ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Matt Miller Mock (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=322024)

O.city 03-25-2019 07:59 AM

Matt Miller Mock

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Link to full mock draft: <a href="https://t.co/UzDUOr7wxm">https://t.co/UzDUOr7wxm</a></p>&mdash; Matt Miller (@nfldraftscout) <a href="https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status/1110172707335950336?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 25, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Bradburry in round 1 with Adderley on the board would be a little upsetting but we'll see.

Mother****erJones 03-25-2019 08:03 AM

:facepalm:

I’ll lose my ****ing mind if they take a center at 29 and Lonnie Johnson before round 5.

O.city 03-25-2019 08:04 AM

I just can't get too upset about taking a C early, even round 1.

Sure they could use a defender there, but if the value doesn't match don't take one just to take one.

You'll end up with tubolard Breeland Speaks.

BryanBusby 03-25-2019 08:08 AM

**** clicking that clickbait trap and giving clicks to that weirdo (dude is legit weird as ****).

staylor26 03-25-2019 09:11 AM

Yea I’m not totally against Bradbury in the 1st, but I’m not doing it with Adderley sitting there, or following it up with Polite and Johnson in the 2nd.

O.city 03-25-2019 09:13 AM

I'm just not a Polite fan. Am I missing something there?

TambaBerry 03-25-2019 09:19 AM

that is a terrible mock draft for the chiefs wow

Mother****erJones 03-25-2019 09:21 AM

The value at 29 marches Adderley, CGJ, Ourwariyae, Layne, Sin, etc.

Problem is you go OL at 29, then watch all the defensive talent go bye-bye between 30-60

O.city 03-25-2019 09:36 AM

With Mahomes at Qb, OL is more valuable than ever.

The Franchise 03-25-2019 09:40 AM

Basing it off his draft....I'm going.

29. S Nasir Adderley, Delaware
61. EDGE Charles Omenihu, Texas
63. WR Deebo Samuel, South Carolina
93. CB David Long, Michigan

Mother****erJones 03-25-2019 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14178612)

This is so much better

Mother****erJones 03-25-2019 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14178599)

And being able to get stops on defense is even more valuable. You know, something we couldn’t do last year.

O.city 03-25-2019 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 14178619)
And being able to get stops on defense is even more valuable. You know, something we couldn’t do last year.

Which would be why they completely overhauled the whole defensive side of the ball from the coaching staff down.

I mean, at some point you're gonna have to believe in the staff to work with some players, no?

htismaqe 03-25-2019 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14178599)

With Mahomes at QB, you don't have to pigeonhole yourself into taking linemen that high. He's not Ben or Rivers.

htismaqe 03-25-2019 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14178639)
Which would be why they completely overhauled the whole defensive side of the ball from the coaching staff down.

I mean, at some point you're gonna have to believe in the staff to work with some players, no?

Right now they don't have enough players to even field a team. It's a pure numbers game.

O.city 03-25-2019 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14178686)
With Mahomes at QB, you don't have to pigeonhole yourself into taking linemen that high. He's not Ben or Rivers.

You don't want him running around like that all the time though. Especially if you're gonna give him 200 mil.

chiefforlife 03-25-2019 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14178720)
You don't want him running around like that all the time though. Especially if you're gonna give him 200 mil.

Exactly. Also, imagine what he could do with a little more time in the pocket? WOW

BryanBusby 03-25-2019 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14178686)

He's still young, so I wouldn't rule out having a shitty line could shake his confidence. But with how many quality Center options there are, I have no idea why they would feel pressed to go Center at 29.

DJ's left nut 03-25-2019 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14178612)

Adderley
Jones
McCoy
Walker

The Franchise 03-25-2019 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14178810)
Adderley
Jones
McCoy
Walker

That works for me as well. I'm tired of seeing people mocking the Chiefs a RB super high. I'm not seeing why they would do that unless one of the top guys fell super far.

ntexascardfan 03-25-2019 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14178810)
Adderley
Jones
McCoy
Walker

I'd be awful tempted to grab Parris Campbell at 63 and then go Gerald Willis at 92.

Adderley
Jones
Campbell
Willis

htismaqe 03-25-2019 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14178720)

That's where the magic happens, bro.

You're going to have to come to terms with the fact that it's part of his game, it isn't going away even if you put a brick wall in front of him.

Chris Meck 03-25-2019 11:03 AM

I don't get what he's talking about when he says the 'value just isn't there at 29' when he's got Adderley going like 4 or 5 spots later.

I don't give a **** about 10 spots here or there; that's just dumb.Unless you're taking a guy a round early 'value' is bullshit. You take the guy you like.

I think they SHOULD take a Center. I don't think you take him at 29 with so many defensive needs and so many defensive tools on the board.

I'd rather see an Erik McCoy or Connor Mcgovern in the 3rd, something like that. AFTER we've drafted Adderley, Oruwariye, and Omenihu or Allen.

