ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs To those going to the game: Please follow the Chiefs rules today. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=333481)

BigRedChief 09-10-2020 06:28 AM

To those going to the game: Please follow the Chiefs rules today.

16K in the stands sucks compared to 80K but its better than zero. Last I heard a couple of days ago, only a handful of teams in the NFL are even allowing fans in the stands.

If the announcers are spending their time on the broadcast pointing out how fans are violating the Chiefs rules it will embarrass the city and us as a fan base.

Just suck it up, follow the Chiefs rules and maybe we can get more fans in the stands in future games if we prove we can follow the rules. More fans in the stands helps our team play better, make comebacks and provide morale boosts. Just do it!

Bugeater 09-10-2020 06:33 AM

Ok, Mecca

stevieray 09-10-2020 06:34 AM

please stop, dougie.

Pasta Little Brioni 09-10-2020 06:35 AM

Dude...

ChiTown 09-10-2020 06:36 AM

They’ll either follow the rules or not. But come on, embarrass the City and the Fan Base? Get over yourself. I can guarantee you that the Chiefs Staff will have People throughout the Stadium helping to enforce as best they can. So, stop clutching your pearls and just enjoy the game.

Titty Meat 09-10-2020 06:49 AM

I'm leaving my mask in the car so I can cheer louder

F150 09-10-2020 06:49 AM

Sure dad

Mr_Tomahawk 09-10-2020 06:50 AM

I'm sorry.

KCUnited 09-10-2020 06:52 AM

Oh Gary!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-a2YQ8f16QI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

cmh6476 09-10-2020 07:01 AM

I promise not to spill beer on the person in front of me

KurtCobain 09-10-2020 07:09 AM

I actually do hope this goes well by their bull crap standards because I'd like to see it be opened up more soon.

Eleazar 09-10-2020 07:09 AM

Thanks mom

BigRedChief 09-10-2020 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmh6476 (Post 15156926)
I promise not to spill beer on the person in front of me

Thats acceptable. Spilling beer on your fellow Chief fans is not a violation of the Chief rules. And its a time honored tradition. Also, keep the spilled nachos off the stairs.

Hog's Gone Fishin 09-10-2020 07:20 AM

I'm with BRC. Don't **** this up. Your ability to attend the rest of the season depends on you not ****ing up today

wazu 09-10-2020 07:30 AM

From what I understand the "rules" are basically wear a mask, but you can take it off while eating or drinking. My prediction is you'll have the vast majority of people walk into the stadium wearing a mask. Most will then buy a beer or a soda and take a seat and remove their mask to drink it. And then cameras will pan over the stands showing all of the horrible Kansas City people "breaking the rules". There's no winning this bullshit. Nothing you do will be "enough".

I'm going and will follow the rules, but I don't give a damn what the national media or audience chooses to pick apart. Screw them. Screw this entire situation.

Bugeater 09-10-2020 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 15156955)
From what I understand the "rules" are basically wear a mask, but you can take it off while eating or drinking. My prediction is you'll have the vast majority of people walk into the stadium wearing a mask. Most will then buy a beer or a soda and take a seat and remove their mask to drink it. And then cameras will pan over the stands showing all of the horrible Kansas City people "breaking the rules". There's no winning this bullshit. Nothing you do will be "enough".

I'm going and will follow the rules, but I don't give a damn what the national media or audience chooses to pick apart. Screw them. Screw this entire situation.

Nah they'll be too busy cramming BLM propaganda down our throats to play Mask Mafia.

TwistedChief 09-10-2020 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 15156955)

They're raising a Super Bowl banner tonight, dude. Enjoy yourself.

wazu 09-10-2020 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 15156977)
They're raising a Super Bowl banner tonight, dude. Enjoy yourself.

Thanks, I plan to. The actual gameday experience itself sounds kind of fascinating. I'll have nobody else in my row. Nobody I have to stand up for 90 times as they run back and forth to the bathroom. Feels like I'm going to have my own private Chiefs game! :thumb:

O.city 09-10-2020 08:03 AM

Are you like this in real life?

Eleazar 09-10-2020 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15157005)

If people are at high risk I don't blame them for being fearful. Just don't go to the game then. This is outdoors with people not seated near each other. For the rest of us it's a low risk situation.

Bugeater 09-10-2020 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15157005)

He actually isn't, nicest guy you'll ever meet. Dead serious.

