ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Netflix: The Witcher (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=307795)

keg in kc 05-17-2017 12:08 PM

Netflix: The Witcher

Not much in the way of details yet, but it's under development. It's a pretty long series of books, not just a trilogy of games. Don't even know if it's going to be Geralt or someone new in the universe. Whatever it is, something tells me we'll see it sometime in 2018 or early 2019.

eDave 05-17-2017 03:47 PM

Fantastic games as well.

Frazod 05-17-2017 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 12877955)
Fantastic games as well.

Witcher 3 is the best game I've ever played. Rivals Skyrim in content, but with a vastly superior story line.

Gonzo 05-17-2017 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 12878269)
Witcher 3 is the best game I've ever played. Rivals Skyrim in content, but with a vastly superior story line.

Pretty much this. When you add the DLC it far surpasses anything ever made to this point. I'm playing it again now for what is likely the 15th time. Each time I play it, I hit a new storyline somewhere.

Frazod 05-17-2017 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 12878720)
Pretty much this. When you add the DLC it far surpasses anything ever made to this point. I'm playing it again now for what is likely the 15th time. Each time I play it, I hit a new storyline somewhere.

After the disappointing, buggy mess that was Mass Effect Andromeda, I've taken about a three week break from playing anything, but I'll probably start another Witcher 3 game soon.

keg in kc 05-30-2019 12:53 PM

Just read that shooting for season 1 has wrapped and that the general consensus is that we'll see it on Netflix around November. 8 episodes.

Frazod 05-30-2019 12:55 PM

God I hope they don't **** it up.

Clyde Frog 05-31-2019 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 12878837)
After the disappointing, buggy mess that was Mass Effect Andromeda, I've taken about a three week break from playing anything, but I'll probably start another Witcher 3 game soon.

ME:A was just...bad...

If you haven't completed W3 on Death March yet it makes the game last about 2x as long. You're gonna die, A LOT. Mechanics weren't overly cheesy and I had to think about how I approached each battle. Totally worth it if you got a little sadist in you :)

Sassy Squatch 05-31-2019 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clyde Frog (Post 14289780)

If you haven't completed W3 on Death March yet it makes the game last about 2x as long. You're gonna die, A LOT. Mechanics weren't overly cheesy and I had to think about how I approached each battle. Totally worth it if you got a little sadist in you :)

Or you can just play on normal and spam Whirl with Severance. That's fun too.

Clyde Frog 05-31-2019 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14289853)
Or you can just play on normal and spam Whirl with Severance. That's fun too.

I'll admit that is fun as F. I also cheesed the pigs on the farm and got them dolla billz ROFL

Sassy Squatch 05-31-2019 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clyde Frog (Post 14289866)
I'll admit that is fun as F. I also cheesed the pigs on the farm and got them dolla billz ROFL

I have a save file ready for NG+ with like 250,000 gold. Poor Willis got stung to death over and over and over again.

Frazod 05-31-2019 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clyde Frog (Post 14289780)

Shit, at times that game's a pain in the ass on normal. I have no desire to play it at psycho level. When a game starts to feel like work, I lose interest quickly.

Wallcrawler 05-31-2019 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14289933)
Shit, at times that game's a pain in the ass on normal. I have no desire to play it at psycho level. When a game starts to feel like work, I lose interest quickly.

Stay away from button mash. Game has basicly unwritten rule that on your third successful strike in rapid succession, you will instantly be attacked by either what youre attacking, or another enemy in the pack youre fighting. If youre spamming attacks youre gonna get nailed hard after every third hit.

Use dodges to set up heavy counter strikes, or quick strikes with a dodge or roll. The game definitely punishes over aggressiveness.

Tribal Warfare 07-01-2019 09:19 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The worst monsters are the ones we create. <a href="https://t.co/OIJeWwCYFK">pic.twitter.com/OIJeWwCYFK</a></p>&mdash; The Witcher (@witchernetflix) <a href="https://twitter.com/witchernetflix/status/1145694984047398914?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 1, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Frazod 07-01-2019 09:30 PM

God, please, don't let them **** this up. :grovel:

007 07-02-2019 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14331316)
God, please, don't let them **** this up. :grovel:

never played the game. What is it about?

Frazod 07-02-2019 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 14331453)

On it's face, it's an open world monster slayer game, but with a rich, layered story featuring war torn countries, political intrigue and romance. The main story line is the search for the main character's daughter/ward, who is being pursued by powerful evil forces.

It is the best game I've ever played. I love Skyrim and the Fallout games, but this blows them away. The choices you make, even seemingly insignificant ones, can and will come back to haunt you. Tons of side quests, varying types of armor and weapons, amazing graphics, it's got it all.

