ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Prayer Request Tell them now before it's too late. A chance to tell CP members you appreciate them. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=331238)

Sofa King 05-11-2020 06:06 PM

Tell them now before it's too late. A chance to tell CP members you appreciate them.

Every time someone passes from this board (or our lives) there is an "in memory" thread created and it always contains a lot of "I wish i met him/her" or "I wish I told him/her" how appreciated he/she was.

I feel like attempting a nice thread where you can tell important members that you appreciate them.

Sorry if this thread is already out there.

Try to leave the nonsense bullshit in another thread, keep this thread as on track and POSITIVE as we're able to have it please.

For mine, my main posting barrage came back in the days of Gonzo, lumpy, Mr. Plow, Pestilence, Luv, Loochy, Fritz88, etc and that bastard that beat me for the n00b of the year that year, drawing a blank on his name though. think around 2008-2009. Many of us have cooled off in recent years and I don't see as much posting from the old gang. I miss that gang. A lot of fun arcade stuff, we still had the personal wall with the ability to post individually on each others walls, constant pm's about silly things. It was lighthearted and seldomly ever was a bitching match. People seemed nicer and just didn't constantly BLAST others for differing opinions.

I know when i got a different job and switched from a cozy office job to an evening job trying to help kids with issues, I lost a TON of posting time. We had some extremely interesting threads during the time and more than once crashed the server for one of the race to 1,000 posts threads, gif wars, etc.

I appreciated those years and miss them. I switched jobs in 2013 I believe and CP hasn't been the same for me since. I've lost touch on some of those people and miss the interactions we used to have.

For my first appreciation post I'd like to point out that i really appreciate Loochy. That dude seems like he'd be a great person to be around. He's by far the most consistent posting on here at actually making me laugh out loud. I love his brand of humor and I think we'd probably be the worlds greatest best friends in real life. LMAO. I also know nothing about who loochy is in real life. Could be a homosexual axe murderer or a 3 foot tall woman. But she's the funniest 3 foot tall woman I'd know, I'm sure of that.

REDHOTGTO 05-11-2020 06:17 PM

i dont get enough time to post on here like i'd too, too busy doin other stuff, but the time i do spend on here i enjoy. the people on here make it enjoyable, too many too list but all you guys are cool and thanks for making this place.
i've even got to reconnect with childhood friend (hog farmer) so i guess he'd be the one that means the most to me. we played league baseball as kids together .
i'm gonna miss these guys that passed this month and will try to spend more time on here going forward, take care all of you.

Pablo 05-11-2020 06:26 PM

All the regulars in the food and drink threads are my boyz. Appreciate all of you, KCUnited to lew to Glory to Sorce. Don't go dying on me now.

notorious 05-11-2020 06:32 PM

This place is great. I need to make the effort to meet some of you guys.

Pablo 05-11-2020 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 14965668)
This place is great. I need to make the effort to meet some of you guys.

Yeah it really is. I need to make an effort to get back out and meet some folks again. Been kind of a hermit since I got hitched and had a kid, but the people I've met from here are all top notch. Just great people all around. Nzoner is an awesome dude that happened to live right across the road from my dad. This place is weird like that but I would have never probably made some functions if not for that and I'm very thankful I did.

007 05-11-2020 06:50 PM

Antifreeze

Why Not? 05-11-2020 06:59 PM

I appreciate all of you guys. I get a lot of my news here and it’s a great place to talk football and life-ish. I’m so busy(as most of us are)with work and the 8 and 11 year old, that I don’t do tons of things socially(when the world is normal). This place serves to fill that void for me. All the CPers I’ve meet are really nice people. I have nothing negative to say about anyone here.

