ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   *** 2022 Mock Draft Megathread *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=340957)

DJ's left nut 12-03-2021 03:46 PM

I keep having Christian Harris available to me in the 2nd. I'm just not sure I could talk myself out of that pick.

In Harris kinda strikes me as an odd hybrid of Bolton and Gay. Stick Bolton at Mike w/ Gay at Sam and Harris at Will and man that's a HELL of a talented and versatile LB corps. You take Bolton off the field in Nickel formations and you're in great shape.

That's using 2nd round picks on LBs for 3 straight years but as long as they keep hitting, who cares?

DJ's left nut 12-03-2021 04:02 PM

Ha! Yeah, just had one of those "well this draft will never happen" moments:

1st -- Nicholas Petit-Frere
2nd -- John Metchie
3rd -- Christian Harris
4th -- Brenton Cox
5th -- Trajan Jeffcoat
6th -- Demani Richardson
7th -- Cam'Ron Harris

I mean I feel like Metchie, Harris and Cox all went a round too late. And Jeffcoat/Richardson are great value/need combos where they fell. Even Harris is a damn nice get that late as a potential addition to the RB room.

I just kinda started laughing as that one went on.

Direckshun 12-06-2021 12:13 PM

Hey, every year a few seem to fall that shouldn't.

Personally, I allow myself one "goodie" in the late rounds when I mock. It's realistic; happens every year.

Direckshun 12-06-2021 12:26 PM

1.25 WR Jameson Williams, Alabama -- Andy Reid loves having the pure speedster WR, and Hardman has fallen out of favor. Williams fits the bill.

2.47. CB Roger McCreary, Auburn -- An extremely scheme-flexible corner to help compensate for the loss of Charvarious Ward, which I think is imminent.

3.85. DE Cam Thomas, San Diego State -- I'm assuming the Chiefs retain Ingram and make a push for Von Miller. The Chiefs need an infusion of talent at DE this offseason, and Thomas has starter upside starting in 2023.

4.120. S Markquese Bell, Florida A&M -- Keeping Mathieu really is a cheat code; all that matters to me, so long as we have him on the roster, is will a new DB be able to make plays. Bell has issues in coverage and in reading plays, but those are correctable with great coaching and leadership. Bell can serve as a good 3rd safety; maybe a starter if Mathieu walks.

[made random pick in the 6th as we do not have a 6th]

7.225. LB Quay Walker, Georgia
-- strongside LB prospect
7.241. CB Storm Duck, North Carolina -- his name tho

kccrow 12-06-2021 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 15995466)
1.25 WR Jameson Williams, Alabama -- Andy Reid loves having the pure speedster WR, and Hardman has fallen out of favor. Williams fits the bill.

2.47. CB Roger McCreary, Auburn -- An extremely scheme-flexible corner to help compensate for the loss of Charvarious Ward, which I think is imminent.

3.85. DE Cam Thomas, San Diego State -- I'm assuming the Chiefs retain Ingram and make a push for Von Miller. The Chiefs need an infusion of talent at DE this offseason, and Thomas has starter upside starting in 2023.

4.120. S Markquese Bell, Florida A&M -- Keeping Mathieu really is a cheat code; all that matters to me, so long as we have him on the roster, is will a new DB be able to make plays. Bell has issues in coverage and in reading plays, but those are correctable with great coaching and leadership. Bell can serve as a good 3rd safety; maybe a starter if Mathieu walks.

[made random pick in the 6th as we do not have a 6th]

7.225. LB Quay Walker, Georgia
-- strongside LB prospect
7.241. CB Storm Duck, North Carolina -- his name tho

If a DE from a mid-major is all this team does to address youth at the position, I'll be more than extremely disappointed.

RunKC 12-08-2021 12:23 PM

Pass rusher (interior or outside)
Ball hawking DB (Corner or S)
Receiver (at TE or outside)

That’s what our top priority must be in the first rd

Direckshun 12-08-2021 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 15996106)
If a DE from a mid-major is all this team does to address youth at the position, I'll be more than extremely disappointed.

The team desperately needs youth at the DE position.

The team desperately needs talent at the WR position.

The team desperately needs bodies throughout the back seven.

The team desperately needs options at tackle for 2023.

The team desperately needs more dynamic RBs.

We've got 1 1st and 1 2nd. We simply can't address every position. Free agency is going to have to band-aid some situations.

kccrow 12-08-2021 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 15998418)
The team desperately needs youth at the DE position.

The team desperately needs talent at the WR position.

The team desperately needs bodies throughout the back seven.

The team desperately needs options at tackle for 2023.

The team desperately needs more dynamic RBs.

We've got 1 1st and 1 2nd. We simply can't address every position. Free agency is going to have to band-aid some situations.

And thus you prioritize. A DE is much more critical than the rest and trusting two 33+-year-old DEs to carry that torch all year is ridiculously foolish, at least going off what I seen you mock.

Do we need a 3rd option WR more than DE? No
Do we need reserve DBs more than DE? No
Do we need other options at tackle for 2023 in 2022? No
Do we need a more dynamic RB more than any of the 3 above or DE? No

Edit:
This changes if the Chiefs bring in a DE in FA that isn't on his last stop.

