ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   2/9 Mock (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=329150)

ntexascardfan 02-09-2020 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cb15 (Post 14787172)
I'd like this if its what happens. My heart wants to find a way to keep Sammy and Jones. But my head is saying it's probably not possible.

Only thing is that I see ILB as a bigger need than CB. I'd do everything to find a field general for the next decade.

We've seen the last two seasons the best and maybe only way to beat the Mahomes Chiefs (Besides having an Elite QB) is to run the ball, attack the middle of the field with play action, and take advantage of the lack of speed with the linebackers. Between Badger, Thornhill, Ward, and a rookie CB I like the secondary.

So basically I would trade 1 of the guards you signed, and 1 of the rookie CB to and spend it on the LB position. Only thing is it isn't a deep class this year.

I think next year's draft class is much deeper at inside linebacker than this year. Vanderbilt's Dimitri Moore would be an interesting fit in the middle of our defense.

I like us taking a cornerback early this year. I know everyone is high on Gladney right now, but I have a hunch come draft day that one of Kristian Fulton or CJ Henderson will fall to us...and I like them a bit better when it comes to the aggressiveness we want our corners to play with.

We all over valued safeties last year in the draft and ended up getting Thornhill in the second round. I expect that same scenario to play out this year if we go corner early.

Hoover 02-09-2020 08:51 PM

Don't beat yourself up, as always its thought provoking.

For example, signing Brandon Scherff is very interesting to me. It makes a ton of sense in terms of protecting Mahomes and helping the run game. Dude is a guy you and build around around we need that level of talent on the interior. While I'd love to pair him Glasgow, I think it would be near impossible to sign both. If I had to guess, the Chiefs sign a guy like Glasgow more than Scherff.

Here is my question for everyone. If we trade Jones why do people think we have to sink another first rounder in the position. We have Nandi and Saunders, I don't know if its necessary to invest that first round pick in. And that's where I look at a another Olinemen.

Chargem 02-10-2020 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 14787563)
Don't beat yourself up, as always its thought provoking.

For example, signing Brandon Scherff is very interesting to me. It makes a ton of sense in terms of protecting Mahomes and helping the run game. Dude is a guy you and build around around we need that level of talent on the interior. While I'd love to pair him Glasgow, I think it would be near impossible to sign both. If I had to guess, the Chiefs sign a guy like Glasgow more than Scherff.

Here is my question for everyone. If we trade Jones why do people think we have to sink another first rounder in the position. We have Nandi and Saunders, I don't know if its necessary to invest that first round pick in. And that's where I look at a another Olinemen.

You definitely don't have to draft a DT in the first round without Jones, but you probably need to add some pass rush? Saunders, Nnadi and Pennel have pretty much non-existent pass rush, and the end opposite Frank wasn't particularly productive either so you need to add at DT or DE - no chance of adding a decent pass rushing DE via free agency (due to cost). I couldn't see a realistic DT option either although maybe I am missing someone.

The other way I went when working through this mock and the various options was first round DE (Curtis Weaver) and a late round DT for depth.

The Franchise 02-10-2020 03:47 PM

The Seahawks are going to have to pay Clowney. Why would they trade for Jones when they’re going to have to pay him too?

Chargem 02-10-2020 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14788928)
The Seahawks are going to have to pay Clowney. Why would they trade for Jones when they’re going to have to pay him too?

Of the one thing to bring me up on from this mock, you choose that? ROFL

They do have $60m in cap space, can you have too much pass rush?