TLO 05-11-2020 07:07 PM

I have too many to actually list, and I'd inevitably leave someone out that I don't mean to. This board is filled with kind hearted and good people. I have to give a special shout out to the gameday/discord chat crew. They know who they are.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/pix.iemoji....6/eggplant.png

TLO 05-11-2020 07:12 PM

This website really means a lot to me. I've probably spent the better part of 8 or 9 years here. It's almost surreal looking back at the person I was then compared to the person I am now. Sorry I don't mean to take a weird trip down memory lane here, I'm just realizing I spent the better part of my 20's and now into my 30's on this board.

threebag 05-11-2020 07:18 PM

:thumb:

BigRedChief 05-11-2020 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 14965592)
For mine, my main posting barrage came back in the days of Gonzo, lumpy, Mr. Plow, Pestilence, Luv, Loochy, Fritz88, etc and that bastard that beat me for the n00b of the year that year, drawing a blank on his name though. think around 2008-2009. Many of us have cooled off in recent years and I don't see as much posting from the old gang. I miss that gang. A lot of fun arcade stuff, we still had the personal wall with the ability to post individually on each others walls, constant pm's about silly things. It was lighthearted and seldomly ever was a bitching match. People seemed nicer and just didn't constantly BLAST others for differing opinions.

holy crap you lost out to no one.

2008 King of the N00bs poll:
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...ght=king+n00bs

2008 King of the N00bs discussion:

The past honorees:

2013 King of the N00bs: Aussiechiefsfan
2012 King of the n00bs: Sorter
2011 King of the n00bs: BoneKrusher
2010 King of the n00bs: Shogun
2009 King of the n00bs: Bosschief
2008 No one was deemed worthy
2007 King of the n00bs: Crazy Coffey
2006 King of the n00bs: Bill Parcells, D2112, Griswald etc.
2005 King of the n00bs: Fax

ChiTown 05-11-2020 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 14965794)
This website really means a lot to me. I've probably spent the better part of 8 or 9 years here. It's almost surreal looking back at the person I was then compared to the person I am now. Sorry I don't mean to take a weird trip down memory lane here, I'm just realizing I spent the better part of my 20's and now into my 30's on this board.

Twenty years and it’s flown by.

I’ve celebrated the wins and losses, the highs and lows, the births, the new jobs, marriages, anniversaries, to the job losses, divorces and unfortunately the passing of members. Through it all, we, for better or worse, had each other to go though those experiences. I couldn’t have picked a better bunch of lunatics to spend time with all these years. I love you all!

big nasty kcnut 05-11-2020 07:44 PM

I love all of you all. Celebrated and commiserate all my up and downs along with the team. Thou finally great to celebrate with you all when we finally got our trophy. Love you all.

EPodolak 05-11-2020 08:08 PM

It's been a memorable and sentimental year so far for CP, I dig it. Being pretty introverted I don't socialize (or post) very much, I know some of you guys better than you know me. Keep coming back for the variety I find here, CP is really a unique place full of quality people.

Stryker 05-11-2020 08:13 PM

Being an original since the very beginning, I have to say to ALL of my fellow Planeteers - I love you all and I am so grateful for the best of times and the worst of times. We FINALLY did it and I think that brought everyone together better than ever. To those who have left us - we will miss you all. We are ONE. Best of luck to all in this crazy new world and god speed to our
beloved C-H-I-E-F-S! :thumb::toast:

Sofa King 05-11-2020 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14965818)
holy crap you lost out to no one.

2008 King of the N00bs poll:

2008 King of the N00bs discussion:

The past honorees:

2013 King of the N00bs: Aussiechiefsfan
2012 King of the n00bs: Sorter
2011 King of the n00bs: BoneKrusher
2010 King of the n00bs: Shogun
2009 King of the n00bs: Bosschief
2008 No one was deemed worthy
2007 King of the n00bs: Crazy Coffey
2006 King of the n00bs: Bill Parcells, D2112, Griswald etc.
2005 King of the n00bs: Fax

****ing Bosschief. Lol. He still around? Pretty sure it was him. He's pretty funny and was a quality poster, at least at the time. I thought it might have been Shogun though. Can't remember, been too long.

DaFace 05-11-2020 08:20 PM

I enjoy fixing my shit for you all.

TwistedChief 05-11-2020 08:33 PM

I met Loochy once. It was the AFC Championship Game against the Patriots. Tensions were running high. I was with Clay and htismaqe.

Sidenote: it's always weird when you go to a CP gathering where people introduce themselves by their screennames. "Hi, I'm h-t-i-s-m-a-q-e. ****... why didn't I choose a more pronounceable handle?!" "Hi, I'm Billay, but my friends and family call me TittyMeat." You get it. Things are difficult.

