ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football MNF Week 1: PIT @ NYG, TEN @ DEN (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=333587)

pugsnotdrugs19 09-14-2020 06:34 AM

MNF Week 1: PIT @ NYG, TEN @ DEN

Monday night doubleheader to cap the week...

Pittsburgh starts at 6:10 CT, Denver at 9:20 CT.

ptlyon 09-14-2020 06:38 AM

Tomorrow might suck after watching Denver get their ass beat so late. But it's like a train wreck, you just gotta watch it.

eDave 09-14-2020 06:38 AM

I pissed on these games earlier but now think they will both be great match up's.

I preferred the no crowd noise approach SNF took and hope MNF follows suit.

pugsnotdrugs19 09-14-2020 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 15167112)
I pissed on these games earlier but now think they will both be great match up's.

Denver can have some fans IIRC

pugsnotdrugs19 09-14-2020 06:50 AM

I’ve mentioned it a time or two now, but I just find Tennessee to be real likable. Big part of that is my affinity for Nashville, but I also love their identity, they’re a tough bunch.

Hope they can throttle Denver but that might be asking for a lot for week 1 in those conditions.

pugsnotdrugs19 09-14-2020 06:53 AM

Need Pittsburgh to win by 7+ if I’m gonna make any money this week, but that just seems like a lock to me. They’re gonna kick New York’s teeth in.

Danguardace 09-14-2020 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 15167116)
Need Pittsburgh to win by 7+ if I’m gonna make any money this week, but that just seems like a lock to me. They’re gonna kick New York’s teeth in.

All the Attention been on Cam and Brady but interested to see how Big Ben looks feels like forever since he played

htismaqe 09-14-2020 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 15167114)
I’ve mentioned it a time or two now, but I just find Tennessee to be real likable. Big part of that is my affinity for Nashville, but I also love their identity, they’re a tough bunch.

Hope they can throttle Denver but that might be asking for a lot for week 1 in those conditions.

Tennessee reminds me of 1996. With them, I alternate between anger and nausea.

As for the conditions, they're built for this. They're going to pound Denver relentlessly.

RunKC 09-14-2020 07:37 AM

Titans seem like a regression candidate more-so than anyone else except SF but I hope they rape Denver.

They’ve had some distractions recently though. Vic Beasley not playing and their 1st rd OT got a DUI this week. Yikes

htismaqe 09-14-2020 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15167145)
Titans seem like a regression candidate more-so than anyone else except SF but I hope they rape Denver.

They’ve had some distractions recently though. Vic Beasley not playing and their 1st rd OT got a DUI this week. Yikes

Yeah, it will be pretty hard for Tannehill to be Cinderella two years in a row.

That being said, they don't really need him to be tonight. If they can get Henry going, they're going to roll.

OKchiefs 09-14-2020 07:40 AM

How the F did shit teams like NYG and DEN land week 1 Monday night games? There were better matchups from yesterday to throw into primetime.

htismaqe 09-14-2020 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKchiefs (Post 15167148)
How the F did shit teams like NYG and DEN land week 1 Monday night games? There were better matchups from yesterday to throw into primetime.

Well Denver certainly got their game because of the time zone. The only real better game for that slot would have been SF/AZ but that was actually too good of a matchup to put in that late time slot.

As for the Giants, they're playing the Steelers.

bdlangton 09-14-2020 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 15167113)
Denver can have some fans IIRC

Denver is allowing fans starting with their 2nd home game.

cmh6476 09-14-2020 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 15167112)

huh? Was your volume down? Because I was listening to crowd noise watching the game last night. Or I was just really high, which would be odd because I wasn't smoking nothing.

Also, Donks win which means the best conference in the league starts the year 4-0.

Mile High Mania 09-14-2020 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdlangton (Post 15167176)
Denver is allowing fans starting with their 2nd home game.

Yeah, I haven't read anything recently about crowds, but believe game 1 is no crowds.

Denver will miss two key pieces tonight with Von and Courtland out, but that happens, so they'll have to step up. If they can contain Henry, they can win. If Henry sets the pace early, then it's going to be hard for Denver to keep up with Sutton out.

Denver has a lot of weapons, so it will be interesting to see how the young guys step up and how they plan to attack with that young WR group.

I think we're looking at a 4-8 point victory either way, but will project Denver winning it with a late drive, something like 26-20. Solid K starters for fantasy this week. :thumb:

Mile High Mania 09-14-2020 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmh6476 (Post 15167181)
huh? Was your volume down? Because I was listening to crowd noise watching the game last night. Or I was just really high, which would be odd because I wasn't smoking nothing.

