ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Fanspeak's On the Clock NFL Draft Simulator (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=321234)

CoMoChief 02-09-2019 07:59 PM

Fanspeak's On the Clock NFL Draft Simulator

This has been brought up the past few years. A fun draft simulator if you're bored and want to kill time.

https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/

*Note*
Depending on which big board and team needs/rankings list you use, some of these players end up falling big time, which in real life probably won't be the case. So take it with a grain of salt, but really it's all for fun.

Enjoy, and post your results in the thread if you wish :)

Here's my KC draft. (I usually use the board that's most recently updated - today it was the "NFL Mock" board w/ "classic" difficulty level).

If this happened I'd probably wet myself.

1.CB-DeAnder Baker, Georgia
2.WR-Deebo Samuel, S.Carolina
2.LB-Devin Bush, Michigan
3.CB-Trayvon Mullen, Clemson
5.RB-Darrell Henderson, Memphis
6.DE-Charles Omenihu, Texas
6.WR-Hakeen Butler, IowaSt
7.S-Mike Edwards, Kentucky (a Matt House pick)

Willie Lanier 02-09-2019 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 14099488)
This has been brought up the past few years. A fun draft simulator if you're bored and want to kill time.

https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/

*Note*
Depending on which big board and team needs/rankings list you use, some of these players end up falling big time, which in real life probably won't be the case. So take it with a grain of salt, but really it's all for fun.

Enjoy, and post your results in the thread if you wish :)

Here's my KC draft. (I usually use the board that's most recently updated - today it was the "NFL Mock" board w/ "classic" difficulty level).

If this happened I'd probably wet myself.

1.CB-DeAnder Baker, Georgia
2.WR-Deebo Samuel, S.Carolina
2.LB-Devin Bush, Michigan
3.CB-Trayvon Mullen, Clemson
5.RB-Darrell Henderson, Memphis
6.DE-Charles Omenihu, Texas
6.WR-Hakeen Butler, IowaSt
7.S-Mike Edwards, Kentucky (a Matt House pick)

If we ended up with that draft the conspiracy theorists across the nation would cry out that the chiefs have been chosen as the next dynasty and lambast the league for collusion lol...

Great mock though, but it's never gonna happen

staylor26 02-09-2019 08:22 PM

It’s fun, but I refuse to take anybody at a spot that is unrealistic when I’m doing them.

Chargem 02-10-2019 04:26 AM

It's fun but as I used the same big board etc as you I got pretty similar results, DeAndre Baker is a slam dunk for the Chiefs on that board with how it falls, all the Tight Ends were still there but I would only consider taking one if I couldn't have had Baker.

I took Bush and Rock Ya Sin in the 2nd and then Parris Campbell WR in the third.

Chargem 02-10-2019 04:37 AM

I just tried it again with the Matt Miller big board and NFL Draft needs, that was way more interesting.

Mack Wilson, Jaylon Ferguson, Deonte Thompson and Christian Wilkins all available in the 1st, the big name CBs were gone. I took Mack and then my 2nd round choices were really hard, all the CBs I like were gone and I ended up going what I thought was BPA, definitely worth a go with those settings.

I ended up with

1. Mack Wilson
2. Isaiah Buggs
2. Charles Omenihu
3. Andy Isabella

(only did a 3 rounder)

Chris Meck 02-10-2019 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chargem (Post 14099847)
I just tried it again with the Matt Miller big board and NFL Draft needs, that was way more interesting.

Mack Wilson, Jaylon Ferguson, Deonte Thompson and Christian Wilkins all available in the 1st, the big name CBs were gone. I took Mack and then my 2nd round choices were really hard, all the CBs I like were gone and I ended up going what I thought was BPA, definitely worth a go with those settings.

I ended up with

1. Mack Wilson
2. Isaiah Buggs
2. Charles Omenihu
3. Andy Isabella

(only did a 3 rounder)

I would sprint, giggling like a little girl to the podium if Jaylon Ferguson was still there at 29.

Chargem 02-10-2019 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14100118)
I would sprint, giggling like a little girl to the podium if Jaylon Ferguson was still there at 29.

If they have already completed a tag and trade of Ford, or if they cut Houston, then I am down with Ferguson 100%. If they announce they are keeping Ford and Houston for the season then it kills me to take an edge defender in the 1st, but I still might do it.

DJ's left nut 02-11-2019 12:05 PM

1.29 -- TJ Hockenson, TE - Iowa
2.29 -- Mack Wilson, LB - Alabama
2.31 -- Amani Oruwariye, CB - Penn State
3.28 -- Amani Hooker, S - Iowa

Probably not terribly realistic but as you watch the picks go off the board, you do realize that there are GOING to be some guys that slide. So while I don't imagine that Wilson and Oruwariye are there at the back of the 2nd, as you see how many players you like go ahead of them, you realize that there's a better chance than you think that a guy like that is available for us.

The Franchise 02-11-2019 12:11 PM

I went with the difficult rating to see how it would work out.

1. Deandre Baker, CB, Georgia
2. Josh Jacobs, RB, Alabama
2. Devin Bush, LB, Michigan
3. Garret Bradbury, OC, N.C. State

O.city 02-11-2019 12:19 PM

I've seen some stuff with baker going top 10 and some with him in the early 2nd.