Anyway, back to the AFCCG.... It was ****ing cold. I had like 37 layers on. Then some guy walks up to me at what was allegedly the CP tailgate. Tall-ish. Handsome. Svelte. No goatee. I figured there was a Vanity Fair photoshoot in Lot E that he had come from. "I'm Loochy." I know when I type that it should've been obvious who he was, but all I could think about was the fact that he seemed to just be wearing a cut-off windbreaker or something and it was ****ING COLD. I don't know. It took me 30 minutes to realize that it was THE Loochy, with that avatar, and by the time I had figured it out, he was gone. It was exactly what you would've expected. Minus the handjob.

To finish, I've met a host of CP people in real life. And while I would admittedly normally despise most of them for their politics and worldviews, I actually kinda love them all. We've all suffered through this Chiefs thing long enough that it supersedes everything else.

So, cheers to you, cheers to Loochy, cheers to us all.

Chiefspants 05-11-2020 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 14965935)
****ing Bosschief. Lol. He still around? Pretty sure it was him. He's pretty funny and was a quality poster, at least at the time. I thought it might have been Shogun though. Can't remember, been too long.

BossChief is. Shogun is now on lurker status.

I miss Shogun, but I get it. Not sure if this is the reason, but my wife and I will be adding to our family in October, so lurker status might be my fate for a while as well.

Bugeater 05-11-2020 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 14965731)
Antifreeze

AIDS tree

ChiTown 05-11-2020 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 14965971)
BossChief is. Shogun is now on lurker status.

I miss Shogun, but I get it. Not sure if this is the reason, but my wife and I will be adding to our family in October, so lurker status might be my fate for a while as well.

Congrats, Ben! That’s great news. Welcome to the club :)

SAGA45 05-11-2020 08:45 PM

Great topic and forum overall! I started out on WildBillsChiefs nearly 20 yrs ago before coming here. It was an adjustment. This board definitely required thicker skin but I love the vibe. I really appreciate everybody here despite any differences and disagreements.

I live in Compton, CA ...a SoCal resident my entire life and a Chiefs fan for the last 30 years. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to watch a game with a few of the Cali guys here as well as meet others from this forum when I eventually make my way to KC for a game at Arrowhead.

Chiefspants 05-11-2020 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 14965979)
Congrats, Ben! That’s great news. Welcome to the club :)

Thank you so much, Pat! We're stoked. Just got moved into a new place that's perfect for getting a family started. Both of our parents are about 20 minutes away from us now, so it felt like the right time (this was before COVID hit LMAO)

Still, it's given us a lot of time to get the baby room ready and the fact that we've basically been stuck in the same place for 6 weeks now and are still happily married is definitely confidence boosting for the future.

BigRedChief 05-11-2020 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 14965968)
To finish, I've met a host of CP people in real life. And while I would admittedly normally despise most of them for their politics and worldviews, I actually kinda love them all. We've all suffered through this Chiefs thing long enough that it supersedes everything else.

So, cheers to you, cheers to Loochy, cheers to us all.

I hosted a tailgate for every home game. Posted the location and invited everyone on the Planet. Ran for 6-8 years or so. Never knew who would show up. Had planeteers who feuded with each other on here attend at the same time. Real DC hate etc. never once had an issue. In person everyone just had a good time.

Easy 6 05-11-2020 08:51 PM

He doesn’t know it yet, but Bowser and I will be betrothed...SOON

Sofa King 05-11-2020 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14965992)
I hosted a tailgate for every home game. Posted the location and invited everyone on the Planet. Ran for 6-8 years or so. Never knew who would show up. Had planeteers who feuded with each other on here attend at the same time. Real DC hate etc. never once had an issue. In person everyone just had a good time.

Well son of a bitch. I've been to a few games and never once stopped by. Kicking myself now.

Setsuna 05-11-2020 09:03 PM

I appreciate anyone who replies to my posts. Makes me feel like I'm not invisible. I appreciate yall and I appreciate any rep that's been given to me since I've joined. Blessings upon all of you and your loved ones.

