ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Ten Things About The AFC Championship: KC 38 - BUF 24 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=336608)

stevieray 01-24-2021 11:29 PM

Thanks Gman!

DT is smiling down on this defense.

Underrated, IMO.

TwistedChief 01-24-2021 11:30 PM

Let's enjoy this bizarre universe where we're the 'it' team. Never expected or could've dreamed of this level of success.

Sending good SB vibes your way, George.

Pitt Gorilla 01-24-2021 11:34 PM

I love that we can go down 9-0 or 10-0 and it simply doesn't matter. Literally nobody should have been worried at that point, aside from the Bills/Bills Fan.

Chiefshrink 01-24-2021 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 15508650)
DT is smiling down on this defense.

Underrated, IMO.

They ball when needed and have huge confidence in the red zone.:thumb:

Chiefshrink 01-24-2021 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 15508662)
I love that we can go down 9-0 or 10-0 and it simply doesn't matter. Literally nobody should have been worried at that point, aside from the Bills/Bills Fan.

even 24-0.:D

Coach 01-24-2021 11:35 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> 2021 playoff drive results with Mahomes in the game:<br>TD<br>TD<br>FG<br>FG<br>Missed FG<br>FG<br>Punt<br>TD<br>TD<br>TD<br>End of Half (Kneel)<br>FG<br>TD<br>TD<br>End of Game (Kneel)</p>&mdash; Brandon Kiley (@BKSportsTalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/BKSportsTalk/status/1353540244432416769?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 25, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Buehler445 01-24-2021 11:37 PM

Good read George.

I was pretty zen all week, but got pretty amped before the game. It's amazing that I can go into an AFCCG without melting the hell down all week. Mahomes obliterated all our curses and took several points off my blood pressure.

Mahomes is the best that has ever done it. Period. Guys have been able to pile up stats, but not on this stage, and not with this patchwork of OL and laughable running game. Dude is absolutely the best that has ever done it. He may not get 6 rings, but he's better than any brother****ing Cheatriot has ever been.

Sucks for Fish. Dude was dejected as hell. He deserves better. And Reid is going to have to do some wizardry to keep Mahomes upright against that passrush.

Here's the deal. It's hard to win. It's harder to win consistently. It's harder yet to win consistently in the playoffs. And the Chiefs are doing it. I couldn't be happier.

TribalElder 01-24-2021 11:39 PM

In

Run it back

tk13 01-24-2021 11:50 PM

What's great about this team is they're a high flying offense and there's a ton of speed, but this is not totally a finesse team. Like you'd think of some of Manning's Colts teams or the Kurt Warner Rams teams that could fold if you punched them in the mouth. The last two years we've been able to run the ball in the 4th quarter, and our defense is young and physical and doesn't get bullied.

Even with the best QB in the league, getting to back to back Super Bowls is a big time accomplishment. Not too many guys have been able to do that.

Bearcat 01-24-2021 11:52 PM

Quote:

Then I would joke that I’d never forgive her for telling me that.
LMAO

Totally agree with not being worried about anyone in the AFC... I figured if the Bills actually prove their legit, then a tip of the cap. But, no one had really proven they were ready to knock off this team.

I think Allen is the best of the young QBs (not named Mahomes, obviously), but that's not necessarily saying a ton and he still has a decent amount to work on.... staring down receivers, the tunnel vision (get rid of the ****ing ball!), putting some finesse on passes and focusing on accuracy versus brute force. The hype surrounding the guy was incredible and given his progress this season, this playoff run should be a huge learning experience.

I do think Clark and the defensive line played pretty well... several "in the grasp" types of plays, and a lot of pressure on Allen overall. Great defensive plan against a young and inexperienced QB.

Totally different story against Brady in a couple weeks, of course.

TinyEvel 01-24-2021 11:59 PM

Boy I Love Losing Superbowls.

Golden.

Awesome read as always G-Blow. thanks :thumb:

Bearcat 01-25-2021 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 15508662)

Yeah, I glanced over here when the game was in hand, but internally chuckled at what I'm sure was a meltdown at 9-0 in the GDT.

At that point, they had already forced a 4th down and a couple other 3rd downs... Tyreek had the drop, but otherwise the offense hadn't seen the field.

Similar to the Texans game (except not 24-0, of course), it was a matter of fluke/self-inflicted plays and not so much the other team being amazing... there was a dropped pass and a muffed punt. Otherwise, they were making the Bills work for first downs and there's obviously no reason to doubt the offense at that point.

Yeah, it's crazy to think there's seriously, 100% no need to worry in that situation... ever.

MeaTy The Pimp 01-25-2021 12:01 AM

Good stuff. Always a good take. Thanks GB.

I look forward to the Superbowl 10 things again this year.

Bearcat 01-25-2021 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 15508718)
Boy I Love Losing Superbowls.

Golden.

Awesome read as always G-Blow. thanks :thumb:

I always thought it was Buffalo Idiots Love Losing Superbowls... and after this week around here... :shrug:

Buehler445 01-25-2021 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 15508708)
LMAO

Totally agree with not being worried about anyone in the AFC... I figured if the Bills actually prove their legit, then a tip of the cap. But, no one had really proven they were ready to knock off this team.

I think Allen is the best of the young QBs (not named Mahomes, obviously), but that's not necessarily saying a ton and he still has a decent amount to work on.... staring down receivers, the tunnel vision (get rid of the ****ing ball!), putting some finesse on passes and focusing on accuracy versus brute force. The hype surrounding the guy was incredible and given his progress this season, this playoff run should be a huge learning experience.

I do think Clark and the defensive line played pretty well... several "in the grasp" types of plays, and a lot of pressure on Allen overall. Great defensive plan against a young and inexperienced QB.

Totally different story against Brady in a couple weeks, of course.

I think the moment was pretty big for him. The times I watched him this year he wasn't staring down dudes like he was tonight. I think he had the Yips.