Also, Donks win which means the best conference in the league starts the year 4-0.

https://sports.nbcsports.com/2020/09...ans-in-week-1/

No fans were at the game, so it was likely pumped in crowd noise.

cmh6476 09-14-2020 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 15167195)
Yeah, I haven't read anything recently about crowds, but believe game 1 is no crowds.

Denver will miss two key pieces tonight with Von and Courtland out, but that happens, so they'll have to step up. If they can contain Henry, they can win. If Henry sets the pace early, then it's going to be hard for Denver to keep up with Sutton out.

Denver has a lot of weapons, so it will be interesting to see how the young guys step up and how they plan to attack with that young WR group.

I think we're looking at a 4-8 point victory either way, but will project Denver winning it with a late drive, something like 26-20. Solid K starters for fantasy this week. :thumb:

I think no fans is a disadvantage for you. If the crowd was there, first game of the year it plays to your advantage. In an empty stadium it's basically playing on a neutral field. Titans should win.

smithandrew051 09-14-2020 08:23 AM

Pittsburgh defense has been really hyped up all offseason. They have a lot of talent, so I expect them to suffocate the Giants. Defense won’t decide the Steelers fate, QB play will.

I think Denver and Tennessee are both 7-9 to 10-6 teams. Not terrible, but not real contenders this year. That game could go either way. I think Denver winning probably helps the Chiefs more. Tennessee might go 6-0 in that awful division. Denver isn’t wining the West, so they won’t mess with our seeding. I only see 3 really obvious losses on Tennessee’s schedule: Steelers at home, at the Ravens, and at the Packers. With a few lucky breaks, they might have a record better than what they are.

htismaqe 09-14-2020 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmh6476 (Post 15167200)
I think no fans is a disadvantage for you. If the crowd was there, first game of the year it plays to your advantage. In an empty stadium it's basically playing on a neutral field. Titans should win.

Yeah, the fact that the Tennessee players don't have to worry about getting hit by random objects like batteries probably helps them settle in more.

eDave 09-14-2020 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmh6476 (Post 15167181)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 15167199)
https://sports.nbcsports.com/2020/09...ans-in-week-1/

No fans were at the game, so it was likely pumped in crowd noise.

Maybe it was me but I noticed right away that it was much quieter. I even took the time to contemplate who was actually cheering and came to the conclusion that it was the actual people in attendance. I.e. teams, support peeps, etc. I noted it here: https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...&postcount=955

It was nowhere near the volume of the screeching ubiquity all the previous games employed.

liquidlounge 09-14-2020 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 15167213)
I think Denver winning probably helps the Chiefs more. Tennessee might go 6-0 in that awful division. Denver isn’t wining the West, so they won’t mess with our seeding. I only see 3 really obvious losses on Tennessee’s schedule: Steelers at home, at the Ravens, and at the Packers. With a few lucky breaks, they might have a record better than what they are.

I agree. This would be a time to root for a division rival. I for one would love to see the Donks go 9-7 every year and keep Elway at the helm into his 80's:thumb:

FloridaMan88 09-14-2020 11:21 AM

I don't see anyway Joe Judge isn't the next Faketriots Way failure.

He seems to be already displaying the classic signs of Faketriots Way fail... obsessing over stupid "team culture" details that don't mean shit in regards to wins/losses, etc.

Chief Roundup 09-14-2020 11:26 AM

Having 2 MNF games is DUMB.

Mile High Mania 09-14-2020 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmh6476 (Post 15167200)

Well, they still have the altitude... amirite?

pugsnotdrugs19 09-14-2020 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 15167526)
Having 2 MNF games is DUMB.

Just for week 1, I don’t mind it.

htismaqe 09-14-2020 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 15167573)
Well, they still have the altitude... amirite?

And the Vaseline. :D

RunKC 09-14-2020 01:13 PM

This will be a good test for Drew Lock to see if the hype is real. Titans have a top 10 defense with a good secondary that added Kristian Fulton.

If the guy can’t produce with Jeudy, Sutton, Fant, Lindsay and Gordon surrounding him, then he won’t be a starter for long.

htismaqe 09-14-2020 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15167763)
This will be a good test for Drew Lock to see if the hype is real. Titans have a top 10 defense with a good secondary that added Kristian Fulton.

If the guy can’t produce with Jeudy, Sutton, Fant, Lindsay and Gordon surrounding him, then he won’t be a starter for long.

Sutton's injured.

Mile High Mania 09-14-2020 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15167767)
Sutton's injured.

