too but I'd still play. I've heard many say they won't now which is too bad.

I ended up getting spoiled. I understand why some people are pissed but I haven't really read anything that makes me think it's gonna be a bad game. ND has a crazy consistent track record for great games/stories. Not gonna judge until I play it. The trailer has me pretty hyped.

TinyEvel 05-08-2020 03:30 PM

Day one purchase for me. Especially since we'll probably still be in lockdown or in round 2 lockdown. :thumb:

Sure-Oz 05-08-2020 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy (Post 14958005)
I ended up getting spoiled. I understand why some people are pissed but I haven't really read anything that makes me think it's gonna be a bad game. ND has a crazy consistent track record for great games/stories. Not gonna judge until I play it. The trailer has me pretty hyped.

Sorry to hear that for you but glad you're still hyped. I'm curious how the metacritic score will be or overall game reviews for it

ShiftyEyedWaterboy 06-12-2020 09:59 AM

Review embargo is lifted. 44 perfect scores so far. Best reviewed Sony exclusive of the generation.

Pants 06-12-2020 10:35 AM

This is why Sony is and will continue crushing MS.

DanBecky 06-18-2020 03:30 PM

I don’t own a PlayStation. Had to borrow one several years ago to play the first one. Didn’t know when I’d get around to borrowing one again for the LoU2. So I read all the spoilers, and I won’t utter one thing in here as to spoil it for any of you. But man, a wild ride and some bold decisions. Some absolute gut punches. Hope you guys enjoy it.

ShiftyEyedWaterboy 06-18-2020 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanBecky (Post 15026499)
I don’t own a PlayStation. Had to borrow one several years ago to play the first one. Didn’t know when I’d get around to borrowing one again for the LoU2. So I read all the spoilers, and I won’t utter one thing in here as to spoil it for any of you. But man, a wild ride and some bold decisions. Some absolute gut punches. Hope you guys enjoy it.

Yeah, I'll be up late tonight playing. Apparently, the shhhh spoilers I saw weren't entirely accurate. I'm staying away from the current batch floating around.

Bump 06-18-2020 04:21 PM

I've been watching spoilers for this and I all I gotta say is,
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

dmahurin 06-18-2020 05:04 PM

I have it downloaded and just waiting to play till this evening. I have refused spoilers and I haven't even read this thread. Just pointing out, im ****ing excited and have been waiting years for this.

Sure-Oz 06-18-2020 09:56 PM

I get it tomorrow. So excited to play it

ShiftyEyedWaterboy 06-18-2020 11:04 PM

Graphics are damn incredible.

dmahurin 06-19-2020 01:23 AM

Started at exactly 11 pm. Just stopped for the night. Holy ****. The first 2 hours were incredible.

Gravedigger 06-19-2020 07:18 AM

We'll see, played it for a few hours this morning. Not sure how I feel about the story so far. Up until now, I'm not seeing how this holds a candle to Last of Us, but maybe I'll be surprised.

Beef Supreme 06-19-2020 08:55 AM

I will be interested to see how this goes for people going in blind. I haven't actively looked at leaks, but i haven't actively avoided them either. so i know some. I don't have a skin in the game. Didn't play the first one. I watched a fair bit of a let's play of it but got bored with it.

But i am curious to hear reactions, so don't disappear on us.

Bill Brasky 06-19-2020 11:40 AM

Somehow I managed to make it to release without getting spoiled. I read negative reactions to the spoilers but at least I get to decide for myself. My copy arrived later today and I’m pumped.

Also, cyberpunk 2077 is $10 off if you preorder on amazon today, right now.

dmahurin 06-19-2020 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Brasky (Post 15027544)
Somehow I managed to make it to release without getting spoiled. I read negative reactions to the spoilers but at least I get to decide for myself. My copy arrived later today and I’m pumped.

Also, cyberpunk 2077 is $10 off if you preorder on amazon today, right now.

I have avoided them, im almost 3 hours into it. Its been great.

Setsuna 06-19-2020 04:17 PM

Spoiler!

Imon Yourside 06-19-2020 09:47 PM

CONTAINS SPOILERS

Spoiler!