Fat Elvis 05-11-2020 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 14965938)
I enjoy fixing my shit for you all.

I lost several thousand posts years ago along with a lot of other folks.

Everyone else got their posts back.

I didn't.

You didn't fix my stuff. But that is OK, I like the fact that you are a numbers nerd.

(It wasn't like those posts were important anyway....and having a lower post count makes it seem like I've posted a lot less here than I have over the years.)

Fat Elvis 05-11-2020 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 14966012)
I appreciate anyone who replies to my posts. Makes me feel like I'm not invisible. I appreciate yall and I appreciate any rep that's been given to me since I've joined. Blessings upon all of you and your loved ones.

I like the words of encouragement you will sometimes unexpectedly find in your rep channel that you get from folks around here.

MMXcalibur 05-11-2020 09:15 PM

I appreciate everyone giving me a place to vent and read different fan-based opinions about the team I've been goddamn crazy about since 1993.

Being a military brat, I latched onto KC after Joe Montana retired with them and had never truly conversed with Chiefs fans before (and some might say I don't converse much now given my low post total). I enjoy seeing everyone's takes and I'm sincerely glad to have shared our championship run with you all this past season.

Unfortunately, I can't say I know any one person in particular here, but I do sincreely appreciate BigRedChief's movements in supporting the troops. Eight years ago, he led the way in funding/supplying my shop with a boxful of goodies while we were deployed to the desert.

KurtCobain 05-11-2020 09:26 PM

I miss Shogun paying around here as well.

I have some favorites and people who meant allot to me when I was pretty young, but outside of Phil, Zach and Brock, I love and appreciate all you guys.

KurtCobain 05-11-2020 09:28 PM

I really miss the old flag football gatherings circa 2008.

Kman34 05-11-2020 09:39 PM

I appreciate all you guys.. Weird how this place has worked its way into my everyday life... A big group of friends I haven't met face to face..

Buehler445 05-11-2020 09:41 PM

I already made my post before the Super Bowl. You can click the red arrow to go to the thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 14767776)
This is a crazy time with the best I’ve ever seen at QB, The Super Bowl, the wild ride we’ve had, my uncle dying right before the AFCCG, and generally the rough 2019 I had, my emotions are all over the place today.

But I would be remiss if I didn’t reflect on how special this community is, even if fairly disfunctional at times, there is a lot of good that has come out of this place. And there is legitimately a core group of excellent people on here. Everyone that has had the stones to meet in person has been first class all the way.

This place, in earnest, has contributed a lot to my fandom, and my life in general, given how much time I spend here.

Group hug.

Now enough with the sappy shit. Let’s go beat some ass.

This place is pretty much it for me. **** Facebook. I know entirely too many ****tarded people to go to facebook. Don't do Twitter. I get on Reddit sometimes, but I really think I'm getting too old and crotchety for the internet. Bottom line, in terms of social media, it's this and Ag Talk, which is way more old and crotchety than I am.

The thing that really drives this place home for me is that the people that have had the stones to meet up have been exclusively first class. We sling some shit now and then, but when it comes to real life, the people here that are willing to participate and put themselves out there have been great largely. I know there have been a couple instances, but I'm chalking that up to trolling going too far. People that have the stones to put themselves out there, I haven't had a bad experience yet.

It really changes the perspective of things and people's opinions than some douche rando on Reddit or whatever.

smithandrew051 05-11-2020 09:48 PM

I had only been told to die in an AIDS fire like 2 or 3 times before I stumbled upon this place. Now, it happens almost weekly. This is home!!

Pointer19 05-11-2020 10:08 PM

Like others have said, it would be silly to try to name specific people. Tons of you guys have been fun to interact with over the past few years. I'm hoping this board stays online for years to come. Keep it up, guys. <3

Why Not? 05-11-2020 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 14966107)
I already made my post before the Super Bowl. You can click the red arrow to go to the thread.

This place is pretty much it for me. **** Facebook. I know entirely too many ****tarded people to go to facebook. Don't do Twitter. I get on Reddit sometimes, but I really think I'm getting too old and crotchety for the internet. Bottom line, in terms of social media, it's this and Ag Talk, which is way more old and crotchety than I am.