Read there was a chance he could play, but that's likely just pre-game injury talk to keep them guessing.

htismaqe 09-14-2020 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 15167772)
Read there was a chance he could play, but that's likely just pre-game injury talk to keep them guessing.

https://external-content.duckduckgo....gif&f=1&nofb=1

wazu 09-14-2020 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15167763)

Don't be so hasty. Gotta give him at least a few years to develop.

htismaqe 09-14-2020 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 15167856)

Hopefully the Broncos will give him like 8-10 years to develop. That way the Chiefs don't heave to worry about them for the foreseeable future.

ptlyon 09-14-2020 02:04 PM

If Elway drafted him, he sucks

Megatron96 09-14-2020 03:17 PM

Been out of town since Sunday last week, so I haven't had any time to do my due diligence, so from the gut, I like PIT and DEN.

Mecca 09-14-2020 03:17 PM

I think Denver is the darling pick that just doesn't click and they end up 5-11.

KChiefs1 09-14-2020 03:19 PM

I'm hoping Danny Dimes & Saquon kick the shit outta the Steelers.

htismaqe 09-14-2020 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15168021)
I think Denver is the darling pick that just doesn't click and they end up 5-11.

Yup.

RunKC 09-14-2020 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15168021)

Nope. I want them at 7-9 or 8-8. Keep them as far away from Trevor Lawrence as possible

htismaqe 09-14-2020 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15168052)
Nope. I want them at 7-9 or 8-8. Keep them as far away from Trevor Lawrence as possible

They're not gonna win 8 games. That's gonna be really hard for them.

RunKC 09-14-2020 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15168062)
They're not gonna win 8 games. That's gonna be really hard for them.

Why is that? They won about that much with Flacco and Lock last year.

Raiders and Chargers aren’t better than them IMO. Jets, Panthers, Dolphins.

I think they’ll be around that range

htismaqe 09-14-2020 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15168112)

I think both the Raiders and Chargers finish ahead of them strictly because of the style of ball they play.

I have absolutely zero faith in Lock, especially when they've already lost Miller and any further injuries could cripple them.

Pasta Little Brioni 09-14-2020 04:01 PM

Debver has alot of weapons ROFL ROFL ROFL

staylor26 09-14-2020 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15168112)

Because unlike you we all realize that Lock is a turd and destined to disappoint behind that OL with expectations as high as they are.

RunKC 09-14-2020 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15168121)
I think both the Raiders and Chargers finish ahead of them strictly because of the style of ball they play.

I have absolutely zero faith in Lock, especially when they've already lost Miller and any further injuries could cripple them.

Did you watch the Chargers yesterday? I have no idea how that team will score points at all.

And yeah I think most people here would take Lock over Carr at this point.

staylor26 09-14-2020 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15168144)
Did you watch the Chargers yesterday? I have no idea how that team will score points at all.

The Chargers aren’t going to score a lot of points. That’s for sure. They’re definitely a sleeper for a top 5 pick as long as Tyrod’s their QB.

However, even without Derwin, their defense if legit and capable of shutting down any offense in the NFL outside of the Chiefs.

And the only reason anybody is taking Lock over Carr is the unknown factor, because there’s no proof that Lock is better today.

htismaqe 09-14-2020 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15168144)

They're not always going to need to score a lot of points. They're going to play Martyball and even without James, that defense is decent. They're going to win more than a few games 13-10 or 17-14.

And anybody that would take Lock over Carr is thinking solely about the future. Carr is good for 8 wins a year at least.

Lock might eventually get there but not this year, not behind that line. They're a 5 or 6 win team this year.

htismaqe 09-14-2020 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15168150)
The Chargers aren’t going to score a lot of points. That’s for sure. They’re definitely a sleeper for a top 5 pick as long as Tyrod’s their QB.

However, even without Derwin, their defense if legit and capable of shutting down any offense in the NFL outside of the Chiefs.

And the only reason anybody is taking Lock over Carr is the unknown factor, because there’s no proof that Lock is better today.

You stole my thunder! :D

RunKC 09-14-2020 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15168150)

Lock scored 23 on the Chargers in his first game. He also beat the Raiders.

I just don’t see the Chargers doing anything unless Herbert turns into something quickly.

Raiders and Broncos are pretty average to me. I see them both being around 7-9 to 8-8, which is what they were last year.

staylor26 09-14-2020 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15168162)

I just don’t see the Chargers doing anything unless Herbert turns into something quickly.

Raiders and Broncos are pretty average to me. I see them both being around 7-9 to 8-8, which is what they were last year.

Dude, you did this same shit with Carr (the irony) and Mayfield. It’s like deja vu. I don’t care what Lock did in his first few starts, just like I didn’t with those guys.

There’s zero proof that Lock is better than Carr today.

Sassy Squatch 09-14-2020 04:30 PM

Really curious to see Ben. With his age and that injury not expecting much.

staylor26 09-14-2020 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15168180)
Really curious to see Ben. With his age and that injury not expecting much.

I am, at least for tonight.