Gravedigger 06-20-2020 03:30 AM

Got to Seattle Day 2. It’s getting better, definitely starting to see Naughty Dogs penchant for in depth story telling, but there has been a good amount of filler, some good, some unnecessary. I’m 7.5 hours in and I feel like they’ve padded a good amount already. Molotovs are still the get out of jail free card, silencer on the pistol gives you a ranged one shot silent kill which is nice, I miss the bow and arrow and nail bombs from the first one, but maybe they’ll show up down the line.

ShiftyEyedWaterboy 06-20-2020 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 15028652)
Got to Seattle Day 2. It’s getting better, definitely starting to see Naughty Dogs penchant for in depth story telling, but there has been a good amount of filler, some good, some unnecessary. I’m 7.5 hours in and I feel like they’ve padded a good amount already. Molotovs are still the get out of jail free card, silencer on the pistol gives you a ranged one shot silent kill which is nice, I miss the bow and arrow and nail bombs from the first one, but maybe they’ll show up down the line.

That's where I just got to. It definitely gets better towards the end of Day 1. That museum bit...

Gravedigger 06-20-2020 04:29 PM

They make it really hard not to kill dogs in this game. Those dogs on normal seek you out so quick you don’t have much time to gather your thoughts or scavenge for extra items efficiently. The sad part is that all the dogs come with an owner bad guy and if you pop the owner bad guy without hurting the dog, the dog will then whine like you just killed their owner of ten years. It’s sad either way.

ShiftyEyedWaterboy 06-20-2020 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 15029335)
They make it really hard not to kill dogs in this game. Those dogs on normal seek you out so quick you don’t have much time to gather your thoughts or scavenge for extra items efficiently. The sad part is that all the dogs come with an owner bad guy and if you pop the owner bad guy without hurting the dog, the dog will then whine like you just killed their owner of ten years. It’s sad either way.

Yeah, I try to set proximity mines and then run away so I don’t have see it lol

dmahurin 06-22-2020 07:32 AM

I bow and arrow the dogs as soon as I see them. Id rather deal with a human NPC running around looking for me than those ****ing dogs. Plus the handler usually takes a few seconds to what happened and checks on the dog before going full alert mode. If quick enough you can get a second arrow out and kill the human before they become an issue.

Mecca 06-22-2020 08:07 AM

So this game looks great and is very high end......so why is everyone losing their mind about it being awful?

Frazod 06-22-2020 10:37 AM

So is this only on console, or can you get it for PC?

Sure-Oz 06-22-2020 10:38 AM

I get it this week. Friend of mine spoiled me on something which I had a feeling might happen based on trailers I saw but still pissed a bit.

Hope to play this weekend

Beef Supreme 06-22-2020 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15031594)
So this game looks great and is very high end......so why is everyone losing their mind about it being awful?

From what I understand, there are a few reasons.

Some people are pissed about Joel. A lot of people were pissed about the red wedding in GoT, too. It doesn't make it a bad story, but you can understand why it might make some people angry.

Some people are unsatisfied with the ending. They didn't get the vengeance they wanted for the anger they felt about point 1.

Some people thought the story in general was ham-fisted and disjointed. I dunno, I haven't played it.

Some people think that the first game was great because in this brutal world, the story was somewhat hopeful. And this game is relentless in its depression.

Some people were pissed because Sony and Naughty Dog went apeshit with false copyright strikes on youtube, twitter, etc. Getting people banned and their content taken down who did nothing more than report that the leaks existed. A corporation with a buttload of money and lawyers on retainer filed false claims against independent creators, and basically had the attitude of "There's nothing you can do about it."

Some people are skeptical that this game is really deserving of the boatload of 10/10 reviews from access media. It might be a good game, but is it really one of the best games of all time?

Some people are just butthurt about everything in life.

I'm looking at this from an outside perspective because it is kinda interesting. I doubt it deserves the review bomb from users, but I can understand that people were pissed about a lot of things, particularly the false copyright strikes. I also doubt it's one of the best games of all time. That's why I'm interested in hearing what people here have to say, after they have finished the game.

Mecca 06-22-2020 11:15 AM

A lot of the stuff I've seen boiled it down to, gamers are mad they weren't given the story they wanted so they are bitching.

