ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Guys, it's not negotiable. You need to give Mahomes premium weapons in your mocks. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=337253)

Direckshun 02-26-2021 12:58 PM

Guys, it's not negotiable. You need to give Mahomes premium weapons in your mocks.

The Bucs were probably going to win the Super Bowl no matter what, but we are deluding ourselves if we are creating mock offseasons that don't give Mahomes at least 2 more premium weapons.

We routinely get excellent mock offseasons on this forum, and this week has been no exception, but c'mon.

You need to either give Mahomes a top flight #2 and #3 receiving option, or you need to give him a top flight #2 WR and a top flight #2 TE.

Teams are going to throw all their resources at Kelce and Hill in 2021. You can't snag one really good WR and wipe your hands clean of the problem -- you need multiple tertiary options because someone's going to get injured in or around 2021.

I know there's a ton of needs, but protecting Mahomes and giving him more weapons need to be at the top of the list, and if your mock offseason doesn't, it's not passing the smell test here.

Dante84 02-26-2021 01:10 PM

I do think (hope) Clyde steps up this next season, hopefully with screens and in the pass game. So we'll have 3 legit weapons,

But I agree, we need a stud WR #2 (NOT KELCE), and a capable TE #2 as opposed to a JAG.

I'm okay with Hardman as WR 3 for the time being, so long as we have a clear stud in front of him and young talent to push him from behind.

The Franchise 02-26-2021 01:32 PM

We need at least an average X receiver, a good slot receiver and a capable #2 TE.

Direckshun 02-26-2021 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15565364)
We need at least an average X receiver, a good slot receiver and a capable #2 TE.

Nooooo, we need a really, really good X, and really good options at at least two of those other spots.

It's not enough to land capable players and expect Mahomes to bail you out. That's how you end up with a Russell Wilson career of 1 SB win and multiple playoff failures.

htismaqe 02-26-2021 02:56 PM

I think we need a matchup guy on the inside worse than we need an X. Watching Chris Simms converted me. Although either would be just fine.

And about the TE2, we've needed one ever since Andy arrived and we've never had one. I wouldn't get your hopes up.

MahomesMagic 02-26-2021 02:59 PM

Fine. This draft is LOADED at WR's near the top that can play.

Waddle
Chase
Smith will be gone by 15.

So what's next?

Rashod Bateman
Kadarius Toney
Seth Williams

I will also guess that Bateman goes in the 20's before us.

So then you take Toney in the 1st or Seth Williams in a trade back or 2nd round move up.

Toney can play any WR position, inside/outside. This versatility is prized by KC. He can already run routes like an NFL vet so no 2-3 year plan like Hardman.

Seth Williams is a 6'3'', 225 lb Monster. You can't move him he goes where he wants. This would give us an X or traditional possession 1 WR.

Imagine Mahomes having Williams/Kelce just turning around after 7-15 yards over and over with Tyreek Hill still lurking.

Teams would want to give up.

Love Seth Williams!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Gx8RbhWxKeo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

staylor26 02-26-2021 03:18 PM

I like Williams, but he’s not up there with those guys in anybody’s rankings. We might even be a able to get him in the 3rd.

htismaqe 02-26-2021 03:21 PM

I'm back on the Toney train.

He's a guy that could come in a instantly lineup just about anywhere they want him.

MahomesMagic 02-26-2021 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15565526)
I like Williams, but he’s not up there with those guys in anybody’s rankings. We might even be a able to get him in the 3rd.

He isn't in the rankings you see, sure.

Neither was Michael Pittman and ended going early 2nd.

Seth Williams has WR 1 upside. You don't wait till the 3rd for that.

I do want to make sure there are no character, maturity flags but his tape says Draft Me.

In58men 02-26-2021 03:32 PM

I’m on the Tylan Wallace train.

Dude is going to be legit

RunKC 02-26-2021 03:35 PM

If we could get a bigger guy who is a problem 1X1 that changes everything. We need a bigger target to win catch point passes and box DB’s out.

A guy I like a lot who might be there in rd 2 is Amon-Ra St Brown

el borracho 02-26-2021 04:41 PM

Weapons are great, but the priority has to be fixing the Oline this offseason. Given a choice, I would rather watch a couple of nobody receivers fall down and drop passes for an entire season than watch another single game where Mahomes gets his ass kicked like this years Super Bowl.

And for what it is worth, Seth Williams may be available much later in the draft. I'm not saying it completely reflects reality, but draftnetwork rates Williams as the 130th player in this years draft. He is commonly available to us with our 4th round pick. As is Sage Surratt and Josh Imatorbhebhe- all big receivers that could play the "x".

The Chiefs are talented enough to largely- not entirely- but largely discount need and draft BPA. If that is a WR in the 1st- fine. But there is no reason to freak out about weapons when we have Hill, Kelce, Hardman and CEH.

kcbubb 02-26-2021 04:44 PM

Anyone like rondale Moore?

kccrow 02-26-2021 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 15565634)
Weapons are great, but the priority has to be fixing the Oline this offseason. Given a choice, I would rather watch a couple of nobody receivers fall down and drop passes for an entire season than watch another single game where Mahomes gets his ass kicked like this years Super Bowl.

And for what it is worth, Seth Williams may be available much later in the draft. I'm not saying it completely reflects reality, but draftnetwork rates Williams as the 130th player in this years draft. He is commonly available to us with our 4th round pick. As is Sage Surratt and Josh Imatorbhebhe- all big receivers that could play the "x".

The Chiefs are talented enough to largely- not entirely- but largely discount need and draft BPA. If that is a WR in the 1st- fine. But there is no reason to freak out about weapons when we have Hill, Kelce, Hardman and CEH.

SO MUCH THIS.

