ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life 2021 General Fitness thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=336006)

Buehler445 01-02-2021 11:48 AM

2021 General Fitness thread

How's everyone's 2021? These threads have been full of good stuff in years past.

What are we doing this year?

Buehler445 01-02-2021 11:52 AM

I'm looking for a basic beginners Yoga routine.

My flexibility is asshole. When I hit the gym after harvest I've been stretching before and after, but I obviously need to focus more on flexibility and balance than only strength. Cardio is ass too, but I'm good with the bike.

EDIT: I need video too. I suck so much at Yoga, just a list of poses isn't going to get it done.

I found a few on YouTube and there were a ****load, but some of them were wonky. I was hoping someone here would have something simple for a rube.

-King- 01-02-2021 11:54 AM

Yoyo'd the **** out of last year. Started at about 220 and got in real good shape around 185-190 but then ****ed it all off when I ****ed up my shoulder catching a falling ceiling fan that wasn't braced right. Gonna get back at it soon and hopefully once I reach the 185 area I can maintain it without getting bored or having something happens that ****s up my workouts/diet.

keg in kc 01-02-2021 11:57 AM

I think the most accurate description of my fitness right now would be "poor". Or perhaps "lacking". Maybe "nonexistent".

Cornstock 01-02-2021 11:59 AM

Building out the garage into a fitness space/man cave, have a treadmill and some free weights. As I get into better shape I'll add some more stuff, I have my eye on a wall mounted squat rack that folds up, I figure I can do bench press and other good stuff with that.

scho63 01-02-2021 12:00 PM

My health went to shit in 2020. ****ing COVID killed working out. I sweat and pant too much when on the elliptical to use a mask. Can't wait for this nonsense to end.

My only negative of a good year.

Bearcat 01-02-2021 12:17 PM

There's a bodyweight fitness sub on reddit and I've been doing variations of their recommended routine for the past ~3-4 months.

Things I was awful at before (pull-ups and dips) have progressed nicely and I'm now decent at, while things I think I was already decent at (push-ups and some of the leg and core things) have gotten better, too.

Seems like a good beginner to intermediate-ish program, focusing on progressive overload. It's not just "do pull-ups, and use a chair if you suck at them", but if needed, starting with hangs or pull-up negatives.

It brought me out of the ancient times of the P90x style workout, where I was probably doing far more endurance training than I realized.

Also walking a couple miles every couple days, with two monster hills nearby. Dealing with calf tightness and shin splints, depending on the day... getting old sucks.

Bearcat 01-02-2021 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 15437063)

My flexibility is asshole. When I hit the gym after harvest I've been stretching before and after, but I obviously need to focus more on flexibility and balance than only strength. Cardio is ass too, but I'm good with the bike.

EDIT: I need video too. I suck so much at Yoga, just a list of poses isn't going to get it done.

I found a few on YouTube and there were a ****load, but some of them were wonky. I was hoping someone here would have something simple for a rube.

Before seeing your edit, I was going to mention I'm sure youtube has a ton out there... the old school P90x has a good balance posture routine. The yoga part is crazy repetitive and boring, IMO, but the 2nd half is balance stuff, which I found helped over time.

The Franchise 01-02-2021 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 15437111)
There's a bodyweight fitness sub on reddit and I've been doing variations of their recommended routine for the past ~3-4 months.

Things I was awful at before (pull-ups and dips) have progressed nicely and I'm now decent at, while things I think I was already decent at (push-ups and some of the leg and core things) have gotten better, too.

Seems like a good beginner to intermediate-ish program, focusing on progressive overload. It's not just "do pull-ups, and use a chair if you suck at them", but if needed, starting with hangs or pull-up negatives.

It brought me out of the ancient times of the P90x style workout, where I was probably doing far more endurance training than I realized.

Also walking a couple miles every couple days, with two monster hills nearby. Dealing with calf tightness and shin splints, depending on the day... getting old sucks.

Wanna link it up?

Buehler445 01-02-2021 12:26 PM

Quote:

When I get back to a computer I’ll comment on the shin splint stuff. Turns out I got old at 21ish LOL.