Beef Supreme 06-22-2020 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15031876)
A lot of the stuff I've seen boiled it down to, gamers are mad they weren't given the story they wanted so they are bitching.

That is definitely a pretty big section of it. Does that make them wrong? They don't like the story, the game is pretty story focused, thus they don't like the game.

They have the right to not like it and voice their opinion about that.

Mecca 06-22-2020 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Supreme (Post 15031894)
That is definitely a pretty big section of it. Does that make them wrong? They don't like the story, the game is pretty story focused, thus they don't like the game.

They have the right to not like it and voice their opinion about that.

It's one thing to not like the story it's another to say it's SJW bullshit.

Beef Supreme 06-22-2020 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15031916)
It's one thing to not like the story it's another to say it's SJW bullshit.

Some people are saying that, sure. It's also pretty disingenuous for people to lump everyone who dislikes the game into the category of "bigots who don't want diversity." And I'm seeing plenty of that sentiment , too.

Mecca 06-22-2020 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Supreme (Post 15031941)
Some people are saying that, sure. It's also pretty disingenuous for people to lump everyone who dislikes the game into the category of "bigots who don't want diversity." And I'm seeing plenty of that sentiment , too.

I generally give Naughty Dog the benefit of the doubt as they're pretty solid. But the weird reaction to this game is something I didn't expect.

Bill Brasky 06-22-2020 12:52 PM

I'm just dropping in to say holy ****, this game is incredible. I've avoided all spoilers including anything that looks spoilery in this thread, and it's been such a delightful surprise. I'm close to finishing the first day in Seattle, and I love the open level nature of the game. It's open enough to feel like a city, but still has the polish and narrative we're used to from Naughty Dog. The internet outrage can cram it up the cram hole.

dmahurin 06-22-2020 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Brasky (Post 15032106)
I'm just dropping in to say holy ****, this game is incredible. I've avoided all spoilers including anything that looks spoilery in this thread, and it's been such a delightful surprise. I'm close to finishing the first day in Seattle, and I love the open level nature of the game. It's open enough to feel like a city, but still has the polish and narrative we're used to from Naughty Dog. The internet outrage can cram it up the cram hole.

I feel the exact same way.

Gravedigger 06-22-2020 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15031594)

People read spoilers and so they cherry pick two or three things to complain about for views and attention but they never actually play the game. Their critiques are as useful as metacritic user reviews.

ChiefBlueCFC 06-24-2020 01:57 PM

Started playing the first one last week. It's pretty good.

dmahurin 06-24-2020 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC (Post 15035614)
Started playing the first one last week. It's pretty good.

Just wait, it's incredible.

ShiftyEyedWaterboy 06-25-2020 12:58 PM

Anyone met The Rat King yet? Holy shit...

Sassy Squatch 06-25-2020 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Supreme (Post 15031854)
From what I understand, there are a few reasons.

Some people are pissed about Joel. A lot of people were pissed about the red wedding in GoT, too. It doesn't make it a bad story, but you can understand why it might make some people angry.

Some people are unsatisfied with the ending. They didn't get the vengeance they wanted for the anger they felt about point 1.

Some people thought the story in general was ham-fisted and disjointed. I dunno, I haven't played it.

Some people think that the first game was great because in this brutal world, the story was somewhat hopeful. And this game is relentless in its depression.

Some people were pissed because Sony and Naughty Dog went apeshit with false copyright strikes on youtube, twitter, etc. Getting people banned and their content taken down who did nothing more than report that the leaks existed. A corporation with a buttload of money and lawyers on retainer filed false claims against independent creators, and basically had the attitude of "There's nothing you can do about it."

Some people are skeptical that this game is really deserving of the boatload of 10/10 reviews from access media. It might be a good game, but is it really one of the best games of all time?

Some people are just butthurt about everything in life.

I'm looking at this from an outside perspective because it is kinda interesting. I doubt it deserves the review bomb from users, but I can understand that people were pissed about a lot of things, particularly the false copyright strikes. I also doubt it's one of the best games of all time. That's why I'm interested in hearing what people here have to say, after they have finished the game.

The Joel thing would be like if the Red Wedding was written in Season 8 of Game of Thrones.