ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The new Dune 2 trailer may very well be the best trailer for a movie I've ever seen (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=351368)

Fat Elvis 12-12-2023 09:08 PM

The new Dune 2 trailer may very well be the best trailer for a movie I've ever seen

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/U2Qp5pL3ovA?si=2SEsRIrUBAsJvWNJ" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I really liked the first installment, and the previous trailers for Dune 2 were good, but my jaw hit the floor watching this one....

Hammock Parties 12-12-2023 09:28 PM

God damn they're gonna nail this.

Like it's never been done.

BWillie 12-12-2023 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 17277354)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/U2Qp5pL3ovA?si=2SEsRIrUBAsJvWNJ" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I really liked the first installment, and the previous trailers for Dune 2 were good, but my jaw hit the floor watching this one....

****ing bas ass.

Also, he's gonna **** the shit outta Zendaya.

ChiliConCarnage 12-13-2023 06:09 AM

It was awesome. Could have been shorter. I feel like the first half of it was plenty

DCTwister 12-14-2023 07:32 PM

Solid.
Although the Phantom Menace trailer was pretty good in its day too.

Graystoke 12-15-2023 08:48 AM

Looking forward to this one.
I never go to the theatre, I did for Dune 1 and will for Dune 2

Rausch 12-22-2023 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graystoke (Post 17280308)
Looking forward to this one.
I never go to the theatre, I did for Dune 1 and will for Dune 2

Yup. This is one to see on the big screen.

This and Godzilla -1 I feel like I wanna' see in theaters.

Frazod 02-10-2024 08:54 PM

This is the full sandworm scene, which just dropped a couple of days ago. ****ing amazing.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/12n5APZhf4U" title="Sandworm Scene | DUNE PART TWO (2024) Timothée Chalamet, Movie CLIP HD" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Can't wait to see this.

stumppy 02-10-2024 10:52 PM

That was badass.

Frazod 02-10-2024 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumppy (Post 17390845)
That was badass.

Oh yeah. Generally there is very little that I look forward to in March, but I've got something now.

UteChief 02-11-2024 01:10 AM

Looks like I can catch part one in theaters, before part two comes out. I have never seen part one or the original film. Anything I need to know?

Frazod 02-11-2024 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UteChief (Post 17390995)
Looks like I can catch part one in theaters, before part two comes out. I have never seen part one or the original film. Anything I need to know?

DO NOT watch the 1984 movie. EVER. It is an absolute abomination, and completely butchered what many consider to be the best science fiction novel ever written. I saw that vile turd in the theater and wanted to die when it was over. I consider it to be one of the worst movies ever made, and it is hands down the one I hate the most. If I ever meet David Lynch I will spit in his face. The low budget Syfy miniseries was better, but not by much. And watching either will needlessly spoil the upcoming movies for you.

I highly recommend reading the original 1965 novel, which is one of my all time favorites. But since Part 2 is out in less than a month and you want to see Part 1 in the theater as well, you should probably wait until you've seen them both. I've known how Part 2 is going to end for over 40 years. I envy you for being able to experience it for the first time on the big screen done correctly.

Part 1 was about as close to the source material as could be hoped for. There are a few differences, but nothing major. I expect Part 2 will be the same.

Villeneuve is awesome. He's already delivered great things, and I expect that to continue.

Rausch 02-11-2024 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 17391008)

Part 1 was about as close to the source material as could be hoped for. There are a few differences, but nothing major. I expect Part 2 will be the same.

Villeneuve is awesome. He's already delivered great things, and I expect that to continue.

This is the first big budget movie I've seen a trailer for in years that I didn't immediately think "they'll find a way to **** this up. It'll be full of some stupid shit or another."

I really enjoyed part 1 and so did the wife. And she hates most sci-fi.