The thing that really drives this place home for me is that the people that have had the stones to meet up have been exclusively first class. We sling some shit now and then, but when it comes to real life, the people here that are willing to participate and put themselves out there have been great largely. I know there have been a couple instances, but I'm chalking that up to trolling going too far. People that have the stones to put themselves out there, I haven't had a bad experience yet.

It really changes the perspective of things and people's opinions than some douche rando on Reddit or whatever.

100%. I don’t come within miles of any social media, snap chat, insta whatever. No way. I’m ride or die with CP as far as shit like this goes.

BleedingRed 05-11-2020 10:20 PM

Best online forum ever

Pitt Gorilla 05-11-2020 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 14966115)
I had only been told to die in an AIDS fire like 2 or 3 times before I stumbled upon this place. Now, it happens almost weekly. This is home!!

Honestly, I assumed this thread would be full of "Go **** yourselves." Pretty impressive that it is not.

Bill Brasky 05-11-2020 11:40 PM

I appreciate SimpleRed. I down voted one his posts this year and he sent me a private message to to get ****ed and put him on ignore since I’ve been here for 10 years and I should know how to use that feature.

In some ways, I feel like you don’t belong at CP until you receive a PM to get ****ed. Sincerely, cheers to you pal. I hope you’re hanging in there during this mess.

Pepe Silvia 05-12-2020 12:28 AM

I like you guys a lot. I want to prepare you all a bed and breakfast with Belgian Waffles.

scho63 05-12-2020 02:05 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/d07-XCIpBVQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tribal Warfare 05-12-2020 02:20 AM

I appreciate Dane, the dude called his shot with his career and succeeded in the entertainment business .

I respect that and appreciate his info that occurs behind the curtain because of his profession.

eDave 05-12-2020 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 14966326)
I appreciate Dane, the dude called his shot with his career and succeeded in the entertainment business .

I respect that and appreciate his info that occurs behind the curtain because of his profession.

Interestingly enough, it's a major reason for the vitrol thrown his way.

They hate themselves, so they gain distance from their own subconscious by projecting their repressed characteristics onto him and attacking him.

Could just be jealousy though. And he wins every argument he engages in. I can see how that can be annoying.

SuperBowl4 05-12-2020 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 14966115)

Home of the :thumb:Brave/CHIEFS!

2112 05-12-2020 04:24 AM

This is the only internet message board I post on lol and I’m not even a Chiefs fan. Listo said it best back in 2007

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 3693671)
He got stuck here the same way I did and now neither of us can leave.

I’ve also had the pleasure to meet many of the planeteers in real life. All great peeps!

ChiefsFanatic 05-12-2020 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 14965794)

You said 8 or 9 years, so I thought that I would count up how many years I have been coming here, and holy shit, it will be 20 years in October. I think I came to the board just a couple of months after it was created.

That's crazy, and I know there are tons of other members who have been here that long or a little longer. It's really pretty amazing that so many people have stuck around, especially because this place can be brutal at times, and if you have thin skin you might not make it here.

I have only met a couple of people from CP, but I know that I appreciate having a place to visit and read about my team, and any number of non-football and non-sports topics. Reading about all the get-togethers, the charity work, members helping members, and all the friendships that have been formed, really shows how special this place can be.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

BigRichard 05-12-2020 04:57 AM

I love reading most everyone's posts on here. I will send a huge shout out to SAUTO and Bugeater as both have helped me out in the past. Bugeater "lent" me a part once to fix my heater on a very cold Omaha weekend so I didn't have to pay an outrageous service fee to have someone come out on Sunday. And SAUTO has always offered great advice on fixing vehicles.

Thanks everyone!

loochy 05-12-2020 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 14965592)
Every time someone passes from this board (or our lives) there is an "in memory" thread created and it always contains a lot of "I wish i met him/her" or "I wish I told him/her" how appreciated he/she was.

I feel like attempting a nice thread where you can tell important members that you appreciate them.

Sorry if this thread is already out there.

Try to leave the nonsense bullshit in another thread, keep this thread as on track and POSITIVE as we're able to have it please.

