ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Doctor Sleep (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=323399)

DJ's left nut 09-09-2019 09:05 AM

That casting is incredible.

Rebecca Ferguson needs to be in more stuff; just a great actress. Ewan McGregor is also awesome. Cliff Curtis is one of the great 'that guys' who elevates anything he does.

And how the hell did they manage to find a Dick Halloran who looks exactly like Scatman Crothers?

I hope this is good and the trailer has me optimistic.

redfan 09-09-2019 12:21 PM

Took me a minute to see it was new Obi Wan in it, neato. Looks good.

kysirsoze 09-11-2019 02:25 PM

Was excited till I saw it's written and directed by the guy who wrote and directed The Haunting of Hill House on Netflix. This is gonna suck.

Rausch 09-12-2019 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 14441549)
Was excited till I saw it's written and directed by the guy who wrote and directed The Haunting of Hill House on Netflix. This is gonna suck.

That actually makes me very optimistic. That's a reason to like it...

Fish 12-20-2019 12:54 AM

So... finally got around to watching this. Thought it was actually pretty decent. Twisted, dark, and pretty ****ed up. Much better than I anticipated. Definitely changes the way you look at The Shining...

Deberg_1990 06-28-2020 03:40 PM

Watched it last night. This is a superb movie. Dark, twisted, creepy. With great characters you care about. Was faithful to Kubrick and King at the same time.

See it now.

vailpass 06-28-2020 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 15041869)
Watched it last night. This is a superb movie. Dark, twisted, creepy. With great characters you care about. Was faithful to Kubrick and King at the same time.

See it now.

I also watched last night and concur, it was good. Lots of nice throwbacks to the original and to the King universe. It felt like a King story, something that is lost in translation from page to screen more often than not.

The little girl actor and Rebecca Ferguson were nails as were Ewan McGregor and the guy who played Dick Hallorahn. Really the whole cast was good.

That scene where the woman and her little kid haunted Danny in his sleep was creepy as hell.

Pasta Little Brioni 06-28-2020 06:38 PM

Good movie...**** I agreed with deberg

Deberg_1990 06-28-2020 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 15041899)
I also watched last night and concur, it was good. Lots of nice throwbacks to the original and to the King universe. It felt like a King story, something that is lost in translation from page to screen more often than not.

The little girl actor and Rebecca Ferguson were nails as were Ewan McGregor and the guy who played Dick Hallorahn. Really the whole cast was good.

That scene where the woman and her little kid haunted Danny in his sleep was creepy as hell.

Yes. Entire cast was exceptional. I liked the guy who played The Crow.

Fish 06-28-2020 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 14666807)
So... finally got around to watching this. Thought it was actually pretty decent. Twisted, dark, and pretty ****ed up. Much better than I anticipated. Definitely changes the way you look at The Shining...

https://ift.tt/2rUUNPU

BigRedChief 06-29-2020 05:35 AM

Like others, I found it very creepy but well done. Fantastic acting performances. Great casting. I had no idea they were doing a Shining II with a grown up Danny.

A movie I'd never heard of two days ago. See the posts in here about a movie called Doctor Sleep? A very unusual occurrence in today's movies. Out performed expectations. Pleasantly surprised. Very entertaining movie. Well worth the two hours of time.

Sure-Oz 06-29-2020 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 15041869)

See it now.

Been awhile since I've seen shining. May have to recap and watch

Pepe Silvia 06-29-2020 02:28 PM

I thought that was lurch from The Addams Family. Didn’t know he was still alive.

Scooter LaCanforno 06-29-2020 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 14441549)

The Haunting of Hill House was one of the best series I've seen on Netflix.

Easy 6 06-29-2020 04:56 PM

The Shining is easily my all time favorite horror movie, but I honestly thought the trailers looked like shit and it also did poorly at the box office iirc... thanks to you folks I’m rethinking my stance and will pick it up friday