ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Patrick Mahomes isn't "broken" you ****ing dorks (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=340576)

carcosa 11-01-2021 10:14 PM

Patrick Mahomes isn't "broken" you ****ing dorks

"broken" "abomination" "Rick Ankiel"

These are all words that people used to describe Patrick ****ing Mahomes tonight. I mean, are you listening to yourselves? Rick ****ING Ankiel?????

Look, I'm not going to pretend like he's been himself all year. He's not seeing the field as well as usual, he's struggling to trust his OL and occasionally scrambling out of clean pockets, he's missing some throws, some of those turnovers have actually been his fault and not just the receivers being unable to hold onto the ****in ball.

But all the wannabe psychologists and family therapists on this site are driving me up a ****ing wall. You don't know what the **** is going on in his head and you don't know what affect his family life has on his play.

What you DO know, based on a 3 season sample size, is that he's the greatest QB through ~50 games in NFL history. You know that he's won multiple comeback playoff games, two AFC titles, and a Super Bowl. You even know (or at least you ****ing should, unless you've been too busy moaning to actually read anything), that by most metrics he's actually been pretty good overall this season. His "turnover worthy" plays are actually DOWN from past years. He's #4 in the league in touchdowns. His TD% is identical to last season and higher that 2019. Before Tennessee, which is easily the biggest outlier of his career including the other "bad" games this season, he was leading one of the most efficient offenses of all time in terms of points per drive — yes, better than 2018. I know it doesn't feel that way because so many guys on this team (including, yes, Patrick himself on a few occasions) can't hold onto the ****ing ball. But that's the ****ing truth.

If he were moping during press conferences or lashing out on social media, I might give a little bit more credence to the narrative that he's moments away from a nervous breakdown. Not very much, but a little bit. But he's not. He's being honest (almost to a fault) about his role in the team's struggles and projecting confidence that he can turn it around. What more can he possibly do to convince some of you losers to hold onto a bit of that confidence yourselves? Does he need to go back in time and miraculously heal Schwartz and Fisher and win that Super Bowl? Should he just commit seppuku at midfield? What do you want??

Patrick Mahomes is not broken. He's slumping. Every QB slumps occasionally. Not every QB calls having the 4th best QBR (64.1) and 6th best EPA (46.3, just above the dreaded Aaron Rodgers) a ****ing slump. Personally, even after 8 underwhelming-to-miserable games and a 4-4 record, I'm gonna give the kid a little more leeway before calling for him to be committed to the god damn psych ward. I think he's earned at least that much.

Kman34 11-01-2021 10:16 PM

Maybe the matchup against Rogers will motivate him... Or maybe not..

BryanBusby 11-01-2021 10:17 PM

The play calling is up|down but the biggest problem this year is dudes just aren't getting open like they used to.

Pat does great when he scrambles to an open receiver. Right now it's not reliable.

RollChiefsRoll 11-01-2021 10:17 PM

Amen. I, for one, am really ****ing glad the Chiefs are going through this rough patch with #15 at the helm.

Bearcat 11-01-2021 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 15927996)

But all the wannabe psychologists and family therapists on this site are driving me up a ****ing wall. You don't know what the **** is going on in his head and you don't know what affect his family life has on his play.

Yeah, the general thoughts on any of the theories range from "well, maybe" to complete idiocy... and so many are the latter.

suzzer99 11-01-2021 10:24 PM

He's not broken. But he is slumping for the first time in his career.

We thought he was immune to slumping. So this is a little shocking.

carcosa 11-01-2021 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kman34 (Post 15928004)

Yeah, I don't think it's a question of motivation. He's plenty motivated. I think his biggest problem is that he doesn't trust his guys right now. That's something that both he and said guys need to continue working on. The receivers need to get the **** open more and the OL needs to hold up more consistently. Patrick needs to find the receivers when they get open and stay calm when the OL does hold up.