I just got done arguing the same in my mock thread. The Chiefs do need a couple of additional pieces. A WR to play the X, a #2 TE. Sure. But the goal has to be fixing the O-line, particularly tackle. Schwartz probably comes back in 2021, which will give time for Niang to come back in from his COVID vacation and get ready to be Schwartz' heir at RT. They need to replace Fisher. They need to figure out OC and the future at OG. I don't think they can do all of it in one year, but they better do the most important thing: address the long-term validity at both OT spots.

kccrow 02-26-2021 05:16 PM

New mock:

1. WR Terrace Marshall, LSU
2. TE Brevin Jordan, Miami
3. WR Seth Williams, Auburn
4. RB Kylin Hill, Mississippi State
4. WR Marquez Stevenson, Houston
5. OT Adrian Ealy, Oklahoma
5. ER Jonathan Cooper, Ohio State
6. FB Ben Mason, Michigan

Moar weapons.

el borracho 02-26-2021 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 15565685)
New mock:

1. WR Terrace Marshall, LSU
2. TE Brevin Jordan, Miami
3. WR Seth Williams, Auburn
4. RB Kylin Hill, Mississippi State
4. WR Marquez Stevenson, Houston
5. OT Adrian Ealy, Oklahoma
5. ER Jonathan Cooper, Ohio State
6. FB Ben Mason, Michigan

Moar weapons.

An ER in the 5th?- Too many resources spent on defense, lol. I wonder what Spagnuolo would do. I keep picturing a Buddy Ryan/ Kevin Gilbride moment between Spags and Veach.

kccrow 02-26-2021 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 15565703)
An ER in the 5th?- Too many resources spent on defense, lol. I wonder what Spagnuolo would do. I keep picturing a Buddy Ryan/ Kevin Gilbride moment between Spags and Veach.

lol, I wouldn't want to be in that room. :D

MahomesMagic 02-26-2021 06:17 PM

Quote:

Draft Network and any place is fine to get a general feel for where prospects might go but they have even less info leaking to them than the normal dinosaurs at NFL.com and ESPN.

Last year they rated Michael Pittman way too low and Donovan Peoples-Jones too high. They seem to fall in love with mediocre or worse Michigan guys lately.

I'm not a mock drafter myself. Hard to know where people end up going.

I would say Seth Williams gives a Marques Colston or smaller Brandon Marshall play style. If we could grab him late 2 awesome. I suspect his value will be higher and we might have to move higher in the 2nd to secure him.

If would draft him we make our weapons scary and let's stop listing Hardman as someone keeping other teams up at night.

staylor26 02-26-2021 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 15565547)
He isn't in the rankings you see, sure.

Neither was Michael Pittman and ended going early 2nd.

Seth Williams has WR 1 upside. You don't wait till the 3rd for that.

I do want to make sure there are no character, maturity flags but his tape says Draft Me.

He’s a good prospect, but none of the more reliable guys in the business have him close to that high. Most have him in the top 100, some outside of it.

Pittman going in the 2nd round wasn’t the least bit surprising. I don’t think that’s a good comparison.

el borracho 02-26-2021 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 15565728)
I would say Seth Williams gives a Marques Colston or smaller Brandon Marshall play style. If we could grab him late 2 awesome. I suspect his value will be higher and we might have to move higher in the 2nd to secure him.

If would draft him we make our weapons scary and let's stop listing Hardman as someone keeping other teams up at night.

It's fun as a fan to develop draft crushes, but you should hope like hell that isn't how the Chiefs operate. If Seth Williams isn't available, then you take one of the other "x" receivers in the draft. I listed a few above, but I am sure there are many.

A successful draft would mean you identified a number of players that can help your team and you take them as you can throughout the draft. It would be a very bad strategy to identify one player that you have to have at all costs.

MahomesMagic 02-26-2021 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 15565752)
It's fun as a fan to develop draft crushes, but you should hope like hell that isn't how the Chiefs operate. If Seth Williams isn't available, then you take one of the other "x" receivers in the draft. I listed a few above, but I am sure there are many.

A successful draft would mean you identified a number of players that can help your team and you take them as you can throughout the draft. It would be a very bad strategy to identify one player that you have to have at all costs.

I didn't do that. But thanks for the advice!

ROFL

If you looked at my earlier posts I listed Toney as another possibility. So no, I didn't say take one guy "at all costs".

Urc Burry 02-26-2021 08:15 PM

Terrace Marshall’s great uncle is Joe Delaney. It’s meant to be

comochiefsfan 02-26-2021 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 15565309)
I do think (hope) Clyde steps up this next season, hopefully with screens and in the pass game. So we'll have 3 legit weapons,

But I agree, we need a stud WR #2 (NOT KELCE), and a capable TE #2 as opposed to a JAG.

I'm okay with Hardman as WR 3 for the time being, so long as we have a clear stud in front of him and young talent to push him from behind.

One of the oddest things to me about our offense this past season was how little we got CEH involved in the passing game. With how important he was in that regard at LSU, I figured Andy would utilize him in that role a lot more than he ended up doing.

kccrow 02-26-2021 09:23 PM

I've probably been a bit harsh on Direkshun but I have to say this...

I'll speak to finding starting-caliber players.

The hit rates suggest that taking a WR in the 2nd is as beneficial a play as taking one in the 1st. Either case is about a 50/50 proposition. By far the safest pick in round 1 is OLine but Oline is the safest pick across day 1 and 2. It just so happens to be extremely safe in round 1 and statistically, that's where you'll get a starting LT in the NFL if you want one.

The only positions that hit as badly as WR in round 1 are DL and RB. Coincidentally, CP wants either DL or WR in 1. The chances of success on either are lower than any others.

I'm not saying it's wrong, I'm just saying the odds aren't necessarily as favorable. I've always been one to shoot for the moon on talent but I've been burned badly in thinking many a 1st round receiver would be good in the NFL only to see them suck ass.

