ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ESPN: Who in NFL history would you draft No. 1 overall (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=332091)

Tribal Warfare 06-26-2020 10:33 PM

ESPN: Who in NFL history would you draft No. 1 overall

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eT7Kc8aJDdI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/y8jRMzcVtYA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

lcarus 06-26-2020 10:40 PM

If Jimmy G makes that throw, Mahomes performance would have been even more amazing and clutch. He would've had plenty of time and I have no doubt Patrick wins that game.

KurtCobain 06-26-2020 10:51 PM

The Mahomie from the Show Me.

DRM08 06-26-2020 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 15040057)
If Jimmy G makes that throw, Mahomes performance would have been even more amazing and clutch. He would've had plenty of time and I have no doubt Patrick wins that game.

Very strange how people forget that the clock still had 90 seconds and the Chiefs had 3 timeouts to play with. They also have Mahomes & Reid, two extremely talented people running the show on that side of the ball. I really don't think the Niners would have shut them down in that scenario.

Pitt Gorilla 06-26-2020 11:46 PM

I think Mahomes is the correct pick, but I don't hate the Ozzie Newsome pick either.

bringbackmarty 06-26-2020 11:53 PM

Mahomes. Dude is better than Bacon.

Demonpenz 06-27-2020 12:06 AM

that Insurance line was a good one

Rain Man 06-27-2020 12:46 AM

"The best version of Patrick Mahomes ... no one would argue that he's not better than Tom Brady."

I love it. And our guy doesn't even have to cheat.

carcosa 06-27-2020 01:47 AM

PATRICK MOTHER****ING MAHOMES!!!!!

Sorry 06-27-2020 03:29 AM

Imagine thinking mahomes is goat with the goat offensive weapons and offensive oriented coach

eDave 06-27-2020 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 15040097)
Very strange how people forget that the clock still had 90 seconds and the Chiefs had 3 timeouts to play with. They also have Mahomes & Reid, two extremely talented people running the show on that side of the ball. I really don't think the Niners would have shut them down in that scenario.

Mahome's wasn't losing that game. No way, no how. I knew that when he got hit hard and low early and came up jawing. Niners were patting him on the head when he was jawing. They new they had a long night ahead of them.

Best22 06-27-2020 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorry (Post 15040195)
Imagine thinking mahomes is goat with the goat offensive weapons and offensive oriented coach

If he had “goat” offensive weapons he’d have 2 rings by now

KChiefs1 06-27-2020 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 15040051)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eT7Kc8aJDdI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://youtu.be/CQqjAZnc_wE

KChiefs1 06-27-2020 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 15040182)

https://youtu.be/Ds8ILDJsBhk

JD10367 06-27-2020 07:13 AM

"Who in history would you draft #1 overall"? This question is ambiguous.

If you're talking, "Who, in his prime, would you draft right now to start building the best team you could," then you might say Brady, you might say Mahomes, you might say LT, you might say Montana or Marino or Deion Sanders or Jim Brown... Lots of choices.

If you're talking, "Who, if you could go back, would you draft #1 overall, knowing now what you know", how can you say Mahomes? He's played excellently for two seasons. Two seasons is not a career. We have no ideas what the future holds. What if he gets injured? Is two seasons of Mahomes better than the entire career of a Johnny Unitas or a Brett Favre? On the other hand, how can you say Brady, since we don't yet have an answer to the question of, "Was it Belichick or was it Brady"? What if the young Brady drafted today gets stuck with a shit coach? Would his individual talents transcend that or is a more physically gifted Mahomes the better choice?

DJJasonp 06-27-2020 07:34 AM

outside of mahomes........

A healthy, 100% committed to Football........Vincent Edward Bo Jackson.

Red Dawg 06-27-2020 07:37 AM

Jim Brown if not Mahomes. Maybe LT.

Demonpenz 06-27-2020 08:23 AM

Favre

big nasty kcnut 06-27-2020 08:57 AM

Barry ****ing sanders!