Next week I honestly think it's a coin flip whether we see another big disappointment or the best ****ing game of the year. Too many people are acting like it's Anton Chigurh flipping the coin.

TribalElder 11-01-2021 10:24 PM

https://twitter.com/jewellhawks/stat...73728511049729

Mecca 11-01-2021 10:26 PM

He's antsy as shit in the pocket. He's impatient because the big play has always been there...mix him trying to still get those plays with 2 OTs thar aren't premier pass blockers and here's where we are.

The Franchise 11-01-2021 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 15928048)

You’re going to talk shit about Mahomes and you can’t embed a ****ing tweet?

TribalElder 11-01-2021 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15928062)
You’re going to talk shit about Mahomes and you can’t embed a ****ing tweet?

Not talking shit
Can’t embed on mobile

Hoover 11-01-2021 10:28 PM

Throughout the current shit show. Tyreek has been the lone bright spot. Dude just delivers.

PattyFlakes 11-01-2021 10:30 PM

He’s not broken, but he is pressing for sure. Getting frustrated that the big plays aren’t there, and that the line isn’t protecting like they should. Great players go through rough patches, it’s inevitable. I think the kid has the demeanor to get through this and be better for it..

PAChiefsGuy 11-01-2021 10:30 PM

Fun fact - Mahomes has 10 INTs so far this season. One less than he had the last two regular seasons combined.

lcarus 11-01-2021 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 15928045)
Yeah, I don't think it's a question of motivation. He's plenty motivated. I think his biggest problem is that he doesn't trust his guys right now.

It's this right here. Basically all new, young offensive line. They've done great at times and other times they've shit the bed. That's to be expected and I think it will get better with more games under their belt. Mahomes will benefit from that time with them as well.

As far as the receivers, with all the crazy tipped passes, dropped balls, fumbles, and random crazy shit that somehow results in a turnover every other possession, it's gotten in Mahomes head. That will also get better with time. I mean it ****ing has to right? This shit's insane. This team was one of the best in the league at not turning the football over. For several years. Now all of a sudden they're turning it over on a 1/4 of their possessions? Crazy.

carcosa 11-01-2021 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 15928070)
Throughout the current shit show. Tyreek has been the lone bright spot. Dude just delivers.

Yeah but even he's had some pretty crucial mistakes. Take out even just a randomly selected handful of turnovers this year and we're not talking about Mahomes' mental state at all.

DRM08 11-01-2021 10:31 PM

Quote:

Not entirely. He's had some bobbled ball INT's and a bad fumble deep in Chargers territory that killed them. Kelce was the only one until tonight who seemed to avoid these type of mistakes.

carcosa 11-01-2021 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 15928082)
It's this right here. Basically all new, young offensive line. They've done great at times and other times they've shit the bed. That's to be expected and I think it will get better with more games under their belt. Mahomes will benefit from that time with them as well.

As far as the receivers, with all the crazy tipped passes, dropped balls, fumbles, and random crazy shit that somehow results in a turnover every other possession, it's gotten in Mahomes head. That will also get better with time. I mean it ****ing has to right? This shit's insane. This team was one of the best in the league at not turning the football over. For several years. Now all of a sudden they're turning it over on a 1/4 of their possessions? Crazy.

The turnover thing is totally unsustainable and yet somehow they've managed to sustain it for 8 weeks. It's an anti-miracle.

The coin has to come up in our favor eventually. When it does, Patrick will look a lot closer to normal.

RollChiefsRoll 11-01-2021 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 15928091)
Not entirely. He's had some bobbled ball INT's and a bad fumble deep in Chargers territory that killed them. Kelce was the only one until tonight who seemed to avoid these type of mistakes.

OKAY FINE EVERYONE SUCKS

KC_Connection 11-01-2021 10:32 PM

That Rick Ankiel reference tonight is going to be memorable when he ends up winning MVP again in the next few years.

suzzer99 11-01-2021 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15928097)
That Rick Ankiel reference tonight is going to be memorable when he ends up winning MVP again in the next few years.