BWillie 09-10-2020 08:13 AM

It is important to follow the rules because he's right. We want to make sure fans can keep going to these games too. Fans in the stand helps the Chiefs on the field.

SuperChief 09-10-2020 08:13 AM

Making sure the Chiefs can't have fans in the stadium to own the libs. This board never disappoints :shrug:LMAO

Bugeater 09-10-2020 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperChief (Post 15157022)
Making sure the Chiefs can't have fans in the stadium to own the libs. This board never disappoints :shrug:LMAO

Who has said a ****ing thing about owning libs?

BigRedChief 09-10-2020 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 15156943)
I'm with BRC. Don't **** this up. Your ability to attend the rest of the season depends on you not ****ing up today

That the point. The Chiefs are a private business. They can make any rule they chose to make. You can either follow their rules or don’t patronize their business in person.
I’d like to see a full stadium by years end. Maybe 1/2 full? Definitely more than 16K. That ain’t happening if fans don’t follow the rules. That’s just a fact. That’s the reality.

DJJasonp 09-10-2020 08:49 AM

NBC news this morning (national) is already making this a narrative.......so good luck with this.

Quick tip: Any attending who gets tested for the rona.......take the same test the NFL players have been taking, as it apparently never pulls a 'positive'.

ChiTown 09-10-2020 08:56 AM

Quote:

Talk about a ****ing reach. Geezus....

TomBarndtsTwin 09-10-2020 08:57 AM

Quote:

And . . . . it took all of 23 posts to attempt to turn this into another DC thread.

Cool.

BigCatDaddy 09-10-2020 09:03 AM

Quote:

WTF? RR this dipshit.

Bugeater 09-10-2020 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 15157105)
Talk about a ****ing reach. Geezus....

We all know the truth doesn't matter when there's a narrative to push.

Wisconsin_Chief 09-10-2020 09:06 AM

10000%. I don't care what your personal views are on the subject. Wear the masks and socially distance. The last thing we need is a bunch of Twitter lunatics causing a stir because people aren't following the guidelines. This is a great chance to get fans back in the stands for all sports. We need to set the example.

We are one of five teams in this entire league allowing fans. If even one single case is traced back to Arrowhead that will be taken away at the snap of a finger. Do not allow that to happen.

FloridaMan88 09-10-2020 09:07 AM

I'll be going to the "other" football game taking place tonight... Miami vs UAB college football game at Hard Rock Stadium (in a suite with the Chiefs game on TV with audio) and they sent us this e-mail notification in advance regarding masks, which I would imagine will be a similar protocol at Arrowhead as well...

Quote:

Guest Experience Ushers will utilize a “Please Wear Your Mask” sign.

If guest is observed not wearing a mask they will be issued a final warning card. The usher will report the incident to the command post and command post will monitor the guest through video surveillance.

If guest is observed or reported to not be wearing a mask after being issued a final warning card then guest will be ejected from the stadium by the WESS SRT and MDPD.

Bugeater 09-10-2020 09:14 AM

I cannot wrap my mind around all this concern about how many fans are in the stadium at any point this season. There will never be enough allowed for it to have any semblance of normalcy.

ChiTown 09-10-2020 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 15157120)
We all know the truth doesn't matter when there's a narrative to push.

There was absolutely nothing political about any of the responses............ until he posted his response. So yeah, he was definitely pushing something.

That said, Let's Go!

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/37/f1...ab0d5ba0c1.gif

Perineum Ripper 09-10-2020 09:23 AM

Quote:

What in the hell are you talking about? Why do you show up and shit out something political and stupid in almost every thread you post in?

gblowfish 09-10-2020 09:37 AM

Just follow the rules and everything will be fine. I worry more about Texan fans. Why would they give a flip about following the rules? They're not coming back to Arrowhead anyway.

FloridaMan88 09-10-2020 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 15157165)
Just follow the rules and everything will be fine. I worry more about Texan fans. Why would they give a flip about following the rules? They're not coming back to Arrowhead anyway.

Texans have fans?

TomBarndtsTwin 09-10-2020 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 15157165)

BAN all opposing fans! :D

Iowanian 09-10-2020 09:44 AM

Rules were made to be broken.

Tonka83 09-10-2020 10:06 AM

I do what I want.

TomBarndtsTwin 09-10-2020 10:08 AM

Don’t tread on me.