ThaVirus 06-27-2020 08:59 AM

LOL at anyone picking anything other than QB.

It's gotta be Mahomes, P. Manning or Tom Brady.

DJJasonp 06-27-2020 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 15040333)
LOL at anyone picking anything other than QB.

It's gotta be Mahomes, P. Manning or Tom Brady.

Heh - but can they do this:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/98tX2Y9X_yA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

O.city 06-27-2020 09:12 AM

I’d probably go manning. Sure sure Mahomes Mahomes but being a chiefs fan I’m gonna exclude him for now. I’m not objective towards him

I know what Manning can do to a franchise without the best coach In nfl history. He did it with 2 separate franchises. If I can have just an average coach, Manning can win with him. Maybe not deep in the playoffs cause he’ll run into better teams coaches etc, but over the long haul, he can.

Buns 06-27-2020 09:14 AM

Mahomes, Manning, or Brady. I don't believe we're having this conversation. :)

RunKC 06-27-2020 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15040338)
I’d probably go manning. Sure sure Mahomes Mahomes but being a chiefs fan I’m gonna exclude him for now. I’m not objective towards him

I know what Manning can do to a franchise without the best coach In nfl history. He did it with 2 separate franchises. If I can have just an average coach, Manning can win with him. Maybe not deep in the playoffs cause he’ll run into better teams coaches etc, but over the long haul, he can.

Pass. Manning was a choke artist in the playoffs and wasn’t the reason he won in Denver in 2015

SuperBowl4 06-27-2020 09:53 AM

Derrick Thomas

Jewish Rabbi 06-27-2020 10:06 AM

Sabby Piscatelli

carcosa 06-27-2020 11:05 AM

Quote:

GET ****ED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stumppy 06-27-2020 11:08 AM

Quote:

:doh!:

Gasp No you didn't.

Baby Lee 06-27-2020 11:21 AM

Parameters need some clarification, specifically are we talking about who we draft assuming things play out as they have, or just on potential, or do we assume fate is roughly the same.

Outside the usual QB primacy of today's NFL, one can make a case for long-time big-time contributors like Larry Allen, Willie Roaf, or the ageless Darrell Green.

There's also cases to be made for legends cut short by circumstance, some voluntary, some not, . . . . Jim Brown, Eric Dickerson, Gale Sayers.

Otter 06-27-2020 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 15040182)

:thumb:

lcarus 06-27-2020 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorry (Post 15040195)

I wouldn't say the Chiefs offensive line is even close to "goat". They had shit for a running game all last season. He has a "goat" TE in Kelce and a great speed WR in Tyreek Hill. But we saw Mahomes without Tyreek Hill for nearly half the season and he was still great. He was also without his starting left tackle for half the season and the replacement was dog shit. Still great.

But you could take away Kelce, Hill, Watkins, and anyone else you might want to use as the reason Mahomes is goat and guess what. He'd still be ****ing goat. Because guess what. He's goat. GOAT.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/content/...336f62EI5U.jpg

lcarus 06-27-2020 12:36 PM

Quote:

I'd personally take Mahomes or Joe Montana but Peyton Manning would give you greatness at QB for a long time and you can't be wrong for picking that.

BWillie 06-27-2020 12:43 PM

Greg Ostertag.

Oh wait we are talking about football?

Ricky Stanzi.

I'm actually disappointed we got Mahomes because now I can't drunkenly yell "PUT IN STANZI" anymore.

Redbled 06-27-2020 12:47 PM

Has to be a QB. Can’t fathom starting your team with any other position. If it’s simply based on talent and doesn’t come with Brady’s 6 rings it’s Mahomes and really no need for hesitation.

DRM08 06-27-2020 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Best22 (Post 15040203)

I don't know about that. But if the 2018 Chiefs had a defense with a pulse, he would have 2 rings right now. Even with the garbage defense, they were one silly offsides mistake from reaching Super Bowl. Extremely frustrating way to lose. :(

Chiefaholic 06-27-2020 02:56 PM

32 teams, 50 round draft, with zero salary cap implications. THAT would be fun.