You don't think he's gonna pull it out this year? YE OF LITTLE FAITH!

chiefzilla1501 11-01-2021 10:36 PM

Our fans clearly need this kick in the dick. We have completely forgotten how to deal with adversity. If fans are this reactive to a few bad games, they're fair weathered fans. He's more than earned the time and trust to figure this shit out. And he will.

Wallcrawler 11-01-2021 10:36 PM

All I know is that Patrick Mahomes is the best quarterback I've ever seen. I've witnessed three of the best years of Chiefs football ever, and I saw this kid deliver a title. Something some of my friends and family died never getting to see.

The kid looked unstoppable the past 3 years. A tiny bit of adversity and everyone is shitting on this guy left and right when a good amount of this isn't even on him.

It's not anything he can't work through and figure out. He has the attitude, and ability to get out of the slump.

If anyone has earned benefit of the doubt, it's Patrick ****ing Mahomes.

FloridaMan88 11-01-2021 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 15928080)
Fun fact - Mahomes has 10 INTs so far this season. One less than he had the last two regular seasons combined.

Half of those were on tipped passes.

Easy 6 11-01-2021 10:38 PM

He's off this year, no question about it... the good news is, his off years are still elite

As Bill Clinton once famously said... there is nothing wrong with Patrick Mahomes, that can't be fixed by whats right with Patrick Mahomes

He will work it out, meanwhile...

Andy needs to embrace the run, the current talent on hand demands it

And we need a serious #2 receiver in the worst way, targeting Reek 87 times a game is a cry for help... it can't last

KC_Connection 11-01-2021 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 15928107)
You don't think he's gonna pull it out this year? YE OF LITTLE FAITH!

I figure his teammates will stop dropping passes and fumbling the ball by some time next season. I’m optimistic.

jd1020 11-01-2021 10:39 PM

Whatever he is he needs to figure it out. He's playing like absolute shit right now. Running from clean pockets into sacks. Lucky to throw a pass on target. He's had bad games before and then turns it on for the 4th quarter to win games but this is a ****ing weekly thing of stringing together shit.

chiefzilla1501 11-01-2021 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 15928093)
The turnover thing is totally unsustainable and yet somehow they've managed to sustain it for 8 weeks. It's an anti-miracle.

The coin has to come up in our favor eventually. When it does, Patrick will look a lot closer to normal.

It's really remarkable how many bad little things the team has experienced this year. It's one of those things where all the bad juju hits you at once. It either makes for an incredible turnaround story. Or we just need to get through the year in one piece then start fresh next year.

This team will likely be just fine once we get this out of their system. And I think the adversity will ground them again and motivate them.

KC_Connection 11-01-2021 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 15928123)
Whatever he is he needs to figure it out. He's playing like absolute shit right now. Running from clean pockets into sacks. Lucky to throw a pass on target. He's had bad games before and then turns it on for the 4th quarter to win games but this is a ****ing weekly thing of stringing together shit.

The Chiefs won the game today in the end because of a late game drive by Mahomes. Probably important to note that many other QBs (see Daniel Jones) shit their pants in those situations and that that kind of play shouldn’t be taken for granted.

lcarus 11-01-2021 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 15928118)
And we need a serious #2 receiver in the worst way, targeting Reek 87 times a game is a cry for help... it can't last

It doesn't appear the Josh Gordon signing is gonna help us too much. Unfortunate.

PAChiefsGuy 11-01-2021 10:44 PM

Quote:

Agree he is playing like shit. I don't see how anyone can deny that.

carcosa 11-01-2021 10:45 PM

Quote:

Again, he was statistically just as good as ever the first 6 games. Last week was the biggest outlier of his career. This week he did enough to pull out the win. He's not playing like "absolute shit," not even close. I advise you to watch virtually any Chiefs game from 2006 through 2012 to remind yourself what "absolute shit" QB play actually looks like.

jd1020 11-01-2021 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15928136)
The Chiefs won the game today in the end because of a late game drive by Mahomes. Probably important to note that many other QBs (see Daniel Jones) shit their pants in those situations and that that kind of play shouldn’t be taken for granted.