Buehler445 01-02-2021 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 15437115)
Before seeing your edit, I was going to mention I'm sure youtube has a ton out there... the old school P90x has a good balance posture routine. The yoga part is crazy repetitive and boring, IMO, but the 2nd half is balance stuff, which I found helped over time.

I’ve done the p90x yoga years ago.

I can’t do an hour and a half. I’m looking at 20-30 min.

KCUnited 01-02-2021 12:29 PM

Quote:

Subscribed

Have a finished basement for the first time in my adult life and planned to build out an epic entertainment space. Spent months shopping for the perfect furniture then waiting a couple more months for it to be built and shipped. Donated the old furniture we had down there the day before delivery. Delivery day comes and you guessed it, the furniture didn't fit despite triple measuring before ordering.

Found all new furniture that will assemble upon delivery but won't be deliverable until end of ****ing April. So I've got this large room with a wall mounted monster tv and no furniture.

Going with a makeshift yoga dojo til the furniture delivers. Looking for beginner vids.

Bearcat 01-02-2021 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 15437130)
I’ve done the p90x yoga years ago.

I can’t do an hour and a half. I’m looking at 20-30 min.

Yeah, most of their stuff could be trimmed down by a lot... like annihilating your biceps for 50 minutes probably isn't necessary.

RunKC 01-02-2021 01:04 PM

I’ve done really well in terms of working out 3X a week. My problem is still calories.

I can’t stop eating too many calories

Bearcat 01-02-2021 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 15437127)
When I get back to a computer I’ll comment on the shin splint stuff. Turns out I got old at 21ish LOL.

Thanks... started as calf pain and apparently had to learn how to walk, heh... but as I've shifted weight and landing and so forth, it's mostly in the shins now.

Bearcat 01-02-2021 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15437118)
Wanna link it up?

https://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightf...mended_routine

They have a lot of good reading material, too.

Romeo64 01-02-2021 01:11 PM

I have a friend who tried DDP yoga and really liked it, increased flexibility and lost weight. Former Pro Rassler Diamond Dallas Page supposedly created it. I keep saying I'm going to try it but I'm too lazy right now. Their program is isn't free though.

Buehler445 01-02-2021 01:34 PM

Quote:

Shin splints are the ****ing devil. I ran track in high school and knew what shin splints were. And I'm genuinely not a dumbass. But in college I pulled my hamstring pretty seriously and was out of virtually anything for awhile and put on some weight. So when I got it back together enough to run some distance I over did it. A lot. I got shin splints so bad I could barely walk. I'm not a dumbass. But obviously I'm a dumbass.

So on the shin splint thing, I've tried a bunch of different things. Here are are the things that moved the needle for me.

I overpronate really bad when I run, so I always wanted minimalist shoes so it would let my foot do it's thing. I think that's wrong. They improved when I bought stability type shoes that prevent the pronation.

www.roadrunnersports.com has the best descriptions of how shit works and where different shoes fit into their matrix. Stability might not be where you need to be, but that site is where I started to learn about the different types of shoes. And their customer service is really good. You're not getting anything cheap, but I throw them some business, because they've done me some good.

The second aspect is compression. And always outside in. Dad said when dinosaurs roamed the earth he had to shave his legs so they could tape his shins, when I was a kid they had prewrap. I'm not sure what the answer is now, probably kinetic tape, but THIS is what I use. It used to be cheaper, but it has a pad you put on your shinbone and wrap your lower leg with the neoprene wrap. It really helps.

I don't know if it helped or not, but when they're hurting ice helped. Just putting an icepack on them doesn't do much good. So when Buehler445 does something, he ****ing does it, so I bought some ace bandages and put an ace bandage on my shin (go outside in), then put the ice pack on and hold it there with a wider ace bandage. Then my stupid ass went to bed. I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to do that, and early on I would wake up in the middle of the night from pain from too much compression too long, but it worked. I'm sure I looked like a flaming moron, but I didn't care. I was a hurting unit.