CoMoChief 02-11-2019 02:51 PM

Probably too early to tell until the combine rolls around.

The Franchise 02-11-2019 03:17 PM

29: R1P29 TE T.J. HOCKENSON IOWA
61: R2P29 S NASIR ADDERLEY DELAWARE
63: R2P31 LB DEVIN BUSH MICHIGAN
92: R3P28 C GARRETT BRADBURY N.C. STATE

TambaBerry 02-11-2019 05:14 PM

i like the other site better, the one where it gives you grades and you can make outrageous trades

The Franchise 02-11-2019 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 14102017)
i like the other site better, the one where it gives you grades and you can make outrageous trades

www.first-pick.com

Chief Northman 02-11-2019 06:48 PM

29: R1P29
CB DEANDRE BAKER
GEORGIA
61: R2P29
C ELGTON JENKINS
MISSISSIPPI ST
63: R2P31
RB JOSH JACOBS
ALABAMA
92: R3P28
LB DEVIN BUSH
MICHIGAN
168: R5P29
S LUKAS DENIS
BOSTON COLLEGE
203: R6P28
DL JONATHAN LEDBETTER
GEORGIA
215: R6P40
TE JACE STERNBERGER
TEXAS A&M
218: R7P2
EDGE WYATT RAY
BOSTON COLLEGE

Set to Draftek big board, “Difficult” setting and NFL setting team needs.

kccrow 02-11-2019 08:07 PM

Pretty close to the same as you North, now that I look at it... Here were my results...
CB DEANDRE BAKER
GEORGIA
RB JOSH JACOBS
ALABAMA
LB MACK WILSON
ALABAMA
S C GARDNER-JOHNSON
FLORIDA
WR PARRIS CAMPBELL
OHIO STATE
TE JACE STERNBERGER
TEXAS A&M
CB MONTRE HARTAGE
NORTHWESTERN
EDGE CHRISTIAN MILLER
ALABAMA

staylor26 02-11-2019 09:36 PM

1. DeAndre Baker, CB , Georgia
2. Josh Jacobs, RB, Alabama
2. Terrill Hanks, LB, New Mexico State
3. Darnell Savage, S, Maryland

DJ's left nut 02-12-2019 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14102020)

Took my crack at this one and allowed myself 1 trade because it adheres to my 'exact a stiff price for your 1st' strategy. Traded my 1 for the 9th and 17th picks in the 2nd round.

2.9 -- Irv Smith, TE - Ala
2.17 -- Nassir Adderley, FS - Del
2.29 -- Mack Wilson, ILB - Ala
2.31 -- Julian Love, CB - ND
3.28 -- Terry Beckner Jr, DT - Miz
5.29 -- Emanuel Hall, WR - Miz
6.28 -- Rodney Anderson, RB - OU
7.2 -- Jordan Scarlett, RB - Fl

So there - I just won us the next 3 Super Bowls. You're all welcome.

O.city 02-12-2019 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14102978)
Took my crack at this one and allowed myself 1 trade because it adheres to my 'exact a stiff price for your 1st' strategy. Traded my 1 for the 9th and 17th picks in the 2nd round.

I mean, these aren't likely at all, but when you start doing them some of the guys just start dropping. Kinda weird how it happens.

DJ's left nut 02-12-2019 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14102985)
I mean, these aren't likely at all, but when you start doing them some of the guys just start dropping. Kinda weird how it happens.

Exactly. Same thing I learned during the Chiefs Mock Drafts.

Guys fall because there are more similarly situated players than we realize. There are always a couple more guys available at a spot than you expected because unless you take part in stuff like this, you kind fixate on a few players and forget there are a dozen other guys that other teams may like just as much that they'll take instead.

I don't think any of those are LIKELY, but the only one I see as truly borderline ridiculous is Beckner. Any of the rest of those guys COULD be there, but it's a stretch. And it's definitely not gonna work out that they're ALL there at those spots.

But could Adderley fall to the mid 2nd? Sure, he could. Wilson and Love to the late 2nd? Sure, unlikely but not impossible. You just realize why these slides happen every single year when you start doing these drafts and it tends to actually make me a little more confident as to what we might be able to pull off.

O.city 02-12-2019 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14103031)
Exactly. Same thing I learned during the Chiefs Mock Drafts.

Guys fall because there are more similarly situated players than we realize. There are always a couple more guys available at a spot than you expected because unless you take part in stuff like this, you kind fixate on a few players and forget there are a dozen other guys that other teams may like just as much that they'll take instead.

I don't think any of those are LIKELY, but the only one I see as truly borderline ridiculous is Beckner. Any of the rest of those guys COULD be there, but it's a stretch. And it's definitely not gonna work out that they're ALL there at those spots.

But could Adderley fall to the mid 2nd? Sure, he could. Wilson and Love to the late 2nd? Sure, unlikely but not impossible. You just realize why these slides happen every single year when you start doing these drafts and it tends to actually make me a little more confident as to what we might be able to pull off.

The problem is one of these guys fall or multiple ones we like are at our pick and we take some slapass we hadn't even thought of. lol.