1-1 Patrick Mother-******* Mahomes!!!!!!

lcarus 06-27-2020 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redbled (Post 15040596)
Has to be a QB. Can’t fathom starting your team with any other position. If it’s simply based on talent and doesn’t come with Brady’s 6 rings it’s Mahomes and really no need for hesitation.

Agreed. I'm getting my QB first, then a pass rusher, then a left tackle, then it's pretty much best player available. Of course I'd want to get an elite weapon or two for my QB pretty early.

O.city 06-27-2020 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15040358)
Pass. Manning was a choke artist in the playoffs and wasn’t the reason he won in Denver in 2015

He still won 2 sbs and was a shoe in for 12 wins every year.

I’ll start there

TwistedChief 06-27-2020 05:06 PM

If Mahomes follows his current trajectory, it’s not even close. He’d go down as the greatest sports athlete ever. If you want to assume he’s human, well, that’s another discussion.

Rain Man 06-27-2020 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15040862)
He still won 2 sbs and was a shoe in for 12 wins every year.

I’ll start there

One of those doesn't count. He was the 33rd-ranked quarterback in the league and the NFL gave him a farewell celebration.

GloucesterChief 06-27-2020 06:17 PM

Depends what era and what rules.

Sure Mahomes and Marino would probably be great any era but would Brady or Manning survive having a coked up LT looking to rip off their head every play?

Would they be effective with safeties like Lott and Lynch completely destroying any receiver coming over the middle? How about when corners could be much more physical?

ThaVirus 06-27-2020 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15040358)

He took four teams to the Super Bowl with two different franchises and four different head coaches.

Guy played in Indy for 10+ seasons and the only defenders I can remember were a couple pass rushers (whose productivity was no doubt boosted by playing on a team led by Peyton) and like 6 games worth of Bob Sanders.

Rain Man 06-27-2020 06:48 PM

If you're running a 32-team league and you were going to draft the first round, I think it would go like this.

1 Patrick Mahomes II
2 Peyton Manning
3 Otto Graham
4 Joe Montana
5 Dan Marino
6 Johnny Unitas
7 Don Hutson
8 Sammy Baugh
9 Aaron Rodgers
10 Jim Brown
11 Reggie White
12 Randy Moss
13 Roger Staubach
14 Brett Favre
15 Jerry Rice
16 Merlin Olsen
17 Mel Blount
18 Deion Sanders
19 Joe Greene
20 Barry Sanders
21 Anthony Munoz
22 Rod Woodson
23 Walter Payton
24 Lawrence Taylor
25 Fran Tarkenton
26 Alan Page
27 Tony Gonzalez
28 Jim Thorpe
29 Red Grange
30 Len Dawson
31 Ed Reed
32 Deacon Jones

Others that I considered in the first round are:

Bob Lilly
Bobby Bell
Buck Buchanan
Derrick Thomas
Doug Atkins
Earl Campbell
Ernie Nevers
Forrest Gregg
Jack Lambert
Jim Taylor
John Hannah
Kellen Winslow
Kevin Greene
Larry Allen
Larry Wilson
Marion Motley
Mel Hein
Orlando Pace
Randy White
Ronnie Lott
Will Shields
Willie Lanier
Willie Roaf

I excluded Tom Brady from this due to consistent allegations of cheating by his team, many of which have been proven to be true.

RustShack 06-27-2020 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut (Post 15040330)
Barry ****ing sanders!

Didn’t you know you can’t draft RB’s in the first round????

RustShack 06-27-2020 06:59 PM

Based on two seasons Mahomes is the easy choice. Manning would be the next option, based on career.

BUT if it’s with current offense/weapons/coach. Vick would be interesting.

Id still pick Mahomes.