Third is calf stretches. I don't know what my major malfunction was with tight calves but when the shin splints were the worst I was stretching my calves every half hour. And I'm not smart enough know why but different stretches stretch different parts of the calf (or different muscles - I don't know. I'm a moron). So I got the best results from doing the flat foot push against the wall stretch, then balls of the foot on a step kind of thing, and a different stretch from getting a belt around the balls of my feet and pulling from a seated position. Now I didn't know it was a thing, but I had to do PT and they had me stretch my achilles which is the same thing with the belt in a chair, except bend your knee. I didn't know that was a good thing, but it really helped.

Big thing is don't be like Buehler445 and let it get out of control. God I'm a ****ing idiot. It was 3 years before I could run or play basketball without a bunch of pain. And I think I did that icing thing every day for like a year. Don't be like me.

Megatron96 01-02-2021 01:45 PM

Shin splints suck. Dealt with them in track and soccer.

You should ice for 20 minutes max at a time. then 20 minutes off, then repeat. I usually could only do this for about 2 hours at a time before I decided I needed a break from that. Mostly to get rid of shin splints you need to take it easy. Stretching, judicious icing, and rest is the cure.

Then when you're ready, restart your exercise regimen, but go slow. Like 1/3rd of whatever you were doing before. Build up gradually, and if the shin splints return, scale back for a week and then try to build up again. And consistent stretching and ice post-exercise during this time.

Also get after-market insoles. Amazing how they help with all your common foot/ankle/shin issues.

Graystoke 01-02-2021 01:48 PM

I usually do more activities in winter.
So far so good as we have a kickass ice rink out back plus good snow for skate skiing.
Those two activities and chopping wood will get me through the winter and then come spring it’s all about hiking looking for Trout.

Never was a gym guy. Get me outside.

lewdog 01-02-2021 02:11 PM

Hit the weights you ****ing yoga boys.

Buehler445 01-02-2021 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 15437277)
Hit the weights you ****ing yoga boys.

I am, but my flexibility is ****ing ass, and my balance is getting worse. Not what you want when crawling around on machinery.

Plus I'm so damned out of shape the Yoga will be a good workout for my dumbass.

But yeah, weights are happening.

KCUnited 01-02-2021 02:39 PM

Yoga is like adding a little Bitcoin to your portfolio

Hammock Parties 01-02-2021 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15437202)
I’ve done really well in terms of working out 3X a week. My problem is still calories.

I can’t stop eating too many calories

Stop buying bad shit.

I don't keep alcohol or sugary/carby snack foods in the house.

All I ever eat during the week is eggs, protein and fruit/veg.

If I want something bad to eat I save it for the weekend/going out.

The Franchise 01-02-2021 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romeo64 (Post 15437214)
I have a friend who tried DDP yoga and really liked it, increased flexibility and lost weight. Former Pro Rassler Diamond Dallas Page supposedly created it. I keep saying I'm going to try it but I'm too lazy right now. Their program is isn't free though.

I’ve got it. I just need to start it. You can buy a monthly streaming subscription for like $8 a month.

philfree 01-02-2021 03:48 PM

The Bow Flex Max is still a thing. It get's the old sludge pump pumping.

Brody Wa 01-02-2021 04:06 PM

Today, with the the gyms being closed, my biggest work out consists of walking my dog Brody less than 1 mile per hour.

Dante84 01-02-2021 04:33 PM

Is it possible to pin your own CP threads? I’d like to keep this up top.

Buehler445 01-02-2021 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 15437482)
Is it possible to pin your own CP threads? I’d like to keep this up top.

Best I know is you can subscribe to it and get to your subscribed threads in User CP

loochy 01-02-2021 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 15437317)
Yoga is like adding a little Bitcoin men to your portfoliosex life

FYP

KCUnited 01-02-2021 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 15437489)
FYP

Know from experience beefcake?

Bearcat 01-02-2021 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15437118)
Wanna link it up?