DJ's left nut 02-12-2019 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14103140)
The problem is one of these guys fall or multiple ones we like are at our pick and we take some slapass we hadn't even thought of. lol.

Hell, they even rhyme.

Slapass, K-pass....same difference.

(A reminder - we could've had Kamara. That one STILL pisses me off...)

O.city 02-12-2019 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14103146)
Hell, they even rhyme.

Slapass, K-pass....same difference.

(A reminder - we could've had Kamara. That one STILL pisses me off...)

There were so many more guys they could have taken there.

KPass atleast fits the 43 better I guess.

DJ's left nut 02-12-2019 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14103150)
There were so many more guys they could have taken there.

KPass atleast fits the 43 better I guess.

It's impossible to hand waive Patrick Mahomes - he makes the entire 2017 NFL draft.

But with Hunt gone, we'll get effectively nothing out of that season beyond Mahomes. '18 has a little more promise down the ranks with Nnadi and DoD likely being starters and I presume Speaks will have a heavy spot in the rotation.

But with K-Pass and Hunt's picks we coulda/shoulda had Kamara and Rasul Douglas (guys I was hoping we'd grab at those spots at the time). I was also a fan of Kendall Beckwith though his injury last year (combined with some injury history at LSU) makes that sketch. Then again, if we'd have taken him, he's probably not in that car wreck, butterflies flapping their wings and all...

Again - it's all worth it with Mahomes in that draft but Veach and Co. absolutely have to do better. Hopefully last season was a sign of progress in that regard and it will only get more impressive going forward. He's still a damn young executive so there are lessons to be learned for him still.

O.city 02-12-2019 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14103172)
It's impossible to hand waive Patrick Mahomes - he makes the entire 2017 NFL draft.

But with Hunt gone, we'll get effectively nothing out of that season beyond Mahomes. '18 has a little more promise down the ranks with Nnadi and DoD likely being starters and I presume Speaks will have a heavy spot in the rotation.

But with K-Pass and Hunt's picks we coulda/shoulda had Kamara and Rasul Douglas (guys I was hoping we'd grab at those spots at the time). I was also a fan of Kendall Beckwith though his injury last year (combined with some injury history at LSU) makes that sketch. Then again, if we'd have taken him, he's probably not in that car wreck, butterflies flapping their wings and all...

Again - it's all worth it with Mahomes in that draft but Veach and Co. absolutely have to do better. Hopefully last season was a sign of progress in that regard and it will only get more impressive going forward. He's still a damn young executive so there are lessons to be learned for him still.

Wasn't 17 a Dorsey draft though?

DJ's left nut 02-12-2019 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14103186)
Wasn't 17 a Dorsey draft though?

Does anyone really know?

Yes, Dorsey was still the GM, but it's just about damn near impossible to know exactly who was pulling the strings that year.

O.city 02-12-2019 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14103194)
Does anyone really know?

Yes, Dorsey was still the GM, but it's just about damn near impossible to know exactly who was pulling the strings that year.

Guess it depends which tribe you are in. Pro Veach, Pro Dorsey etc.

Chargem 02-12-2019 12:21 PM

Quote:

If trading the 29th pick for the 9th and 7th picks of the 2nd round is a realistic trade then I am all for trading back if a stud doesn't fall unexpectedly to 29.

htismaqe 02-12-2019 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14103202)
Guess it depends which tribe you are in. Pro Veach, Pro Dorsey etc.

Andy has always been in charge.

DJ's left nut 02-12-2019 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chargem (Post 14103225)
If trading the 29th pick for the 9th and 7th picks of the 2nd round is a realistic trade then I am all for trading back if a stud doesn't fall unexpectedly to 29.

It isn't. That 1st is worth more along the lines of 2 late 2nds or an earlier 2 and a late 3 based on the 'pick value'.

Which is why I'm almost universally opposed to moving out of the 1st absent absolutely strafing some team in return.

The Franchise 02-13-2019 11:53 AM

Quote:

Traded out of the 1st round for a 2nd, 3rd and 4th round pick.

Round 2 Pick 2 (IND): Metcalf, DK, WR, Mississippi (A-)
Round 2 Pick 29: Adderley, Nassir, CB/FS, Delaware (A)
Round 2 Pick 31: Hockenson, T.J., TE, Iowa (A-)
Round 3 Pick 25 (IND): Jacobs, Josh, RB, Alabama (A+)
Round 3 Pick 28: Allen, Zach, DE, Boston College (A+)
Round 4 Pick 27 (IND): Bradbury, Garrett, C, North Carolina State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 29: Cheevers, Hamp, CB, Boston College (A+)
Round 6 Pick 28: Huggins, Albert, DT, Clemson (A+)
Round 7 Pick 2: Bars, Alex, OG, Notre Dame (A+)

Obviously that shit is WAY off in terms of where players are/should be going.

