ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Games Will you still support the team if they move? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352944)

TribalElder 04-03-2024 04:18 PM

Will you still support the team if they move?

Will you still support the Royals and/or The Chiefs if they move the team?

lewdog 04-03-2024 04:19 PM

**** you and your thoughts.

Papi 04-03-2024 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 17469852)
Will you still support the Royals and/or The Chiefs if they move the team?

Only until a new team moves in.

TribalElder 04-03-2024 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 17469853)
**** you and your thoughts.

support my poll ROFL

Ming the Merciless 04-03-2024 04:21 PM

depends on where they go.

I probably would but if it was like LA (like they floated before) or something like that...

then I am not sure..

If they changed names or logos... I just dont know...

so "it depends" has to be my answer

TribalElder 04-03-2024 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ming the Merciless (Post 17469859)
depends on where they go.

I probably would but if it was like LA (like they floated before) or something like that...

then I am not sure..

If they changed names or logos... I just dont know...

so "it depends" has to be my answer

great response, I needed a way to capture that in the poll but I failed ROFL

depends on where they go and what they do

ChiefsCountry 04-03-2024 04:25 PM

Only if they stay in Missouri or Kansas. If the Royals moved to a new market, the Cardinals would be an easy switch. NFL would be tough to decide on.

RedinTexas 04-03-2024 04:31 PM

I haven't lived in KC in nearly 50 years. They were my team growing up and I never changed allegiance when I moved away. I don't see that it makes a hell of a lot of difference to me if they move away from KC, but that may change if it actually happens.

redfan 04-03-2024 04:34 PM

If they stay in the metro area, sure.

Bump 04-03-2024 04:36 PM

If they just moved to the other side of KC, ya lol

If they moved to LA or somewhere far far away, then I'd have to take that under serious consideration.

WhawhaWhat 04-03-2024 04:36 PM

If they move to Johnson County or somewhere else in the KC metro area, yes I would still support them although I probably wouldn't go to games. If they move to another city or state, then no.

Graystoke 04-03-2024 04:40 PM

Been a fan for so long I actually think I’d bail on the NFL.
There is no way I could adjust to Mexico Chieftans

Edit: if they stayed in Missouri or Kansas I would probably still support

KCUnited 04-03-2024 04:44 PM

Your choice to be a fan!

Wisconsin_Chief 04-03-2024 04:44 PM

It’s weird, because I never lived in or even anywhere near KC, but I don’t think I could support them if they move and/or change the brand. The nostalgia is half the passion for me, the memories are of the Kansas City Chiefs. I don’t think it would ever be the same as the Kansas Kings or whatever other stupid branding they would probably switch to.

FloridaMan88 04-03-2024 04:45 PM

Unless they move to Buffalo… I’ll follow them anywhere.

displacedinMN 04-03-2024 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief (Post 17469880)
It’s weird, because I never lived in or even anywhere near KC, but I don’t think I could support them if they move and/or change the brand. The nostalgia is half the passion for me, the memories are of the Kansas City Chiefs. I don’t think it would ever be the same as the Kansas Kings or whatever other stupid branding they would probably switch to.

Have you heard of some of the pwsl team names? Boring

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Archie Bunker 04-03-2024 04:46 PM

I’m loyal to the teams not the town.

displacedinMN 04-03-2024 04:47 PM

I would. but I moved away long ago.
I just don't see either team moving away from kc

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

bdj23 04-03-2024 04:47 PM

No unless they move to kansas

Katipan 04-03-2024 04:50 PM

I only support the Royals in the vein of how cute you all are when they win.

saphojunkie 04-03-2024 04:52 PM

Only I am allowed to move from KC to Los Angeles.

alpha_omega 04-03-2024 04:56 PM

Sure will.

Skyy God 04-03-2024 04:58 PM

5th poll option: OP should self immolate.

Womble 04-03-2024 05:02 PM

Only if they move to a KC metro area or London.

wazu 04-03-2024 05:03 PM

Poll fail. You gotta say where they are moving to. If people are voting that they'll support the Chiefs if they move to Overland Park (which I would) it is in no way a statement that they would support them moving to San Diego. So we really have no idea what any of these poll results mean as the question will be interpreted differently by everyone.

comochiefsfan 04-03-2024 05:11 PM

If they leave the metro, absolutely not.

If they move to Kansas, I guess I’ll still follow them but it won’t be the same.

Honestly **** the Jackson County citizens for putting us in this situation. Absolute morons. All the no voters.

jdubya 04-03-2024 05:13 PM

For some it will depend on who they blame. When Al moved the Raiders to LA he fractured the fan base. That fan base was typically a NorCal blue collar fan base and many blamed Al. I remember bumper stickers on cars back then that said "**** you Al Davis" and many fans vowed to never give a penny towards the team whether it be merch or tickets because that was their protest towards Al.