I've come to not support a 1st round receiver. If you want to hack away in the 2nd, go for it.

I support TE in the 3rd. That's the sweet spot. Any earlier and you're usually robbing yourself of more impactful positions. The only time I'd advocate a TE earlier is if you don't have a good one and there's a hell of a talent sitting there, but even then it can be fools gold. There is also a high hit rate in the 5th.

For those of you that want a LB, you absolutely shouldn't bother after the 4th round and the earlier the better.

After TE, the best position to take late swings on is DB or OL. Veach has repeatedly done so, and it has support statistically.

As for the adding weapons approach, I think the best-case scenario is to get an X and #2 TE. I think, with the state of the cap and the other holes on this team, you take shots on unrealized talent in FA and pick up a guy like John Ross. You have to face that you can't just go about an entire offseason banking on adding a bunch of weapons. If you add a WR in FA, then you're not adding at another position that you need to address in the draft. It makes it hard to allocate multiple resources to the same position. I don't know how you can think that the Chiefs should get a FA WR, and then also spend a high pick on it to go with a mid-round or something combination similar. You simply cannot allocate resources like that.

There are too many holes, not just this year but next. You have to address the offensive line. It's a must. The holes are nowhere near as bad now as they'll be next year. You have to try to knock off a couple of those now and a couple next season. Rolling with career backups as starters only work so much for so long.

MahomesMagic 02-26-2021 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 15565875)
I've probably been a bit harsh on Direkshun but I have to say this...

I'll speak to finding starting-caliber players.

The hit rates suggest that taking a WR in the 2nd is as beneficial a play as taking one in the 1st. Either case is about a 50/50 proposition. By far the safest pick in round 1 is OLine but Oline is the safest pick across day 1 and 2. It just so happens to be extremely safe in round 1 and statistically, that's where you'll get a starting LT in the NFL if you want one.

The only positions that hit as badly as WR in round 1 are DL and RB. Coincidentally, CP wants either DL or WR in 1. The chances of success on either are lower than any others.

I'm not saying it's wrong, I'm just saying the odds aren't necessarily as favorable. I've always been one to shoot for the moon on talent but I've been burned badly in thinking many a 1st round receiver would be good in the NFL only to see them suck ass.

I've come to not support a 1st round receiver. If you want to hack away in the 2nd, go for it.

I support TE in the 3rd. That's the sweet spot. Any earlier and you're usually robbing yourself of more impactful positions. The only time I'd advocate a TE earlier is if you don't have a good one and there's a hell of a talent sitting there, but even then it can be fools gold. There is also a high hit rate in the 5th.

For those of you that want a LB, you absolutely shouldn't bother after the 4th round and the earlier the better.

After TE, the best position to take late swings on is DB or OL. Veach has repeatedly done so, and it has support statistically.

As for the adding weapons approach, I think the best-case scenario is to get an X and #2 TE. I think, with the state of the cap and the other holes on this team, you take shots on unrealized talent in FA and pick up a guy like John Ross. You have to face that you can't just go about an entire offseason banking on adding a bunch of weapons. If you add a WR in FA, then you're not adding at another position that you need to address in the draft. It makes it hard to allocate multiple resources to the same position. I don't know how you can think that the Chiefs should get a FA WR, and then also spend a high pick on it to go with a mid-round or something combination similar. You simply cannot allocate resources like that.

There are too many holes, not just this year but next. You have to address the offensive line. It's a must. The holes are nowhere near as bad now as they'll be next year. You have to try to knock off a couple of those now and a couple next season. Rolling with career backups as starters only work so much for so long.

I like the precision you've put into value here but ultimately you have to let the draft come to you.

This draft has a lot of OL prospects but the fact is we might just see a bunch go before our pick.

If it is tackle and WR both valued the same I am with you on tackle.

It might not fall that way and we need to just draft really good players at

OL generally
WR
DE
LB

Let me ask you this. If tackle is that important would you consider a trade up for one?

How far up the board round 1?

Stryker 02-26-2021 10:39 PM

First, who gets cut - prior to the draft or June 1 cuts
Second, who is available in FA after said cuts across the league?
Third, how much $$$$ do we have after said cuts?
Fourth, who do the Chiefs draft if the first 3 scenarios play out?

This to me, IMO, are factors that will make or break Veach's legacy - face it Chiefs Kingdom. this is his pivotal moment. Just my .02

To be honest, after what I witnessed in the SB LV game, we need a lot to take place before we can get back to the SB. I am proud of our Chiefs to go back to the SB but, that was an incredible embarrassment.

kccrow 02-27-2021 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 15565919)
I like the precision you've put into value here but ultimately you have to let the draft come to you.

This draft has a lot of OL prospects but the fact is we might just see a bunch go before our pick.

If it is tackle and WR both valued the same I am with you on tackle.

It might not fall that way and we need to just draft really good players at

OL generally
WR
DE
LB

Let me ask you this. If tackle is that important would you consider a trade up for one?

How far up the board round 1?

I agree, the board may not fall how you want it and you're not going to just take a tackle to take one. I have my opinion on who I would and would not but it may vary from everyone else's. I couldn't prioritize a WR over any of the guys I would take in round 1 there but I can see if some do.

Honestly, I consider LT the most important position after QB for an offense. You go off Reid, he wants two great tackles. I'm with him. You can scheme/help on the inside. You can roll a QB out. You can't do anything when your QB is getting shit on from the edge.

So the one thing the Chiefs will know by April that I won't is the progress of Fisher, which could play into it. I have my doubts about his future and us seeing him be the player he was. Could he come back okay? Absolutely. And if he does, you're extending him to yet another big contract. I just don't prefer to see the Chiefs ignore the pillars of the team based on hope.