GloucesterChief 02-13-2019 07:45 PM

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 29: Bush, Devin, OLB, Michigan (A-)
Round 2 Pick 29: Adderley, Nassir, CB/FS, Delaware (A)
Round 3 Pick 8 (CINN): Bryant, Austin, DE, Clemson (A+)
Round 3 Pick 28: Boyd, Kris, CB, Texas (A+)
Round 4 Pick 19 (TENN): Jordan, Michael, OG/C, Ohio State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 19 (TENN): Butler, Emmanuel, WR, Northern Arizona (A+)
Round 5 Pick 25 (PHI): Dean, Jamel, CB, Auburn (A+)
Round 5 Pick 29: Johnson, PJ, DT, Arizona (A+)
Round 6 Pick 24 (PHI): Dodson, Tyrel, ILB, Texas A&M (A+)
Round 6 Pick 28: Anderson, Rodney, RB, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 7 Pick 2: Adams, Paul, OT, Missouri (A+)
Round 7 Pick 19 (TENN): Fritts, Brandon, TE, North Carolina (A+)

Tear it apart.

TambaBerry 02-14-2019 08:08 AM

Here was my attempt

Round 1 Pick 29: Baker, Deandre, CB, Georgia
Round 2 Pick 29: Adderley, Nassir, CB/FS, Delaware
Round 2 Pick 31: Ximines, Oshane, DE, Old Dominion
Round 3 Pick 28: Samuel, Deebo, WR, South Carolina
Round 5 Pick 29: Wise, Daniel, DT, Kansas
Round 6 Pick 28: Smith , Saivion, CB, Alabama
Round 7 Pick 2: Anderson, Rodney, RB, Oklahoma

TambaBerry 02-14-2019 08:12 AM

Here was my real draft

Round 1 Pick 29: Cajuste, Yodny, OT, West Virginia
Round 2 Pick 29: Herbig, Nate, OG, Stanford
Round 2 Pick 31: Dillard, Andre, OT/OT, Washington State
Round 3 Pick 28: McCoy, TJ, C, Florida
Round 5 Pick 29: Bailey, Jake, P, Stanford
Round 6 Pick 28: Cheevers, Hamp, CB, Boston College
Round 7 Pick 2: Dean, Jamel, CB, Auburn

TambaBerry 02-14-2019 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 14105840)
Here was my real draft

Round 1 Pick 29: Cajuste, Yodny, OT, West Virginia
Round 2 Pick 29: Herbig, Nate, OG, Stanford
Round 2 Pick 31: Dillard, Andre, OT/OT, Washington State
Round 3 Pick 28: McCoy, TJ, C, Florida
Round 5 Pick 29: Bailey, Jake, P, Stanford
Round 6 Pick 28: Cheevers, Hamp, CB, Boston College
Round 7 Pick 2: Dean, Jamel, CB, Auburn

with this we're going to start running 6 lineman at all times

Chief Northman 02-14-2019 10:08 PM

NFL Mock Big Board / User voted team needs / Difficult setting.
I laughed at the Big Board as it unfolded. Could not get a corner worthy of a 1st round pick and got shut out as picks came off the board. Stupid value on some prospects though because the big board is messed up:

DL DRE'MONT JONES
OHIO STATE

S AMANI HOOKER
IOWA

LB DEVIN BUSH
MICHIGAN

RB DAVID MONTGOMERY
IOWA STATE

WR ANDY ISABELLA
UMASS

CB ISAIAH JOHNSON
HOUSTON

EDGE CHARLES OMENIHU
TEXAS

LB CHRISTIAN MILLER
ALABAMA

htismaqe 02-15-2019 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 14107308)
NFL Mock Big Board / User voted team needs / Difficult setting.
I laughed at the Big Board as it unfolded. Could not get a corner worthy of a 1st round pick and got shut out as picks came off the board. Stupid value on some prospects though because the big board is messed up:

DL DRE'MONT JONES
OHIO STATE

S AMANI HOOKER
IOWA

LB DEVIN BUSH
MICHIGAN

RB DAVID MONTGOMERY
IOWA STATE

WR ANDY ISABELLA
UMASS

CB ISAIAH JOHNSON
HOUSTON

EDGE CHARLES OMENIHU
TEXAS

LB CHRISTIAN MILLER
ALABAMA

That's a pretty freaking good draft.

Chargem 02-16-2019 06:06 AM

This is literally addictive, I've done it about 20 times. Today:

CB TRAYVON MULLEN
CLEMSON
LB DEVIN BUSH
MICHIGAN
TE IRV SMITH JR.
ALABAMA
S AMANI HOOKER
IOWA
DL KINGSLEY KEKE
TEXAS A&M
CB BLACE BROWN
TROY
C SAM MUSTIPHER
NOTRE DAME
RB BRYCE LOVE
STANFORD

Chief Roundup 02-17-2019 12:35 PM

CB TRAYVON MULLEN
CLEMSON
LB DEVIN BUSH
MICHIGAN
CB JULIAN LOVE
NOTRE DAME
C ERIK MCCOY
TEXAS A&M
DL CHRIS SLAYTON
SYRACUSE
S UGO AMADI
OREGON
EDGE SHAREEF MILLER
PENN STATE
P MITCH WISHNOWSKY
UTAH

Chris Meck 02-17-2019 02:09 PM

S NASIR ADDERLY
DELAWARE
EDGE JAYLON FERGUSON
LOUISIANA TECH
CB AMANI ORUWARIYE
PENN STATE
CB TRAYVON MULLEN
CLEMSON
C NICK LINDER
INDIANA
OT RYAN POPE
SAN DIEGO STATE
LB T.J. EDWARDS
WISCONSIN
G HJALTE FROHOLDT
ARKANSAS

DUDE. Those first 4 picks are ****ing awesome.

