ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Josh Rosen (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=331607)

Direckshun 05-31-2020 08:54 PM

Josh Rosen

The Dolphins are going to deal this guy asap.

We all know Veach would rather ingest bleach than hold onto a late round pick, and we have a 7th rounder for 2021, still.

If Rosen could be had for that 7th, wouldn’t you pull the trigger?

The guy has been dealt the shittiest hand in the NFL since rookie contract Alex Smith.

He’s 23.

And while he probably never was a starting QB in this league, he could manage as a 3rd stringer in 2020 with 2nd string upside should Henne move on after this year.

Thoughts?

RealSNR 05-31-2020 09:38 PM

Isn't Rosen a bit of a headcase? Like, he's smarter than most NFL players and he kind of knows it, so he comes across as a bit of an asshole?

Usually those guys make terrible backups. Andy Reid could put Tyler Palko in a dress and get people to believe he's a legit backup, but why deal with that headache if you don't have to?

Buehler445 05-31-2020 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14997897)
Isn't Rosen a bit of a headcase? Like, he's smarter than most NFL players and he kind of knows it, so he comes across as a bit of an asshole?

Usually those guys make terrible backups. Andy Reid could put Tyler Palko in a dress and get people to believe he's a legit backup, but why deal with that headache if you don't have to?

I'd be down if Reid is on board. Reid obviously knows locker room chemistry and he won't **** it up.

Dude can legitimately sling the rock. No idea if he has it between the ears, but if Reid is onboard so am I.

Direckshun 05-31-2020 10:21 PM

Quote:

Well, he’s 23.

And maybe the ego goes in check once he backs up the best QB on the planet.

Rosen could be a classic case of buying low. In a year, he could be a good backup, and potentially spun into a high draft pick.

KChiefs1 05-31-2020 10:55 PM

Andy could do wonders for this kid.

DaneMcCloud 06-01-2020 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 14997972)
And maybe the ego goes in check once he backs up the best QB on the planet.

Ego? What the **** are you talking about?

Rosen went from being a sure fire first round QB from UCLA, to spending 1 season on a shitty and unorganized Cardinals team, to being traded to shitty and unorganized Miami Dolphins team.

The guy hasn't complained even once.

He's got ideal size, athleticism and arm strength. What he needs now is stability in a good organization that's hired a great QB coach and offensive coordinator.

Until that happens, he won't be able to grow as an NFL QB and unfortunately for him, he is not a fit for Chan Gailey's Pistol offense.

DaneMcCloud 06-01-2020 06:51 PM

Quote:

No, he's not a headcase. There was a bunch of horseshit printed about him before the draft in an effort to make him fall. People were out to make him appear "cocky" and above everyone else when there wasn't a single player or coach that would agree with those comments.

"Journalists" questioned whether or not he "really wanted to play football" because he comes from a wealthy Jewish family in which both of his parents are doctors. What those same people fail to mention is that both of his parents were Olympic athletes and that Josh Rosen has been an excellent athlete his entire life.

The smear campaign led him to fall to #10 overall, which is a shame because had he gone to any team other than a dumpster fire, his career would most likely be different to date.

RealSNR 06-01-2020 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 14999899)

That's an excellent point I hadn't considered. The Cardinals regretted the Steve Wilks era after one season and flushed it all down the toilet. They ruined a few lives by making those hires/signings and then never giving them a chance.

It took Jim Harbaugh for Alex to actually find success, but that's a different franchise and a different time where those players actually got opportunities to stick around even if their careers had some rough starts with the shit they're surrounded with.

For Rosen's sake, he needs to hope and pray he finds his way to a good environment where he can develop and not some god forsaken shit hole like Detroit. Thus far the only franchises who have taken those chances on him have been god forsaken shit holes.

Jesus Christ 06-01-2020 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 15000039)
That's an excellent point I hadn't considered. The Cardinals regretted the Steve Wilks era after one season and flushed it all down the toilet. They ruined a few lives by making those hires/signings and then never giving them a chance.

It took Jim Harbaugh for Alex to actually find success, but that's a different franchise and a different time where those players actually got opportunities to stick around even if their careers had some rough starts with the shit they're surrounded with.

For Rosen's sake, he needs to hope and pray he finds his way to a good environment where he can develop and not some god forsaken shit hole like Detroit. Thus far the only franchises who have taken those chances on him have been god forsaken shit holes.

Won't work, he's not Tebow.

Sassy Squatch 06-02-2020 07:41 AM

He has quite possibly the worst case of resting bitch face I've ever seen on an athlete. Poor bastard probably gets a bad rep from that.

Skyy God 06-02-2020 09:22 AM

$2M this year (counting the roster bonus) and $3M next year.

Pretty pricey for a 3rd stringer.

DrRyan 06-02-2020 10:41 AM

He's a strange guy. I ran into him at a Dr's office that I have co- treated a number of patients with over the years his rookie year. I was waiting briefly for a lunch meeting with the doctor. Here comes in sits down next to me and plants his face in his phone for a good 5-10 minutes without once looking up. Doesn't respond to either the front office girl or nurse when they asked him "morning Josh, how are you today?" in passing.

That said I'd love to see Andy turn him into a 2nd rounder a la Kolb/Feeley given the chance.

Sorry 06-20-2020 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 14999899)
Ego? What the **** are you talking about?

Rosen went from being a sure fire first round QB from UCLA, to spending 1 season on a shitty and unorganized Cardinals team, to being traded to shitty and unorganized Miami Dolphins team.

He's got ideal size, athleticism and arm strength. What he needs now is stability in a good organization that's hired a great QB coach and offensive coordinator.

Until that happens, he won't be able to grow as an NFL QB and unfortunately for him, he is not a fit for Chan Gailey's Pistol offense.

I kinda thought he could've went to the packers to train under aaron or new england take a flier out on him. He shows great competitive fire for a QB when i saw him play in college. He'll get his shot.

Hoover 06-21-2020 06:41 AM

this kid needs Andy.

Would love to have a backup like that.

Chris Meck 06-21-2020 05:06 PM

I'd cut Henne in a heartbeat to sign that kid for the back-up spot. A couple of pre-seasons of lighting it up in Andy's offense and flip him for a first or second.