"Because of Mahomes" is a bit generous when talking about that drive. We ran the ball and he shovel passed to Hardman behind the LoS for the big gain.

carcosa 11-01-2021 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 15928143)
Agree he is playing like shit. I don't see how anyone can deny that.

I have already denied it and proved it wrong, dummy

He's off, but his "off" is still good for the 4th best ****ing QBR in the league!!!! Jesus ****ing christ, words mean things, that's not "shit" any way you ****ing slice it!!!!!!!

Mecca 11-01-2021 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 15928139)
It doesn't appear the Josh Gordon signing is gonna help us too much. Unfortunate.

I dunno if that's Gordon or the Chiefs. It basically took Dan Sorensen being able gangbanged in national tv to get Thornhill snaps.

jd1020 11-01-2021 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 15928146)
Again, he was statistically just as good as ever the first 6 games. Last week was the biggest outlier of his career. This week he did enough to pull out the win. He's not playing like "absolute shit," not even close. I advise you to watch virtually any Chiefs game from 2006 through 2012 to remind yourself what "absolute shit" QB play actually looks like.

He is absolutely playing like shit. There is no 2 ways about it. The offense is in a ****ing rut and Mahomes is a big part of that right now.

KC_Connection 11-01-2021 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 15928148)
"Because of Mahomes" is a bit generous when talking about that drive. We ran the ball and he shovel passed the Hardman behind the LoS for the big gain.

I’m sure every QB in the league is getting out of a 2nd and 20 situation there, yeah.

carcosa 11-01-2021 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 15928154)
He is absolutely playing like shit. There is no 2 ways about it. The offense is in a ****ing rut and Mahomes is a big part of that right now.

No

PAChiefsGuy 11-01-2021 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 15928149)
I have already denied it and proved it wrong, dummy

He's off, but his "off" is still good for the 4th best ****ing QBR in the league!!!! Jesus ****ing christ, words mean things, that's not "shit" any way you ****ing slice it!!!!!!!

Lol. Whatever you say.

If you want to continue to be in denial then go ahead. Even the announcers were talking about how bad he was today.

FloridaMan88 11-01-2021 10:48 PM

Veach needs to try to do an 11th hour trade for Brandin Cooks.

Tonight showed vividly that Hardman, Pringle or DRob can’t exploit single coverage.

And Josh Gordon looks every bit like a journeyman player who has barely played in several years.

Mecca 11-01-2021 10:48 PM

Here's some hard truth...Mahomes has always graded as having a decent number of turnover worthy plays.

When a defense makes him use more plays every drive and also frustrates him at the same time it increases the odds of a turnover.

chiefzilla1501 11-01-2021 10:50 PM

Get all the bad juju out of the system.

I don't know that his toe is right.

Defenses adjusted to him drifting. Give him credit, he stepped into the pocket today. Even if he made some poor decisions sliding in the pocket. This will come with time.

Coaching needs to put him in a better situation to succeed. And I don't think Andy is in totally the right head space and we're paying the price for teams snubbing bieniemy. Love the guy, but they badly need fresh blood.

Mahomes hasn't had many obstacles. It just seems it's all piling up at once. In the end, he will overcome this and will look back at this season as crucial to him becoming even better. We just need to get the bad juju out of our system.

Mecca 11-01-2021 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 15928163)

Tonight showed vividly that Hardman, Pringle or DRob can’t exploit single coverage.

And Josh Gordon looks every bit like a journeyman player who has barely played in several years.

The non threat at WR other than Hill and nothing in the backfield us very glaring.

DRM08 11-01-2021 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 15928146)

He has had 4 straight pretty terrible games by his standards. Below are his QBR grades, where 50/100 is considered an average QB and 70-80/100 is a MVP type of QB. He was grading out like a MVP type of QB the first 4 games and has cratered since that time...