O.city 03-25-2019 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14178875)
I don't get what he's talking about when he says the 'value just isn't there at 29' when he's got Adderley going like 4 or 5 spots later.

I don't give a **** about 10 spots here or there; that's just dumb.Unless you're taking a guy a round early 'value' is bullshit. You take the guy you like.

I think they SHOULD take a Center. I don't think you take him at 29 with so many defensive needs and so many defensive tools on the board.

I'd rather see an Erik McCoy or Connor Mcgovern in the 3rd, something like that. AFTER we've drafted Adderley, Oruwariye, and Omenihu or Allen.

Just depends on what or how the eval guys.

If they've got Bradburry as a true first round talent, guy that could become say an all pro, i'd take him over a safety you have as a 2nd round guy.

Just gonna have to figure that part out

BryanBusby 03-25-2019 11:07 AM

I don't think you're getting any of those dudes at the end of the 3rd round and I really do not understand this obsession with gotta have Adderly at all costs in the first!!!!!!!!1@111!!!!

I think I'd have some higher priorities.

O.city 03-25-2019 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14178849)

You're going to have to come to terms with the fact that it's part of his game, it isn't going away even if you put a brick wall in front of him.

It's also where he could get killed.

I get that's always going to be a part of the game, but it can't become the part of the game. He's too good in the pocket for that to become an issue.

staylor26 03-25-2019 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 14178893)
I don't think you're getting any of those dudes at the end of the 3rd round and I really do not understand this obsession with gotta have Adderly at all costs in the first!!!!!!!!1@111!!!!

I think I'd have some higher priorities.

I don’t think anybody is saying we have to have Adderely at all costs, but in a situation like this it’s hard to pass up on him for a C. It just so happens in a lot of these scenarios Adderley is BPA at a position of need.

O.city 03-25-2019 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14178904)
I don’t think anybody is saying we have to have Adderely at all costs, but in a situation like this it’s hard to pass up on him for a C. It just so happens in a lot of these scenarios Adderley is BPA at a position of need.

Maybe.

But i'm coming around to the C idea much to the chagrin of everyone here.

But i'm a lonewolf

BryanBusby 03-25-2019 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14178904)

I would beg to differ. People are getting hot and adamant about the fact the Chiefs gotta land him. Man, I just don't see it. His tape isn't bad but it's not special and there are so many options at Safety, some that are better. They have some options already on the team, and you've got Tre Boston out there begging for work.

It's not that big of a priority when we only have like 3 DE's and none of them are ideal, ya know? But the main point is the Adderly tape is solid, but not special. Lets relax.

O.city 03-25-2019 11:16 AM

The safety class seems to be setting up to be one where they're all bunched together. Each team will probably have them rated differently.

BryanBusby 03-25-2019 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14178928)
The safety class seems to be setting up to be one where they're all bunched together. Each team will probably have them rated differently.

Which is all you need to know. None of them can stand out from the rest of the crowd.

Chris Meck 03-25-2019 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 14178917)
I would beg to differ. People are getting hot and adamant about the fact the Chiefs gotta land him. Man, I just don't see it. His tape isn't bad but it's not special and there are so many options at Safety, some that are better. They have some options already on the team, and you've got Tre Boston out there begging for work.

It's not that big of a priority when we only have like 3 DE's and none of them are ideal, ya know? But the main point is the Adderly tape is solid, but not special. Lets relax.

It's just that literally every time I run a mock, he's the best player available at what I would call a position of need.

The second tier CB's all make it into our 2nds, some good DE's are always there in our 2nds.

It rarely falls to where there's a guy that's any better in that range is all. And paired with HB, that's a pretty great safety combo.

BryanBusby 03-25-2019 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14178955)
It's just that literally every time I run a mock, he's the best player available at what I would call a position of need.

The second tier CB's all make it into our 2nds, some good DE's are always there in our 2nds.

It rarely falls to where there's a guy that's any better in that range is all. And paired with HB, that's a pretty great safety combo.

He's nothing special. It's a deep class. If that's your best option at 29 than either you need to move up or down.

It feels like I took a time warp back to 2009 where everyone got excited over Aaron Curry's tape and I'm like uh, where's the great shit at? I'm a big CGJ fan and I'm not going to lose it if they say **** it and just settle with what they've already got or just signed practice girl, Tre Boston at the end of the draft. I think we've already improved with a SS that isn't a broken down pile of dicks and not reeruned coaching/coverage designs.

Chris Meck 03-25-2019 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 14178963)
He's nothing special. It's a deep class. If that's your best option at 29 than either you need to move up or down.

It feels like I took a time warp back to 2009 where everyone got excited over Aaron Curry's tape and I'm like uh, where's the great shit at?

Yeah, I'm just not going to pay money to have trade options added to my little mock draft fun-time. I mean, it's fun and all, but naw.

I would totally take a #3 to move back into the 2nd round.

BryanBusby 03-25-2019 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14178972)
Yeah, I'm just going to pay money to have trade options added to my little mock draft fun-time. I mean, it's fun and all, but naw.