The Giants, like the Jets, have an AWFUL defense on paper. They’re going to be one of those defenses where you start guys in fantasy specifically because they’re playing them.

htismaqe 09-14-2020 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15168162)

Mayfield set a rookie record for TD's. He's hot garbage now.

Lock beat one good team last year, the Texans. And that's likely because nobody had any film on him.

His other wins were against teams that had basically given up. Not only that but his worst performance as a starter (other than the Chiefs) was against a Raiders defense that was flat out awful.

RunKC 09-14-2020 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15168174)
There’s zero proof that Lock is better than Carr today.

Here’s my proof :thumb:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...ght=Derek+carr

MahomesMagic 09-14-2020 04:56 PM

Got my team autodrafted as I wasn't available. Immediately trade TY Hilton for Jerry Jeudy. Excited to see him tonight.

pugsnotdrugs19 09-14-2020 05:01 PM

Steelers 24
Giants 13

staylor26 09-14-2020 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15168196)

LMAO :clap:

I might be making a similar thread for Lock by mid season! :)

St. Patty's Fire 09-14-2020 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 15167856)

He’s in the same division as Patrick Mahomes

Unless he develops super powers Lock is a patsy

pugsnotdrugs19 09-14-2020 05:13 PM

Jones looks good early

Easy 6 09-14-2020 05:16 PM

Steelers, LOL

DRM08 09-14-2020 05:16 PM

How cow Steelers. LMAO

CasselGotPeedOn 09-14-2020 05:17 PM

Saw that one coming

Baby Lee 09-14-2020 05:18 PM

Oof Maloof what a muff.

https://media.tenor.com/images/d5bd7...ee64/tenor.gif

eDave 09-14-2020 05:19 PM

That's just not being on the same page.

smithandrew051 09-14-2020 05:24 PM

Which defensive trio would you rather build around?

Jones-Clark-Mathieu

Or

Watt-Bush-Fitzpatrick

CasselGotPeedOn 09-14-2020 05:26 PM

Colquitt with a bad first punt

Chieftain 09-14-2020 05:28 PM

Big Rape is washed up. I don't get the Steelers hype this season. They might not even make the playoffs. Their is no juice in that offense. Just a bunch of role players and an old QB passed his prime.

htismaqe 09-14-2020 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 15168303)
Which defensive trio would you rather build around?

Jones-Clark-Mathieu

Or

Watt-Bush-Fitzpatrick

Not really the same because of scheme, especially comparing Watt with Clark.

I'd take Jones over all of them. Minkah is great and I'd probably take him over Tyrann solely because of youth.

But Jones is better than all of them. He's completely unique. Nobody in the NFL compares except Aaron Donald.

CasselGotPeedOn 09-14-2020 05:29 PM

Giants with 2 pathetic drops already

Sassy Squatch 09-14-2020 05:29 PM

Jesus Christ Thomas ****ing blew that.

htismaqe 09-14-2020 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chieftain (Post 15168311)
Big Rape is washed up. I don't get the Steelers hype this season. They might not even make the playoffs. Their is no juice in that offense. Just a bunch of role players and an old QB passed his prime.

That defense is legit.

It's the first game of a season with no preseason games or programs. Of course Ben looks rusty after being injured all last season.

smithandrew051 09-14-2020 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15168313)
Not really the same because of scheme, especially comparing Watt with Clark.

I'd take Jones over all of them. Minkah is great and I'd probably take him over Tyrann solely because of youth.

But Jones is better than all of them. He's completely unique. Nobody in the NFL compares except Aaron Donald.

Yeah the schemes are different, but you would adjust your scheme based on which you choose.

Its a tough call really.

htismaqe 09-14-2020 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 15168324)
Yeah the schemes are different, but you would adjust your scheme based on which you choose.

Its a tough call really.

Chris Jones can play 5T or anywhere in the 4-3. It's simple, I take Jones and anybody that comes with him over the 3 from the Steelers. He's that special.

pugsnotdrugs19 09-14-2020 05:35 PM

Steelers look a lot like last year so far which isn’t enough to beat Baltimore

Sassy Squatch 09-14-2020 05:35 PM

Ben already looks like he's in pain.

ChiefsCountry 09-14-2020 05:35 PM

This game feels like a preseason game.

staylor26 09-14-2020 05:35 PM

Steelers OL is struggling early.

Easy 6 09-14-2020 05:36 PM

James Conner might be the most boring starting back in the NFL

htismaqe 09-14-2020 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 15168333)

A lot can change in 16 weeks.

staylor26 09-14-2020 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 15168333)

Their defense is still good enough to completely shut that offense down.

The Titans didn’t need to be spectacular offensively to win that playoff game...

Baby Lee 09-14-2020 05:37 PM

HUGE pushoff.

No one?!??!