Chris Meck 12-09-2021 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 15998900)
And thus you prioritize. A DE is much more critical than the rest and trusting two 33+-year-old DEs to carry that torch all year is ridiculously foolish, at least going off what I seen you mock.

Do we need a 3rd option WR more than DE? No
Do we need reserve DBs more than DE? No
Do we need other options at tackle for 2023 in 2022? No
Do we need a more dynamic RB more than any of the 3 above or DE? No

Edit:
This changes if the Chiefs bring in a DE in FA that isn't on his last stop.

In every mock I've run, there tends to be a DE there in the first be it a Myjai Sanders or a Drake Jackson or Enagbare. I think any of those guys are good prospects.

WR's in the 2nd seem to be the sweet spot.

Halfcan 12-10-2021 11:03 PM

Chiefs will be picking #32 after winning the SB- not sure who they will pick though.

Palangi 12-21-2021 12:59 AM

1. Treylon Burks WR Arkansas 6’3” 220- big physical WR with good speed. Can be the Watkins replacement.

2. Jermaine Johnson DE Florida state 6’4” 260- relentless pass rusher. Has 11.5 sacks this year. Very stout and strong against the run too. Him, Kaindoh, and Herring give us 3 young pass rusher to develop.

3. Jalen Pitre S Baylor 6’1” 205- physical fast safety. Good coverage skills and really physical tackler. Could be a great pairing with Thornhill

4. Kevin Harris- RB South Carolina 5’11” 225- physical back with good speed. Can be a true feature back. Enough speed to threaten long runs. This guy reminds me of Hunt. Really good contact balance and a thick lower half. The guys on roster now are just JAGs. E need a threat in the backfield

7. Dare Rosenthal OT Kentucky 6’7” 325- long athletic kid. Transferred from LSU. Has experience at both tackle spots. Is drafted to groom as a swing tackle. Need to develop a talented kid in case of injury.

7. Amari Burney LB Florida 6’2” 230- went to Florida as a safety. Athletic LB with really good speed. Good coverage skills. Can be the SLB to play on TEs. Allowing Gay to play the WLB and use his speed to make plays all over.

duncan_idaho 12-21-2021 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palangi (Post 16025784)
1. Treylon Burks WR Arkansas 6’3” 220- big physical WR with good speed. Can be the Watkins replacement.

2. Jermaine Johnson DE Florida state 6’4” 260- relentless pass rusher. Has 11.5 sacks this year. Very stout and strong against the run too. Him, Kaindoh, and Herring give us 3 young pass rusher to develop.

3. Jalen Pitre S Baylor 6’1” 205- physical fast safety. Good coverage skills and really physical tackler. Could be a great pairing with Thornhill

4. Kevin Harris- RB South Carolina 5’11” 225- physical back with good speed. Can be a true feature back. Enough speed to threaten long runs. This guy reminds me of Hunt. Really good contact balance and a thick lower half. The guys on roster now are just JAGs. E need a threat in the backfield

7. Dare Rosenthal OT Kentucky 6’7” 325- long athletic kid. Transferred from LSU. Has experience at both tackle spots. Is drafted to groom as a swing tackle. Need to develop a talented kid in case of injury.

7. Amari Burney LB Florida 6’2” 230- went to Florida as a safety. Athletic LB with really good speed. Good coverage skills. Can be the SLB to play on TEs. Allowing Gay to play the WLB and use his speed to make plays all over.

This is a nice draft. I like the big swings in the 7th. Might as well take some athletic guys in need of some development and see what happens.

Burks would be a very different type of receiver in this offense, but I'd like having a bigger, more physical guy on the outside.

kccrow 12-21-2021 08:40 PM

31. Jermaine Johnson EDGE, Florida State
62. Christian Harris LB, Alabama
95. James Cook RB, Georgia
132. Sam Williams EDGE, Ole Miss
196. Eyioma Uwazurike IDL, Iowa State
233. Quentin Lake S, UCLA
236. Danny Gray WR, SMU
248. Riley Moss CB, Iowa

Chris Meck 12-23-2021 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 16027510)
31. Jermaine Johnson EDGE, Florida State
62. Christian Harris LB, Alabama
95. James Cook RB, Georgia
132. Sam Williams EDGE, Ole Miss
196. Eyioma Uwazurike IDL, Iowa State
233. Quentin Lake S, UCLA
236. Danny Gray WR, SMU
248. Riley Moss CB, Iowa

I really think we need a WR more than a LB early, don't you?

We need to start re-stocking the playmaker talent as Hill and Kelce age.

kccrow 12-23-2021 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 16029614)
I really think we need a WR more than a LB early, don't you?

We need to start re-stocking the playmaker talent as Hill and Kelce age.

Yes. It was a funny draft the way it fell, which I should have commented on.

I was staring at David Bell in round 1 vs Johnson. I went Johnson, thinking WR in 2. Well, then a ton of WRs went, leaving no good positional value there in 2 but a shitload of ER and a few quality LBs still there. I thought I'd wait until 3 and get better value, so I took the LB... then another big run on WR at the top of 3. Really was kind of a shitty flow. If I would have just taken Bell, I would have had a quality ER fall in my lap in 2 anyhow.