Redbled 07-05-2019 12:21 AM

I’ll have to try it again. I tried but for me it didn’t compare to the Assassins Creed series so I went back to finish Odyssey.

keg in kc 07-19-2019 06:47 PM

<iframe width="600" height="337" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cSqi-8kAMmM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Frazod 07-19-2019 10:27 PM

That looks quite promising.

Clyde Frog 07-19-2019 11:09 PM

Casting, from a looks perspective, is on point!

Iconic 07-21-2019 11:46 AM

Not very enthused with Anya Chalotra being cast as Yen.

Yen needs a certain amount of maturity... and thickness if I'm being honest.

ThaVirus 07-21-2019 01:35 PM

Cavill is ****ing huge.

Pants 07-22-2019 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 14331453)

Magic users are being purged and have to go into hiding.

Three major empires are at war with one basically on the verge of winning it all.

Witchers are a dying breed of monster slayers who are taken as kids and put through trials with like a 10% success rate (90% die). There are VERY FEW left and Geralt is one of them.

Geralt is in love with a mage who is on the run. In the meantime, another mage is also in love with him. In the game, you actually get to decide who he "truly" loves.

Geralt happens to be a father figure to a girl with a super secret super power who also happens to be the daughter of the winning side's ruler. The ruler orders Gerlat to find his daughter who is on the run from beings from another dimension.

Basically, it's a super rich, super layered story with 1000 quests in between ranging from inconsequential side jobs to fighting the powerful beings from another dimension...

Fish 10-31-2019 02:46 PM

Cool....

<iframe width="1173" height="660" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ndl1W4ltcmg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Beef Supreme 10-31-2019 03:03 PM

Well, that trailer looks pretty damn good. I'm in.

Frazod 10-31-2019 03:37 PM

****. That gave me chills. Can't wait.

Bowser 10-31-2019 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Supreme (Post 14565677)
Well, that trailer looks pretty damn good. I'm in.

Yep, I'll give this a whirl

Iconic 10-31-2019 05:03 PM

Holy **** Cavill looks like he nailed it. Voice and everything. Still not feeling the actress playing Yen though. I feel like she's just never going to live up to my expectations for an on-screen Yen.

But the trailer looks bananas. They definitely did this right.

Frazod 10-31-2019 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iconic (Post 14565902)
Holy **** Cavill looks like he nailed it. Voice and everything. Still not feeling the actress playing Yen though. I feel like she's just never going to live up to my expectations for an on-screen Yen.

Yeah, she's way not hot enough, although she looks better in this last one.

Of course, I haven't ever read the books, so my image of Yen is 100% the smoking hot fantasy goddess from the game.

Even though I always pick Triss. :D

Pants 10-31-2019 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iconic (Post 14565902)

I felt like Cavill had too much emotion and not enough pragmatism.

Granted, I never read the books, but in the games, Geralt felt to me like an utter pragmatic with like a pinch of pessimism and a dash of fatalism mixed into his dry and sarcastic approach to life.

Maybe the games take place after the show's events and he's just a jaded, older self at that point? IDK.

MelGrif 11-01-2019 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 12877955)
Fantastic games as well.

I really liked The Witcher 3!

MelGrif 11-11-2019 05:11 AM

By the way, does anyone know wen will be the release of The Witcher on Netflix?

Clyde Frog 11-11-2019 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14565973)
Yeah, she's way not hot enough, although she looks better in this last one.

Of course, I haven't ever read the books, so my image of Yen is 100% the smoking hot fantasy goddess from the game.

Even though I always pick Triss. :D

Give her some contacts and Kate Beckinsdale would have been perfect.

You choosing the red snapper over the girl who likes it on top of equines, eh?

keg in kc 11-11-2019 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelGrif (Post 14588892)
By the way, does anyone know wen will be the release of The Witcher on Netflix?

December 20.

Frazod 11-11-2019 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clyde Frog (Post 14589529)
Give her some contacts and Kate Beckinsdale would have been perfect.

You choosing the red snapper over the girl who likes it on top of equines, eh?

Yes, Kate Beckinsale would have been perfect. But I seriously doubt if the budget had room for another big name salary.

As for the whole Yen v. Triss thing, I just look at it this way - they're both hot as hell, but one has a baseline of sweet and thoughtful, and one has a baseline of haughty bitch. I'll go with the nice one. And the one who didn't teleport Geralt into thin air over the lake. :D

MelGrif 11-12-2019 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14590078)
December 20.

Thanks!

keg in kc 11-13-2019 02:58 PM

Received a very early second season renewal today. Netflix seems to think they have a hit on their hands.

