ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Let's talk flat top griddles (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352683)

Titty Meat 03-09-2024 08:00 PM

Let's talk flat top griddles

Does anybody have one? If so is it superior to a normal grill and if so how? Thinking about getting one but not sure I want to drop that kind of coin on something that isn't necessarily a need

Ming the Merciless 03-09-2024 08:01 PM

I'm gonna splatter your mom's flat top with my man batter

myselff77 03-09-2024 08:12 PM

I’ve had mine for 3 years. I’m not sure it’s better than a grill, but I find myself using it way more often than my grill which I did not expect.

Stewie 03-09-2024 08:15 PM

I have a flat top insert for my Weber gas grill. It cost about $70 and works great.

Jewish Rabbi 03-09-2024 08:16 PM

I got one last year and use my grill way more often. Part of it may be I don’t have a spot to leave my Blackstone outside so I have to pull the car out and wheel it out of the garage while my grill is just sitting on the deck.

I do like it and maintenance on it isn’t as intimidating as it may initially look.

The Franchise 03-09-2024 08:26 PM

I have the 36” Blackstone and got rid of my grill.

Dunerdr 03-09-2024 08:28 PM

I’ve got a black stone. It has advantages but I plan on buying a regular grill again this summer. The griddle is nice for bacon, hibachi and several things. But I don’t like my steak on the griddle or burgers really.

Titty Meat 03-09-2024 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunerdr (Post 17434186)
I’ve got a black stone. It has advantages but I plan on buying a regular grill again this summer. The griddle is nice for bacon, hibachi and several things. But I don’t like my steak on the griddle or burgers really.

How come?

RedandGold 03-09-2024 08:33 PM

I bought a Weber griddle last year, and I consider it more of an accompaniment to a regular gas grill than a replacement. With that being said, the expanded capability that a griddle brings is worth it if you enjoy cooking outdoors.

Just be aware that there are a ton of poorly made griddles on the market that try to sway you with features, and the only feature on a griddle that matters is the cooking surface itself. All of the built in air fryers and trash can holders don’t mean squat when the cooking surface doesn’t heat evenly, warps, and/or rusts out.

With the additional versatility, I found myself using the griddle more than my regular grill. Whether it was firing up a full cooktop of pancakes and bacon for breakfast, doing some cheesesteaks, with zones for peppers and onions and rolls, or some basic smash burgers, it’s fun to use, and I don’t regret the purchase one bit.

mlyonsd 03-09-2024 08:33 PM

Have a friend that is an ISU season ticket holder. He takes his to every home game and has a lot of fun cooking for the masses. I've had his flat top breakfast. He definitely knows what he's doing.

Dunerdr 03-09-2024 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 17434188)
How come?

I prefer just the char of the grates on a grill to the whole steak having the sear that a griddle gives you. I’ll keep my griddle I love making breakfast and veggies on it. Really burgers are a wash both are good. I just think the griddle is a compliment to a grill more than a replacement.

cabletech94 03-09-2024 09:23 PM

Don’t be a pussy. Buy a blackstone!! They back up their product!! Only negative I have experienced in 2 years is running out of propane twice!! lol. Smash burgers FTW!!! Anything you like to cook on a traditional grill you can cook faster on a BS. I still have a grill but I flat top more than I like to admit. My mushroom/swiss burgers are to die for.

Pitt Gorilla 03-09-2024 10:21 PM

Have a Blackstone and like it a lot. Also got a metal dome to steam.

Titty Meat 03-09-2024 10:30 PM

Clean up pretty easy id imagine? After every use correct?

cabletech94 03-09-2024 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 17434427)
Clean up pretty easy id imagine? After every use correct?

Yes. After you’re done cooking, take 5 minutes to clean up while the food cools down a bit. Easy peasy.