This is some of what I read up on several months ago...
https://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightf...training_guide

https://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightf...ngth_training/

https://thefitness.wiki/improving-your-diet/

Bearcat 01-02-2021 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 15437239)
Shin splints are the ****ing devil.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 15437249)
Shin splints suck. Dealt with them in track and soccer.

You should ice for 20 minutes max at a time. then 20 minutes off, then repeat. I usually could only do this for about 2 hours at a time before I decided I needed a break from that. Mostly to get rid of shin splints you need to take it easy. Stretching, judicious icing, and rest is the cure.

Then when you're ready, restart your exercise regimen, but go slow. Like 1/3rd of whatever you were doing before. Build up gradually, and if the shin splints return, scale back for a week and then try to build up again. And consistent stretching and ice post-exercise during this time.

Also get after-market insoles. Amazing how they help with all your common foot/ankle/shin issues.

Thanks for all the info!

And FWIW, no idea if it's actually shin splints. I had no pain for a while, doing walk/jog intervals, but then at one point started having calf pain to the point I had to do something... and so I researched and it was a combination of too long of strides and not landing properly.

Fixed that and it shifted to the shins... and just before Christmas, the pain stuck around far longer than normal, into the evening, so I decided I'd take the 5 days as a break. Still hurt a few days ago, but not nearly as bad... but, it's pretty immediate when I start jogging, so thinking it could be the shoes or need more work learning how to walk.

I lower my heels off a step for a stretch and will put on foot behind the other... but, will try different stretches as well

Megatron96 01-02-2021 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 15437526)
Thanks for all the info!

And FWIW, no idea if it's actually shin splints. I had no pain for a while, doing walk/jog intervals, but then at one point started having calf pain to the point I had to do something... and so I researched and it was a combination of too long of strides and not landing properly.

Fixed that and it shifted to the shins... and just before Christmas, the pain stuck around far longer than normal, into the evening, so I decided I'd take the 5 days as a break. Still hurt a few days ago, but not nearly as bad... but, it's pretty immediate when I start jogging, so thinking it could be the shoes or need more work learning how to walk.

I lower my heels off a step for a stretch and will put on foot behind the other... but, will try different stretches as well

Sounds like shin splints. Lay off hiking up hills/inclines for awhile. Maybe a couple weeks.

loochy 01-02-2021 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 15437496)
Know from experience beefcake?

Sure, you skinny jean wearing twink.

KCUnited 01-02-2021 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 15437548)

Explains your loose asshole at least

Megatron96 01-02-2021 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 15437548)

What are skinny jeans? Another weight-loss gadget?

lewdog 01-02-2021 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 15437557)
What are skinny jeans? Another weight-loss gadget?

Not sure if serious?

KCUnited 01-02-2021 05:21 PM

Always the low T guys introducing the gay stuff

lewdog 01-02-2021 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 15437573)

ROFL

Megatron96 01-02-2021 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 15437569)
Not sure if serious?

I don't know what skinny jeans are. This is surprising? I can't be the only one.

Kiimo 01-02-2021 05:37 PM

Went on a six mile run today and it really felt like I'm getting ahead of the curve going this early. There were a ton of people out today compared to last week.

Bearcat 01-02-2021 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 15437596)
I don't know what skinny jeans are. This is surprising? I can't be the only one.

Added to the HDMI cable club description.

Megatron96 01-02-2021 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 15437610)
Added to the HDMI cable club description.

:D
Progress?

redfan 01-02-2021 05:42 PM

Been walking 2-2.5 miles most days with wifey, gonna try to up to 3+ this year.

frozenchief 01-02-2021 06:59 PM

I was doing Starting Strength last year until gyms closed down because of Covid. It's a great program if you want to get strong. It's free weights. No Nautilus. No cardio. The book goes into great detail about the basic exercises, how and why they work, how to do them correctly, etc. The website has numerous videos about how to do the lifts correctly. The app has everything programmed for you. Sad thing is that I lost a lot of gains with closed gyms so it feels like I have to start over again.