Bowser 11-13-2019 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14594413)
Received a very early second season renewal today. Netflix seems to think they have a hit on their hands.

A month+ before release? That's....optimistic.

Frazod 11-14-2019 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 14594987)
A month+ before release? That's....optimistic.

I assume feedback from the trailers has been very positive, and assuaged most of the misgivings of both the book readers and the game players.

Clyde Frog 11-14-2019 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14590291)
Yes, Kate Beckinsale would have been perfect. But I seriously doubt if the budget had room for another big name salary.

As for the whole Yen v. Triss thing, I just look at it this way - they're both hot as hell, but one has a baseline of sweet and thoughtful, and one has a baseline of haughty bitch. I'll go with the nice one. And the one who didn't teleport Geralt into thin air over the lake. :D

First play through of W3:WH I chose
Spoiler!

Second play through as much as I wanted to choose Tris for the same reasons you did I just had a thing for Yen no matter what kind of bitchy attitude or abusive relationship she brought to the table :drool:

Frazod 11-14-2019 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clyde Frog (Post 14595519)
First play through of W3:WH I chose
Spoiler!

Second play through as much as I wanted to choose Tris for the same reasons you did I just had a thing for Yen no matter what kind of bitchy attitude or abusive relationship she brought to the table :drool:

Yeah, that romance going to shit part is brutal (game is five years old now, so spoilers aren't really necessary at this point).

There was an old game called Jade Empire where you could actually pull off the threesome with your love interests if you handled the dialogue just right, and it looked like that would happen here. NOT! :spank:

Clyde Frog 11-14-2019 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14595528)
Yeah, that romance going to shit part is brutal (game is five years old now, so spoilers aren't really necessary at this point).

There was an old game called Jade Empire where you could actually pull off the threesome with your love interests if you handled the dialogue just right, and it looked like that would happen here. NOT! :spank:

I still see folks getting in to it because of the Switch port and I'm guessing we'll have folks on CP jump into the game after seeing the series on Netflix so I was trying not to be a dick and ruin the surprise. :)

Vidja game 3-some you say? You've piqued my interest, LMAO

Frazod 11-14-2019 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clyde Frog (Post 14595867)
I still see folks getting in to it because of the Switch port and I'm guessing we'll have folks on CP jump into the game after seeing the series on Netflix so I was trying not to be a dick and ruin the surprise. :)

Vidja game 3-some you say? You've piqued my interest, LMAO

It's a really old game - similar in style and feel to the original 2003 Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic, only set in mythical ancient China. It was a lot of fun, but so old that it probably won't play on a modern OS.

Didn't show anything, either. Just implied it. But still, it was entertaining.

Clyde Frog 11-18-2019 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14595989)
It's a really old game - similar in style and feel to the original 2003 Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic, only set in mythical ancient China. It was a lot of fun, but so old that it probably won't play on a modern OS.

Didn't show anything, either. Just implied it. But still, it was entertaining.

It just got ported to Switch a month ago. I'm actually stoked so I can play it again when I'm traveling.

I was envisioning a Leisure Suit Larry-esque 3way :ROFL:

Frazod 11-18-2019 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clyde Frog (Post 14603201)
It just got ported to Switch a month ago. I'm actually stoked so I can play it again when I'm traveling.

I was envisioning a Leisure Suit Larry-esque 3way :ROFL:

Apparently they have it available on Steam as well, although it still might not work correctly.

It was a fun game. And if you choose the evil path, the ending is absolutely vicious. Like killing puppies vicious. Actually made me feel guilty. :D

kcpasco 12-20-2019 04:20 PM

Watched the first 3 episodes and absolutely loving it. Critic reviews seem to be mixed but the audience score is great. I’m a huge nerd of the source material though so I could be biased.

kcpasco 12-20-2019 04:24 PM

Episode 3 is awesome. I’m a huge fan of the horror vibe. The critics can suck my ass on this one, great job Netflix.

unlurking 12-20-2019 06:34 PM

Just finished episode 2. Better than I expected. The fight scenes at the end of episode 1 were great, and the bard in episode 2 is surprisingly good. Apparently he plays in a folk band...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4h-ogX4GfL8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc 12-20-2019 06:38 PM

I didn't think ep 1 was all that great, but they really nailed 2 and 3. Completely hooked.