Raiders picked up a new fan base in LA and some of the home crowd was a bit gangsta but they also picked up a new fan base in central and SoCal.

When they returned to Oakland they had a statewide fan base minus the Niners fans. Same with the Vegas move, many fans stay but many have just walked away from the NFL in general.

I think those of us with grey beards remember when it felt like the local team was part of the local community but today its just a billion dollar entertainment industry

CoMoChief 04-03-2024 05:14 PM

I'll always be a fan of both.

I guess outside of paying for a NFLST pkg I wouldn't go out of my way to financially support the Chiefs.

Indian Chief 04-03-2024 05:15 PM

I'm a Chiefs fan, not a Royals fan though, so that skews it a bit. I'm also not from KC, so I have no particular allegiance to the area. But for the sake of all the Chiefs fans that are, I sincerely hope they do not move.

mabbott 04-03-2024 05:18 PM

I stopped being a Royals fan after George Brett. I watched some here and there but I was always frustrated with them losing either in the beggining of the season or at the end... nevertheless, they were irrelevant. I was happy when they won the World Series again but didn't become a fan again. I watch the Giants way more than I do the Royals.

The Chiefs I would follow to Kansas if they moved there. It would be hard if they left the midwest as that is all I know them as. Growing up in the KC area I never saw much of a difference between KCMO and KCK.

Arch Stanton 04-03-2024 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie Bunker (Post 17469887)
I’m loyal to the teams not the town.

Would you support the Chiefs if they moved ta Oakland?

Bearcat 04-03-2024 05:19 PM

Within the KC metro, yes.

If the Royals moved out of the KC area, I'd probably lose most of my interest in them (and currently that's not much anyway). I wasn't die hard by any means, but I watched them a fair amount before their success in 2014/2015, went to several games per year, bought a small game pack in 2014... a big part of those runs were being in KC at the time, going to playoff games for the first time, seeing the city go nuts. If that happened again in a different city? Meh... I wouldn't travel to see them or go out of my way to watch them. :shrug:

If Mahomes' Chiefs left town, I'd probably follow him... it would be really weird and no idea if I'd feel the same going into playoff games or how I'd feel if they won a SB for another city... but he'd definitely keep me watching. Depends exactly where, but I might even travel for playoff games.

I'm already thinking I'll be done with the NFL after Mahomes (or at least go back to only watching the conference championship games and SB) unless the Chiefs seamlessly move onto another franchise QB, so moving to a different city might actually make for a nice clean (but sad) break if it was after Mahomes retired.

Hydrae 04-03-2024 05:19 PM

I had to vote that I would still support the Chiefs but not the Royals because I was not a fan of the Royals in the first place. I am a fan of the Diamondbacks. Snakes Alive!

Archie Bunker 04-03-2024 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arch Stanton (Post 17469930)
Would you support the Chiefs if they moved ta Oakland?

I’d prefer San Diego for a fun trip but sure.

ChiliConCarnage 04-03-2024 05:24 PM

Who knows. Not worth thinking about yet

RaidersOftheCellar 04-03-2024 05:24 PM

If the Royals continued to be run as poorly as they have been for most of the last 30 years, I wouldn’t support them.

I’d still probably watch every Chiefs game, but I wouldn’t give them any money.

But the Chiefs better not even consider moving anywhere other than Kansas.

Hydrae 04-03-2024 05:31 PM

If the Chiefs relocate to the San Antonio/Austin area I may have to rethink my plans to retire out of state.

Rausch 04-03-2024 06:05 PM

Well St. Louis, put your money where your mouth is.

We all know how much you love to stick it to KC...

Rausch 04-03-2024 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 17469897)
I only support the Royals in the vein of how cute you all are when they win.

I think that's where I'm at. Happy for you guys...

Bl00dyBizkitz 04-03-2024 06:09 PM

I have a 4 year old son and one of my dreams is taking him to a home game at Arrowhead. I'd still be a fan if they stayed in Kansas or Missouri. If they moved out of state, I'd be heart broken.

I dont really understand the situation. The Chiefs seem to be deeply ingrained in the community in Missouri. Why did this vote fail?

scho63 04-03-2024 06:12 PM

Chiefs ain't moving. Quit this stupid shit.

DaFace 04-03-2024 06:14 PM

I'd support the Chiefs. And it's not that I wouldn't support the Royals, I just don't give a shit about the Royals as it is.