BlackOp 06-27-2020 07:14 PM

I'd take Brett Favre or Montana over Peyton Manning..if I were starting a franchise from scratch.

Manning had a terrible record in the post-season...he had 8 or 9 "one and done" appearances.

They also didn't uses HGH.... to cheat the system.

Hog's Gone Fishin 06-28-2020 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Best22 (Post 15040203)

You mean if Dumbass Dee Ford had a ****ing brain he'd have 2 rings by now.

Get it RIGHT!!!

Marcellus 06-28-2020 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 15041336)
You mean if Dumbass Dee Ford had a ****ing brain he'd have 2 rings by now.

Get it RIGHT!!!

This is a fact.

Red Dawg 06-28-2020 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 15041026)
I'd take Brett Favre or Montana over Peyton Manning..if I were starting a franchise from scratch.

Manning had a terrible record in the post-season...he had 8 or 9 "one and done" appearances.

They also didn't uses HGH.... to cheat the system.

So did Favre. Montana is a solid choice.

Baby Lee 06-28-2020 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 15041357)
So did Favre. Montana is a solid choice.

Yeah, kind of weird to knock Manning's post-season and pimp Favre.

Manning in his prime suffered from deficits in the team, Favre in his prime more often went offbook and had a bigger hand in the loss.

He had a 6 [SIX!!, . . . 3 ret4TD] Int performance against the Rams in the playoffs.

DJ's left nut 06-28-2020 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefaholic (Post 15040747)
32 teams, 50 round draft, with zero salary cap implications. THAT would be fun.

1-1 Patrick Mother-******* Mahomes!!!!!!

In.

Time to recruit rainman as administrator

D.A.P. 06-28-2020 02:07 PM

Montana

smithandrew051 06-28-2020 02:47 PM

If I’m picking top 5, then I’m taking a QB first. Mahomes, Manning, Marino, Montana, Rodgers. One of them.

If I can’t get one of them, I’m loading up with the best pass rushers and defensive backs of all time in the first several rounds. If I can’t have one of the very best, then I’ll do my best to stop them. I can take a QB later and not see as much of a drop off compared to the drop off from the top tier all time to the second tier.

Pitt Gorilla 06-28-2020 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15041550)
In.

Time to recruit rainman as administrator

It might be fun, but I'm not sure I see the endgame. Everyone would have good teams with great players. How would one determine which is "better"?

lcarus 06-28-2020 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 15040985)
If you're running a 32-team league and you were going to draft the first round, I think it would go like this.

1 Patrick Mahomes II
2 Peyton Manning
3 Otto Graham
4 Joe Montana
5 Dan Marino
6 Johnny Unitas
7 Don Hutson
8 Sammy Baugh
9 Aaron Rodgers
10 Jim Brown
11 Reggie White
12 Randy Moss
13 Roger Staubach
14 Brett Favre
15 Jerry Rice
16 Merlin Olsen
17 Mel Blount
18 Deion Sanders
19 Joe Greene
20 Barry Sanders
21 Anthony Munoz
22 Rod Woodson
23 Walter Payton
24 Lawrence Taylor
25 Fran Tarkenton
26 Alan Page
27 Tony Gonzalez
28 Jim Thorpe
29 Red Grange
30 Len Dawson
31 Ed Reed
32 Deacon Jones

Others that I considered in the first round are:

Bob Lilly
Bobby Bell
Buck Buchanan
Derrick Thomas
Doug Atkins
Earl Campbell
Ernie Nevers
Forrest Gregg
Jack Lambert
Jim Taylor
John Hannah
Kellen Winslow
Kevin Greene
Larry Allen
Larry Wilson
Marion Motley
Mel Hein
Orlando Pace
Randy White
Ronnie Lott
Will Shields
Willie Lanier
Willie Roaf

I excluded Tom Brady from this due to consistent allegations of cheating by his team, many of which have been proven to be true.