Frazod 12-20-2019 07:16 PM

Just finished the first episode. This is ****ing great! :rockon:

Hell, Cavill even sounds like the guy who voices Geralt in the game. Well, close enough.

keg in kc 12-20-2019 09:12 PM

I skimmed a few reviews for shits and giggles to try and figure out where the critic/viewer disconnect lies, and it looks like it's a bunch of younger critics who aren't fans of genre complaining that the show is too long. One was, almost literally, 'I've never read the books or played the games, I hate all the fantasy exposition, there's too many characters, nothing is dumbed down so I can understand it, and I quit watching after a half hour.'

It boggles the mind. Viewer reviews, on the other hand, seem overwhelmingly positive.

Comparing this to the most recent show with similar subject matter, Carnival Row on Prime (which I enjoyed...) and The Witcher is far and away a better program in every conceivable way.

I do get, however, how the jumping around in the narrative could be confusing to some people, but it's really not that hard to tell what's happening when in the timeline of the show. But they definitely didn't dumb it down. Which is fine by me, it's nice to see a show respect the intelligence of its audience for a change.

Frazod 12-20-2019 11:08 PM

Do.... not... like... Netflix Triss. I miss redhead Triss from the game, dammit! :cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss:

:deevee:

kcpasco 12-20-2019 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14668291)
Do.... not... like... Netflix Triss. I miss redhead Triss from the game, dammit! :cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss:

:deevee:

I can look past it. Didn’t care for Triss that much anyways since I’m a Yen fan.

FlintHillsChiefs 12-21-2019 04:57 AM

The season finale was fantastic. I've always been a Triss guy in the games, but I can see why Yen means so much to Geralt now.

My problem is the best ending in Witcher 3 is letting Ciri become Emperess of Nilfgaard and I really have a hard time thinking Geralt and Yennefer would go along with that.

Wallcrawler 12-21-2019 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlintHillsChiefs (Post 14668400)
The season finale was fantastic. I've always been a Triss guy in the games, but I can see why Yen means so much to Geralt now.

My problem is the best ending in Witcher 3 is letting Ciri become Emperess of Nilfgaard and I really have a hard time thinking Geralt and Yennefer would go along with that.

Yeah, no.

Best ending is Ciri becomes a Witcher with Geralt after he gifts her a new silver sword.

Fish 12-21-2019 11:10 AM

So....

Spoiler!

keg in kc 12-21-2019 03:12 PM

So I went in expecting that to suck like a new version of Legend of the Seeker with a movie star lead and crazy expensive cgi, but it was actually pretty good all the way through. It's definitely unforgiving for people unfamiliar with the lore, jumping all over the place between characters and time periods, etc, but once I understood how they were presenting the narrative it was pretty easy to follow. And pretty unique for a TV series.

I also think it was both interesting and a good call to split the focus of the season with Ciri and Yennifer, and not just Geralt. It may have been called 'The Witcher', but there were clearly three main characters. In the end it was basically a prequel season, with the real shit starting in 2021. And they can pretty much just move forward in earnest, as we've met most of the people involved, and have completely and clearly established the history and motivations for the three leads.

I think there's real potential, that they may have set the foundation for something really good.

007 12-22-2019 09:09 AM

I guess the viewer is expected to already know the source material. No real character building in the first episode. Not sure if I want to invest more time in it because of that.

Frazod 12-22-2019 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 14670711)
I guess the viewer is expected to already know the source material. No real character building in the first episode. Not sure if I want to invest more time in it because of that.

It definitely helps. I've never read the books, but after playing the games I mostly know what's going on. Although I'm still confused by some of it.

vailpass 12-22-2019 11:22 AM

Never read the stories, never played the video game. But I'm home doing absolutely nothing I don't want to do for the next three weeks and watched the first four episodes of this last night.

It's great. Dude that plays the main character is nails-on. Also, use of some magic without being too much or of the harry-potter hokey variety. Fight scenes are excellent, dude's moves are highly skilled. And bare nekkid woman's ass and titties. And a set of wolf's-head silver knuckles.

Fish 12-22-2019 11:27 AM

They did do some confusing stuff with the timeline switching. There were a few "Wait isn't he dead? Ohhh, it's a flashback.." moments.

Geralt sure groans a lot... LOL...

vailpass 12-22-2019 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 14670981)
They did do some confusing stuff with the timeline switching. There were a few "Wait isn't he dead? Ohhh, it's a flashback.." moments.

Geralt sure groans a lot... LOL...

I'm new to the series but it feels to me so far like most of this is exposition setting up the real story that will kick in at a later time.

Note to all:This is definitely not a request for spoilers :)

Fish 12-22-2019 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 14670987)
I'm new to the series but it feels to me so far like most of this is exposition setting up the real story that will kick in at a later time.

Note to all:This is definitely not a request for spoilers :)

Ohh, there's definitely plenty more story material....

vailpass 12-22-2019 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 14670994)
Ohh, there's definitely plenty more story material....