I would totally take a #3 to move back into the 2nd round.

Don't take what I say the wrong way. Hey if he's on the board at the end of Round 2 and they take him, great IMO. I just don't think he's what I would make the #1 priority is all when we have minimal assets at DE and CB (no real #1).

Chris Meck 03-25-2019 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 14178982)
Don't take what I say the wrong way. Hey if he's on the board at the end of Round 2 and they take him, great IMO. I just don't think he's what I would make the #1 priority is all when we have minimal assets at DE and CB (no real #1).

meant to say 'not' going to pay to upgrade to trades in the mock.

not really arguing with you; just explaining.

I like Adderley and I think he makes the safety group 'elite'. We just had a season of an 'elite' pass rush, and ended up #31 and couldn't get a stop when we needed it.

I think a few of the 2nd round corners have #1 ceilings. They have lower floors too, but unless Greedy Williams falls to #29 I don't see a sure-fire #1 (and I'm not 100% on him either. It seems like the LSU guys never reach their athletic potential to me. Like the coaching there is lackadaisical or something).

Baker is I think a #2. Murphy's a maybe. I think Ya-Sin or Oruwariye have more potential and usually one of them is there in our #2 range if not both.

BryanBusby 03-25-2019 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14179020)
meant to say 'not' going to pay to upgrade to trades in the mock.

not really arguing with you; just explaining.

I like Adderley and I think he makes the safety group 'elite'. We just had a season of an 'elite' pass rush, and ended up #31 and couldn't get a stop when we needed it.

I think a few of the 2nd round corners have #1 ceilings. They have lower floors too, but unless Greedy Williams falls to #29 I don't see a sure-fire #1 (and I'm not 100% on him either. It seems like the LSU guys never reach their athletic potential to me. Like the coaching there is lackadaisical or something).

Baker is I think a #2. Murphy's a maybe. I think Ya-Sin or Oruwariye have more potential and usually one of them is there in our #2 range if not both.

I'm more of in the market of trading for a proven #1 CB. The ones I feel that have potential are more projects and the Chiefs have a pretty short window before they really need to change things up.

If they're penciling in Ward or Breeland as the #1 corner, it's gonna be a long ****ing year.

Chris Meck 03-25-2019 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 14179048)
I'm more of in the market of trading for a proven #1 CB. The ones I feel that have potential are more projects and the Chiefs have a pretty sort window before they really need to change things up.

If they're penciling in Ward or Breeland as the #1 corner, it's gonna be a long ****ing year.

Well, I think it's a better starting tandem than Scandrick/Nelson.

I don't think it's like top 5 group or anything.

CB is such an expensive position I really think you need to draft and develop there. A mediocre corner costs what a top flight safety costs. We could absorb a CB contract, it's true and I'm not opposed, but conceptually I think it's better long-term cap health-wise to draft one pretty high every year and grow your own.

RunKC 03-25-2019 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14178849)

It’s not specifically outside the pocket that I’m worried.

It’s when a 300 lb DL lands on top of Pat while sacking him and ****s him up.

Then he’ll sit out a year when his shoulder is ****ed just like Luck.

RunKC 03-25-2019 12:28 PM

Bradbury is probably the BPA here though. McGovern and Lindstrom are available in rd 2, which I think is there plan, but I don’t see anyone really worth the pick where we are. Kind of stuck at that point.

I’m not as high on Adderley as others here though

htismaqe 03-25-2019 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14179143)
It’s not specifically outside the pocket that I’m worried.

It’s when a 300 lb DL lands on top of Pat while sacking him and ****s him up.

Then he’ll sit out a year when his shoulder is ****ed just like Luck.

It's not like that happened a lot last year though, with not just one backup on the interior but TWO.

BryanBusby 03-25-2019 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14179069)
Well, I think it's a better starting tandem than Scandrick/Nelson.

I don't think it's like top 5 group or anything.

CB is such an expensive position I really think you need to draft and develop there. A mediocre corner costs what a top flight safety costs. We could absorb a CB contract, it's true and I'm not opposed, but conceptually I think it's better long-term cap health-wise to draft one pretty high every year and grow your own.

The CB group is still in the bottom tier. Ward is certainly better than Scandrick (a broken condom probably is too) but saying Breeland is a bonafide upgrade from Nelson is a thing that we'll have to wait and see on.

Mother****erJones 03-25-2019 06:29 PM

While I think Breeland is an upgrade over Nelson, it’s not like going from Scandrick to Ramsey or anything. That’s another reason why I’d go corner or safety. Just add more impact to this secondary and depth. Adding a guy like Adderley or CGJ allow honey badger to hunt like he says he’ll do.

Or adding a corner just gives them a really good young high upside corner and moves Ward and Smith back a peg. They can still develop but at their own pace and don’t have to rush them.

In58men 03-25-2019 09:58 PM

Bradbury isn’t a sexy pick, but it’s a very smart one. I can get behind this pick.