I'm in a very small minority that would move to 14 with a 1st and 4th/3rd to get Darrisaw if he's there. Two late 1sts for another decade of good tackle play is worth every penny of draft capital to me.

There are those that prefer to wait and see how things go, and I fully understand it. I'm not going to pound the table hard for a trade up but its something I think the Chiefs would be wise to do. I think they have their RT of the future in Niang. Lock up a LT and you could be sitting pretty damn good at the position for the bulk of Mahomes' career.

I think some good pass rushers will fall into the 2nd round and even 3rd round this year. Take one and improve another important aspect of the defense. I'm not as worried about WR under Ried, honestly. He'll get some guys he likes. He's always found ways to make guys productive, he doesn't need a stable of all pros. Hell, go WR in the 2nd if you want, I don't care. Late 1st round receivers don't have a good track record. I'd rather see a trade down if they wait and there isn't a tackle there.

htismaqe 02-27-2021 03:04 AM

Quote:

The literally had one starter playing in the Super Bowl. ONE.

A lot of this is overreaction.

If Fisher and Schwartz come back, the offensive line suddenly goes from being a glaring weakness to a minor need.

htismaqe 02-27-2021 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 15565650)
SO MUCH THIS.

I just got done arguing the same in my mock thread. The Chiefs do need a couple of additional pieces. A WR to play the X, a #2 TE. Sure. But the goal has to be fixing the O-line, particularly tackle. Schwartz probably comes back in 2021, which will give time for Niang to come back in from his COVID vacation and get ready to be Schwartz' heir at RT. They need to replace Fisher. They need to figure out OC and the future at OG. I don't think they can do all of it in one year, but they better do the most important thing: address the long-term validity at both OT spots.

What are you going to do if the long-term answer at the OT spots are Fisher and Niang?

kcbubb 02-27-2021 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15565996)
What are you going to do if the long-term answer at the OT spots are Fisher and Niang?

This is valid and Reid will know how to estimate the risk of the oline at the draft. If we draft a tackle, then that probably means it was bpa or that he considers the health of those tackles a high risk. If we draft someone else, he’s probably thinking we are ok at tackle. Keep in mind that getting a wr that can get open quickly will help the oline. Mahomes often holds the ball too long. We need a shifty wr. I’m not sure who that is but I’m tired of seeing mahomes throw passes hot and hardman not even looking.

el borracho 02-27-2021 10:40 AM

Fisher just turned 30. He may miss significant time this year and he may or may not be the same player in the future. If I am reading things correctly, he counts 15 million against the cap this year.

In essence, he is an expensive, aging player that may or may not come back to form. You would be taking an expensive leap of faith to keep him and/ or extend him. I won't lose my mind if that happens, but I would prefer the Chiefs find a more permanent, less expensive solution.

kcbubb 02-27-2021 10:49 AM

Adding a wr that can get open, make people miss and break tackles will also help in zone coverage. A short quick pass that can be turned into a long gain will help protect the oline and keep mahomes upright. Who do we have that can do that now besides hill and kelce?

MahomesMagic 02-27-2021 10:51 AM

This guy runs routes like Justin Jefferson, Terry Mclaurin.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ll8papLsbvo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

el borracho 02-27-2021 10:56 AM

By the way, I don't see the situation as an "either-or" situation. I hope the Chiefs address both OL and WR in the draft.

MahomesMagic 02-27-2021 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 15566144)
By the way, I don't see the situation as an "either-or" situation. I hope the Chiefs address both OL and WR in the draft.

I want an OL and a weapon in the 1st 3 picks.

kcbubb 02-27-2021 11:17 AM

Rondale Moore > toney for what we need in breaking tackles after short passes against zone coverage.

In58men 02-27-2021 12:32 PM

Per Source: Bateman ran a 4.37 hand time and a 4.39 laser at the Exos combine.

*Rashod Bateman is not slow

MahomesMagic 02-27-2021 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 15566199)
Per Source: Bateman ran a 4.37 hand time and a 4.39 laser at the Exos combine.

*Rashod Bateman is not slow

:D

htismaqe 02-27-2021 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 15566144)

Exactly.

htismaqe 02-27-2021 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 15566133)
Fisher just turned 30. He may miss significant time this year and he may or may not be the same player in the future. If I am reading things correctly, he counts 15 million against the cap this year.

In essence, he is an expensive, aging player that may or may not come back to form. You would be taking an expensive leap of faith to keep him and/ or extend him. I won't lose my mind if that happens, but I would prefer the Chiefs find a more permanent, less expensive solution.

Right now, we don't even know the extent of his injury. It's a bit premature to say he might miss significant time or may not be the same.

I honestly am going to trust whatever they do. If they take a tackle, great. If they don't, great.

They've earned the benefit of the doubt.

Bowser 02-27-2021 02:44 PM

<----- Solidly on board the "sign Kenny Golladay and draft Hunter Long so we can draft line help" train.

The Franchise 02-27-2021 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 15566313)
<----- Solidly on board the "sign Kenny Golladay and draft Hunter Long so we can draft line help" train.

Golladay is going to get franchised and then you’ll have to trade for him.

kccrow 02-27-2021 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15565996)

Depends on how the board actually falls and we still have FA.

Theoretically, my first look would be to see what's there at ER and DB.

There's a list in my head of guys I think are good picks in 1.

WR: Will Bateman or Toney be there at 31? I doubt it. Would I take any of the other WRs in round 1? Probably not. We obviously assume Chase, Smith, and Waddle are off the board early.

LB: There are 3 LBs that are round 1 players in my mind, Parsons, Koramoah, and Collins. I don't see how any of the 3 are there. I'd take one of them if they were.

ER: I've been most vocal about an edge, much more so than OL. I like Rousseau, Paye, Ojulari, Perkins, and Tryon in round 1. Some like Oweh, Phillips, and Jones that high, I don't. I think if there was one to take a chance on at 31 of those 3, it's probably Oweh. I think those are guys to target in a trade down.