Info is here:

https://startingstrength.com/

Buehler445 01-11-2021 12:30 AM

Quote:

So nobody has a decent yoga routine for rookies?

I did this one. It wasn't bad. Supposedly specialized for dudes at a desk.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yUBzHThl-d0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

EDIT: I skipped the myofascial release portion.

loochy 01-11-2021 01:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 15437573)

negative sir

loochy 01-11-2021 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 15437596)

Dude, you have to be seeing them all the time.....you probably ARE the only one that doesn't know what they are.

They are stretchy, tapered, form fitting jeans....like this:

https://denimology.com/wp-content/up...n-938x1024.jpg

loochy 01-11-2021 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 15467919)
So nobody has a decent yoga routine for rookies?

I did this one. It wasn't bad. Supposedly specialized for dudes at a desk.

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yUBzHThl-d0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen="" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>

EDIT: I skipped the myofascial release portion.

Are you going to take a class once COVID is over? A live instructor can probably help your form quite a bit. It's hard to know what you are doing wrong when you can't watch yourself.

Buehler445 01-11-2021 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 15468935)
Are you going to take a class once COVID is over? A live instructor can probably help your form quite a bit. It's hard to know what you are doing wrong when you can't watch yourself.

Nah, no clue if there are any classes here - doubt it. Even if there was I work way too much either way.

That's why I have to have video. I understand what you're saying, but it helps when they're like squeeze this open up that, whatever. Not great, but it's the best I can do.

Titty Meat 01-11-2021 02:22 PM

Anyone join planet fitness? I see they are doing the 10 dollar membership again. Was worth it just for the eye candy IMO

loochy 01-11-2021 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 15469098)
Anyone join planet fitness? I see they are doing the 10 dollar membership again. Was worth it just for the eye candy IMO

We like to make fun of PF, but $10 a month is probably worth it even if you only go twice a month.

PAChiefsGuy 01-11-2021 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 15469102)
We like to make fun of PF, but $10 a month is probably worth it even if you only go twice a month.

Right.

Its a good gym for beginners.

Aspengc8 01-11-2021 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 15468920)
negative sir

What's your TRT dose? My numbers are pretty much exactly the same.

loochy 01-11-2021 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 15469202)
What's your TRT dose? My numbers are pretty much exactly the same.

200 weekly.

Actually, that particular reading was way high for some reason. Generally my trough reading is around 800.

penguinz 01-11-2021 03:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 15468920)
negative sir

My last test...

loochy 01-11-2021 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 15469222)
My last test...

TRT or natty? If natty, then that's impressive.

If TRT, is your doc giving you a hard time about it being high-ish?

penguinz 01-11-2021 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 15469214)
200 weekly.

Actually, that particular reading was way high for some reason. Generally my trough reading is around 800.

As long as your Estradiol is in check it isn't that bad.

penguinz 01-11-2021 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 15469237)
TRT or natty? If natty, then that's impressive.

If TRT, is your doc giving you a hard time about it being high-ish?

TRT. He was a bit concerned but Estradiol was in check so he said may adjust if next test is high as well.

Getting it done this Thursday. Before this last one I was normally in the 700 range for total and 19 for free test.

loochy 01-11-2021 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 15469239)
As long as your Estradiol is in check it isn't that bad.

Yeah, it is. Actually, I'm becoming a fan of higher-ish E2, as long as I'm not getting bloat/high blood pressure or sexual sides. I feel better physically and mentally and there are many proven neuroprotective and cardioprotective benefits to not dropping e2 low.

I'm to the point now where injecting 3x a week is enough to not need an AI at all.