Titty Meat 09-10-2020 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief (Post 15157123)
10000%. I don't care what your personal views are on the subject. Wear the masks and socially distance. The last thing we need is a bunch of Twitter lunatics causing a stir because people aren't following the guidelines. This is a great chance to get fans back in the stands for all sports. We need to set the example.

We are one of five teams in this entire league allowing fans. If even one single case is traced back to Arrowhead that will be taken away at the snap of a finger. Do not allow that to happen.

Go **** yourself I dont even wear condoms

scho63 09-10-2020 10:18 AM

If somehow there are ANY Texans fans in the stands, that would suck!

eDave 09-10-2020 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 15157237)
Go **** yourself I dont even wear condoms

Your mom wishes your dad did.

eDave 09-10-2020 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 15157245)
If somehow there are ANY Texans fans in the stands, that would suck!

How could that even happen?

Pasta Little Brioni 09-10-2020 10:34 AM

Tell them they can't boo the kneellers while you're at it...that will go over well

DJJasonp 09-10-2020 10:35 AM

Ironic how much concern the media has for a 26% full stadium....but yet Costco packs em in like sardines and no one bats an eye!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigRedChief 09-10-2020 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 15157254)
How could that even happen?

In a "normal" game a % of the total are allocated for the visiting team to purchase. Is that still true in a pandemic when only a handfull of NFL teams are even allowing fans into the stands? Also do the Texan's family, friends, staff get to attend in person?

htismaqe 09-10-2020 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJasonp (Post 15157299)
Ironic how much concern the media has for a 26% full stadium....but yet Costco packs em in like sardines and no one bats an eye!

Walmart has a 50-person "mandatory" store capacity here and there's consistently over 100 people in there, including 30+ shelf stockers that are only supposed to be stocking overnight (they switched from closing at midnight to closing at 8pm to stock shelves).

The rules just don't apply if you can buy the right people apparently.

BigRedChief 09-10-2020 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 15157012)
He actually isn't, nicest guy you'll ever meet. Dead serious.

Blowing my cover. :)

Pasta Little Brioni 09-10-2020 10:41 AM

Fan restrictions are a joke.

htismaqe 09-10-2020 10:43 AM

I have to ask, does anybody care about the optics?

Because some of the people that said LDT had "bad form" are here saying "screw how this looks to the rest of the country".

And there's people here saying that we need to be on our best behavior because it matters how we are perceived, but vehemently deny that LDT did anything wrong.

When did hypocrisy take a backseat to partisanship? Come on guys, think about this a little bit. It's not that hard.

MMXcalibur 09-10-2020 10:45 AM

This is what you're looking at tonight x 16,000:

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/...resdefault.jpg

O.city 09-10-2020 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJasonp (Post 15157299)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15157307)
Walmart has a 50-person "mandatory" store capacity here and there's consistently over 100 people in there, including 30+ shelf stockers that are only supposed to be stocking overnight (they switched from closing at midnight to closing at 8pm to stock shelves).

The rules just don't apply if you can buy the right people apparently.

True.

But theoretically, we have to have groceries, toilet paper etc that we get at those stores to survive.

We don't have to pack into football stadiums to survive.

Well, some people don't. I do.

eDave 09-10-2020 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15157321)

Because some of the people that said LDT had "bad form" are here saying "screw how this looks to the rest of the country".

And there's people here saying that we need to be on our best behavior because it matters how we are perceived, but vehemently deny that LDT did anything wrong.

When did hypocrisy take a backseat to partisanship? Come on guys, think about this a little bit. It's not that hard.

To me it's about setting an example to ensure other teams can follow suit. Conversely, Chiefs could decide to pull all the fans.

htismaqe 09-10-2020 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 15157330)
To me it's about setting an example to ensure other teams can follow suit.

Of course it is.

And while I'm opposed to sweeping government mandates, how hard is it to put on a mask when you're asked?

I wear one every time I go into a crowded place because I actually want people to know I care about how they feel about it, regardless of how I feel about it.

I think everybody here wants to see more football this year. I hope we also realize, deep down, that if we keep separating ourselves into two camps and digging in our heals, that's not going to happen.

There are times when we have to realize that our personal behavior does affect others and doing what is right by others is ALWAYS right, regardless of whether you view your individual behavior (or the reason behind it) as right or wrong.

BigRedChief 09-10-2020 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15157321)

I don't know how other people really view this but my point has been stated many times, nothing to do with politics, hypocrisy or partisanship.

Only 5 teams out of 32 are even allowing fans in the stands as of today. We are lucky. It's a simple formula to me. The Chiefs make these rules. You agreed to those rules when you bought your ticket.