Good. This is another series I would have liked to see HBO take on post-GoT but so far it seems Netflix is doing a good job.

kcpasco 12-22-2019 12:08 PM

The first 2 books are short stories that aren’t in chronological order, that’s why it’s somewhat confusing to people that are new. It’s a legit complaint but once they get to the main story the time jumping will stop. Maybe they could have added a screen and put a date on it when jumping between story lines. Geralt and Yen are both over 100 years old.

keg in kc 12-22-2019 01:39 PM

Just saw something I've never seen before, the Forbes reviewer slamming the EW reviewers for their shit 'work' on their so-called review, one of the ones I mentioned earlier in the thread. Slammed the shit out of them for giving the show an F after watching half the pilot and bits of another later episode, basically asking how people are supposed to trust reviews when the reviewers sit up on their little pedestal and don't even bother to watch what they're reviewing or even do a modicum of research into a character (theyslammed the actor playing Jaskier/Buttercup/Dandelion, didn't even know the character's name). Wasn't referring to their opinion or right to express it, but justifyingly, in my opinion, asking how they can even form an opinion in the first place if they don't make the effort to watch the five episodes they were sent.

Fish 12-22-2019 01:40 PM

This was some impressive choreography...

<iframe width="1182" height="665" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aZh23QkelBo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Beef Supreme 12-22-2019 02:11 PM

Just finished the series this morning. I thought it was well done. I played the Witcher 3, but nothing else. other than about 30 seconds of initial confusion, I had no problem following the timeline switching, but i could see how it might have been a little confusing for some.

Didn't realize it was going to be such a short season. Seven episodes is short, even by today's standards. Definitely want to see more.

keg in kc 12-22-2019 05:23 PM

If you only saw seven, you have one more to go.

Beef Supreme 12-22-2019 08:53 PM

Was who's Yennifer? The last line of the season?

InChiefsHeaven 12-22-2019 09:21 PM

Watched 4 episodes so far. I like it, though I have no idea WTF is going on...I also don't know the books or the games. But it's entertaining as hell.

BleedingRed 12-22-2019 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 14673263)
Watched 4 episodes so far. I like it, though I have no idea WTF is going on...I also don't know the books or the games. But it's entertaining as hell.

In the end it all makes sense, this series is the one that’s replacing Game of Thrones. It was amazing,

Story Telling - Satisfying end to season and once you complete season you see the common thread throughout whole season

Acting - Jesus they got Garalt (spelling?) so ****ing right, the women actors were amazing to. I genuinely believe the love interest

Fight Scenes - he must have trained for a long time because his moves seem so ****ing bang on and natural it’s hard to tell...

Honestly Netflix drop your money in this series because there is a void after game of thrones....and my god was this good

keg in kc 12-22-2019 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Supreme (Post 14673054)
Was who's Yennifer? The last line of the season?

Yeah, so you missed an ep sometime earlier in the season.

Beef Supreme 12-23-2019 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14673641)
Yeah, so you missed an ep sometime earlier in the season.

No. I watched them all. I just looked at the season about halfway through and thought i only saw seven listed. Still 8 is pretty short.

Tribal Warfare 12-23-2019 10:48 PM

The 1st 3 Episodes Cavill was carrying the show until Yennifer became attractive in Episode 4 then the continuity of the entire cast got interesting

vailpass 12-23-2019 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 14673323)
In the end it all makes sense, this series is the one that’s replacing Game of Thrones. It was amazing,

Story Telling - Satisfying end to season and once you complete season you see the common thread throughout whole season

Acting - Jesus they got Garalt (spelling?) so ****ing right, the women actors were amazing to. I genuinely believe the love interest

Fight Scenes - he must have trained for a long time because his moves seem so ****ing bang on and natural it’s hard to tell...

Honestly Netflix drop your money in this series because there is a void after game of thrones....and my god was this good

HBO definitely should have picked this series up for post-GoT. They've been in a dead zone, still struggling to find their next big thing.
I finished episode 8 today, was glad to see season 2 is already a go with the main players returning.

Buehler445 12-24-2019 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 14668697)
So....

Spoiler!

https://i.imgflip.com/1gdnmn.jpg

Frazod 12-24-2019 02:33 AM

Just finished it. Holy shit, that was amazing. The ending was just like the scene from the game.

Can't wait for this to continue.

Clyde Frog 12-24-2019 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 14668311)
I can look past it. Didn’t care for Triss that much anyways since I’m a Yen fan.

That character casting is so bad. There is no way I can believe that
Spoiler!