ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Would you be shocked if the Chiefs traded a player away by deadline? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=334730)

Nickhead 10-31-2020 11:35 PM

Would you be shocked if the Chiefs traded a player away by deadline?

Are we deep enough anywhere in the lineup where we could end up trading a player away?

It just dawned on me that even the Chiefs are playing for the future beyond this season.

Just curious who you would part with if it was the right deal?

:D

BWillie 10-31-2020 11:37 PM

Lets trade the punter. And never punt again.

Nickhead 10-31-2020 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 15288508)
Lets trade the punter. And never punt again.

i actually like the raw ability of the punter, but yes, as tyreek says 'i'd never chase down budda cause pat doesn't throw int's' :D

Cosmos 11-01-2020 12:46 AM

DL, but not likely.

Skyy God 11-01-2020 01:32 AM

They should trade your dumb ass away. ;)

Wilson8 11-01-2020 02:04 AM

If we could get another player of value or a draft pick, yes.

At center we have Daniel Kilgore, Austin Reiter, Nick Allegretti (played some at center at Illinois), and Darryl Williams on the practice squad. If we could trade Austin and could get a decent guard (we would probably have to throw in a draft pick). I would also make deal for a backup TE that can block and catch the ball. It doesn't mean I don't like Austin Reiter or think he does not have value, but you would have to consider it.

I really thought TE Ricky Seals-Jones would be playing more. Maybe some team that really needed a backup TE might give us a conditional 2022 pick or something.

Really the same thought would be true for any backup. If it is part of a deal that can make us a little better like at Linebacker, a deal can be made.

Wilson8 11-01-2020 02:25 AM

If you look at the Chiefs roster, probably somebody is going to have to exit by trade or just outright cut. I know we might also have some injuries that will change things.

If they bring back OL Martinas Rankin, that is a roster spot.

If you go to Chiefs.com and count the players on the active roster, there are 56 on a 53 man roster. I assume that OL Danny Isidora and WR Marcus Kemp will go back to the PS after the Jets game, but that still leaves another player to get down to 53. I think that extra player is they have recalled DE Mike Danna and have not cut someone at least not what shows on the team website.

Anthony Sherman should return soon from COVID protocol, which will require a cut.

I also assume that CB L'Jarius Sneed might return, which maybe means a CB like Hamilton or Keyes might be traded if we see that happening pretty soon.

Megatron96 11-01-2020 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilson8 (Post 15288598)
If we could get another player of value or a draft pick, yes.

At center we have Daniel Kilgore, Austin Reiter, Nick Allegretti (played some at center at Illinois), and Darryl Williams on the practice squad. If we could trade Austin and could get a decent guard (we would probably have to throw in a draft pick). I would also make deal for a backup TE that can block and catch the ball. It doesn't mean I don't like Austin Reiter or think he does not have value, but you would have to consider it.

I really thought TE Ricky Seals-Jones would be playing more. Maybe some team that really needed a backup TE might give us a conditional 2022 pick or something.

Really the same thought would be true for any backup. If it is part of a deal that can make us a little better like at Linebacker, a deal can be made.

I read the other day that RSJ picked up a lower leg injury from training camp which is why he hasn't been on the field.

Chargem 11-01-2020 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilson8 (Post 15288609)
Anthony Sherman should return soon from COVID protocol, which will require a cut.

I also assume that CB L'Jarius Sneed might return, which maybe means a CB like Hamilton or Keyes might be traded if we see that happening pretty soon.

They are carrying 5 running backs, has to be one of those for Sherman.

I also thought Sneed was probably done for the season?

I would be pretty surprised if someone got traded away, the roster is pretty talented but I don't think its trade-away deep anywhere, and there are so many 1 year deals even if a guy is not likely to play much this year (e.g. Keyes) you can't trade him because of next year.

SuperBowl4 11-01-2020 04:48 AM

NO

MeaTy The Pimp 11-01-2020 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chargem (Post 15288624)
I also thought Sneed was probably done for the season?

I had heard that Sneed's injury (Broken Collarbone) was usually put on about an 8 week timetable, if that is true, we could be getting him back soon. Hopefully we get him back by the time we play the Tampa Bay Tom Brady's.

Hog's Gone Fishin 11-01-2020 05:48 AM

Meh, unless we can get a day 2 pick I don't care and to get a day 2 pick it would have to be a decent player. I'd love to acquire Gilmore (who has put his house up for sale) but the Pats wouldn't trade him to us anyway. He'll be going to the NFC

New World Order 11-01-2020 06:34 AM

Keizer

old_geezer 11-01-2020 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 15288732)
Keizer

We'd have to throw in a draft pick to get someone to take him.

New World Order 11-01-2020 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old_geezer (Post 15288735)
We'd have to throw in a draft pick to get someone to take him.

A first and Keizer