Chief Northman 02-17-2019 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14111310)
S NASIR ADDERLY
DELAWARE
EDGE JAYLON FERGUSON
LOUISIANA TECH
CB AMANI ORUWARIYE
PENN STATE
CB TRAYVON MULLEN
CLEMSON
C NICK LINDER
INDIANA
OT RYAN POPE
SAN DIEGO STATE
LB T.J. EDWARDS
WISCONSIN
G HJALTE FROHOLDT
ARKANSAS

DUDE. Those first 4 picks are ****ing awesome.

And totally unrealistic!

Chris Meck 02-17-2019 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 14111669)
And totally unrealistic!

first of all, it's game. I wouldn't put any real stock in it.

Second-according to multiple mocks, yeah, those first four picks are entirely possible.

Third-nobody, not the mocks, not Mel Kiper Jr., or anyone else has any idea how the board will actually fall in April.

But in the meantime, this little simulation is pretty fun.

Chief Northman 02-17-2019 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14111712)
first of all, it's game. I wouldn't put any real stock in it.

Second-according to multiple mocks, yeah, those first four picks are entirely possible.

Third-nobody, not the mocks, not Mel Kiper Jr., or anyone else has any idea how the board will actually fall in April.

But in the meantime, this little simulation is pretty fun.

Oh for sure.
That talent you got with those first four picks are largely within the first 50 picks on most Big Boards though. What a haul that would be. If there is a run on offensive players early, some really great defensive talent would fall, but I still think defense dominates this draft class.

Chris Meck 02-17-2019 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 14111788)
Oh for sure.
That talent you got with those first four picks are largely within the first 50 picks on most Big Boards though. What a haul that would be. If there is a run on offensive players early, some really great defensive talent would fall, but I still think defense dominates this draft class.

yeah. well, if you're a team that already has an offense that's kick-ass then sure. If you don't, and you're looking at The Chiefs, and The Rams, and The Saints...?

and most of the lowly teams have shit offensively. What would you do? I'd be drafting Qb's until I got one, and WR's, and offensive linemen.

So...we'll see. but nobody wants to pay to see a team that can't score.

htismaqe 02-18-2019 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14111857)
yeah. well, if you're a team that already has an offense that's kick-ass then sure. If you don't, and you're looking at The Chiefs, and The Rams, and The Saints...?

and most of the lowly teams have shit offensively. What would you do? I'd be drafting Qb's until I got one, and WR's, and offensive linemen.

So...we'll see. but nobody wants to pay to see a team that can't score.

NFL teams are stubborn and slow to change. While emulation will certainly happen, it won't happen all at once.

I mean look at Elway in Denver. He thinks he can beat the Chiefs with defense, a running game, and Joe freaking Flacco.

Chris Meck 02-18-2019 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14113507)
NFL teams are stubborn and slow to change. While emulation will certainly happen, it won't happen all at once.

I mean look at Elway in Denver. He thinks he can beat the Chiefs with defense, a running game, and Joe freaking Flacco.

oh he's gonna be drafting a QB, I'm pretty sure of it. He's looking at Flacco as his Alex Smith. He's probably looking at Lock as his Mahomes.

It's a copycat league. This is the new blueprint.

But you have to actually have the pieces in place; you can't just run the play.

htismaqe 02-19-2019 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14113597)
oh he's gonna be drafting a QB, I'm pretty sure of it. He's looking at Flacco as his Alex Smith. He's probably looking at Lock as his Mahomes.

It's a copycat league. This is the new blueprint.

But you have to actually have the pieces in place; you can't just run the play.

And when he drafts a CB or another pass rusher? :)

Chargem 02-24-2019 03:11 AM

Worth a go at NFL Big Board - Aggregate (2/20), Needs Fanspeak Steve and Difficult algorithm.

This one leads to tough decisions in my opinion, the top 3 corners go fast and then the 2nd tier round of guys are slotted to go before your 2nd round picks come up.

DJ's left nut 02-25-2019 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chargem (Post 14121734)
Worth a go at NFL Big Board - Aggregate (2/20), Needs Fanspeak Steve and Difficult algorithm.

This one leads to tough decisions in my opinion, the top 3 corners go fast and then the 2nd tier round of guys are slotted to go before your 2nd round picks come up.

NFL Big Board has Kristian Fulton on it and he stayed at LSU. Haven't looked for anything else, just happened to notice that.

Using your setting:

1.29 -- TJ Hockenson
2.29 -- Devin Bush
2.31 -- Chauncey Gardner-Johnson
3.28 -- Erik McCoy, C - Texas A&M
5.29 -- Khalil Hodge, LB - Buffalo

That's a pretty good haul though CB is notably absent. With that 'difficult' algorithm turned on I think it targets your team needs right before you go. I took Gardner Johnson at 2.31 because there were 4-5 similarly situated CBs and I figured at least one of them would slip to the 3rd; they all flew off the board in the handful of picks right before mine.

