ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   *** 2020 Prospect Tracker: Chiefs Interest / Visits / Work Outs *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=329194)

Dante84 04-24-2020 01:18 AM

1 for 1

Chargem 04-26-2020 04:26 AM

I had a feeling that the lack of workouts etc from Corona might make this list less valuable this year in terms of predicting actual picks.

Kellerfox 04-26-2020 11:07 AM

In their official "getting the call" videos, Gay and Sneed both mentioned talking to or staff at the combine AND having follow up Zoom meetings after. Niang and Keyes both mentioned Zoom interviews.

Agreeing with Chargem, I don't think it's that Corona shortened the list so much as it shortened our awareness of Chiefs activities and media documentation of who we meet with.

I feel based on those comments from the prospect videos, Dante is fair game to add them now after the draft to match the consistency of his lists from previous years (if that's his take as keeper of the list). Danna is the only one I personally haven't seen anything on one way or another.

Chief Northman 04-26-2020 01:23 PM

So Chiefs ended up signing these guys as UDFA’s, all of whom had pre-draft meeting/interviews with KC. Good job yet again Dante!

Yasir Durant
Rodney Clemons
Javaris Davis

Dante84 04-27-2020 12:03 AM

Yeah, I’m with you guys, super tough year with no pro days and no visibility into zoom meetings. We did what we could!

I try not to add after the fact, since I feel like it’s purpose is to guide us pre-draft. It’s a safe bet anyone we draft will have met with us or we showed interest at some point; it’s our job to find it out somehow. The thrill of the hunt, I guess.

We’ll do better next year!

tyecopeland 04-27-2020 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kellerfox (Post 14937417)
In their official "getting the call" videos, Gay and Sneed both mentioned talking to or staff at the combine AND having follow up Zoom meetings after. Niang and Keyes both mentioned Zoom interviews.

Agreeing with Chargem, I don't think it's that Corona shortened the list so much as it shortened our awareness of Chiefs activities and media documentation of who we meet with.

I feel based on those comments from the prospect videos, Dante is fair game to add them now after the draft to match the consistency of his lists from previous years (if that's his take as keeper of the list). Danna is the only one I personally haven't seen anything on one way or another.

It's been reported that he likely would have been a draft pick of ours if he had declared for the previous draft. And the area scout is on record of that and the fact that he had corresponded with him before this past season. So I'd say it's safe to assume we'd met with him this year too.

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-27-2020 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 14938453)
Yeah, I’m with you guys, super tough year with no pro days and no visibility into zoom meetings. We did what we could!

I try not to add after the fact, since I feel like it’s purpose is to guide us pre-draft. It’s a safe bet anyone we draft will have met with us or we showed interest at some point; it’s our job to find it out somehow. The thrill of the hunt, I guess.

We’ll do better next year!

On the bright side it also keeps the other teams spies from watching who we're talking to. It's still fun to do.