ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Your yearly "Get DirecTV to discount NFL Sunday Ticket" thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293557)

Fire Me Boy! 08-15-2018 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheeler08 (Post 13675762)
I’ll have to check into that. We already have Netflix and prime

Hulu Live is basically live cable streaming with local channels.

The Franchise 08-15-2018 03:44 PM

I used Reddit NFL Streams for the first preseason game and it worked out awesome. I only had an issue getting it from my laptop to my TV but that's because I'm dumb and only had a couple of minutes before the game started. I'm actually thinking of building a streaming box in the next 3-4 months to just hook up to the TV and use that.

16 more days and I cut off DirecTV.

jjchieffan 08-15-2018 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pest (Post 13665025)
I followed his "google it" suggestion and all I found was how to make it so that Chrome either asks you to show your location every time you visit a site or that Chrome will never ask you. I didn't see anywhere to set it to a specific location. My assumption was that it would require a VPN service.

That's my plan. I found a VPN service that has a Kansas City server and installed it on my firestick. It seems to work right now for the local KC programming. I will find out soon enough if it allows me to catch the games. The VPN I use is Express VPN. I paid for a year at $99. But I don't just plan to use it for Chiefs games. I also use it to hide my location when I'm streaming things like reddit and Terrarium.

DaFace 08-15-2018 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pest (Post 13675776)
I used Reddit NFL Streams for the first preseason game and it worked out awesome. I only had an issue getting it from my laptop to my TV but that's because I'm dumb and only had a couple of minutes before the game started. I'm actually thinking of building a streaming box in the next 3-4 months to just hook up to the TV and use that.

16 more days and I cut off DirecTV.

If you happen to have an old laptop lying around that's at least new enough to have an HDMI port, they make for great streaming boxes. Couple it with this keyboard, and it's a great setup.

Chief Pagan 08-15-2018 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheeler08 (Post 13675751)
What would my options be if I cut ties, to record local channels? My wife watches a ton of network dramas. Basically being able to record loca channels is the only reason we still have it. And Sunday ticket.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 13675753)
Hulu Live has locals with cloud DVR.

I've been happy with YouTube TV. It has local plus additional sports channels, if that has any interest.

wheeler08 08-15-2018 04:54 PM

I tried reddit last year for games and I cussed and threw stuff more cuz of it than how bad the Chiefs were during their losing streak

3rd&Long 08-15-2018 05:49 PM

This is one of the more entertaining threads each year about this time. Laugh out loud material! My recent ploy found me in the jaws of the 'friendly' Directv rep from hell who said, "I know what you're up to and I can cancel your ass right now AND charge you an early termination fee, so don't try pulling your sob story shit on me!" Damn! That guy should work for a collection agency.

Hog's Gone Fishin 08-15-2018 05:59 PM

NFL Gamepass is $99 and it works great. You get all the games and can watch them live as well as reruns in different formats like coaches view which is pretty neat. During the first game I had gamepass on as well as the tV and gamepass was much better.

DaFace 08-15-2018 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 13675959)
NFL Gamepass is $99 and it works great. You get all the games and can watch them live as well as reruns in different formats like coaches view which is pretty neat. During the first game I had gamepass on as well as the tV and gamepass was much better.

Gamepass won't be live for the regular season in case you weren't aware of that.

Bwana 08-15-2018 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rd&Long (Post 13675937)
This is one of the more entertaining threads each year about this time. Laugh out loud material! My recent ploy found me in the jaws of the 'friendly' Directv rep from hell who said, "I know what you're up to and I can cancel your ass right now AND charge you an early termination fee, so don't try pulling your sob story shit on me!" Damn! That guy should work for a collection agency.

No shit? ROFL

OnTheWarpath15 08-16-2018 05:35 AM

Was able to get my nephew's college email address. Still deciding if I even want to bother with the ST streaming service. I didn't miss all that much last year, as my current provider has Red Zone.

With all that said, last I checked you can use code BACKTOSCHOOL and knock 20% off the price of the college student version of Sunday Ticket streaming.

$80 for the season isn't a bad deal if the app is solid.

Spott 08-16-2018 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rd&Long (Post 13675937)

They certainly aren’t going to care about customers more now that AT&T owns them. AT&T hates their customers even more than they hate their employees.

dirk digler 08-16-2018 07:16 AM

I know it is not free or much cheaper than ST but people could get a VPN, sign in from Europe and purchase GamePass then watch all the games live. The cost with a VPN would be around $200.

The Franchise 08-16-2018 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 (Post 13676409)
Was able to get my nephew's college email address. Still deciding if I even want to bother with the ST streaming service. I didn't miss all that much last year, as my current provider has Red Zone.

With all that said, last I checked you can use code BACKTOSCHOOL and knock 20% off the price of the college student version of Sunday Ticket streaming.

$80 for the season isn't a bad deal if the app is solid.

Can you only stream on one platform at a time?

wheeler08 08-16-2018 09:19 AM

What is this Sunday ticket streaming service? I’ve never heard of it before. My wife still has her college email address