Bowser 02-11-2024 09:54 AM

I like that it took Frazod only 21 minutes at 1:30 in the morning to all caps warn a Dune n00b to not watch the 1984 version. It's like he has a sixth sense when people are curious about the material. LMAO

Graystoke 02-11-2024 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 17390720)
This is the full sandworm scene, which just dropped a couple of days ago. ****ing amazing.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/12n5APZhf4U" title="Sandworm Scene | DUNE PART TWO (2024) Timothée Chalamet, Movie CLIP HD" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Can't wait to see this.

This is gonna be good.
I recently re-watched part 1, followed by a reading of Dune again.
It had been 10 years since I read and you continually find new tidbit you missed before.
Looking forward to this.

BWillie 02-11-2024 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graystoke (Post 17391332)
This is gonna be good.
I recently re-watched part 1, followed by a reading of Dune again.
It had been 10 years since I read and you continually find new tidbit you missed before.
Looking forward to this.

I've never read Dune so Im scared to do so until the entire trilogy is over. I don't want to already know what happens like you guys.

Gravedigger 02-13-2024 08:41 AM

My wife and I finally got around to watching it on Max, yes after all this time, very unique and interesting world he's built. Haven't read the books, only heard about the movie when I was a kid that my parents watched back in the day so never saw the original film adaptation, but I'm glad he's split it off into multiple movies like this, seems like a vast story with alot of details that need to be given time to breathe. Casting was spot on, really well done, score was great, effects were great, can't wait for March 1st.

O.city 02-20-2024 10:17 AM

Getting reallllll pumped for this.

Hope they go in more detail on the different houses.

dlphg9 02-20-2024 11:34 AM

I cannot ****ing wait for this movie. God damn strikes deprived me of watching this movie already.

Graystoke 02-23-2024 12:48 PM

Getting really good critic reviews. Get the popcorn ready.

Frazod 02-23-2024 02:04 PM

It's definitely a critical darling. One of them called it the "Lawrence of Arabia of Science Fiction." Almost makes me nervous.

It opens Thursday. I plan to see a midday matinee the following week. No rush, I guess. I've known how it ends for over 40 years. :D

Graystoke 02-23-2024 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 17415280)
It's definitely a critical darling. One of them called it the "Lawrence of Arabia of Science Fiction." Almost makes me nervous.

It opens Thursday. I plan to see a midday matinee the following week. No rush, I guess. I've known how it ends for over 40 years. :D

Yes, I will wait for it to settle down a bit before I go. I don't go to theatres often and prefer my venue to be a little less crowded.

BWillie 02-26-2024 02:03 AM

Have tickets for Friday Night in IMAX. Super excited

Pepe Silvia 02-26-2024 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 17417462)
Have tickets for Friday Night in IMAX. Super excited

Are you getting the Dune popcorn bucket?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Rl_Xhvgkxrk?si=x5EeEEPLvXGmE15t" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BWillie 02-26-2024 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia (Post 17418089)
Are you getting the Dune popcorn bucket?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Rl_Xhvgkxrk?si=x5EeEEPLvXGmE15t" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Undoubtedly

staylor26 02-26-2024 07:19 PM

Just rewatched the original. Great movie, but so obvious that this sequel will be like The Dark Knight and The Empire Strikes Back.

BWillie 02-26-2024 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17418393)
Just rewatched the original. Great movie, but so obvious that this sequel will be like The Dark Knight and The Empire Strikes Back.

The Dark Knight is the best Batman. At the very least was much better than Batman Begins.

ThaVirus 02-26-2024 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17418393)

Bigger and better?

staylor26 02-26-2024 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17418593)
Bigger and better?

Precisely.

dlphg9 02-27-2024 02:14 AM

The reviews coming out for this thing are the most hyped things I've ever seen lmao.

Joshua Mackey
Geeks of Color
Dune: Part Two is lightyears away from its predecessor, becoming a game changer for the science fiction genre. With powerful storytelling and a stronger cast, Dune: Part Two soars where most films dream of.