Jewish Rabbi 04-03-2024 06:19 PM

Yeah I voted no assuming it meant relocating, not moving within the metro. **** the Clarks and his greediness if he moves to California/Texas or wherever.

KCUnited 04-03-2024 06:28 PM

I’d rather root for Dixon elementary than the Chiefs/Royals if they leave the KC metro

BWillie 04-03-2024 06:41 PM

Wow don't let the front office see this. I'm really surprised so many of you would continue to support them if they moved. I would drop them immediately.

Stryker 04-03-2024 06:48 PM

This is just ridiculous! Ok, if the CHIEFS move to another city, you are going to bail on Mahomes, Kelce, Jones, Butker, McDuffie, Trey Smith, Creed and the rest of this incredible team? C'mon man! ROFL Um, I am NOT!

Do not think that Clark would let this happen to begin with even if he had to sell the farm to keep this team in Kansas City - do not see it happening.

BWillie 04-03-2024 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stryker (Post 17470085)
This is just ridiculous! Ok, if the CHIEFS move to another city, you are going to bail on Mahomes, Kelce, Jones, Butker, McDuffie, Trey Smith, Creed and the rest of this incredible team? C'mon man! ROFL Um, I am NOT!

Absolutely. The only reason, and I mean only reason, I root for the Chiefs and Royals is because they are in Kansas City.

Pepe Silvia 04-03-2024 06:49 PM

I'll stick around for the Mahomes years if they move to Texas but then that will be it.

Jewish Rabbi 04-03-2024 06:54 PM

Quote:

Do not think that Clark would let this happen to begin with even if he had to sell the farm to keep this team in Kansas City - do not see it happening.

How much do u pay the guys that u watch **** ur wife

BWillie 04-03-2024 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 17470100)

this is a great point

Mosbonian 04-03-2024 06:58 PM

Sorry....I see a lot of rhetoric being tossed around in the news to the public. Does anyone really think the Chiefs would really move any time soon?

Not really....or not any time in the next few years.

And threads like this only serve to feed the sky is falling mantra.

Spott 04-03-2024 06:59 PM

Wouldn’t follow either if they moved across the country. I don’t follow baseball or any other sport, so I’d be officially done as a sports fan if the Chiefs left. But I don’t ever see this happening, even if overreaction planet tells me it is.

Bearcat 04-03-2024 07:01 PM

I am NOT a HATER! I LOVE the {location} Chiefs but, reality is reality. We are down votes, left late to save Arrowhead and we are NOT scoring tax dollars. I do not understand what is going on with our stadium as well as what the hell is going on with the LOCATION! Will we watch the Chiefs in 2032, YES! Will they be playing in Kansas City? TBD! THIS SUCKS!!

BWillie 04-03-2024 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 17470105)
Sorry....I see a lot of rhetoric being tossed around in the news to the public. Does anyone really think the Chiefs would really move any time soon?

Not really....or not any time in the next few years.

And threads like this only serve to feed the sky is falling mantra.

Not not soon but by 2031. You need to get ahead of these things before it's too late.

Easy 6 04-03-2024 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 17469862)
Only if they stay in Missouri or Kansas.

Anything else is absolutely unthinkable

Stryker 04-03-2024 07:02 PM

Quote:

A ****ING LOT! Get real here. Do really think that Clark would not step in to keep his father's legacy alive in KC? Jesus Christ already.

Rainbarrel 04-03-2024 07:04 PM

Kansas City will change it's name to the Chiefs before the Chiefs leave KC

jerryaldini 04-03-2024 07:08 PM

Nah, I'd be too bugged about greedy owners only caring about the money

Rain Man 04-03-2024 07:11 PM

First off, I will support the team as long as Patrick Mahomes II is on it, because it's really fun to win Super Bowls and watch great football.

After that, I would have some questions.

Would they still be called the Kansas City Chiefs and have the same uniforms if they moved to, say, Fairbanks, Alaska? Or would they get frost blue jerseys and became the Fairbanks Arctic Terns?

I think the odds are zero that I would support the Arctic Terns. The odds are low that I would support the Fairbanks Chiefs and a bit higher that I would support the Fairbanks-based Kansas City Chiefs. It really needs to be the Kansas City Chiefs to have any strong chance.

AussieChiefsFan 04-03-2024 07:13 PM

Quote:

All those guys except for maybe Mahomes are gone but 2031.

Realistically I can only see Clark moving the team to another site within the region. That way if worst comes to worst the team can keep the name, branding and Midwestern vibe while getting the fancy new stadium.

