ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Boxing (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259237)

Great Expectations 05-04-2012 07:59 PM

Boxing

Any chance Mayweather loses?

rico 05-04-2012 08:01 PM

Cotto is a badass for sure.... I never have high hopes that Mayweather will lose, but if anyone could possibly beat him, I think it'd be Cotto or Pac. I have hated FM Jr. ever since his Jeremy Lin comments. What a total tool box.

In58men 05-04-2012 08:05 PM

Mayweather gots this under control

Shogun 05-04-2012 08:07 PM

absolutely not.

kcxiv 05-04-2012 08:19 PM

Cotto hits hard and is fast and has recovered from the Margarito illegal hand wraps. I dont think he was the same fighter for a few fights after that. He's been fighting really well.

Not saying Cotto will win or anything, but i think its gonna be alot closer then people think.

KC native 05-04-2012 08:43 PM

Cotto has a very very very very very very slim chance of winning, but he does have the power to maybe get lucky. I think it goes the distance with Mayweather winning 7 rounds and Cotto 5.

Easy 6 05-04-2012 09:11 PM

Boxing Shmoxing... whats going on in MMA?

Sorry, just mo.

SDChiefs 05-04-2012 09:26 PM

Mayweather will only fight someone he knows he can beat. Cant lose his undefeated record. So i think mayweather will win. Next up for mayweather... the special olympics bronze medal winner.

kcxiv 05-04-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 8595372)
Boxing Shmoxing... whats going on in MMA?

Sorry, just mo.

So stay the hell out of the thread. Just mo

kcxiv 05-04-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDChiefs (Post 8595395)
Mayweather will only fight someone he knows he can beat. Cant lose his undefeated record. So i think mayweather will win. Next up for mayweather... the special olympics bronze medal winner.

Maybe he will give the youngster Canelo a shot then lll

Great Expectations 05-04-2012 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDChiefs (Post 8595395)

I agree, but he loves to spend cash and the hill can't be too far away. He has too get caught w/ his chin out at some point.

Chiefshrink 05-04-2012 10:26 PM

Does it really matter anymore? MMA now rules. Boxing will soon be altogether gone in due time IMHO due to our thirst as a society for the more violent morbidity of MMA.

Stanley Nickels 05-04-2012 10:28 PM

MMA's success has got to put boxing's powers that be in a position to have to arrange Mayweather/Pacquiao, right? I mean, the sport's relevancy is waning on a near-daily basis. That's the kind of fight that can turn the sport around, no exaggeration.. if they're allowed to continually avoid each other, a matchup two years down the road could turn into a "tree falls in the forest" situation.

Chopped Meat 05-05-2012 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 8595529)
MMA's success has got to put boxing's powers that be in a position to have to arrange Mayweather/Pacquiao, right? I mean, the sport's relevancy is waning on a near-daily basis. That's the kind of fight that can turn the sport around, no exaggeration.. if they're allowed to continually avoid each other, a matchup two years down the road could turn into a "tree falls in the forest" situation.

Boxing's powers all have self-serving interests. The alphabet soup governing bodies are too political and the promoters are only concerned with their boxers' bank accounts, not the health of the sport.

The reason why MMA is winning is because they show the fights that people want to see. UFC is very good at matching the two best from a weight class.

Like typical boxing, when we finally see Mayweather-Pacquiao, it's going to be five years too late. By then, Mayweather will be even more defensive and boring because of added age and Pacquiao won't be at the peak of his craft.

After the last Marquez fight, Pacquiao in 2012 is the not same Pac Man that everybody fell in love with three years ago. And Mayweather is in his mid-30s now.

Even if Mayweather-Pacquiao decide to fight in November 2012, we as boxing fans have already been robbed of seeing both at their best.

kcxiv 05-05-2012 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sportsshrink (Post 8595524)
Does it really matter anymore? MMA now rules. Boxing will soon be altogether gone in due time IMHO due to our thirst as a society for the more violent morbidity of MMA.

Tomorrows boxing match will shatter anything mma has EVER done. Probably 2 mma events combined.

While Boxing isnt what it used to be, its still a huge draw if the fighters are right.

I love MMA and i love Boxing, but ill take a good boxing match over a good MMA fight anyday. Tell me there is anything that was as good as the Mickey Ward/Aturo Gotti fights in MMA. I been watching pretty much since Day one of the UFC and i havent seen it. I seen some good matches, but nothing that even comes close to a good boxing match.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/imZaiGJgbsw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

doesnt get much better then that right there.