Josie Meléndez
Screen Speck
In all likelihood, Dune: Part Two will be revered in film history for years to come – it manages to be unlike anything we’ve seen before, yet comfortably familiar at the same time

Brian Eggert
Deep Focus Review
Beyond tapping into the source material’s vast potential for emotion and sociopolitical commentary, [Villeneuve] applies a formal bravado and seriousness found in history’s most substantial works of science fiction.

Randy Myers
San Jose Mercury News
TOP CRITIC
It rivals 2015’s “Mad Max: Fury Road” as a staggering, monumental achievement in genre filmmaking and reminds us what truly talented movie directors can do

Katie Smith-Wong
Flick Feast
A feast for the eyes...Dune: Part Two's jaw-dropping epicness is enough to satisfy one's appetite for spice, cementing itself as one of the best sci-fi sequels of this century.

Razmig Bedirian
The National (UAE)
The film has the makings of a contemporary classic, with the only downside being that we’ll have to wait another few years to see how tensions unfold

I don't think I've seen a movie with such high praises from so many different critics. This has gotten me even more excited than I was before.

BWillie 02-27-2024 09:34 AM

Aquaman is not in the previews. Why? He is really dead? Too good of a character.

No I haven't read the books.
No I haven't seen the original Dune.

Even if he died, get him back into the movie. Flashbacks or something. Figure it out.

woynpoint 02-27-2024 11:33 AM

Waiting for more detailsCeePee

Third Eye 02-27-2024 09:22 PM

The wife and I are going for free on Thursday night as part of 810’s customer appreciation night or whatever. That part is cool, but it won’t be in IMAX or even a particularly big screen or great audio, which is less cool. I’ll probably have to go see it a second time at one of the better screens.

BWillie 02-28-2024 12:26 AM

Thank god Hans Zimmer is still doing the score. Nolans movies just haven't been as good without Zimmer. I don't know how Zimmer gets his people to do it and how he picks and narrows down the music but it always does a perfect job of capturing that moment in the film.

Frazod 02-28-2024 04:39 PM

I've been rereading the second half of the novel over the past couple of days, as well as steeling myself not be too annoyed with changes they'll make. The most glaring one seems to be

Spoiler!

I know I'm not representative of the target audience, and have enough faith in Villeneuve to believe that he won't go full Abrams here. But still...... :banghead:

Spoiler!

Frazod 02-28-2024 05:12 PM

And almost immediately, I feel better. Critical Drinker loved it! :thumb:

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yOtTsNnDnI8" title="Dune Part Two - The Movie We All Needed" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

kcpasco 03-01-2024 04:02 AM

Gonna see it on Saturday but always wondered how Denis would handle Alia. I’m hearing it’s a good adaptation because that is an almost impossible task for a movie.

listopencil 03-01-2024 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 17418887)
Aquaman is not in the previews. Why? He is really dead? Too good of a character.

No I haven't read the books.
No I haven't seen the original Dune.

Even if he died, get him back into the movie. Flashbacks or something. Figure it out.

Yes he is really dead. Also, no he's not.

Frazod 03-01-2024 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 17423492)
Gonna see it on Saturday but always wondered how Denis would handle Alia. I’m hearing it’s a good adaptation because that is an almost impossible task for a movie.

I'm curious about that as well. Of course, now we have all the CGI/deepfake technology that could easily be used to give her all the nuances that no extremely young child actor could. And Villeneuve has the chops to pull it off seamlessly.

lawrenceRaider 03-01-2024 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 17415280)

Only a bit over 30 years for me.

Not sure when I'll make time to go and see it. I very, very rarely go to the theater these days.

Third Eye 03-01-2024 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 17424347)
I'm curious about that as well. Of course, now we have all the CGI/deepfake technology that could easily be used to give her all the nuances that no extremely young child actor could. And Villeneuve has the chops to pull it off seamlessly.

Or they could handle it in another way...