I like the list. It's tough to have a list of that many greats and not have Ray Lewis on it though. Guessing he just didn't quite make your cut.

ClevelandBronco 06-28-2020 05:20 PM

Brady, Brown, Rice, Taylor. I’ll let you know in 10 to 15 years whether anyone else could crack that list.

Rain Man 06-28-2020 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 15041918)
I like the list. It's tough to have a list of that many greats and not have Ray Lewis on it though. Guessing he just didn't quite make your cut.

I know he made at least one other person's cut. (Mandatory murder joke.)

There's a glut of middle linebackers, which I suspect would push them down in a draft. Willie Lanier, Dick Butkus, Ray Lewis if you don't mind ego, Chuck Bednarik, Ray Nitschke, Brian Urlacher, Jack Lambert, and so on. For that reason, I think they'll all slip in the draft.

Defensive tackles are another overrepresented group. Who do you pick first when Alan Page, Buck Buchanan, Joe Greene, Merlin Olsen, Bob Lilly, and others are available?

And the odd thing is that if you look at the Hall of Fame, defensive ends are really underrepresented, and most of the ones in the Hall are not all-time top guys. In my opinion, the only defensive ends who could sneak into Round 1 would be Doug Atkins and Deacon Jones, and maybe Carl Eller.

tyton75 06-29-2020 03:03 PM

let me stir some sh*t... but it would be hard to pass up Elway/Marino/Peyton/Montana

A8bil 06-29-2020 04:07 PM

Too many empty stat choices with a lot of these picks (i.e., Marino).

Set Mahomes aside because the hype around him is off the charts (and deservedly so), but once you get past him, there are really only two choices in my mind. Montana -- a winner with ice in his veins. If any defensive player deserved to be chosen, the only real choice is LT. I've watched the NFL since the late 1960s, and the guy was just so dominant at arguably the most important position on defense. I was a huge fan of Ronnie Lott, who came into the league at the same time as LT, but even the most die hard 49er fans had to concede LT was the more impactful player.

ThaVirus 06-29-2020 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A8bil (Post 15043692)

Set Mahomes aside because the hype around him is off the charts (and deservedly so), but once you get past him, there are really only two choices in my mind. Montana -- a winner with ice in his veins. If any defensive player deserved to be chosen, the only real choice is LT. I've watched the NFL since the late 1960s, and the guy was just so dominant at arguably the most important position on defense. I was a huge fan of Ronnie Lott, who came into the league at the same time as LT, but even the most die hard 49er fans had to concede LT was the more impactful player.

Ideally you could draft a guy like Marino and change his career.

You can pick Montana but the unfair advantage he had before the salary cap isn't coming with him. You can pick Brady but Belichick and all the cheating doesn't come with him.

Rain Man 06-29-2020 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A8bil (Post 15043692)

He got no ring, but I stand by Marino as an ultra-high choice. I don't think anyone can find a flaw in his game that cost him a Super Bowl. I think he's the closest thing the NFL has ever had to Mahomes.

Tribal Warfare 06-29-2020 06:54 PM

Now if it were GOAT defensive player my 1A pick would be Reggie White

Bowser 06-29-2020 07:49 PM

NOT Cam Newton

Rain Man 06-29-2020 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 15044039)
Now if it were GOAT defensive player my 1A pick would be Reggie White

We are in full agreement.

DJ's left nut 06-29-2020 09:12 PM

1: Manning (sorry - too much track record)
2: Mahomes
3: Brees (best pure thrower of all time)
4: Brady
5: Aaron Rodgers
6: Steve Young
7: Joe Montana
8: Fran Tarkenton
9: Dan Marino
10: John Elway
11: Brett Favre
12: Jerry Rice
13: Anthony Munoz
14: Bart Starr
15: Deion Sanders
16: Len Dawson
17: Johnny Unitas
18: Walter Payton
19: Jim Brown
20: Randy Moss
21: Dan Foutes
22: Walter Jones
23: Barry Sanders
24: Reggie White
25: Marshall Faulk
26: Larry Allen
27: Bruce Smith
28: Lawrence Taylor
29: Sammy Baugh
30: Otto Graham
31: Ben Roethlisberger
32: Emmitt Smith

This list sucks, I'm sure. There are guys like Bruce Matthews that really needs to be on here and guys like Brown and Smith that I know are too low but that's just the way the league is now. Reggie being this low is brutal but I just can't get a defensive player higher than that. I had to put Deion in front of him given the present style of game.

