ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV What streaming services do you pay for? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=349335)

Zebedee DuBois 07-11-2023 04:01 PM

What streaming services do you pay for?

I am curious about what (and how many) streaming services people subscribe and pay for.

I will make a poll, and undoubtedly miss something. Some

Check all that apply.

mr. tegu 07-11-2023 07:55 PM

Probably get more traction in the main lounge. I’d be interested in more responses.

ThaVirus 07-11-2023 08:28 PM

I pay for YouTube TV, Hulu, and Disney+.

My girlfriend pays for Max and Amazon Prime.

And we’ve earned free subscriptions to Netflix, Paramount+ and Peacock from various sources.

Zebedee DuBois 07-11-2023 08:40 PM

I have Netflix since the time we mailed DVDs back and forth.
Prime Video, a benefit from our Amazon membership.
Discounted Netflix through TMobile
I had a free year of Apple TV from them too, the free part ran out, but I like their shows so I kept it.
I pay for YouTube TV Live, because I can't get antenna reception for the local channels in all parts of my house, plus the wife likes several of the other channels. I also get ESPN, FS1, etc, plus news channels there.
I got a Hulu/ESPN+/Disney+ package for what I was getting Hulu for before. The ESPN+ comes in handy for college games I like. I barely use the Disney channel.
I have Max

ToxSocks 07-11-2023 09:00 PM

Recently did somewhat of a purge and dropped the Disney/Hulu/ESPN bundle.

So Netflix, HBO, Paramount+, Amazon and NFL+ are all still in. Amazon likely to get purged this month though before I gotta re-up on that prime subscription.

WhawhaWhat 07-12-2023 06:06 AM

If I get Hulu/ESPN/Disney through my Verizon plan, does that count?

Zebedee DuBois 07-12-2023 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 17013795)
If I get Hulu/ESPN/Disney through my Verizon plan, does that count?

Sure. You are, in effect, paying for it. You get it at a discount.

Zebedee DuBois 07-12-2023 09:07 AM

My viewing experience is that one of the services will have a bunch of stuff I like and most of the others don't. But the 'good' channel changes. Sometimes it is Netflix, then 3 months later it is Apple, then later it is Prime.

ChiefsCountry 07-12-2023 09:25 AM

Direct TV Stream
ESPN
Get Max free through AT&T

Decided I didn't watch the others enough to justify them

RaidersOftheCellar 07-12-2023 10:02 AM

I pay for Youtube TV, Netflix, Prime, Shudder, Disney+, ESPN+, The Criterion Channel, and I have a free Paramount add-on.

Feels like I'm forgetting one. It's probably too many. Tried Apple TV awhile ago and quickly dumped it. I'm sharing somebody else's HBO Max.

WhawhaWhat 07-12-2023 12:35 PM

Netflix
HBO/MAX
Peacock
Prime Video
MLB.tv

I wouldn't have these if they weren't included with my Verizon plan:
Disney Plus
ESPN Plus
Hulu

sedated 07-12-2023 12:52 PM

Damn some people have a ton of these. I'm on YouTubeTV and Hulu (with ESPN+), but about to drop Hulu once I finish one show. I have a login for Netflix but that might go away soon.

staylor26 07-12-2023 12:53 PM

No cable for me.

So I have Max, Disney/Hulu/ESPN+ bundle, Netflix, and Paramount+ (on and off).

I also use my mom's Prime, Peacock, and Apple TV accounts lol.

WhawhaWhat 07-12-2023 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 17014346)
Damn some people have a ton of these. I'm on YouTubeTV and Hulu (with ESPN+), but about to drop Hulu once I finish one show. I have a login for Netflix but that might go away soon.

A lot of them I split with someone else. My brother and I share a phone plan so we get the Disney bundle through that. I get MLB.tv through my parents phone plan. I used to split Netflix until they started locking that down. I'm thinking about getting rid of it now.

Really the only ones I use regularly are HBO and Peacock, which I only use to watch Indycar and IMSA racing.

Otter 07-12-2023 01:11 PM

Pretty much done with subscriptions outside of what comes with Amazon Prime. If I can't find it streaming then I'm probably going to have to go without.

Way too much garbage and way too many commercials.

Mecca 07-12-2023 01:57 PM

We pay for

Netflix
Hulu/Disney/ESPN bundle
Paramount

I have Prime and Max because other family members allow me to use those logins

I have Peacock because Comcast is still giving it free to customers and thats what I have for net, no cable or satelite at all.

I also use my parents cable login on other apps to watch things I wanna see.

rydogg58 07-12-2023 03:34 PM

Jesus. I've got about 8 or so of those. Disney, Hulu, YouTube, paramount, Amazon, HBO max, Netflix, Starz, and peacock. Add in Spotify, and Sirius xm radio. All that shit and I still can't f8nd anything to watch or listen to.

Mecca 07-12-2023 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rydogg58 (Post 17014664)
Jesus. I've got about 8 or so of those. Disney, Hulu, YouTube, paramount, Amazon, HBO max, Netflix, Starz, and peacock. Add in Spotify, and Sirius xm radio. All that shit and I still can't f8nd anything to watch or listen to.

Man if you can't find anything to watch thats on you.

rydogg58 07-12-2023 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17014759)
Man if you can't find anything to watch thats on you.

No doubt it is. I don't really care to watch much on TV anymore. I'm sure there's good stuff to watch, I'm just at the point in my life where I'd rather do other things than watch a show. Most of those subscriptions we have are because of my wife and 3 daughters. They watch everything.