If 1% don't follow the Chiefs rules, no biggie. If >50% don't follow the rules they agreed to, we risk have no fans in the stands for future games.

Maybe some fans think it doesn't matter to have 16K fans in the stands or zero. I bet the players, coaches would rather have the 16K fans up in the stands. I think it matters. Just my opinion. Other opinions are free to differ.

htismaqe 09-10-2020 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15157349)
I don't know how other people really view this but my point has been stated many times, nothing to do with politics, hypocrisy or partisanship.

Only 5 teams out of 32 are even allowing fans in the stands as of today. We are lucky. It's a simple formula to me. The Chiefs make these rules. You agreed to those rules.

If 1% don't follow the Chiefs rules, no biggie. 50% don't follow the rules they agreed to, we risk have no fans in the stands for future games.

Maybe some fans think it doesn't matter to have 16K fans in the stands or zero. I think it matters. Just my opinion. Other opinions are free to differ.

I don't think anything you've said is political. But people here know how you feel about the larger subject (COVID-19) and are letting that color the commentary. And not just the people that disagree with you, the people that agree with you too.

The simple fact is that this place is 20 years old and it was founded because of political BS at the Star Board. Despite trying to create a special place to hide political talk, pretty much every regular here knows the political leanings of everybody else here.

And they just can't keep those biases out of the conversation. I'm just as guilty as anyone else most of the time but I'd like to think on this day, under these circumstances, we could all kind of look past it for a few hours.

For the sake of football.

Deberg_1990 09-10-2020 11:10 AM

If we act really good tonight, this will change the perception of 'flyover country, cow town, hillbillies'

so yes.

Graystoke 09-10-2020 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15157374)
For the sake of football.

IN!

Bugeater 09-10-2020 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 15157378)
If we act really good tonight, this will change the perception of 'flyover country, cow town, hillbillies'

so yes.

No, it won't.

htismaqe 09-10-2020 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 15157378)

so yes.

No, it probably won't. We had first-hand reports from members here that spectators at training camp were overwhelmingly compliant from what they saw and that didn't keep national talking heads from telling the exact opposite for a story.

This is about showing the NFL that it's safe to have people at games. Or not. Maybe it won't make a difference there either but isn't it worth a shot?

MahiMike 09-10-2020 11:22 AM

Just do whatever the hell you want and don't let anyone - I mean anyone - tell you what to do.

I'd love to see all the fans take their masks off, drop their pants and give the finger all at the same time.

If they don't want your money, fine.

htismaqe 09-10-2020 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 15157407)
Just do whatever the hell you want and don't let anyone - I mean anyone - tell you what to do.

I'd love to see all the fans take their masks off, drop their pants and give the finger all at the same time.

And as for the people that might want to attend a game later in the season, wearing masks or not? **** them, right?

Bugeater 09-10-2020 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15157400)
No, it probably won't. We had first-hand reports from members here that spectators at training camp were overwhelmingly compliant from what they saw and that didn't keep national talking heads from telling the exact opposite for a story.

This is about showing the NFL that it's safe to have people at games. Or not. Maybe it won't make a difference there either but isn't it worth a shot?

People are going to see what they want to see, nothing can change that. And why do you care? Are you planning on trying to go to a game?

gblowfish 09-10-2020 11:25 AM

Quote:

The information the Chiefs sent me was you have to follow the rules or be removed from the stadium. It's basically just wear a mask and sit where you are assigned. Not exactly hard rules to follow. If you have a beer in your hand the whole time, you don't even have to wear a mask. Sure, you'll spend $200 on beer, but that's the cost of freedom.

htismaqe 09-10-2020 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 15157418)
People are going to see what they want to see, nothing can change that. And why do you care? Are you planning on trying to go to a game?

I would like to at some point and I'm sure many others would as well. If tonight is a dumpster fire, that likely becomes impossible. There's 15 more games after this one. No fans for the rest of the year would pretty much suck, regardless of which "side" you're on.

Bugeater 09-10-2020 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15157423)
I would like to at some point and I'm sure many others would as well. If tonight is a dumpster fire, that likely becomes impossible. There's 15 more games after this one. No fans for the rest of the year would pretty much suck, regardless of which "side" you're on.