I know when i got a different job and switched from a cozy office job to an evening job trying to help kids with issues, I lost a TON of posting time. We had some extremely interesting threads during the time and more than once crashed the server for one of the race to 1,000 posts threads, gif wars, etc.

I appreciated those years and miss them. I switched jobs in 2013 I believe and CP hasn't been the same for me since. I've lost touch on some of those people and miss the interactions we used to have.

For my first appreciation post I'd like to point out that i really appreciate Loochy. That dude seems like he'd be a great person to be around. He's by far the most consistent posting on here at actually making me laugh out loud. I love his brand of humor and I think we'd probably be the worlds greatest best friends in real life. LMAO. I also know nothing about who loochy is in real life. Could be a homosexual axe murderer or a 3 foot tall woman. But she's the funniest 3 foot tall woman I'd know, I'm sure of that.

I love you too Sofaking! If we lived near each other we should go on man date. It's too bad you weren't at the AFCCG a couple of years ago, where I met quite a few CPers.

I think a lot of the stuff you remember was when I was able to post a ton due to being new to my job and being bored as hell. I'm the same guy now with less posting. In real life I appear serious and quiet with a very dry delivery, but my humor and goofiness is still the same. I'm glad you appreciate me because my CP personality often tends to be troll-ish, with just tossing out ridiculous opinions to provoke people that take themselves too seriously (particularly in DC).

KCUnited 05-12-2020 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 14965653)
All the regulars in the food and drink threads are my boyz. Appreciate all of you, KCUnited to lew to Glory to Sorce. Don't go dying on me now.

Roger that. Feel like the food threads kept me around this place those last couple seasons pre-Mahomes.

With winning and age it feels like the board in general is more rigid than it once was. Since I'm mostly here for the goofs, food/beverage threads, and Chiefs news I appreciate the CPers who are still delivering the lulz the most.

Dartgod 05-12-2020 07:01 AM

I love all of you butt****ing morons!

Seriously though, I've made a lot of friends here over the years. Some I rarely see anymore but there are a couple that are lifelong friends.

carcosa 05-12-2020 07:06 AM

I appreciate Simply Red ONLY!!!!!!

displacedinMN 05-12-2020 07:16 AM

Everyone. I was nervous. It is social media. What if I post something and everyone bites my head off. But wish I would have found CP earlier.

Spend more time here than anywhere else. Usually just to listen.

I feel welcomed here. Had great conversations. Met Lewdog. Thanks all.

Still Superbowl Champs.

seclark 05-12-2020 07:17 AM

pretty much been here from the start. the example's been used before, but this place is kind of like my favorite bar.
sec

FAX 05-12-2020 07:23 AM

LOL ...

Screw that ...

Let's bash some NooBs(sp?).

FAX

seclark 05-12-2020 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 14966417)
LOL ...

Screw that ...

Let's bash some NooBs(sp?).

FAX

well, yeah...that's what you do at a bar. after they pay for a round.
sec

BigRedChief 05-12-2020 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMXcalibur (Post 14966032)
I appreciate everyone giving me a place to vent and read different fan-based opinions about the team I've been goddamn crazy about since 1993.

Being a military brat, I latched onto KC after Joe Montana retired with them and had never truly conversed with Chiefs fans before (and some might say I don't converse much now given my low post total). I enjoy seeing everyone's takes and I'm sincerely glad to have shared our championship run with you all this past season.

Unfortunately, I can't say I know any one person in particular here, but I do sincreely appreciate BigRedChief's movements in supporting the troops. Eight years ago, he led the way in funding/supplying my shop with a boxful of goodies while we were deployed to the desert.

Thanks for the kind words. :thumb: But, lets be real.... me arranging a box of snacks is about 0.00000000001% as important as the work you and your shop were doing to protect us.

digger 05-12-2020 08:29 AM

https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIP.0-3t1s...A?pid=Api&rs=1

burt 05-12-2020 09:16 AM

I post a lot less than many of you...and appreciate MOST of you, tolerate the others.... but, above my simple appreciation I do have a few favs..

Phobia. Long gone but always in my heart. He'd never tell, but he gave me a hand when I was heartbroken and practically homeless. And he's funny as hell.