Week 1 (CLE) - 87/100
Week 2 (BAL) - 76/100
Week 3 (LAC) - 63/100
Week 4 (PHI) - 92/100
Week 5 (BUF) - 43/100
Week 6 (WAS) - 50/100
Week 7 (TEN) - 07/100
Week 8 (NYG) - 19/100

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/game...atrick-mahomes

carcosa 11-01-2021 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 15928160)
Lol. Whatever you say.

If you want to continue to be in denial then go ahead. Even the announcers were talking about how bad he was today.

Oh wow even the announcers!!!! wow!!!!!!!!

This isn't denial, you dumbass. He is objectively NOT playing like "absolute shit." Again, go watch pretty much any ****ing Matt Cassel game. THAT's "absolute shit." THIS is an elite QB dealing with a mild slump exacerbated by insanely bad turnover luck and 12-penalty games.

Some of you ****ing bitches do not deserve Patrick Mahomes in the slightest.

jd1020 11-01-2021 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 15928177)

This isn't denial, you dumbass. He is objectively NOT playing like "absolute shit." Again, go watch pretty much any ****ing Matt Cassel game. THAT's "absolute shit." THIS is an elite QB dealing with a mild slump exacerbated by insanely bad turnover luck and 12-penalty games.

You must think you are protecting Mahomes from the big bad truth or some shit. Really weird.

chiefzilla1501 11-01-2021 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 15928163)

I dunno. I kind of think we just need to get through this season. And then pivot into keeping our picks and building for the future. By no means give up, but I don't know that we need desperation moves right now.

cdcox 11-01-2021 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kman34 (Post 15928004)

You think PM isn't motivated??? Really.

Mecca 11-01-2021 10:54 PM

The national narrative is spinning, I was watching primetime last week and a line was "as a defense you know Mahomes will give you the ball"

Mecca 11-01-2021 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 15928177)

No one's above bring criticized...that doesn't make someone not a fan either.

carcosa 11-01-2021 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 15928175)
He has had 4 straight pretty terrible games by his standards. Below are his QBR grades, where 50/100 is considered an average QB and 70-80/100 is a MVP type of QB. He was grading out like a MVP type of QB the first 4 games and has cratered since that time...

Week 1 (CLE) - 87/100
Week 2 (BAL) - 76/100
Week 3 (LAC) - 63/100
Week 4 (PHI) - 92/100
Week 5 (BUF) - 43/100
Week 6 (WAS) - 50/100
Week 7 (TEN) - 07/100
Week 8 (NYG) - 19/100

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/game...atrick-mahomes

"Average" is not "absolute shit"

Last week was horrible, but again, it was an extreme outlier.

If Kelce doesn't fumble that ball and someone gets ****in open in the red zone when Hill and Kelce are both double teamed, and of course if yet another tipped INT doesn't happen, I'm guessing tonight's number looks a lot better. And anyway he got the win, which is what good QBs do even when they have a bad game.

All I want is for people to get a ****ing grip and stop exaggerating when talking about his struggles. It's embarrassing.

KC_Connection 11-01-2021 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15928182)
The national narrative is spinning, I was watching primetime last week and a line was "as a defense you know Mahomes will give you the ball"

It’s not unlike when LeBron has struggled in his career. The vultures will jump on it every time.

jd1020 11-01-2021 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 15928187)

How extreme is it when he was just barely better this week?

He's playing like shit, just ****ing admit it. You aren't protecting him.

srvy 11-01-2021 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 15928082)

I really have reservations about Brown at LT. I'd move him to guard or rt in the offseason if he refuses to drop him altogether. Look at Niag in the offseason and draft one somewhere. Maybe trade for the LT in Philly.