DT: The only one I'd personally want the Chiefs to go after in 1 would be Barmore if he fell. It's not that I don't like some others, but I wouldn't do it in 1.

DB: This is probably the position I'd look hardest at without an ER or OL there that makes sense. Greg Newsome II and Asante Samuel Jr. would be the 2 that would be most appealing to me at CB and Moehrig at SS. Moehrig is a guy I think maybe I've had slotted too low. He's easily the best safety in this draft and they tend to at least go in the 15-20 range, so he may not be around when we pick. No other safety makes sense that early. CB is the other position that's a bit light this year. Behind Farley, Horn, and Surtain, things are going to get interesting as all 3 of those guys probably go in the top 20 picks. If Newsome is there, I'd have some pause.

OL: Coming back around to OLine, I'd have to give serious consideration to two guards - Alijah Vera-Tucker and Wyatt Davis. Wyatt Davis is incredibly good at RG and a 1st-Team All-American for a reason. There really isn't a hole in his game. His grandfather is a Hall of Famer, if you want bloodlines. Vera-Tucker can obviously swing out to tackle in a pinch and better served on the left side. So pick your favorite.

I bet there's the question "if you are willing to trade so far up for a LT, are you willing to do it for another player?"

Sure. I think if we're talking about Paye or Rousseau falling to the teens its something to look at hard. I wouldn't do it for another position. LT or DE. That's it.

I'm not a huge fan of trading down, but would I do it? I think this is the year to do it if there's not a lot of value sitting there at 31. I think, if you trade down 10-15 spots, you're hitting a sweet spot for some of the other WRs like Marshall, St. Brown, Wallace, Moore, and so forth. I think you're also putting yourself in a great position for a Center like Myers, Humphrey, or Dickerson. I think a couple of the Edge guys I mentioned are there. So too could be a couple good DTs like Nixon, Owuzurike and Tufele

Bowser 02-27-2021 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15566375)
Golladay is going to get franchised and then you’ll have to trade for him.

Marvin Jones Jr., then. Detroit can't franchise both of them.

Coogs 02-28-2021 09:00 AM

https://youtu.be/fKQJZPVUkWk

Jonathan Adams. 6-3, 220 form Arkansas State. Watched him destroy KSU early last year. It wasn't a one game fluke either. Could be a mid to late round steal that would allow other positions to be addressed early, and still get a legit weapon for Mahomes.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fKQJZPVUkWk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MahomesMagic 02-28-2021 10:08 AM

The more that I look at these WRs the less excited I am finding a gem after the 1st or 2nd round. Lots of quality early then a lot of ?s.

Don't see a McLaurin, Godwin, Golladay dropping down.

Still looking for a Mooney or Diontae Johnson.

Could just be the nature of this draft class overall.

Bowser 02-28-2021 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 15566796)
https://youtu.be/fKQJZPVUkWk

Jonathan Adams. 6-3, 220 form Arkansas State. Watched him destroy KSU early last year. It wasn't a one game fluke either. Could be a mid to late round steal that would allow other positions to be addressed early, and still get a legit weapon for Mahomes.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fKQJZPVUkWk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Well, he'd be the other red zone threat across from Kelce for sure. Great hands and fights for the contested passes. I would like to see more of him in the open field to see what he can do there.

kcbubb 02-28-2021 05:28 PM

Thoughts on amari Rodgers in the 4th?

https://youtu.be/t26kPr-6fwk

kccrow 02-28-2021 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 15566832)
The more that I look at these WRs the less excited I am finding a gem after the 1st or 2nd round. Lots of quality early then a lot of ?s.

Don't see a McLaurin, Godwin, Golladay dropping down.

Still looking for a Mooney or Diontae Johnson.

Could just be the nature of this draft class overall.

I think there's going to be some really good value picks in the 3rd and 4th that will fit this offense.

Three guys I'm really high on are:
Dyami Brown, North Carolina (Might consider him in the 2nd)
Ihmir Smith-Marsette, Iowa (Underrated!)
Anthony Schwartz, Auburn

Then there are a ton of smaller guys that fit best in slot roles but they are all pretty good players. I think a few of these guys are going to be really productive in their roles:
Amari Rodgers, Clemson
Marquez Stevenson, Houston
Shi Smith, South Carolina
Dwayne Eskridge, Western Michigan
Dazz Newsome, South Carolina
Whop Philyor, Indiana

kccrow 02-28-2021 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcbubb (Post 15567200)
Thoughts on amari Rodgers in the 4th?

https://youtu.be/t26kPr-6fwk

I think he goes in the 2nd or 3rd, but yes he's really good. Good thickness, speed, great hands, good body control. He has alot of what you want, except height.

MahomesMagic 02-28-2021 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 15567218)
I think there's going to be some really good value picks in the 3rd and 4th that will fit this offense.

Anthony Schwartz, Auburn

Then there are a ton of smaller guys that fit best in slot roles but they are all pretty good players. I think a few of these guys are going to be really productive in their roles:
Amari Rodgers, Clemson
Dazz Newsome, South Carolina
Whop Philyor, Indiana

Depends what excites you. I love value at WR and I don't see it rounds 3-4.

KC needs a difference maker to replace Sammy. If you want a cheap replacement for DRob, sure, that's doable.

Right now I like Darden late. Could see us using Tamarion Terry as a cheap DRob replacement.

No interest in getting another guy too high who will not push Mecole.

kccrow 02-28-2021 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 15567237)
Depends what excites you. I love value at WR and I don't see it rounds 3-4.

KC needs a difference maker to replace Sammy. If you want a cheap replacement for DRob, sure, that's doable.

Right now I like Darden late. Could see us using Tamarion Terry as a cheap DRob replacement.

