ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Ten Things About The AFC Championship: KC 38 - BUF 24 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=336608)

Sassy Squatch 01-25-2021 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digger (Post 15508945)

Wait, is that the one we won last night? Theres something wrong with it.

digger 01-25-2021 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15509143)
Wait, is that the one we won last night? Theres something wrong with it.

It's not, If I can find good one from 2019-2020 I edit... :D

oldman 01-25-2021 09:08 AM

Good read, George!! I was glad to see we got the "techincal issues" in the PAT/FG portion ironed out. Like you said, the D was outstanding today. One gimme TD on the muffed punt and one at garbage time was a far cry from what we've seen too many times over the years.

Marcellus 01-25-2021 09:30 AM

Nice write up! Run it back!!

InChiefsHeaven 01-25-2021 09:31 AM

I actually missed the last 4 minutes I guess...my phone was blowing up, and I'd had a few whiskies...which I actually usually don't do during the game so I don't forget anything, but it's the AFCCG...I honestly don't remember the onside kick...yeesh.

THanks for the write up. We are in a crazy good dream baby...

DJJasonp 01-25-2021 09:35 AM

great write-up - and I agree 100% on #1.

That loss in 93/94 at buffalo hurt really, really bad. Nice to know we're the ones handing out the pain now!

Lzen 01-25-2021 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 15508708)
LMAO

Totally agree with not being worried about anyone in the AFC... I figured if the Bills actually prove their legit, then a tip of the cap. But, no one had really proven they were ready to knock off this team.

I think Allen is the best of the young QBs (not named Mahomes, obviously), but that's not necessarily saying a ton and he still has a decent amount to work on.... staring down receivers, the tunnel vision (get rid of the ****ing ball!), putting some finesse on passes and focusing on accuracy versus brute force. The hype surrounding the guy was incredible and given his progress this season, this playoff run should be a huge learning experience.

I do think Clark and the defensive line played pretty well... several "in the grasp" types of plays, and a lot of pressure on Allen overall. Great defensive plan against a young and inexperienced QB.

Totally different story against Brady in a couple weeks, of course.

Yes, but Brady is a statue. Not worried at all about him scrambling. And really, he hasn't played that well in the playoffs. His defense has carried him.

Lzen 01-25-2021 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanm (Post 15508784)
"7. Hardman made a gigantic bonehead play, muffing a punt inside the ten yard line which gave the Bills their first TD immediately after."

Why are they even trying to field a punt inside the 10? I know most punters have mastered some english on their punts and they hit and bounce backwards or sideways out of bounds. Most punts still hit the ground and roll into the EZ. What ever happened to the golden rule of backing up to the 10 and if it's over your head you let it go. Period. Now it seems like everyone is trying to fair catch inside the 10 or fielding it and then trying to return it. I don't get it. :hmmm::shrug: :shake: :banghead:

Yeah, I, too, have been wondering that.
I heard Tyreek had been working on punt returns this week. I wonder if they were ready to put him in the game if Hardman didn't pull his head out of his butt. I guess they decided to give him another chance.

Graystoke 01-25-2021 09:53 AM

RUN IT BACK GEORGE!
Great season of 10 Things.
We appreciate it.

Lzen 01-25-2021 10:01 AM

Good column, george.

Did Carl actually say that? Man, what turd. I used to think he was good for the organization way back in the day. But he wore out his welcome, especially when he hired his buddy, Herm. :#

Bearcat 01-25-2021 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 15509249)
Yes, but Brady is a statue. Not worried at all about him scrambling. And really, he hasn't played that well in the playoffs. His defense has carried him.

Yeah, I thought he was impressive in the first half on several of his throws, even if the Packers weren't providing a ton of resistance.... and then kind of fell apart in the 2nd once there was some pressure applied.

The 'different story' is more about Brady getting the ball out quickly and being far better at improvising, even though he's not going to nearly as slippery in the pocket. Allen was hard to get down, but he seemed panicked most of the night and was terrible at improvising a Plan B whenever the receiver he was staring daggers into wasn't open (at one point it was like a coach told him not to forget about his outlets, so that's all he started to do... after all the hype, it was mind boggling to watch).

Loved the defensive effort last night, making the kid who's "now on Mahomes' level" look so lost out there. :)

gblowfish 01-25-2021 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 15509285)
Good column, george.

Did Carl actually say that? Man, what turd. I used to think he was good for the organization way back in the day. But he wore out his welcome, especially when he hired his buddy, Herm. :#

I still have the letter at home somewhere. It was written in PR speak, but essentially said if you are a season ticket holder, don't bother calling the Chiefs or contacting them because you're not getting a Super Bowl ticket. This is after waiting 23 years to get a shot at going. Then after that loss it was another 27 years AFTER that before Andy won one last year.

So yeah, King Carl was kind of a douche. During his rein we used to say "There's a Chiefs Fan Born Every Minute."

My family has had season tickets for 53 straight years. Some have had them longer, but not too many.

MahiMike 01-25-2021 10:42 AM

It was almost a perfect trifecta of all 3 phases but once again special teams is holding us back. Let's just hope that Andy chews Toub out about his guys even attempting to field punts inside the 10.

Last night I was channeling some sort of ESP. I stood up and pointed out when Clark and Joes lined up next to each other and said here comes a sack. Then I pointed at the safeties and said here comes a pick. Everything was clicking.

I never felt nervous all week either. I knew the Bills were a better matchup than the Browns for us.

If that same effort shows up in Tampa, it'll be a 2 score win for the Chiefs again.

htismaqe 01-25-2021 10:44 AM

Love you George!

BACK2BACK!

Chief Henry 01-25-2021 11:06 AM

Good stuff !

If KC brings the same D effort vs Brady and the Bucs, KC will CRUSH them !