Bump 11-01-2021 10:59 PM

Mahomes gave us the most exciting times and best times ever, no matter what happens he will always have that and it's hard to get too down about it after the past 3 seasons.

carcosa 11-01-2021 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15928185)
No one's above bring criticized...that doesn't make someone not a fan either.

Did you read my original post? I'm not saying he's above being criticized. I'm saying that calling him "broken" or anything similar is ****ing bullshit, that he's not playing like "absolute shit" by any objective standard, and that anyone who's eager to throw those kinds of words around about Patrick Mahomes after the three years he just had are annoying little bitches who don't deserve him.

Mecca 11-01-2021 11:00 PM

If you think it's not serious..

3 of the last 4 games the Chiefs are averaging 5 yards per play or less...the Lions and Jets average 5 YPP.

Tonight Mahomes completed 15 passes behind the LOS the most since 2016 in the NFL. He averaged 2.1 YPP.

The offense has a problem.

carcosa 11-01-2021 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 15928193)
How extreme is it when he was just barely better this week?

He's playing like shit, just ****ing admit it. You aren't protecting him.

No. He has had two (2) bad games. And he still won one of them. We know he can still be elite because he's had four elite games THIS SEASON, and people like you are acting like he's the main problem on this team. It's ****ing bullshit.

I hope you don't get too sad when he has a great game next week. You really seem to enjoy the idea of him failing.

DRM08 11-01-2021 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15928164)
Here's some hard truth...Mahomes has always graded as having a decent number of turnover worthy plays.

When a defense makes him use more plays every drive and also frustrates him at the same time it increases the odds of a turnover.

But the interesting thing is there are some very big names apparently ahead of him on the turnover worthy plays list, but they are getting much luckier on their plays than him right now. I was surprised by some of the names in the Tweet the other day. Here was the Tweet:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Patrick Mahomes&#39; percentage of throws graded as turnover-worthy is 23rd highest among QBs with at least 100 pass attempts this season. <br><br>That&#39;s *lower* than Joe Burrow, Josh Allen, Aaron Rodgers, Dak Prescott, Lamar Jackson, Matthew Stafford, Justin Herbert and Derek Carr</p>&mdash; Kevin Cole (@KevinColePFF) <a href="https://twitter.com/KevinColePFF/status/1453365310677991430?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 27, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

jd1020 11-01-2021 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15928203)
If you think it's not serious..

3 of the last 4 games the Chiefs are averaging 5 yards per play or less...the Lions and Jets average 5 YPP.

Tonight Mahomes completed 15 passes behind the LOS the most since 2016 in the NFL. He averaged 2.1 YPP.

The offense has a problem.

You dont ****ing deserve Patrick Mahomes!

PAChiefsGuy 11-01-2021 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 15928200)
Did you read my original post? I'm not saying he's above being criticized. I'm saying that calling him "broken" or anything similar is ****ing bullshit, that he's not playing like "absolute shit" by any objective standard, and that anyone who's eager to throw those kinds of words around about Patrick Mahomes after the three years he just had are annoying little bitches who don't deserve him.

I like Mahomes as much as anyone on this board. That doesn't mean I won't criticize him if he is playing bad which he has been recently. I think he would admit it himself.

Brady plays like shit some games too, every QB does, they are human. Hopefully Mahomes can break out of it but it is concerning it's been several games in a row now.

Mecca 11-01-2021 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 15928207)
But the interesting thing is there are some very big names apparently ahead of him on the turnover worthy plays list, but they are getting much luckier on their plays than him right now. I was surprised by some of the names in the Tweet the other day. Here was the Tweet:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Patrick Mahomes&#39; percentage of throws graded as turnover-worthy is 23rd highest among QBs with at least 100 pass attempts this season. <br><br>That&#39;s *lower* than Joe Burrow, Josh Allen, Aaron Rodgers, Dak Prescott, Lamar Jackson, Matthew Stafford, Justin Herbert and Derek Carr</p>&mdash; Kevin Cole (@KevinColePFF) <a href="https://twitter.com/KevinColePFF/status/1453365310677991430?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 27, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He went from being lucky to unlucky basically overnight but I do think the extra plays, and defenses literally making him check off constantly is causing frustration.

srvy 11-01-2021 11:03 PM

The officials haven't done Pat any favors either. He has been brutalized with very few flags after the ball is out. That takes its toll over time. It's a passing league but dumb ass refs still treat scrambling QBs differently than old pocket passers.