McCoy would be a solid get there, though - I'd be surprised if he fell that far. Hodge is a bit redundant after the Bush pick but I think he's a potential starter and in the 5th round I'll gamble on the talent and see if there's a home for him somewhere.

DJ's left nut 02-25-2019 09:48 AM

My less aggressive, more 'sensible' stab at it:

1.29 -- Nasir Adderley
2.29 -- Mack Wilson
2.31 -- Rock Ya-Sin (Julian Love went right after Wilson and before Sin)
3.29 -- Elgton Jenkins, C - MSU
5.29 -- Terry Beckner Jr

I like the talent I accumulated in my first effort better and by a fair amount. I focused exclusively on taking the player I thought had the most upside regardless of position in that draft. In the 2nd effort I did a more balanced, conventional 'need as part of BPA' analysis and I think I ended up with a worse draft for it. The major pivot point would be that 5th rounder where Beckner fell in draft 2 but not draft 1; I think that's just an algorithm fluke more than anything.

But admittedly, in Draft 2 I walk away with a need at TE2 and little else. That said, Josh Oliver fell to the early 5th and in this same scenario, if Oliver's there in the 5th, I'm trading up to get him rather than sitting back. And even if I couldn't get that done, the need I still have coming out of this draft is a lot cheaper and easier to take care of in FA than my need in draft 1 (where I obviously now have to get a FA corner).

The Franchise 02-25-2019 12:23 PM

1.29 - Nasir Adderley, S, Delaware
2.29 - D’Andre Walker, LB, Georgia
2.31 - Julian Love, CB, Notre Dame
3.29 - Erik McCoy, C, Texas A&M

htismaqe 02-25-2019 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14122921)
My less aggressive, more 'sensible' stab at it:

1.29 -- Nasir Adderley
2.29 -- Mack Wilson
2.31 -- Rock Ya-Sin (Julian Love went right after Wilson and before Sin)
3.29 -- Elgton Jenkins, C - MSU
5.29 -- Terry Beckner Jr

I like the talent I accumulated in my first effort better and by a fair amount. I focused exclusively on taking the player I thought had the most upside regardless of position in that draft. In the 2nd effort I did a more balanced, conventional 'need as part of BPA' analysis and I think I ended up with a worse draft for it. The major pivot point would be that 5th rounder where Beckner fell in draft 2 but not draft 1; I think that's just an algorithm fluke more than anything.

But admittedly, in Draft 2 I walk away with a need at TE2 and little else. That said, Josh Oliver fell to the early 5th and in this same scenario, if Oliver's there in the 5th, I'm trading up to get him rather than sitting back. And even if I couldn't get that done, the need I still have coming out of this draft is a lot cheaper and easier to take care of in FA than my need in draft 1 (where I obviously now have to get a FA corner).

I don't know what you're on about, this is a SOLID draft. :)

Kiimo 02-25-2019 06:09 PM

Not one person took Justice Hill late?

Mr_Tomahawk 03-02-2019 12:17 AM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...016da7b75c.jpg

Chief Northman 03-02-2019 09:21 PM

LOL at this one:
Fanspeak most recent Big Board, User voted needs, “Difficult”

LB DEVIN BUSH
MICHIGAN

CB AMANI ORUWARIYE
PENN STATE

WR DEEBO SAMUEL
SOUTH CAROLINA

C ERIK MCCOY
TEXAS A&M

167: R5P29
S DARNELL SAVAGE
MARYLAND

201: R6P28
RB TRAYVEON WILLIAMS
TEXAS A&M

214: R6P41
LB KHALIL HODGE
BUFFALO

216: R7P2
EDGE CARL GRANDERSON
WYOMING

Chief Roundup 03-03-2019 05:19 PM

CB TRAYVON MULLEN
CLEMSON
LB DEVIN BUSH
MICHIGAN
S NASIR ADDERLEY
DELAWARE
CB AMANI ORUWARIYE
PENN STATE
CB JORDAN MILLER
WASHINGTON
DL TRYSTEN HILL
UCF
G HJALTE FROHOLDT
ARKANSAS
LB GERRI GREEN
MISS. STATE

Mr_Tomahawk 03-03-2019 05:38 PM

Damn Nasir dropped in that one.

CatfishBob2 03-04-2019 02:46 AM

LB DEVIN BUSH
MICHIGAN
CB ROCK YA-SIN
TEMPLE
S CHAUNCEY GARDNER-JOHNSON
FLORIDA
RB DARRELL HENDERSON
MEMPHIS
EDGE CORBIN KAUFUSI
BYU
DL KINGSLEY KEKE
TEXAS A&M
CB IMAN MARSHALL
USC
OT MARCUS NORMAN
SOUTH FLORIDA

Discuss Thrower 03-05-2019 09:46 AM

Accidentally accepted a trade out of the first so decided to have fun with it:

Your score is: 29215 (GRADE: B+)

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 17 (CLE): Rapp, Taylor, SS, Washington (A-)
Round 2 Pick 26 (DAL): Adams, Trey, OT, Washington (A-)
Round 2 Pick 31: Gardner-Johnson, Chauncey, FS, Florida (A-)
Round 3 Pick 1 (ARI): Adderley, Nassir, CB/FS, Delaware (A-)
Round 3 Pick 11 (G.B.): Hockenson, T.J., TE, Iowa (A)
Round 4 Pick 1 (ARI): Hill, Justice, RB, Oklahoma State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 29: Granderson, Carl, DE, Wyoming (A+)
Round 6 Pick 28: Gaines, Greg, DT, Washington (A+)
Round 6 Pick 41 (COMP): Allison, Jeff, ILB, Fresno State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 2: Johnson, Isaiah, CB, Houston (A+)

htismaqe 03-05-2019 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 14135352)

Your Picks:

Great draft but wholly unrealistic. :)

Chargem 03-05-2019 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 14135352)

Your Picks:

I think maybe you'd have to consider picking up another safety in FA...

