ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay on the Outs? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=338098)

Pasta Little Brioni 04-29-2021 01:33 PM

Lulz...sure

Mecca 04-29-2021 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15650485)
It’s been 10 years since the Packers have spent a first rd pick to help Rodgers on offense. They were completely against spending FA until 2019.

Why do you think Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers are so pissed off?

Bc they see guys like Patrick Mahomes on franchises that are doing everything in their power to help him succeed and they value his input.

I don’t blame either of those guys for acting this way. It’s managements fault, not theirs.

Their entire off-season last year was like a giant middle finger telling Rodgers to **** off.

It blows my mind how teams can piss on franchise players then wonder why they sucks for a decade after.

RunKC 04-29-2021 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15650482)
Exactly. Never drafted a first round WR. And they drafted a backup QB and a back up RB in the first two rounds last year.

There were posters talking about drafting a backup RB with one of our 2nd rd picks tomorrow. It’s insane that the Packers actually did that.

It’s guaranteed (unless injury occurs) that the Packers spent a 2nd rd pick on a RB that will be a backup for at least HALF of his rookie deal.

We’d all want Veach’s head on a spike if he did that shit LMAO

Buehler445 04-29-2021 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15650466)
Green Bay writing books on how not to handle your franchise player.

More volumes of the same book.

The Franchise 04-29-2021 01:37 PM

If the 49ers can pull off a trade for Rodgers.....that team would be nuts.

The Franchise 04-29-2021 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15650497)
There were posters talking about drafting a backup RB with one of our 2nd rd picks tomorrow. It’s insane that the Packers actually did that.

It’s guaranteed (unless injury occurs) that the Packers spent a 2nd rd pick on a RB that will be a backup for at least HALF of his rookie deal.

I do not understand those people.

RunKC 04-29-2021 01:38 PM

If I’m the Broncos I’m calling yesterday. I’d offer 4 first rd picks for the guy

Mecca 04-29-2021 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15650497)

They then doubled down by resigning Jones. Had they let him go to spend that elsewhere ok...

Just idiotic.

smithandrew051 04-29-2021 01:39 PM

I never understood the QB pick last season.

If your franchise QB is still playing at a high level, you might as well ride it out with him and give him the best chance possible. The odds of drafting someone even close to his level are slim.

They would’ve been much better off with Tee Higgins or Chase Claypool. That’s not really hindsight being 20/20 either. Anyone could’ve made that argument on draft day 2020 as well.

Mecca 04-29-2021 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15650505)
I do not understand those people.

It's because Trey Sermon looks incredible and has like 50 carries of wear...it's not what I'd call smart unless we're gonna run a ton more but yea.

ChiefBlueCFC 04-29-2021 01:40 PM

The packers have kinda dug their own grave with the players they've drafted over the years and other stupid shit they've done
https://media.tenor.com/images/29bed...d8b4/tenor.gif

ptlyon 04-29-2021 01:40 PM

Doesn't make sense to me that this comes out the day of the draft

smithandrew051 04-29-2021 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15650510)
It's because Trey Sermon looks incredible and has like 50 carries of wear...it's not what I'd call smart unless we're gonna run a ton more but yea.

I would ONLY draft a RB in the 2nd round if it was an incredible value and our bigger positions of need were reaches. In that case, take the best player on the board.

That won’t happen though, so I’m against taking a RB in the second round this year.

Jim Jones 04-29-2021 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15650478)
He's annoyed that he's 37 and playing at an MVP level while his team is busy not signing any FAs and drafting guys that will never play.

This board would meltdown if Mahomes was 37 and playing that well and the team have him no help.

I dunno. They have a top 3 WR, top 5-7 RB, top 3 offensive line. There's not many better available situations he's going to leave GB and walk into.

DaneMcCloud 04-29-2021 01:41 PM

I hope the Packers don't trade Rodgers, only to see him retire the day Training Camp begins.

He needs to **** them over like he's been ****ed over for the past 10 years of his career.