I doubt anyone that is going to the cost and trouble of attending is going with the intention of being outright defiant. Unfortunately, i feel like the fate of future games is going to be on how the media chooses to frame it. I will be ****ing livid if the broadcast starts focusing on any non-compliance. That's up to the organization to handle.

htismaqe 09-10-2020 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 15157437)
I doubt anyone that is going to the cost and trouble of attending is going with the intention of being outright defiant. Unfortunately, i feel like the fate of future games is going to be on how the media chooses to frame it. I will be ****ing livid if the broadcast starts focusing on any non-compliance. That's up to the organization to handle.

I think that's a fair stance.

penguinz 09-10-2020 11:37 AM

Quote:

Your and idiot.

htismaqe 09-10-2020 11:38 AM

Quote:

I guess if there's one hope, the network will most likely be so focused on the new social messaging that the mask stuff gets overlooked. :D

OrtonsPiercedTaint 09-10-2020 11:40 AM

It's not my fault they decided to let people attend

Bugeater 09-10-2020 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15157449)
I guess if there's one hope, the network will most likely be so focused on the new social messaging that the mask stuff gets overlooked. :D

I basically said as much earlier in the thread, and now it's a tight race to see whether that post gets highlighted or hidden. LMAO

Raiderhater 09-10-2020 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15157338)
Of course it is.

And while I'm opposed to sweeping government mandates, how hard is it to put on a mask when you're asked?

I wear one every time I go into a crowded place because I actually want people to know I care about how they feel about it, regardless of how I feel about it.

I think everybody here wants to see more football this year. I hope we also realize, deep down, that if we keep separating ourselves into two camps and digging in our heals, that's not going to happen.

There are times when we have to realize that our personal behavior does affect others and doing what is right by others is ALWAYS right, regardless of whether you view your individual behavior (or the reason behind it) as right or wrong.

My problem with this is that it always is one side that has to compromise for the good of the other side. It’s been that way all of my life, and I know I’m no where near the only one fed up with it. Unless the other side starts showing some consideration, expect the heels to just dig in deeper.

dlphg9 09-10-2020 11:42 AM

I guarantee their will be multiple ****ing articles describing how shitty we are and that were a bunch of country bumpkins. It will have several pics of Chiefs fans without masks. Also they will throw in how were the same organization that welcomes woman beaters with open arms and that we outright mock Native Americans.

And I wont give half a ****ing shit either. Suck my nuts Fat Brooke and anyone else that remotely thinks that way.

Fish 09-10-2020 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15157449)

There's a good chance that's what happens. The players have already been saying they have something planned for the game...

Quote:

And three minutes before kickoff here in Kansas City, as a national audience of millions watches from their homes, Chiefs players will likely turn the reminders outward.

To you.

With a gesture they’ve declined to publicly reveal ahead of time, they expect to step aside from football and place the spotlight once more on a topic that has enveloped Main Streets across the country.

Social justice.

Or social injustice.

Chiefs and Texans players have hinted they will prompt all of us to examine a real-world problem, all the while knowing some have craved this game as an avenue in which to briefly ignore it. They aren’t revealing what the act will entail — a kneel during the anthem, a fist in the air, an article of clothing with a message or some sort of alternative —but they have implied a plan to do something.

Something that might tick off some of you at home who would prefer athletes stick to sports and shut up and play, like gladiators inside a coliseum.

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nf...245595885.html

tk13 09-10-2020 11:45 AM

Quote:

Eh given how psycho some people are about wearing a mask I wouldn't be so sure. I can see the ushers having some real knockdown battles. I wouldn't want to be them. Just look at the 12 million videos of people throwing a fit in a store. This whole pandemic has really revealed the number of people who get off on trolling.

htismaqe 09-10-2020 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 15157460)
My problem with this is that it always is one side that has to compromise for the good of the other side. It’s been that way all of my life, and I know I’m no where near the only one fed up with it. Unless the other side starts showing some consideration, expect the heels to just dig in deeper.

I know it doesn't seem fair but the only way to completely guarantee that we always remain divided is for you to refuse to compromise. Be an example, it may just work.

htismaqe 09-10-2020 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 15157469)
There's a good chance that's what happens. The players have already been saying they have something planned for the game...

What a great article. Until the last sentence. They just had to get that in there, didn't they?

dirk digler 09-10-2020 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 15157330)
To me it's about setting an example to ensure other teams can follow suit. Conversely, Chiefs could decide to pull all the fans.

I agree. Also the more likely scenario would be the city\county not allowing the Chiefs to have fans if there are any issues.