ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Brushes with Madness (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272141)

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-15-2013 08:39 PM

Brushes with Madness

Planet,

Today I was reminded of how often I live in a cocoon. I overheard some coworkers talking about a recent murder that happened in town, they then mentioned a past incident regarding a student and suspicious circumstances.

It turns out that a student committed suicide eight months ago by jumping off of a parking garage in town. Some months after his death, multiple witnesses came forward implicating him in the death of a professor, including bludgeoning and immolation, in a parking garage no less, eight years earlier. These witnesses claimed they were afraid to come forward for fear of reprisal.

It turns out that the now deceased student was a student of mine a few summers ago. He came off as a bit irascible, but it's difficult to conceptualize occupying a shared space with an alleged murderer for six hours a week.

Needless to say, spooky.

Any similar events from you all?

NewChief 04-15-2013 08:41 PM

When I was a grad student teaching Freshman Comp. one of my students killed his girlfriend. The police pulled me out of class and interviewed me and tole me to be on the lookout for him. He turned himself in the next day. Guy was a good writer.

Dante84 04-15-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9590249)
When I was a grad student teaching Freshman Comp. one of my students killed his girlfriend. The police pulled me out of class and interviewed me and tole me to be on the lookout for him. He turned himself in the next day. Guy was a good writer.

Jovan could have been the next John Grisham, I tells ya

BigMeatballDave 04-15-2013 08:43 PM

I look forward to Hamas' threads.

It's usually a vocabulary lesson.

:)

crispystl 04-15-2013 08:43 PM

One of my wife's good friends went to prom with one of the boys that allegedly murdered that journalist in Columbia, MO. She's became a good friend of mine as well, and swears he would have never done it. She's a little naive though I tend to doubt her judgement. Sweet girl none the less.

Simply Red 04-15-2013 08:44 PM

Yeah though - Mike a neighbor blew a hole in his chest. Right off of 15th street in Blue Springs - 92ish

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-15-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crispystl420 (Post 9590260)
One of my wife's good friends went to prom with one of the boys that allegedly murdered that journalist in Columbia, MO. She's became a good friend of mine as well, and swears he would have never done it. She's a little naive though I tend to doubt her judgement. Sweet girl none the less.

There are a lot of people in the CoMo area who are highly suspect of that case.

Prison Bitch 04-15-2013 08:45 PM

When I was a child, my stepmom was walking us by Penn Valley park when a shooting happened. I remember her jumping on me and my brother and hearing shrieks close by. Person was shot dead right by us. That's all I recall. Probably needed gun control so the guy wouldn't have died.

Bugeater 04-15-2013 08:47 PM

In a fit of jealous rage a guy I grew up with drug his estranged wife out of the convenience store she was working in and capped her right in the parking lot, then offed himself in his car a few minutes later.

Saulbadguy 04-15-2013 08:47 PM

I killed Paul Allen with an axe. In the face.

Demonpenz 04-15-2013 08:52 PM

I saw Shawn Marion shoot a jumpshot in person.

crispystl 04-15-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9590270)
There are a lot of people in the CoMo area who are highly suspect of that case.

This girl swears that the one she dated is innocent and the other was totally responsible, but I haven't gleaned enough info to make a decision. Honestly though I haven't researched it enough to decide either way.

Saulbadguy 04-15-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 9590319)
I saw Shawn Marion shoot a jumpshot in person.

Man, what an experience

Hammock Parties 04-15-2013 09:02 PM

One time I tailgated with this dude named Barry. We chatted a lot on the internet.

MeatRock 04-15-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9590371)
One time I tailgated with this dude named Barry. We chatted a lot on the internet.

ROFL and he wanted to kick your ass right?