Mecca 11-01-2021 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 15928212)
The officials haven't done Pat any favors either. He has been brutalized with very few flags after the ball is out. That takes its toll over time. It's a passing league but dumb ass refs still treat scrambling QBs differently than old pocket passers.

The league also has no reason to protect the Chiefs..they'd rather us step aside now.

jd1020 11-01-2021 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 15928206)
No. He has had two (2) bad games. And he still one won of them. We know he can still be elite because he's had four elite games THIS SEASON, and people like you are acting like he's the main problem on this team. It's ****ing bullshit.

I hope you don't get too sad when he has a great game next week. You really seem to enjoy the idea of him failing.

He is the QB and he's playing like shit. Whether or not you want to admit it he's part of the problem right now. He's turning the ball over like 2 times a week right now. His passes are ankle high. His deep balls are underthrown or out of bounds. He's running into sacks. Fumbling the ball just like everyone else.

I'm not enjoying him failing. He just is.

BigRedChief 11-01-2021 11:05 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Really thoughtful that the Chiefs have a special section within the VIP section roped off for Mahomes’ brother’s TikToks <a href="https://t.co/dVs0GXlV7Y">pic.twitter.com/dVs0GXlV7Y</a></p>&mdash; Dan Duggan (@DDuggan21) <a href="https://twitter.com/DDuggan21/status/1455296949796618241?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 1, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DRM08 11-01-2021 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 15928187)
"Average" is not "absolute shit"

If Kelce doesn't fumble that ball and someone gets ****in open in the red zone when Hill and Kelce are both double teamed, and of course if yet another tipped INT doesn't happen, I'm guessing tonight's number looks a lot better. And anyway he got the win, which is what good QBs do even when they have a bad game.

All I want is for people to get a ****ing grip and stop exaggerating when talking about his struggles. It's embarrassing.

50/100 QBR grade is absolute shit when the guy in question is able to drop a 80/100 or better type of game at will. He's done it for 3 years. He has never had this many games in a row of 50/100 and certainly not games in the 10-20 area for his QBR grade. He has lost his confidence. We will see if he can get it back.

petegz28 11-01-2021 11:06 PM

Mahomes has to learn how to play in the pocket. Period. He is uncomfortable being a pocket QB. He wants to run around and play backyard football and teams are taking that away.

He has to learn to stay in the pocket, make quicker reads and don't try to force the ball downfield as a first choice on every play.

Megatron96 11-01-2021 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 15928048)

Jesus. ****ing. christ. He didn't even see Kelce breaking wide the **** open RIGHT THERE 10 YARDS IN FRONT OF HIM IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD.

If Pat had just stepped to his left then stepped up and flicked his wrist he had Kelce for a TD.

Something is wrong.

lcarus 11-01-2021 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 15928206)
No. He has had two (2) bad games. And he still one won of them. We know he can still be elite because he's had four elite games THIS SEASON, and people like you are acting like he's the main problem on this team. It's ****ing bullshit.

"You chose the way of the hero. And they found you amusing for a while, the people of this city. But the ONE thing they love more than a hero is to see a hero fail. Fall. Die trying. In spite of everything you've done for them, eventually they will hate you. Why bother?"

carcosa 11-01-2021 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 15928210)
I like Mahomes as much as anyone on this board. That doesn't mean I won't criticize him if he is playing bad which he has been recently. I think he would admit it himself.

Brady plays like shit some games too, every QB does, they are human. Hopefully Mahomes can break out of it but it is concerning it's been several games in a row now.