Dunerdr 01-11-2021 03:12 PM

I've worked out regularly for about 10 years. I'd say im decently strong and fairly big but carrying a lot of extra lbs. I was running 2 miles a day until about july, Plantar Fasciitis is kicking my ass. I think im gonna start swimming to shed some lbs, any pointers or input i appreciated. Also some strength size routines are always appreciated i feel like im in a rut.

chinaski 01-11-2021 03:13 PM

Not changing a thing. I run everyday, anywhere between 3 and 10 miles. Body weight exercises, crunches and free weights 4-5 days a week. My diet is clean. I weigh about 180, plus or minus a few pounds. I'm in pretty dang good shape for a dude in my mid 40's. :)

loochy 01-11-2021 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunerdr (Post 15469250)
I've worked out regularly for about 10 years. I'd say im decently strong and fairly big but carrying a lot of extra lbs. I was running 2 miles a day until about july, Plantar Fasciitis is kicking my ass. I think im gonna start swimming to shed some lbs, any pointers or input i appreciated. Also some strength size routines are always appreciated i feel like im in a rut.

PF sucks and there's really no good cure besides rest. Some things can help, like orthotics and stretching, but you have to rest it. Try some strassburg socks - those helped me.

Buehler445 01-11-2021 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunerdr (Post 15469250)

**** Plantar Fasciitis.

When I was still trying to play ball, I'd tape it like this. There are some different kinds of tapes these days that I know nothing about, and different strategies, but this definitely helped me. Just make sure to wash and dry your foot first and put your sock on while you're sitting down before you move. It takes a minute, especially when you haven't done it too many times, and nothing is more irritating than starting over.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5Z2XlqsuQSY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I've done some myofascial release. Meh

Cold packs will help if you fire it up and it is hurting, but at that point the damage is done.

There are lots of stretching. It is certainly worthwhile.

I did orthotics for awhile, and they were so hard, when I'd stand on concrete (which I do) they'd just inflame it because there was no cushion. Maybe you can come up with better options. So I'm better off just getting some really good support shoes which have some cushion. I've gotten along with brooks and Salamon, but everybody's foot is different.

I tried these arch support things that went around my foot, it just shifted around and hurt really bad.

Plantar Fasciitis is the devil.

Titty Meat 01-11-2021 04:06 PM

Another question I met to ask I've been struggling hitting my water intake. Bought some Mio sp? Wanted enhancer. Is there any downside to that stuff? Makes the water taste ****ing delicious.

loochy 01-11-2021 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 15469393)
Another question I met to ask I've been struggling hitting my water intake. Bought some Mio sp? Wanted enhancer. Is there any downside to that stuff? Makes the water taste ****ing delicious.

It makes you pee a lot because of the B vitamins.

There's always debate about artificial sweeteners if you care about that.

But hey, if it helps you drink then it's better than not using it. Try to use as little as possible though...or maybe wean yourself down until you don't need to use it anymore.

lewdog 01-11-2021 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 15469393)

No.

Don’t go through an entire bottle a day and it’s fine to use. I flavor 32oz daily with it and get my remaining water plain. It helps me meet my water intake too.

Marcellus 01-11-2021 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 15469257)
PF sucks and there's really no good cure besides rest. Some things can help, like orthotics and stretching, but you have to rest it. Try some strassburg socks - those helped me.

I have PF in my left foot right now, acted up a couple days ago its been years since the last time I've had it. I've had PF probably 3 or 4 separate times, once in both feet at at the same time. I've been a distance runner for almost 10 years. Always been able to run through it while doing different treatments like sleeping in arch compression socks (not strassburg) rolling it out on a golf ball, orthotics, eccentric calf stretches etc...in fact the less running I did the worse it got. I typically only get it when my mileage drops between 20-25 miles a week for a while. As my running ramps back up it goes away. Pure rest to get rid of PF simply takes too long and isn't an option in my world.

Also I switched to Hokas a few years back, this is the first time I've had PF since then. I slightly twisted my left ankle last week and may be compensating when running and created the issue now that I think about it.

Marcellus 01-11-2021 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chinaski (Post 15469253)
Not changing a thing. I run everyday, anywhere between 3 and 10 miles. Body weight exercises, crunches and free weights 4-5 days a week. My diet is clean. I weigh about 180, plus or minus a few pounds. I'm in pretty dang good shape for a dude in my mid 40's. :)

Sounds very much like me. I was an avid lifter who started running and now run more but still lift 3 or 4 times a week with some good core work mixed in. Been working on deadlift and squat strength lately which is a hoot when running all the time as well.