I'll just say they veered from the book here, but it worked for me.

staylor26 03-01-2024 05:01 PM

It was amazing :clap:

O.city 03-01-2024 06:49 PM

Man

It’s good

BWillie 03-02-2024 02:27 AM

I liked the first one better but it was a great movie. Since I don't know what happens, maybe that sets up Dune Part 3 to be quite epic.

Spoiler!

RINGLEADER 03-02-2024 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 17421771)
I've been rereading the second half of the novel over the past couple of days, as well as steeling myself not be too annoyed with changes they'll make. The most glaring one seems to be

Spoiler!

I know I'm not representative of the target audience, and have enough faith in Villeneuve to believe that he won't go full Abrams here. But still...... :banghead:

Spoiler!

Without spoiling anything I agree with your assessment. There are changes I don’t understand why DV did the way he did. I really enjoyed the movie but the ending was not satisfying or accurate to the book.

duncan_idaho 03-02-2024 10:12 AM

I saw this Thursday evening. It's beautiful. Incredibly well-shot, acted, and directed.

There are, yes, some big deviations from the original story as laid out in the book.

Spoiler!

BWillie 03-02-2024 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 17424943)
Without spoiling anything I agree with your assessment. There are changes I don’t understand why DV did the way he did. I really enjoyed the movie but the ending was not satisfying or accurate to the book.

Nobody gives a shit about the book. The book came out in 1965. Who gives a shit. Make a good movie. Do what you do Denis.

O.city 03-02-2024 12:47 PM

Well denis bases it on the books thankfully, so mamoa is….well I’d guess we may see him again

O.city 03-02-2024 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 17425095)
I saw this Thursday evening. It's beautiful. Incredibly well-shot, acted, and directed.

There are, yes, some big deviations from the original story as laid out in the book.

Spoiler!

I’m guessing we get Messiah as the final chapter no?

duncan_idaho 03-02-2024 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17425259)
I’m guessing we get Messiah as the final chapter no?

They could make 4 more movies if they want to do that. They’re going to have to change up some things in Children to do it.

And shit, there are like 15 more books in the main continuity. They could make 20+ movies in this universe if they wanted.

SAGA45 03-02-2024 07:59 PM

Bardem was excellent in this! lol! Great film!

Gravedigger 03-02-2024 10:32 PM

The world it creates is incredible, constantly introducing new angles and wrinkles it was beautifully done. It felt like 3 hours but when it hits, it ****ing hits.

Megatron96 03-03-2024 04:47 PM

Is this a movie I have to see in IMAX? Planning on going in the next few days and just wanted to get the group opinion. Thx.

chinaski 03-03-2024 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 17426610)
Is this a movie I have to see in IMAX? Planning on going in the next few days and just wanted to get the group opinion. Thx.

I saw it at my smallish local theatre and was absolutely not disappointed, but I think you should see it on IMAX as the visuals are absolutely astonishing and beautiful, it will be a much better experience.

Only reason I didn't see it on IMAX is my wife is out of town, and wanted to wait to get that experience with her. She loved the first film as well, and she isn't even a Sci-Fi fan.

It's an amazing movie and I can't stop thinking about it. It doesn't seem like a 3 hour film. I left wanting more.

Megatron96 03-03-2024 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chinaski (Post 17426653)
I saw it at my smallish local theatre and was absolutely not disappointed, but I think you should see it on IMAX as the visuals are absolutely astonishing and beautiful, it will be a much better experience.

Only reason I didn't see it on IMAX is my wife is out of town, and wanted to wait to get that experience with her. She loved the first film as well, and she isn't even a Sci-Fi fan.

It's an amazing movie and I can't stop thinking about it. It doesn't seem like a 3 hour film. I left wanting more.

Thx!!!

PHOG 03-03-2024 07:05 PM

Excellent movie! Must see! Can't wait for 3.