No interest in getting another guy too high who will not push Mecole.

What excites me are receivers in the 6-0 to 6-2 and 190-215 lb range that have quickness first and speed second. I've been on guys like McLaurin, Diggs, and Gabriel Davis in the past.

Dyami Brown and Tylan Wallace are the two guys I think I like the most in terms of value after day 1. I don't know if we can get Wallace without a trade-up, but I'd take Brown.

Guys like McLauren and Diggs and so on (past round 2) are kind of needles in the proverbial haystack. You're lucky if you get 1 or 2 a year that really exceeds their draft stock.

Now, being able to get that guy hasn't been something the Chiefs have been too great at sans Tyreek.

My guy this year from a sleeper perspective is definitely Frank Darby out of Arizona State. He doesn't get much love but he has speed, he has quickness, he has good size, and he uses his hands to beat press.

Smith-Marsette doesn't fit my normal profile from a weight perspective but he's got some height and he's got speed and quickness. I like him alot and think he's one of the most underrated prospects in the draft. He's more a Robby Anderson type in terms of build. Not quite as tall.

MahomesMagic 03-01-2021 05:36 AM

So Jhamon Ausbon. Took a look.

Yes, good player. I like him later as a possession WR. Won't scare anyone deep but solid.

CatfishBob2 03-01-2021 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 15567218)

Anthony Schwartz, Auburn

Amari Rodgers, Clemson
Dazz Newsome, North Carolina
Whop Philyor, Indiana

Newsome is definitely a sleeper......super slippery after the catch. He's gonna be returning kicks for someone

Dante84 03-01-2021 11:20 AM

Jhamon Ausbon reminds me of Demarcus Robinson a little bit.

Dazz Newsome blew my socks off, what's his story? Dude sort of looked like AB or Desean Jackson in this video. Seems to have a diva-mentality after the play, but his routes and hands looked solid.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oimrK0qmXEs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7Q1N56bJcTg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

kccrow 03-01-2021 11:46 AM

Newsome got overshadowed by Dyami Brown. Good player in his own right though. Just 2 different skill sets. Brown is a guy I'd look at end of 2 as an X whereas Newsome probably needs to play off the line as a slot.

kccrow 03-01-2021 11:53 AM

And Dante84, you really hit home the point on the WRs I was semi-trying to make on WR and especially the little fellas. This draft is freakin LOADED with talent for the slot. Tons of super quick jitterbug types just like Toney later in this draft. Toney is a little more polished, maybe plays the X, but many similar to him. I don't think I could take Toney with all the talent at the position as a 1st round pick. I was all about him in the 2nd before his stock went through the roof, but I don't think I'd worry about WR at 31. Some really, really good players are going to fall through the 2nd-4th. I'd rather see that pick spent on a position that isn't as loaded, so long as the draft falls right.

MahomesMagic 03-01-2021 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 15567833)
And Dante84, you really hit home the point on the WRs I was semi-trying to make on WR and especially the little fellas. This draft is freakin LOADED with talent for the slot. Tons of super quick jitterbug types just like Toney later in this draft. Toney is a little more polished, maybe plays the X, but many similar to him. I don't think I could take Toney with all the talent at the position as a 1st round pick. I was all about him in the 2nd before his stock went through the roof, but I don't think I'd worry about WR at 31. Some really, really good players are going to fall through the 2nd-4th. I'd rather see that pick spent on a position that isn't as loaded, so long as the draft falls right.

Toney is not just a slot. He can play inside or outside and is one of the elite route runners in this draft.

Not running routes is why Mahomes doesn't trust Mecole.

kccrow 03-01-2021 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 15567853)
Toney is not just a slot. He can play inside or outside and is one of the elite route runners in this draft.

Not running routes is why Mahomes doesn't trust Mecole.

I was on him 4-5 months ago so I've watched him a ton and love him but... while he's a good route runner, most of his ability to separate in college came from his athleticism much more so than pure route-running ability. That said, when he does crisp up his routes, he'll be just that much more dangerous. There are plenty of other very good route runners in this draft though and I'd, as examples, put Rashod Bateman and Dyami Brown very high on that list.

As for Mecole, I never supported the pick. In fact, I disliked it very much and that was one of the reasons. I've supported him as a player and he's certainly a more than functional slot guy, but he can't ever be more than he is. He can't be the heir to Watkins, much less Tyreek (the thought at the time), and never showed that kind of pure ability. Several receivers in this draft show a lot more ability than Mecole to play inside or out and run good routes. They may not run 4.33 but most of them will be 4.45 and that's plenty so long as they are actually creating separation at the stem.

MahomesMagic 03-01-2021 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 15567911)
I was on him 4-5 months ago so I've watched him a ton and love him but... while he's a good route runner, most of his ability to separate in college came from his athleticism much more so than pure route-running ability. That said, when he does crisp up his routes, he'll be just that much more dangerous. There are plenty of other very good route runners in this draft though and I'd, as examples, put Rashod Bateman and Dyami Brown very high on that list.

As for Mecole, I never supported the pick. In fact, I disliked it very much and that was one of the reasons. I've supported him as a player and he's certainly a more than functional slot guy, but he can't ever be more than he is. He can't be the heir to Watkins, much less Tyreek (the thought at the time), and never showed that kind of pure ability. Several receivers in this draft show a lot more ability than Mecole to play inside or out and run good routes. They may not run 4.33 but most of them will be 4.45 and that's plenty so long as they are actually creating separation at the stem.

We aren't getting Bateman.

Dyami Brown is meh. He can play and be a suitable #2. The analytics guys love him but I see a guy who delays routes to stutter step open. That won't fly at the next level. Weak at catch point.

Maybe he can be a Gabe Davis but I still think Davis is overrated.

kccrow 03-01-2021 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 15568024)
We aren't getting Bateman.