EDIT: Looking at some other lists - I recognize that I'm overrating QBs but if you figure this is going to be a snake draft and I'm drafting in the top 15, I HAVE to come away with a quarterback because I'm gonna have a really hard time getting one at the back of the return in the 2nd round. If I'm trying to win an 'all-timers' game and I have to roll with Phillip Rivers, its gonna be damn tough when I'm butting heads w/ some of these elites. Maybe a Rivers/Ryan sort of thing can keep me hanging around, but I'd rather overdraft that QB a little bit.

GloucesterChief 06-29-2020 10:23 PM

I don't know how LT wouldn't be the first defensive player off the board. Great pass rusher and run defender and psychotic enough to truly put fear into the opposite QB.

Sure, the coke issues would probably be a problem in todays NFL...

Rain Man 06-29-2020 10:50 PM

It's hard to overrate quarterbacks in something like this.

If I was to guess who would be starting on the 32 teams, I'd rank them like this.

Tier 1
1 Patrick Mahomes II
2 Otto Graham
3 Peyton Manning
4 Joe Montana
5 Sammy Baugh
6 Dan Marino
7 Johnny Unitas
8 Brett Favre

Tier 2
9 Fran Tarkenton
10 Roger Staubach
11 Drew Brees
12 Aaron Rodgers
13 Warren Moon
14 Kurt Warner
15 Tom Brady (discount for cheating)
16 Len Dawson
17 Steve Young
18 Ben Roethlisberger

Tier 3
19 Joe Namath
20 Sonny Jurgensen
21 Randall Cunningham
22 Dan Fouts
23 Y.A. Tittle
24 Terry Bradshaw
25 Ken Anderson
26 Norm Van Brocklin
27 Bob Waterfield
28 Jim Kelly
29 Bobby Layne
30 Donovan McNabb
31 Bart Starr
32 Sid Luckmann

Mahomes_Is_God 06-30-2020 01:14 AM

God, obviously.

Tribal Warfare 06-30-2020 04:22 AM

OP updated

Easy 6 06-30-2020 05:11 AM

Too avoid being obvious I’ll forego Mahomes and take Montana

DJ's left nut 06-30-2020 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 15041855)
It might be fun, but I'm not sure I see the endgame. Everyone would have good teams with great players. How would one determine which is "better"?

Talk CD into uploading it into his simulator.

From what I can gather, this process is more complicated than putting a man on the moon...

Pitt Gorilla 06-30-2020 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15044611)
Talk CD into uploading it into his simulator.

From what I can gather, this process is more complicated than putting a man on the moon...

I imagine so.

Rain Man 06-30-2020 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 15045512)
I imagine so.

It'd be cool, but there'd be no way to accurately do that because we'd need detailed performance data on all of those players and some of them played before television existed.

DJ's left nut 07-01-2020 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 15045649)
It'd be cool, but there'd be no way to accurately do that because we'd need detailed performance data on all of those players and some of them played before television existed.

But you could presumably sub in the performance of a real-world proxy, couldn't you? A player more recent in time? Then correct a bit in the margins to address era.

Don't get me wrong - it's not worth the time/effort, but it's not MY time and effort I'm looking to waste on a completely worthless vanity project. It's CDs.

So if he could just get started on that, that'd be great...

Brody Wa 07-06-2020 12:25 PM

I’m a homer so it’s Patrick Mahomes.