Bwana. Always kind. And he is the kind man I would want to be if I could hit a restart.

Clay. Just because he went from insufferable to mildly irritating. Keep up the progress.

Stevie Ray. Just pure respect.

I live for and lurk on:

Foodie threads. Fire me boy: Whats for dinner
Nope, nope nopity thread
Epic Fail
Epic win
DC Meme contest

Bless you all for keeping me sane....ish.

tatorhog 05-12-2020 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 14966007)
Well son of a bitch. I've been to a few games and never once stopped by. Kicking myself now.

Same here. I knew a couple of members in real life (unrelated to CP) but aside from that in all the games I went to when I had my season tix, I don't think I ever ran into any members. I do remember meeting a CPer before the NE sound record game. We both got to hold the giant flag before the game. Hell if I remember who it was though.

Seems like a lot of good peeps on here.

scho63 05-12-2020 11:09 AM

I greatly appreciate the following after 11 1/2 years on CP:

1. The dedication of the MODS and Austin Chief to keep CP up and running within some sort of reasonable guidelines and function, not withstanding my own temporary anger at MODS for silly shit I usually but not always deserve.

2. The few but great CP members I have met; Fan4Ever and son, eDave, LewDog, Katie and husband, JohnnyV, WhyNot, Megatron, VAChief, one other Virginia based member I am unable to remember and I know one other important CP member by the name of.......

3. GBlowfish: I met him for the first time in 2013 when I came to Arrowhead for my 50th birthday bucket list for the 1st time ever. Never knew him other than online. We met for a beer inside Arrowhead, he introduced me to his wife and one of his best friends Mr Doggity. He showed me around Arrowhead and the Hall of Fame section and our first Lombardi Trophy. Several years later I mentioned I wanted to return to Arrowhead and as Christmas 2016 drew near, he contacted me to let me know he would have a 3rd extra ticket and it was mine if I wanted to come to KC for X-mas game against the Broncos. I attended the game with him in his glorious seats, spent Xmas dinner with his family in Olathe and he gave me a great tour of KC. I will never forget that experience provided from a man I only knew and met once before.

All class and a great Midwest guy....:thumb:

4. All the CP members that I initially got off on the wrong foot with but know have an appreciation for and get along with. Bugeater and Burt come to mind quickly.

5. To the people who have created some of the best threads like Meme Contest, Food and Drink and many others. It's why I come to CP on a daily basis.

6. To all the dearly departed members who usually pass way too young; Lonewolf Ed, Big Meatball Dave and Saccapoo all come to mind first as all 3 passed of cancer, right around the same time and all were very young. First time I got the real sads at CP. :deevee:

7. Lastly and most shockingly: most of the crazy Left Wing nutbags in DC that I get in arguments with and disagree with 99.9% of the time but I enjoy debating, appreciate their dedication where 75-80% of the posters are Republican in that thread and their tone deaf to create post after post after post even when completely proven wrong.

All in all, CP has become my go to social media platform and I'm here daily; to read at a minimum or post as usual.

Life is just a little bit better with CP and it's great members in it and I'm very glad I found it 12 years ago.........:grouphug:

burt 05-12-2020 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 14966786)
3. GBlowfish: I met him for the first time in 2013 when I came to Arrowhead for my 50th birthday bucket list for the 1st time ever. Never knew him other than online. We met for a beer inside Arrowhead, he introduced me to his wife and one of his best friends Mr Doggity. He showed me around Arrowhead and the Hall of Fame section and our first Lombardi Trophy. Several years later I mentioned I wanted to return to Arrowhead and as Christmas 2016 drew near, he contacted me to let me know he would have a 3rd extra ticket and it was mine if I wanted to come to KC for X-mas game against the Broncos. I attended the game with him in his glorious seats, spent Xmas dinner with his family in Olathe and he gave me a great tour of KC. I will never forget that experience provided from a man I only knew and met once before.

You Sir, have been blessed! That is even better than the time Arthur Bryant asked if he could sit at my table at his restaurant, and did! Blessed by GBlowfish!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 14966786)
4. All the CP members that I initially got off on the wrong foot with but know have an appreciation for and get along with. Bugeater and Burt come to mind quickly.

