ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Apex Legends (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=321924)

SuperChief 03-19-2019 02:34 PM

Apex Legends

Who's playing this? Battle Pass is on the horizon (or maybe here already, I can't recall) - looks like a good value.

Disqus.

SuperChief 03-19-2019 03:06 PM

Predators? Wtf, me? Apex LEGENDS.

BleedingRed 03-19-2019 03:07 PM

I was so confused for a little while, I played it. Not my style I like more realistic shooters. But it was nice and polished.

Side note:

I really hate the concept of these "Free" games. All they are doing is getting kids who can't buy a 60 dollar game hooked to the point they take mommy or daddy credit card to buy loot boxes which is just video game gambling

Jerm 03-19-2019 03:28 PM

Best Battle Royale game going....love it.

Skipping the Season 1 Battle Pass...it's terrible.

SuperChief 03-19-2019 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 14168837)
I was so confused for a little while, I played it. Not my style I like more realistic shooters. But it was nice and polished.

Side note:

I really hate the concept of these "Free" games. All they are doing is getting kids who can't buy a 60 dollar game hooked to the point they take mommy or daddy credit card to buy loot boxes which is just video game gambling

Battle Royale isn't my favorite genre of game, that's for sure. But this is super fun. Respawn has done an incredible job with this game - makes it feel a lot like Titanfall (which kicks ass). They've also done a good job of separating themselves from EA as the publisher; this is Respawn's game for sure.

The difference between this type of game and others more associated with "video game gambling" is that any purchase is purely cosmetic - there's no decided advantage in purchasing anything. I don't feel there's a problem with that.

SuperChief 03-19-2019 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 14168873)
Best Battle Royale game going....love it.

Skipping the Season 1 Battle Pass...it's terrible.

This explanation of the value of the Battle Pass made me :hmmm:

https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends...igure_out_how/

Bowser 03-19-2019 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperChief (Post 14168832)
Predators? Wtf, me? Apex LEGENDS.

FIFY

Bump 03-19-2019 05:01 PM

I hate BR's but Apex is somewhat enjoyable, but I'm not very skilled at shooters. But look at that battle pass, there's no way I would pay money for that lol. You get a bunch of badges and a mozembique skin woohoo!

jd1020 03-19-2019 07:04 PM

Most of my friends play so I begrudgingly play it.

I don't think I've ever played a game that voluntarily closes itself as much as this game does.

The imbalance among the legends is just ridiculous. Being in a situation where its you vs a Wraith and you are playing any other legend you are at a serious disadvantage.

And now that its been out for a little while and running on a modified Source engine with no region lock, the wave of Asian hackers have arrived and there's probably nothing thats going to be done about it. The other night a buddy of mine had like 4 or 5 games in a row where we died to someone with random numbers and letters in their name spamming scouts and wingmans hitting nothing but headshots.

And just looking at how much they are invested in the success of their game with this battlepass I don't see this game surviving beyond the honeymoon phase.

hometeam 03-20-2019 07:05 AM

me and buck where playing some but division 2 has stolen our interest

BigBeauford 03-20-2019 09:37 AM

We played it for a week, but it lacks the tension of games like PUBG. We ended up just playing Titanfall 2 all over again.

SuperChief 03-20-2019 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 14170192)
We played it for a week, but it lacks the tension of games like PUBG. We ended up just playing Titanfall 2 all over again.

TF2 is SO fun. My favorite FPS since Modern Warfare 2. And very underrated - I couldn't get my friends on board to play it, and I really regret that.

Skyy God 03-20-2019 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperChief (Post 14170896)
TF2 is SO fun. My favorite FPS since Modern Warfare 2. And very underrated - I couldn't get my friends on board to play it, and I really regret that.

Xbox or PS4?

SuperChief 03-20-2019 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 14171244)
Xbox or PS4?

PS4. You?

AssEaterChief 03-20-2019 11:06 PM

I played it a little when it came out.

I couldn't really get into it. Not that fun for me.

It was supposed to be the Fortnite killer, but Fortnite is more popular again already.

I give Apex 6 months and it will be dead or on life support.