ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   ****The Official Save Our Chiefs Movement Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264510)

pr_capone 10-01-2012 03:09 PM

Ok peeps... I have completed the agreement and sent it off with my personal CC info. Hopefully everyone that pledged comes through because otherwise I am on the hook for it. lol

I'll be sending out mass PMs after work today.

Titty Meat 10-01-2012 03:10 PM

I told my friends at 610 about this and sent them a link.

I agree with BRC if you let a guy like Phobia send out a press release and do interviews this thing will be a huge success.

Ozarks-Chiefs-Fan 10-01-2012 03:10 PM

Maybe they can toss out some candy wrappers as they fly over Arrowhead.

AustinChief 10-01-2012 03:10 PM

This is great! One thing you definitely need on the banner... a web address! Not ChiefsPlanet.com but a site dedicated to this cause alone. You can either co-opt content from SaveOurChiefs(talk to Marty) or BenchMattCassel(no clue who is running this one) or create your own content.

I'll help out and get a domain (and host it) for this but I need to know the character limit, obviously shorter is better but finding a good short URL is tough.

But if you do all this and there is no website attached... then you severely limit the amount of reach and content you can push out to the media.

EDIT: I'm going to talk to MartyMac about SaveOurChiefs which has the same goal, so you two may want to coordinate and make my life easier :D

Sofa King 10-01-2012 03:11 PM

Hopefully Cassel doesn't throw for 300 yards and 4 Td's in a huge blowout win over Baltimore.

That would truly suck.

RockChalk 10-01-2012 03:11 PM

Looks like you're covered for this sunday, but put me down for $20 per game going forward.

pr_capone 10-01-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 8967543)
This is great! One thing you definitely need on the banner... a web address! Not ChiefsPlanet.com but a site dedicated to this cause alone. You can either co-opt content from SaveOurChiefs(talk to Marty) or BenchMattCassel(no clue who is running this one) or create your own content.

I'll help out and get a domain for this but I need to know the character limit, obviously shorter is better but finding a good short URL is tough.

But if you do all this and there is no website attached... then you severely limit the amount of reach and content you can push out to the media.

The problem is the cost... there is a 42 char limit and we are slightly above it already.

If we wind up doing a billboard, we can post the web addy on it.

Red Beans 10-01-2012 03:13 PM

While I can't contribute right now (having a baby, literally any day now) man does this ever make me proud to be a member of this board.

**** yeah, solidarity brothers!

scho63 10-01-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8967545)
Hopefully Cassel doesn't throw for 300 yards and 4 Td's in a huge blowout win over Baltimore.

That would truly suck.

LMAO

That would be our stupid luck!!!

scho63 10-01-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 8967541)
I told my friends at 610 about this and sent them a link.

I agree with BRC if you let a guy like Phobia send out a press release and do interviews this thing will be a huge success.

Just have to hope that Pioli and Cassel don't launch rockets at the plane with the banner

acesn8s 10-01-2012 03:17 PM

Limit the message to We deserve better after 43 years.

BigRedChief 10-01-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8967551)
The problem is the cost... there is a 42 char limit and we are slightly above it already.

If we wind up doing a billboard, we can post the web addy on it.

Banner, then billboard and website?

Fire Me Boy! 10-01-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 8967543)

I'll help out and get a domain (and host it) for this but I need to know the character limit, obviously shorter is better but finding a good short URL is tough.

EDIT: I'm going to talk to MartyMac about SaveOurChiefs which has the same goal, so you two may want to coordinate and make my life easier :D

http://imageshack.us/a/img607/296/33336713.jpg

Fire Me Boy! 10-01-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 8967574)
Just have to hope that Pioli and Cassel don't launch rockets at the plane with the banner

Cassel wouldn't get it past the first 3 rows.

J Diddy 10-01-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 8967574)

I can see that guy shitting himself with a B2 coming over the horizon.