Dyami Brown is meh. He can play and be a suitable #2. The analytics guys love him but I see a guy who delays routes to stutter step open. That won't fly at the next level. Weak at catch point.

Maybe he can be a Gabe Davis but I still think Davis is overrated.

Glad you noticed that. Split end x receivers that don't get a free release from the slot or Z like guys like Toney did for a majority of their careers often use jab and stutter steps to set up the defender and get by them. It's a good trait. He doesn't do it when he's not facing press.

You don't average 20 ypc by sucking ass and getting open too slow.

MahomesMagic 03-01-2021 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 15568118)
Glad you noticed that. Split end x receivers that don't get a free release from the slot or Z like guys like Toney did for a majority of their careers often use jab and stutter steps to set up the defender and get by them. It's a good trait. He doesn't do it when he's not facing press.

You don't average 20 ypc by sucking ass and getting open too slow.

College and NFL are two different levels. We will have to agree to disagree on him.

kccrow 03-01-2021 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 15568126)
College and NFL are two different levels. We will have to agree to disagree on him.

Fine with me. He doesn't have anything slow in his route running at all. He's one of the receivers I want most for the Chiefs to draft.

MahomesMagic 03-01-2021 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 15568127)
Fine with me. He doesn't have anything slow in his route running at all. He's one of the receivers I want most for the Chiefs to draft.

Ruggs was way faster than Dyami Brown last year but his sloppiness and delaying of his routes was one of the reasons why I placed him behind Justin Jefferson when most of the mock draft sites were too high on Ruggs.

All the speed in the world can be slowed down with delays you do to yourself.

Kiimo 03-01-2021 08:39 PM

Trade up for Rashod Bateman. He's Sammy V2

kccrow 03-01-2021 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 15568156)
Ruggs was way faster than Dyami Brown last year but his sloppiness and delaying of his routes was one of the reasons why I placed him behind Justin Jefferson when most of the mock draft sites were too high on Ruggs.

All the speed in the world can be slowed down with delays you do to yourself.

That's fine, we can disagree. I just don't see what you say you're seeing with him. The only time I see him use jabs and stutters is against press and he does them without slowing down his route.

si.com (https://www.si.com/nfl/chiefs/draft/...er-dyami-brown) seems to agree with me when they say this:

Quote:

At the line of scrimmage, Brown uses quick and precise footwork to get a good release. He doesn't waste much movement in his feet and almost never runs sloppy routes. He's a smart player who doesn't have elite traits, so he wins with toughness and technique throughout his reps. Brown is also a more than willing run blocker, as that was one of the best parts of his game in college.
I wasn't much the Ruggs fan. Jaylen Waddle is this year's overhyped version.

Everybody is the next Reek. Except they aren't.

Will Fuller, John Ross, Henry Ruggs, now Waddle... blah.

You're right about that, speed only goes so far. I remember going off my rocker over Smith from Ohio State a few years back only for him to suck complete ass because I was 1) blindly being a homer and 2) not paying enough attention to his route running.

MahomesMagic 03-02-2021 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 15568651)
That's fine, we can disagree. I just don't see what you say you're seeing with him. The only time I see him use jabs and stutters is against press and he does them without slowing down his route.

si.com (https://www.si.com/nfl/chiefs/draft/...er-dyami-brown) seems to agree with me when they say this:

I wasn't much the Ruggs fan. Jaylen Waddle is this year's overhyped version.

Everybody is the next Reek. Except they aren't.

Will Fuller, John Ross, Henry Ruggs, now Waddle... blah.

You're right about that, speed only goes so far. I remember going off my rocker over Smith from Ohio State a few years back only for him to suck complete ass because I was 1) blindly being a homer and 2) not paying enough attention to his route running.

I still had Ruggs as a 1st round pick, just a guy late 1st.

It scared me when I heard we were thinking about trading up for him.

Still, Ruggs or Will Fuller would be enough to replace Sammy. They might not be super versatile but at least they give you a true vertical 2.

Ruggs does one run an incredible hitch and go that is ELITE. Unfortunately his other routes are delayed.

Chris Meck 03-04-2021 12:06 PM

I'm all in on Amari Rodgers. I also like Nico Collins.

I think either would be great 'X' guys for the Chiefs.

Different skillsets but I think either could work great.

Bowser 03-04-2021 02:31 PM

A viable receiver at the X and a viable receiving #2 TE. That's what I want from this draft and/or FA period. Throw the entire rest of the draft at fatties on both sides of the ball (an EDGE or two wouldn't hurt out of the draft as well), and I'm a happy guy.

htismaqe 03-04-2021 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 15572064)
Throw the entire rest of the draft at fatties on both sides of the ball

No way.

kccrow 03-04-2021 04:55 PM

Came across this little gem on Dyami Brown.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cDePD1X6W_Q" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bowser 03-04-2021 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15572085)
No way.

(I just really want a true X and a true #2 TE, that's all. I know we need depth everywhere, but please baby Jesus, just give me those two things. :D )

Bowser 03-04-2021 09:11 PM

Mock drafts on these sites being what they are, Dyami Brown is pretty consistently available in the 3/4 rounds. Is his weight a concern? Everything else looks pretty damned appealing, not seeing why he would drop that low with his production the last couple of seasons at UNC.

kccrow 03-04-2021 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 15572776)
Mock drafts on these sites being what they are, Dyami Brown is pretty consistently available in the 3/4 rounds. Is his weight a concern? Everything else looks pretty damned appealing, not seeing why he would drop that low with his production the last couple of seasons at UNC.

The two things I think people focus on are:
  • He had some concentration drops last year in a couple of games, notably the FSU game. I don't know that it's a problem, as it never seemed to be something that stuck out game after game, but people find every way possible to knock a guy this time of year.
  • He doesn't create after the catch quite as well as some other prospects.