Fish 03-03-2024 08:02 PM

I wouldn't say IMAX is a requirement. But if it's handy, this would absolutely be a film to take advantage of it. The gummies probably helped, but this was one of the most immersive theater movies I've experienced since LOTR. The visuals are incredible. They do a really good job of making you feel like you're right there in the middle of the smoke and sand and chaos. 3hrs feels more like 1.5hrs. The pacing starts slow, but builds up the entire film. I really enjoyed it, and I thought they did a great job building the story with room for much more.

O.city 03-03-2024 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 17425813)
They could make 4 more movies if they want to do that. They’re going to have to change up some things in Children to do it.

And shit, there are like 15 more books in the main continuity. They could make 20+ movies in this universe if they wanted.

Deni has stated that he wants to make the final film in this setup basically off of Messiah, but they may add some of Children I would imagine to get it to work.

Rain Man 03-03-2024 08:56 PM

I've never read the book and I didn't see the first movie. Can I go see this and understand it?

O.city 03-03-2024 08:59 PM

No, I'd not recommend.

The first is great, just watch it RM!!

BWillie 03-03-2024 09:13 PM

I would definitely let Lady Jessica have it. That is a sexy space witch even with all the shit on her face.

kcpasco 03-03-2024 10:07 PM

Villeneuve has already said he will be satisfied telling Herbert’s message through Messiah. If another director wants to pick up after that it will probably be someone else.

BigRedChief 03-04-2024 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 17426755)
The visuals are incredible. They do a really good job of making you feel like you're right there in the middle of the smoke and sand and chaos. 3hrs feels more like 1.5hrs. The pacing starts slow, but builds up the entire film. I really enjoyed it, and I thought they did a great job building the story with room for much more.

Never read the book. Did see the first movie.This was a fantastic movie. The visuals really send this movie to the must see category.

Saw it in a big theatre with great sound. Well done movie and would recommend even if you don't know shit about Dune.

Bowser 03-04-2024 08:46 PM

https://scontent.fmkc1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...wg&oe=65EBB226

(groan worthy, but I laughed)

Bowser 03-04-2024 09:45 PM

Waiting until this weekend to check it out. It's an effort to ignore this thread, lol.

T-post Tom 03-04-2024 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 17426789)
I've never read the book and I didn't see the first movie. Can I go see this and understand it?

Just let the art flow over you….

Frazod 03-05-2024 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 17426826)
Villeneuve has already said he will be satisfied telling Herbert’s message through Messiah. If another director wants to pick up after that it will probably be someone else.

I don't blame him. The books get progressively worse after Dune. Herbert hit it out of the park with the first one, but this series ain't Game of Thrones. Dune Messiah was okay, but without giving anything away, the main characters become seriously less relatable and likeable. Children of Dune was a slog, and God Emperor of Dune was awful; so bad, in fact, that I never finished it or bothered to read the fifth and sixth book. I'm told they're better than God Emperor. I don't care.

Going to see Part 2 in about an hour.

Frazod 03-05-2024 03:34 PM

Well, I haven't been this thoroughly disappointed in a movie since Avatar. "Lawrence of Arabia of Science Fiction" my ass. Sure, it looked pretty, but it shit all over the book, and it also shit all over the promise of Part 1.

I basically feel like I just paid $40 to sit in a theater for three hours, eat shitty overpriced food and watch the Chiefs lose the Super Bowl.

https://media1.tenor.com/m/HWBMmc8g6...k-****-you.gif

kcpasco 03-05-2024 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 17428657)
I don't blame him. The books get progressively worse after Dune. Herbert hit it out of the park with the first one, but this series ain't Game of Thrones. Dune Messiah was okay, but without giving anything away, the main characters become seriously less relatable and likeable. Children of Dune was a slog, and God Emperor of Dune was awful; so bad, in fact, that I never finished it or bothered to read the fifth and sixth book. I'm told they're better than God Emperor. I don't care.