5'11" 185 at about 13-15% BF right now but plan to get that down some the next few months. No idea why at this point to be honest.

loochy 01-11-2021 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 15469473)
I have PF in my left foot right now, acted up a couple days ago its been years since the last time I've had it. I've had PF probably 3 or 4 separate times, once in both feet at at the same time. I've been a distance runner for almost 10 years. Always been able to run through it while doing different treatments like sleeping in arch compression socks (not strassburg) rolling it out on a golf ball, orthotics, eccentric calf stretches etc...in fact the less running I did the worse it got. I typically only get it when my mileage drops between 20-25 miles a week for a while. As my running ramps back up it goes away. Pure rest to get rid of PF simply takes too long and isn't an option in my world.

Also I switched to Hokas a few years back, this is the first time I've had PF since then. I slightly twisted my left ankle last week and may be compensating when running and created the issue now that I think about it.

I used to have it from soccer. When I lost weight and took a few months off from soccer and running (groin pull). I did elliptical or bike (no foot flex things besides walking), strassburg socks at night, and dropped about 20 lbs and it didn't come back when I started back to soccer.

Marcellus 01-11-2021 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 15469506)
I used to have it from soccer. When I lost weight and took a few months off from soccer and running (groin pull). I did elliptical or bike (no foot flex things besides walking), strassburg socks at night, and dropped about 20 lbs and it didn't come back when I started back to soccer.

Like I said, a couple months off just isn't an option for me. You can work through it if you have to but it sucks for a while.

LittleMeatballNick 01-11-2021 05:13 PM

The biggest thing with PF is Stretch and Strengthen. You gotta strengthen the muscles you can in the foot with different exercises. I do calf raises and crinkle up a towel with my toes. Also, just freeze a water bottle and roll out with that to get some inflammation down as well.

LittleMeatballNick 01-11-2021 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 15469473)

What Hoka's are you running in right now? And how do you like them?

penguinz 01-11-2021 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 15469245)
Yeah, it is. Actually, I'm becoming a fan of higher-ish E2, as long as I'm not getting bloat/high blood pressure or sexual sides. I feel better physically and mentally and there are many proven neuroprotective and cardioprotective benefits to not dropping e2 low.

I'm to the point now where injecting 3x a week is enough to not need an AI at all.

As long as you aren’t high and growing bitch tits then you are good.

Aspengc8 01-11-2021 05:32 PM

That would explain the high-ish total T reading. 3x a week is a lot for cyp/enth. Your probably gettin bloods drawn when it peaks. I go every 3rd/4th day and its always between 1000-1200.

Marcellus 01-11-2021 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleMeatballNick (Post 15469578)
What Hoka's are you running in right now? And how do you like them?

Clifton's, been wearing them for a couple years now. Love them but they take a minute to get used to.

You can get a ton of miles out of them as well.

vailpass 01-11-2021 05:47 PM

I’m training to hike one of the Grand Canyon trails this year. Never done it. I’m just beginning, hiking local trails around here. The weather is perfect for it right now.

I’m lifting at the gym on a four day program right now. I use the Jefit app and every couple of months I’ll select a new routine from the hundreds they have. That keeps it fresh for me and surprises the muscle. They have interval training routines now, thinking of trying one of those next.

penguinz 01-11-2021 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 15469618)
That would explain the high-ish total T reading. 3x a week is a lot for cyp/enth. Your probably gettin bloods drawn when it peaks. I go every 3rd/4th day and its always between 1000-1200.

I pin twice a week and always get blood drawn on the day I pin in the morning. Get blood drawn then pin right after.

Aspengc8 01-11-2021 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 15469674)
I pin twice a week and always get blood drawn on the day I pin in the morning. Get blood drawn then pin right after.

Thats exactly what I do. My shbg and estradiol are fine, so he lets the super high ride. You shouldnt ever require an anti-e or aromatase inhibitor on trt. Those dumb ‘wellness’ clinics do and it drives me nuts.