Chiefsfan1 03-15-2019 12:16 PM

I know this is completely unrealistic, but I decided to be super aggressive to take advantage of the depth and talent at defensive line in the first round and just have fun with it. Then I traded down a few times.

Your score is: 28389 (GRADE: B)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 16 (CAR): Ferrell, Clelin, DE, Clemson (A+)
Round 1 Pick 19 (TENN): Wilkins, Christian, DT, Clemson (A-)
Round 2 Pick 29: Omenihu, Charles, DE, Texas (A-)
Round 3 Pick 9 (N.E.): Montgomery, David, RB, Iowa State (A+)
Round 3 Pick 28: Samuel, Deebo, WR, South Carolina (A+)
Round 3 Pick 30 (LAR): Boyd, Kris, CB, Texas (A+)
Round 4 Pick 3 (NYJ): Williams, Joejuan, CB, Vanderbilt (A+)
Round 5 Pick 2 (NYJ): Gentry, Zach, TE, Michigan (A+)
Round 6 Pick 31 (DET): Alaka, Otaro, ILB/SS, Texas AM (A+)
Round 7 Pick 10 (DET): Bunting, Sean, CB, Central Michigan (A+)

Discuss Thrower 03-19-2019 10:20 AM

Not thrilled with the fact that my best score so far requires swapping a future first rounder.
Spoiler!

Your score is: 32296 (GRADE: A+)

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 10 (CINN): Jones, Dre'Mont, DT, Ohio State (A)
Round 3 Pick 6 (T.B.): Bryant, Austin, DE, Clemson (A+)
Round 4 Pick 1 (ARI): Snell Jr, Benny, RB, Kentucky (A+)
Round 4 Pick 5 (T.B.): Herbig, Nate, OG, Stanford (A+)
Round 4 Pick 35 (ATL): Williams, Joejuan, CB, Vanderbilt (A+)
Round 5 Pick 1 (ARI): Eberle, Alec, C, Florida State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 29: Gant, Malik, FS/SS, Marshall (A+)
Round 6 Pick 28: Bunting, Sean, CB, Central Michigan (A+)
Round 6 Pick 41 (COMP): Renfrow, Hunter, WR, Clemson (A+)
Round 7 Pick 2: Allison, Jeff, ILB, Fresno State (A+)

Your Future Picks:
2020 Round 1 Pick
2021 Round 1 Pick

The Franchise 03-19-2019 11:39 AM

29. Nasir Adderley, S Delaware
61. Jaylon Ferguson, EDGE LA Tech
63. Rock Ya-Sin, CB Temple
92. Miles Boykin, WR Notre Dame
167. Germaine Pratt, LB NC State
201. Jalen Hurd, WR Baylor
214. Alex Bars, IOL Notre Dame
216. Khalil Hodge, LB Buffalo

Chief Roundup 03-20-2019 10:15 PM

DL DEXTER LAWRENCE
CLEMSON
CB TRAYVON MULLEN
CLEMSON
LB TRE LAMAR
CLEMSON
EDGE CHRISTIAN MILLER
ALABAMA
TE FOSTER MOREAU
LSU
LB BLAKE CASHMAN
MINNESOTA
WR JAZZ FERGUSON
NORTHWESTERN STATE
C JAVON PATTERSON
OLE MISS

htismaqe 03-20-2019 11:19 PM

Three players from Clemson in the first two rounds? LOL

kccrow 03-21-2019 01:19 AM

S JOHNATHAN ABRAM
MISS. STATE
LB MACK WILSON
ALABAMA
CB JUSTIN LAYNE
MICHIGAN ST.
WR ANDY ISABELLA
MASSACHUSETTS
EDGE SHAREEF MILLER
PENN ST.
LB BLAKE CASHMAN
MINNESOTA
RB DEVINE OZIGBO
NEBRASKA
TE ZACH GENTRY
MICHIGAN

Chris Meck 03-21-2019 01:27 PM

no matter which board I use, no matter which difficulty I set it on, or which 'needs' list, I always end up with Adderley, Rapp, or Abram at #29, Thornhill usually lasts until the 2nd #2 pick. CB almost always Ya-Sin, Oruwariye, Mullen last until the 2nd round picks. Omenihu or Allen always there in round 2.

Some guys are going to fall, there's only #32 spots in the first.