I am beginning to think you like it in the B.......LMAO

Sorce 05-12-2020 11:59 AM

I appreciate Ubeja Vontell for making the rest of you seem likeable.

crazycoffey 05-12-2020 04:04 PM

I’m waiting to be remembered.

Edit: I confused sofa with Boss I believe

burt 05-12-2020 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 14967541)

Sometimes it's nice to be considered upper echelon, even if you're not at the pentacle. That's you. And you are in the top 10%, maybe 5%..... and "remembered? Hell, you've never been forgot!!!

crazycoffey 05-12-2020 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14965992)

A good time and often a cold Jager bomb.......

Easy 6 05-12-2020 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 14967541)

You’re a concertina wire eating combat vet, and a big city police officer... you don’t have to be remembered, because we never forgot ya in the first place hooah?!

crazycoffey 05-12-2020 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burt (Post 14967553)
Sometimes it's nice to be considered upper echelon, even if you're not at the pentacle. That's you. And you are in the top 10%, maybe 5%..... and "remembered? Hell, you've never been forgot!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 14967567)
You’re a concertina wire eating combat vet, and a big city police officer... you don’t have to be remembered, because we never forgot ya in the first place hooah?!

Ah shucks, thanks fellas. I was actually making the comment for the OP, I remember incorrectly (would that be “iric”) that he lost Noob of the year to me. Then I realized I hadn’t even read all the posts yet! So I got caught up and here we are.

I’ve had my share of ups and downs here. Always enjoyed meeting up irl so many great people post here. So many good times sharing stories, thoughts and beliefs. The 10pm thread was always a hoot. The loochy Olympics of contests, poop threads, and of course the insults by rep.

Game day stuff, actually talking chiefs and football debates, great stuff. Wandered into DC a time or two. Not a fan. A name I hadn’t heard in a long time is Simplex. Glad Joey is back. I have to echo all the comments about simply red, Stevie, BigRed, phobia, and of course George’s seats.....

Tailgated with so many of you. Sat next to a few of you. Got divorced, remarried, moved states, went overseas, got my degree l, and all of it documented in these fine servers.

carcosa 05-12-2020 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burt (Post 14967553)

Pentacle?

DaFace 05-12-2020 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 14967616)
Pentacle?

You know, like a satanic octopus.

Ubeja Vontell 05-12-2020 08:08 PM

I love to wallow around in the blood, the guts and the beer, that joust, the battle. Don't want it ...nice. I get what I want, yep, a hog in slop couldn't be happier.

Best mods out there!

Hog's Gone Fishin 05-12-2020 08:14 PM

I've given my daughter instructions to let the planet know when I'm gone.

ChiTown 05-12-2020 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 14967990)

My oldest Son has similar instructions. He’ll leave a link to my obit when the time comes. He’s a lurker on CP right now, but I’m guessing he’ll eventually start posting :)

BigRedChief 05-12-2020 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 14967990)

I’m Facebook friends with probably 100 people on here. You ****ers can start shitting on me before the body is even cold.;)

FAX 05-12-2020 08:49 PM

I suppose I could get diabetes from eating 9 key lime pies ...

Or I could just read this thread.

Let's bash some NooBs(sp?)!!!!

FAX

BigRedChief 05-12-2020 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 14968039)

FAX

N00bs?

FAX 05-12-2020 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14968046)
N00bs?

Yeah, them ...

Let's bash 'em!!

FAX

Sofa King 05-12-2020 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 14968039)

FAX

Don't you do this to me fax. Don't you ruin this thread. 75 posts and they're almost all sincere.

Don't you let me down. Let's work through this together. I appreciate you. Is that what you wanted to hear? I don't think I saw anyone else post it. You aren't forgotten. I appreciate you.

loochy 05-12-2020 08:58 PM

Quite frankly, I like almost all of you except for 3 or 4 mean spirited folk. Moronic posts are endearing, as are drunken rants, political obsessions, and know-it-alls. CP is awesome.

Prison Bitch 05-12-2020 09:42 PM

I’m proud to have been part of your lives