I don't think either are deal-breakers for me but maybe they are for some. I'll take the kid that runs phenomenal routes over most other traits all day long in the NFL. Just marry him to the jugs machine for a couple of seasons just to be safe haha.

He may be a very top of the 3rd player but he's certainly not a bottom of the 3rd. If the Chiefs like him, I think he's gotta be the pick at 63.

MahomesMagic 03-04-2021 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 15572791)
The two things I think people focus on are:
  • He had some concentration drops last year in a couple of games, notably the FSU game. I don't know that it's a problem, as it never seemed to be something that stuck out game after game, but people find every way possible to knock a guy this time of year.
  • He doesn't create after the catch quite as well as some other prospects.

I don't think either are deal-breakers for me but maybe they are for some. I'll take the kid that runs phenomenal routes over most other traits all day long in the NFL. Just marry him to the jugs machine for a couple of seasons just to be safe haha.

He may be a very top of the 3rd player but he's certainly not a bottom of the 3rd. If the Chiefs like him, I think he's gotta be the pick at 63.

For Dyami it is not about deal breaking as deal making. I don't see anything that doesn't say more than just a guy NFL.

He has good size but doesn't use it. Doesn't have go get the ball ability or burner traits. And the route running is not NFL plus either.

So he will be playable in the NFL. Just don't see impact..kinda different but I felt similarly when Zay Jones was being promoted over Godwin and JuJu.

Then again, maybe we just see this WR class differently because you said you don't like Waddle and for me he is WR #1..even over Chase.

There is wow there.

el borracho 03-04-2021 09:53 PM

What does everyone think about Imatorbhebhe at the end of the 5th?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3ijOAPKUbG4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

kccrow 03-04-2021 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 15572801)
For Dyami it is not about deal breaking as deal making. I don't see anything that doesn't say more than just a guy NFL.

He has good size but doesn't use it. Doesn't have go get the ball ability or burner traits. And the route running is not NFL plus either.

So he will be playable in the NFL. Just don't see impact..kinda different but I felt similarly when Zay Jones was being promoted over Godwin and JuJu.

No offense to you personally, I just don't agree on his route running at all and neither does about 99.999% of everyone else that watches him. I don't know what you're watching to give you that opinion if I'm trying to be honest with you. If you think that a guy like Marshall runs good routes and Dyami Brown doesn't, then I think I'd ask you to explain it in extreme detail because your opinion doesn't match not only mine but anybody else's that critiques it.

Rashod Bateman and Dyami Brown are two of the most prolific route runners in this class, yet I see you routinely champion other receivers based on some other trait, whether it be size or agility, and neither is in any way indicative of route running acumen. You can watch Brown ditch really good CBs like Samuel, AJ Terrell, and the list goes on because he has A+ foot quickness, has a great burst off the line, and flips his hips extremely quick in stride to produce crisp routes for a college player.

As for speed, Brown ran a 4.49 when he got to NC and I'd assume he'd run in the mid 4.4s now. That's no slouch by any means.

Now, I will give you that he doesn't go get the ball in hard traffic as strongly as some receivers but in a group of those of equivocal size, I'd say he does it adequately. He's not going to be the same as a 6'3" 220 receiver whose entire game is largely predicated on doing exactly that.

I was equivocally high on Chris Godwin coming out. Bateman is alot like him and maybe even better as a prospect. Brown is solidly 20 lbs lighter and an inch shorter than either of them. They are not identical comparisons.

I think a very favorable comp in the NFL right now is Robert Woods.

MahomesMagic 03-04-2021 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 15572831)
No offense to you personally, I just don't agree on his route running at all and neither does about 99.999% of everyone else that watches him. I don't know what you're watching to give you that opinion if I'm trying to be honest with you. If you think that a guy like Marshall runs good routes and Dyami Brown doesn't, then I think I'd ask you to explain it in extreme detail because your opinion doesn't match not only mine but anybody else's that critiques it.

Rashod Bateman and Dyami Brown are two of the most prolific route runners in this class, yet I see you routinely champion other receivers based on some other trait, whether it be size or agility, and neither is in any way indicative of route running acumen. You can watch Brown ditch really good CBs like Samuel, AJ Terrell, and the list goes on because he has A+ foot quickness, has a great burst off the line, and flips his hips extremely quick in stride to produce crisp routes for a college player.

As for speed, Brown ran a 4.49 when he got to NC and I'd assume he'd run in the mid 4.4s now. That's no slouch by any means.

Now, I will give you that he doesn't go get the ball in hard traffic as strongly as some receivers but in a group of those of equivocal size, I'd say he does it adequately. He's not going to be the same as a 6'3" 220 receiver whose entire game is largely predicated on doing exactly that.

I was equivocally high on Chris Godwin coming out. Bateman is alot like him and maybe even better as a prospect. Brown is solidly 20 lbs lighter and an inch shorter than either of them. They are not identical comparisons.

I think a very favorable comp in the NFL right now is Robert Woods.

No offense need be taken. I want people to overdraft Dyami Brown in fantasy. You are right , analytics Twitter loves Dyami.

I don't see Robert Woods at all.

Bowser 03-04-2021 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 15572818)
What does everyone think about Imatorbhebhe at the end of the 5th?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3ijOAPKUbG4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Another guy that seems to always be there in the mid rounds. From that highlight reel, everything looks good. Great hands, fights for the ball, separates in space. It would be nice to have him or someone of his stature on goal to go across from Kelce.

Chris Meck 03-05-2021 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 15572873)
Another guy that seems to always be there in the mid rounds. From that highlight reel, everything looks good. Great hands, fights for the ball, separates in space. It would be nice to have him or someone of his stature on goal to go across from Kelce.

I like that kid a LOT. I've been reading up on him; only knock is relative lack of experience. Seems like a perfect mid round high reward pick.