Chief Roundup 03-22-2019 07:39 PM

CB BYRON MURPHY
WASHINGTON
TE IRV SMITH, JR.
ALABAMA
C ERIK MCCOY
TEXAS A&M
WR RILEY RIDLEY
GEORGIA
EDGE CARL GRANDERSON
WYOMING
LB TRE LAMAR
CLEMSON
EDGE GERRI GREEN
MISSISSIPPI ST.
LB BLAKE CASHMAN
MINNESOTA

Chris Meck 03-24-2019 11:21 AM

This would be the best draft ever. I really, really didn't want to take an offensive player in the first, but Hock falling just had to. I used the newest update; on difficult setting.
TE TJ HOCKENSON
IOWA
CB ROCK YA-SIN
TEMPLE
EDGE CHARLES OMENIHU
TEXAS
S JAQUAN JOHNSON
MIAMI
WR HUNTER RENFROW
CLEMSON
LB DRUE TRANQUILL
NOTRE DAME
EDGE PORTER GUSTIN
USC
RB DEVINE OZIGBO
NEBRASKA

Can you imagine 2 TE sets with Kelce and Hock? Renfrow is Edelman 2.0. Ya-Sin and Omenihu would play a lot right away I think. Tranquill is underrated. I think Gustin could be a late round steal if his injury history is behind him. Ozigbo could be a future starter too.

Chiefshrink 03-24-2019 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14177109)
Can you imagine 2 TE sets with Kelce and Hock?

Hock falling to 29? He doesn't get past 10 IMHO. But yes IF Hock or Fant fell to us it would be a nightmare for defenses for sure.

Chris Meck 03-25-2019 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 14177551)
Hock falling to 29? He doesn't get past 10 IMHO. But yes IF Hock or Fant fell to us it would be a nightmare for defenses for sure.

Oh yeah, I don't think it'd happen, especially with teams having multiple #1 picks.

But dude. IF IT DID?

sheeeeeeeyit.

Chief Roundup 03-27-2019 09:54 PM

EDGE MONTEZ SWEAT
MISSISSIPPI STATE
CB AMANI ORUWARIYE
PENN STATE
C ELGTON JENKINS
MISSISSIPPI STATE
LB VOSEAN JOSEPH
FLORIDA
TE FOSTER MOREAU
LSU
LB DAKOTA ALLEN
TEXAS TECH
OT MITCH HYATT
CLEMSON
DL ED ALEXANDER
LSU

In58men 03-27-2019 10:11 PM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...e6b4670631.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...e6f017fa84.gif

Fat fingers on the last pick. Meant to go G not back to back OT

BossChief 03-27-2019 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14177109)
This would be the best draft ever. I really, really didn't want to take an offensive player in the first, but Hock falling just had to. I used the newest update; on difficult setting.
TE TJ HOCKENSON
IOWA
CB ROCK YA-SIN
TEMPLE
EDGE CHARLES OMENIHU
TEXAS
S JAQUAN JOHNSON
MIAMI
WR HUNTER RENFROW
CLEMSON
LB DRUE TRANQUILL
NOTRE DAME
EDGE PORTER GUSTIN
USC
RB DEVINE OZIGBO
NEBRASKA

Can you imagine 2 TE sets with Kelce and Hock? Renfrow is Edelman 2.0. Ya-Sin and Omenihu would play a lot right away I think. Tranquill is underrated. I think Gustin could be a late round steal if his injury history is behind him. Ozigbo could be a future starter too.

this is pretty much what I’m hoping for

Chris Meck 03-28-2019 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14183920)
this is pretty much what I’m hoping for

It would be an amazing draft. Fill pretty much all holes on defense plus add new toys for Andy and Pat.

The Franchise 03-28-2019 02:04 PM

On difficult. Totally unrealistic.

TE TJ HOCKENSON
IOWA

C GARRETT BRADBURY
NC STATE

EDGE CHARLES OMENIHU
TEXAS

CB DAVID LONG
MICHIGAN

DL KHALEN SAUNDERS
WESTERN ILLINOIS

LB BLAKE CASHMAN
MINNESOTA

EDGE MAXX CROSBY
EASTERN MICHIGAN

WR MILES BOYKIN
NOTRE DAME

Chargem 03-30-2019 02:43 AM

Fanspeak Brad Board (March 29), Fanspeak Steve team needs, Difficult.

Would cream. Only missed out on WR, all the ones I wanted went slightly before I could snag one.

1: R1P29
TE T.J. HOCKENSON
IOWA

2: R2P29
CB ROCK YA-SIN
TEMPLE

3: R2P31
S CHAUNCEY GARDNER-JOHNSON
FLORIDA

4: R3P28
EDGE D'ANDRE WALKER
GEORGIA

5: R5P29
OT CHUMA EDOGA
USC

6: R6P28
LB KHALIL HODGE
BUFFALO

7: R6P41
DL KINGSLEY KEKE
TEXAS A&M

8: R7P2
CB DAVID LONG
MICHIGAN

Chris Meck 04-01-2019 11:02 AM

Pretty good balanced draft this time. Hockenson was actually there at 29 but he has been every time I've drafted for the last week. I think that's totally unrealistic and I'm bored with the thought so I skipped him.

S NASIR ADDERLEY
DELAWARE
WR PARRIS CAMPBELL
OHIO STATE
EDGE CHASE WINOVICH
MICHIGAN
CB AMANI ORUWARIYE
PENN STATE