If he moves the team to a new area of the country right as the glory days are coming to an end, it'd be such a sour ending. And if the team rebrands at that point Clark wouldn't benefit from all the positive marketing from the dynasty years. Just doesn't make sense to move the team out of the region IMO. I think this was just a power play to get the voters to pay for a half baked proposal and some deal will get done in the end. Just need to come back with a better proposal.

New World Order 04-03-2024 07:15 PM

Not if they move outside of KC and suburbs, no

IowaHawkeyeChief 04-03-2024 07:27 PM

I voted yes, but only if it wasn't a shithole city they moved to and would change if an expansion team came to KC.

BigRedChief 04-03-2024 08:51 PM

Poll fail. Big difference between moving out to the racetrack and moving to Austin/San Antonio etc.

Pablo 04-03-2024 08:55 PM

Quote:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...f04939c080.jpg

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 04-03-2024 08:56 PM

That would entirely depend on where they moved.

If they leave the KC metroplex, then I probably won’t follow them.

I lost 100% interest in the Cardinals once they left St. Louis and never cared much for the Rams.

Pablo 04-03-2024 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 17470146)
Not if they move outside of KC and suburbs, no

This is the correct answer

I would watch and root for Pat until his career was over and then it’s all done from there.

BigRedChief 04-03-2024 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 17470289)
This is the correct answer

I would watch and root for Pat until his career was over and then it’s all done from there.

doesn’t his contract end when the lease is up?

Titty Meat 04-03-2024 09:16 PM

Overreaction planet

Regime 04-03-2024 09:18 PM

Clarify your poll.
Royals
Kansas? Of course

Nashville? Of course not

Chiefs4TheWin 04-03-2024 09:47 PM

As a free spirit of supporting teams I'd follow them.

When I was young I picked who I liked and just ran with them.

Local: Penguins NFL: Chiefs

Only two I care about really. Used to follow Virginia Tech a lot but fell off of that. No basketball in my area, and Pirates I like ok but don't follow much anymore since I got rid of Cable.

threebag 04-03-2024 09:49 PM

Yea, because they will be on the Kansas side

bobbything 04-03-2024 09:51 PM

I find this a little silly. 99.9% of Chiefs fans will still support the team if they move over to the KS side—which is exactly where they will go should they decide to move. The option to any other area is a non-issue.

Kman34 04-03-2024 09:56 PM

JFC.. Everyone’s brains have turned to mush…

ghak99 04-03-2024 10:38 PM

If the Royals leave the metro area, I'm done.

If the Chiefs move across town, of course I'd support them. If they completely relocate, I'll probably watch games until PMII falls off and then fade away from the NFL completely. If they moved to somewhere like Tulsa, Omaha, Des Moines, or St. Louis I think they could keep me into it, but the odds of them landing in some smaller market within the region, or even St. Louis, are next to zero.

Pepe Silvia 04-03-2024 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kman34 (Post 17470341)

Put them in the bathroom.

alanm 04-03-2024 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kman34 (Post 17470341)

It's the off season whatdya expect. But it's a little more frightening that's happening earlier than normal. :eek: :spock:

bringbackmarty 04-03-2024 11:17 PM

Nobody is going anywhere. Y'all need to relax. All we said with the vote was that they have to do better. It's a ****ing business negotiation. Chiefs aren't leaving Kansas City proper, let alone arrowhead and no city no matter how awful wants John Sherman the weakest of billionaires owning anything in their town. We're stuck with the royals until Sherman sells in two years, probably toTravis Kelce/Mahomes.

ChiefAshhole1056 04-04-2024 12:55 AM

I’ve been a fan since Dante Hall, Tony Richardson, and Tony G. I lived through the hell of Pioli, Cassel, and Belcher. I’ve soaked in every moment of Andy, Travis, and Pat.

Once this three are done I don’t see my interest ever touching these peaks again. The mountaintops this dynasty has provided honestly sullies the thought of any other experience as a sports fan.

Once Pat is done, I probably will be as well. Hopefully it never leaves Arrowhead.

GabyKeepsMeWarm 04-04-2024 02:49 AM

Will someone please stick a fork in this dipshit thread?

RealSNR 04-04-2024 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 17470131)
First off, I will support the team as long as Patrick Mahomes II is on it, because it's really fun to win Super Bowls and watch great football.

After that, I would have some questions.

Would they still be called the Kansas City Chiefs and have the same uniforms if they moved to, say, Fairbanks, Alaska? Or would they get frost blue jerseys and became the Fairbanks Arctic Terns?

I think the odds are zero that I would support the Arctic Terns. The odds are low that I would support the Fairbanks Chiefs and a bit higher that I would support the Fairbanks-based Kansas City Chiefs. It really needs to be the Kansas City Chiefs to have any strong chance.

What about the Fairbanks Ermines?