Going to see Part 2 in about an hour.

Messiah was written because of the people that didn’t get the message of the first book. It isn’t subtle and it’s is in your face. I agree with you on the rest of the series.

I think Denis felt like he needed to dumb it down to avoid that same mistake. Which is insulting if being truthful. But I still enjoyed it.

duncan_idaho 03-05-2024 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 17429062)
Well, I haven't been this thoroughly disappointed in a movie since Avatar. "Lawrence of Arabia of Science Fiction" my ass. Sure, it looked pretty, but it shit all over the book, and it also shit all over the promise of Part 1.

I basically feel like I just paid $40 to sit in a theater for three hours, eat shitty overpriced food and watch the Chiefs lose the Super Bowl.

https://media1.tenor.com/m/HWBMmc8g6...k-****-you.gif

Sadly, that's what I expected your reaction to be.

I'm sorry you've never experienced an adaptation that brought you joy.

Frazod 03-05-2024 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 17429405)
Sadly, that's what I expected your reaction to be.

I'm sorry you've never experienced an adaptation that brought you joy.

Yep. I think the only way I'll ever see it done right is if I do it myself. And that's not going to happen.

Such a wasted opportunity. You had the right director, a great cast (except for Walken, who was both miscast and awful), all the benefits of modern special effects and CGI done to perfection, and they pissed it all away playing games with the story. It just got progressively worse. By the end, it's like they just threw everything in a blender with the lid off, hit puree, scraped the splattered chunks off the walls and pieced them together randomly. So much screen time wasted on the whole ridiculous Chani changes that could have gone into properly developing the story. ****. They reduced both her and Jessica to vicious, scheming ****s. I guess the worst thing a woman can do is quietly and faithfully support a man she loves.

****ing woke Hollywood can rot in the deepest depths of hell. Today may well have been the last time I ever set foot inside a movie theater. They just don't make films for me anymore.

BleedingRed 03-06-2024 12:34 AM

7/10

I honestly felt like the editing was an issue, tone changes were not handled great. And wasted real estate on scenes that served little purpose.

However I feel like it’s a directors cut away from 10/10

BWillie 03-06-2024 10:26 AM

If I saw the first Dune in 1984 would it give away anything for Dune 3 today?

Frazod 03-06-2024 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 17429485)
7/10

I honestly felt like the editing was an issue, tone changes were not handled great. And wasted real estate on scenes that served little purpose.

However I feel like it’s a directors cut away from 10/10

Good luck with that. He doesn't do director's cuts.

Bowser 03-06-2024 10:46 PM

It's been decades since I read the book, but it felt like they skipped a ton of shit in this movie. Is that accurate?

Incredible visual movie, but it just felt disjointed from the start.

Fish 03-06-2024 10:57 PM

I thought they nailed this scene from the original though...

<iframe width="648" height="365" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4HB7zqP9QNo" title="Brian Telling His Followers He Is Not the Messiah - Monty Python&#39;s Life of Brian" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bowser 03-06-2024 11:19 PM

LMAO

siberian khatru 03-09-2024 02:35 PM

I thought it was fantastic.

I have a few nits to pick, which is standard for most adaptations. I had one major concern:

Spoiler!

Frazod 03-09-2024 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 17433782)
I thought it was fantastic.

I have a few nits to pick, which is standard for most adaptations. I had one major concern:

Spoiler!

I guess I'll still spoiler my reply, although I'm rapidly running out of ****s to give about this overrated turd.

Spoiler!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 17430759)
It's been decades since I read the book, but it felt like they skipped a ton of shit in this movie. Is that accurate?

Incredible visual movie, but it just felt disjointed from the start.

The main things that were missed:

Spoiler!

This was Avatar in the desert. A beautifully giftwrapped box of shit. **** you, Villeneuve.

Frazod 03-09-2024 03:46 PM

Oh, one other thing the movie left out

Spoiler!