ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   ****OFFICIAL 2020 Saccopoo CP Mock Draft Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=329772)

RunKC 03-25-2020 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 14867038)
Thats why they need to draft best player available after trading down and accumulating more picks

Fixed

Hoover 03-25-2020 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14867127)
Fixed

LOL - maybe. Depends who is there.

Plenty of CBs to consider. Hell I may be tempted by a Safety...
I'd grab IOL but at this point you have to hope they make it to you.

RunKC 03-25-2020 02:01 PM

I think it’s a good spot for us. There will be plenty of good corners, receivers and IOL for us to choose from.

Would also get our pick of the 2nd wave LB’s. We get our top rated player for a serious position of need.

staylor26 03-25-2020 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14867127)
Fixed

Yea the problem is the 49ers and Seahawks will probably be trying to do the same thing.

Rain Man 03-25-2020 02:50 PM

I'm considering a situational quarterback for situations where we want to run a quarterback sneak. There are some good ones out there.

DJ's left nut 03-25-2020 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14867015)
This draft is pretty much worst case scenario for the Chiefs so far, especially if the next few picks go the way I think they will.

That's how this thing goes every year.

CP members do the most homework on guys they think the Chiefs should grab and so those guys rocket up draft boards.

They spend a month convincing themselves that Amani Oruwariye is a fine fall-back position for the Chiefs and he ends up going 36th overall in the CP Mock then falling to the 5th in real life.

I did it with Omenihu last year knowing full well I was making a mistake.

CP pillages our own draft board big-time through the first 3 rounds or so before it tapers off at the end.

Drafting for the Chiefs in this thing actually kinda sucks.

The Franchise 03-25-2020 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14867298)

CP members do the most homework on guys they think the Chiefs should grab and so those guys rocket up draft boards.

They spend a month convincing themselves that Amani Oruwariye is a fine fall-back position for the Chiefs and he ends up going 36th overall in the CP Mock then falling to the 5th in real life.

CP pillages our own draft board big-time through the first 3 rounds or so before it tapers off at the end.

Yep. That and QBs ALWAYS go higher than they should. Teams that wouldn’t take a QB will in this draft because the GM either doesn’t like the QB they have or they feel that they need to get a replacement.

Chargem 03-25-2020 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14867015)
This draft is pretty much worst case scenario for the Chiefs so far, especially if the next few picks go the way I think they will.

But all the running backs are still there!

(I am joking)

staylor26 03-25-2020 03:17 PM

Quote:

Great point. That’s pretty much the same thing I did with Gladney, but with Fulton and Henderson off the board already I knew I had to reach a little if I wanted the Jags to come away with a day 1 starter. Good for me and the Jags, they have a shit ton of picks, so I can afford to do that and fill their top need.

Rain Man 03-25-2020 03:26 PM

Okay, I need six guys on my draft board at this juncture. (Looks at list.) I'm hoping a couple of guys slide down to me.

Chief Northman 03-25-2020 03:34 PM

Did Kurt Cobain OD again?

He was lurking this morning/just before lunch....

RealSNR 03-25-2020 04:16 PM

I don't see all that many ridiculous picks or reaches that would push certain players down, though.

Maybe the actual Bucs wouldn't take a QB so that their crybaby pedophile doesn't throw a hissy fit, but it's hard for me to see Justin Herbert falling that far in the draft. And to be quite honest, I think he's going to be gone before Tampa's pick anyway. Everybody else is actually a reasonable possibility. Usually pass rushers and DL are at much more of a premium, but that's not really the position of depth this year.

If the board doesn't look favorable for the Chiefs in this mock, it's hard for me to see it lining up nicely for them in the real draft.

RunKC 03-25-2020 04:17 PM

Quote:

Unfortunately this is gonna happen to teams in the draft due to our current situation. Best hope your scouts are as worth their salt because visits, additional health screenings and private visits are all scrapped.

I don’t buy the GM’s excuse for pushing the draft back due to COVD19 forcing facility shutdowns. They could easily make something work with VPN connection, even if it’s in a hotel, private restaraunt, event center or even somebody’s house.

Nothing like this has happened so quickly and I’d bet many teams are not ready.

Rain Man 03-25-2020 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14867576)
I don't see all that many ridiculous picks or reaches that would push certain players down, though.

Maybe the actual Bucs wouldn't take a QB so that their crybaby pedophile doesn't throw a hissy fit, but it's hard for me to see Justin Herbert falling that far in the draft. And to be quite honest, I think he's going to be gone before Tampa's pick anyway. Everybody else is actually a reasonable possibility. Usually pass rushers and DL are at much more of a premium, but that's not really the position of depth this year.

If the board doesn't look favorable for the Chiefs in this mock, it's hard for me to see it lining up nicely for them in the real draft.

Yeah, I was planning to take Wirfs for the Buccaneers, but then I thought, come on. My starting quarterback will be 43 years old when the season starts, and I've got a chance to take a quarterback that I expected to go in the top ten. As a GM, I've got to do that. Even if Brady thinks he can play for five more years, I don't think he can, and in fact I think the wheels are already falling off of him.

In real life, the Bucs may have had a deal with Tom that they wouldn't take a QB, but they also wouldn't expect one of the top three quarterbacks to fall to them.

RealSNR 03-25-2020 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14867592)
Yeah, I was planning to take Wirfs for the Buccaneers, but then I thought, come on. My starting quarterback will be 43 years old when the season starts, and I've got a chance to take a quarterback that I expected to go in the top ten. As a GM, I've got to do that. Even if Brady thinks he can play for five more years, I don't think he can, and in fact I think the wheels are already falling off of him.

In real life, the Bucs may have had a deal with Tom that they wouldn't take a QB, but they also wouldn't expect one of the top three quarterbacks to fall to them.

You're talking to the guy who drafted Geno Smith at #1 overall even after the Chiefs had traded for Alex Smith. You don't have to justify picking a QB in the CP mock to me.