ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto Toyota to start selling direct to customers (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=351644)

Stewie 01-02-2024 03:34 PM

Toyota to start selling direct to customers

Good news for consumers. Tesla changed the game by refusing to have a dealer network.

The dealership network is antiquated and has pissed off OEMs by screwing customers with dealer mark-ups of $10k+ on certain vehicles.

This is going to be a slow process, but a move in the right direction.

Test drives and maintenance will be done like Tesla's model.

I say it's about damn time to get rid of the leaches.

What say you?

loochy 01-02-2024 03:36 PM

Sounds good to me. It's time to cut out the useless middleman. They are adding a markup with no value add.

ptlyon 01-02-2024 03:37 PM

Will car shield be included?

notorious 01-02-2024 03:42 PM

I don't think there will be a difference in prices.

Toyota's not stupid.

RedRaider56 01-02-2024 03:49 PM

Will be interesting to see what happens in states like Texas, which require you to go through a dealership to buy a car, IF buying in state.

AdolfOliverBush 01-02-2024 03:55 PM

Good. Even if their cars are the same price as before, it's totally worth it just to **** over car salesmen. They are truly scum.

Pablo 01-02-2024 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush (Post 17315879)
Good. Even if their cars are the same price as before, it's totally worth it just to **** over car salesmen. They are truly scum.

https://media4.giphy.com/media/dXFKD...q6Cl/giphy.gif

Pablo 01-02-2024 04:03 PM

You knock out a big chunk of car salesmen and realtors in the next couple of years and you're gonna see Cutco knives make a YUGE comeback.

notorious 01-02-2024 04:04 PM

I deal with smaller town dealerships, so it's not as scummy.

I like that they have jobs and the money made stays local.

I included some big city dealerships last company trade go-round and they were scummy. They would not give me exact numbers driving off the lot after trade-in. **** them.

Small town dealerships gave me exact numbers with no bullshit. Simple and straight-forward.

BigRedChief 01-02-2024 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 17315840)
Good news for consumers. Tesla changed the game by refusing to have a dealer network.

The dealership network is antiquated and has pissed off OEMs by screwing customers with dealer mark-ups of $10k+ on certain vehicles.

This is going to be a slow process, but a move in the right direction.

Test drives and maintenance will be done like Tesla's model.

I say it's about damn time to get rid of the leaches.

What say you?

Same thing with Realtors. Antiquated as ****. Could all be done online. You want the personal touch, cool. But, I don't need you at 6% of my home value and still have to pay all kinds of processing fees.

notorious 01-02-2024 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 17315898)
Same thing with Realtors. Antiquated as ****. Could all be done online. You want the personal touch, cool. But, I don't need you at 6% of my home value and still have to pay all kinds of processing fees.

I get a lot of work referrals from realtors, and man they are griping about losing their commission for all the hard work they do. 95% women working 10-20 hours a week.

AdolfOliverBush 01-02-2024 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 17315898)

Hell yes. Salespeople in general are pretty goddamn useless. I have no use for any of them.

BigRedChief 01-02-2024 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 17315887)
I like that they have jobs and the money made stays local.

I'm sure what you are saying is true. But, the majority of Americans dont live in a small town and know the salesmen at the local dealer.

You think the same thing was said about the horse and buggy drivers? and every other service orientated field that went extinct.

You cant stop technology's forward momentum, even if you wanted to.

BigRedChief 01-02-2024 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRaider56 (Post 17315867)
Will be interesting to see what happens in states like Texas, which require you to go through a dealership to buy a car, IF buying in state.

Texas forces its freedom loving citizens to go through a dealer? Why?

loochy 01-02-2024 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 17315914)
Texas forces its freedom loving citizens to go through a dealer? Why?

Yeah, that sounds pretty corrupt. It reminds me of the laws in the northeast that prevent homeowners from doing their own plumbing and electric work.