Again, my point is that there's a difference between criticism and the sky-is-falling pseudo-psychological bullshit people are throwing around on here. Mahomes has his share of the blame, but the language some of you people are using about him is absolutely absurd.

"Hopefully" the best QB we've ever seen can "break out of" a streak of two (2) bad games. GOSH I SURE "HOPE" HE CAN DO THAT!!!!!!!

splatbass 11-01-2021 11:10 PM

Quote:

Except for the times he let the ball go right through his hands into a defender’s hands. Or dropped a ball that hit him in the hands. He has had his own issues just like the other guys.

Hammock Parties 11-01-2021 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 15928221)
Mahomes has to learn how to play in the pocket. Period. He is uncomfortable being a pocket QB. He wants to run around and play backyard football and teams are taking that away.

You are a dipshit. He was destroying teams in the pocket in his third NFL start. He threw six TDs.

Patrick has the yips and doesn't fully trust his new OL. That is all.

carcosa 11-01-2021 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 15928218)
50/100 QBR grade is absolute shit when the guy in question is able to drop a 80/100 or better type of game at will. He's done it for 3 years. He has never had this many games in a row of 50/100 and certainly not games in the 10-20 area for his QBR grade. He has lost his confidence. We will see if he can get it back.

50 doesn't magically become "absolute shit" just because a guy is capable of 80. It's literally average, which means you can't say he's broken or absolute shit or any of that. You can say it's disappointing considering what he's capable of, but it is not enough to start making ****ing mental diagnoses.

"We will see" if Patrick Mahomes can bounce back from the first back-to-back bad games of his career!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's hard to say for sure but "we will see"! !!! ! ! ! ! !

carcosa 11-01-2021 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 15928223)
Jesus. ****ing. christ. He didn't even see Kelce breaking wide the **** open RIGHT THERE 10 YARDS IN FRONT OF HIM IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD.

If Pat had just stepped to his left then stepped up and flicked his wrist he had Kelce for a TD.

Something is wrong.

Well, first of all, Kelce got open because Mahomes scrambled left. And second of all, if anything is "wrong" it's that he's saw that linebacker and remembered the kajillion batted/tipped INTs this year and just didn't go for it this time. He missed a play. It happens. Don't say "something is wrong" so ****ing ominously, it's obnoxious.

DRM08 11-01-2021 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 15928237)
50 doesn't magically become "absolute shit" just because a guy is capable of 80. It's literally average, which means you can't say he's broken or absolute shit or any of that. You can say it's disappointing considering what he's capable of, but it is not enough to start making ****ing mental diagnoses.

"We will see" if Patrick Mahomes can bounce back from the first back-to-back bad games of his career!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's hard to say for sure but "we will see"! !!! ! ! ! ! !

His average grade since coming into the league was over 77 for 3 straight years. So I don't think we can apply the same logic with him as typical QB's. Four straight games of 50 or lower is terrible by his standards.

KC_Connection 11-01-2021 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 15928245)
Well, first of all, Kelce got open because Mahomes scrambled left. And second of all, if anything is "wrong" it's that he's saw that linebacker and remembered the kajillion batted/tipped INTs this year and just didn't go for it this time. He missed a play. It happens. Don't say "something is wrong" so ****ing ominously, it's obnoxious.

Also running clock and kicking a FG in that spot with a minute left virtually assured we wouldn’t lose the game. He knew that.

DRM08 11-01-2021 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15928254)
Also running clock and kicking a FG in that spot with a minute left virtually assured we wouldn’t lose the game. He knew that.

I was glad he took the sack instead of throwing an incomplete pass or interception. At least he forced the Giants to lose some clock in that situation.

Hammock Parties 11-01-2021 11:17 PM

Patrick mastered the short passing game at the end of 2019.

He will get his shit squared.

carcosa 11-01-2021 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 15928179)
You must think you are protecting Mahomes from the big bad truth or some shit. Really weird.

I think people like you are ****ing annoying, that's what I think.