ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Le’Veon Bell wow. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=313351)

arrwheader 01-19-2018 09:23 AM

Le’Veon Bell wow.

I just cut out the parts in the article about Bell.

Holy shit what a douchebag.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201801180124

Quote:

Bell performed as well as expected in 2017 and made All-Pro again. But he also threatened to sit out the year if they put the franchise tag on him for the second time. That tag will be 20 percent higher than last year’s $12.12 million, so make it $14.57.

It’s probably an idle threat, but the Steelers have to be reaching a point where they ask, is he worth it? He turned down their offer last year of a contract that would have paid him more than $12 million on average per year and more than $30 million in the first two. The next highest-paid backs earn $8.5 million per year. His agent wanted to take it, Bell did not.

So what’s to make anyone think they can come to terms on a multiple-year deal this time? If they can’t, using that franchise tag would stress their salary cap because it all would count against it in 2018. Over The Cap pegs their cap room at $2.7 million, pending a rise in the cap, for their top 51 contracts (the only ones who count in the offseason). That does not include Bell.

If they do reach the breaking point, they could use that $14.57 million elsewhere — or not make moves to find the room — and draft another halfback in the first or second round. If Bell leaves as a free agent, the Steelers would receive a compensatory draft pick in 2019, perhaps in the third round.

It’s possible Le’Veon Bell will not play for the Steelers in 2018.
Quote:

Nevertheless, there is another elephant in the room that Rooney, Tomlin and Colbert must address. Are the Steelers’ disciplined enough?

Tomlin never lost the locker room, he had it under control and his players respect him. However, there were many instances in which he could have taken better control, including the fiasco for the national anthem in Chicago.

As another example, Tomlin wants players and coaches to report to the locker room two hours before kickoff for games. That was continually ignored by both players and a coach or two.

Not only did Bell arrive much later than that for the playoff game against Jacksonville (as well as one coach), he missed practically the entire Saturday walk-through the day before, showing up about five minutes before practice ended.

Tomlin’s reaction to Mitchell supposedly yelling at the Jaguars outside their locker room before the playoff game?

“That’s part of what I was talking about in today’s climate,” he replied. “That’s really kind of irrelevant to me.”

notorious 01-19-2018 09:26 AM

Bell is the type of back that will get annihilated on another team with his style of running. He best just sign with the Squeelers.

wheeler08 01-19-2018 09:30 AM

I feel like the Steelers are falling apart and I love it! First Haley, then the board members call for Tomlins head, then Big Ben throws him under the bus about calling QB sneaks, now this!!

ThaVirus 01-19-2018 09:30 AM

He's not even as good as everyone thinks he is. In the perfect position and he averages 4.3 YPC. He just gets fed an absolute shit ton.

Loved how he Tweeted about having two back to back round 2s, essentially counting the Jags game as an automatic W, and then got his dick stomped. **** him, Antonio Brown, the rapist and that whole ****ing city.

Rausch 01-19-2018 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrwheader (Post 13369785)
Not only did Bell arrive much later than that for the playoff game against Jacksonville (as well as one coach), he missed practically the entire Saturday walk-through the day before, showing up about five minutes before practice ended.

I'm a huge Bell fan but that is complete BS.

You aren't getting a huge franchise contract (probably wouldn't anyway considering the economics of the HB position right now) by being selfish and not even showing up for practice before the biggest game of the year.

That's...:facepalm:

ThaVirus 01-19-2018 09:34 AM

What really soured me on these ****s is a post-game interview they had recently. I can't remember who the game was against or when exactly it was, but it was a woman interviewing Bell and Brown. She asked Bell a question about Brown and he's like "yada yada he's [Brown] the best WR in the world" then she passed it over to Brown and asked him something about Bell and he's like "woogity woo woo he's [Bell] the best RB in the world".

It was just so ****ing pretentious. I've hated them both ever since.

Rausch 01-19-2018 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 13369804)
He's not even as good as everyone thinks he is. In the perfect position and he averages 4.3 YPC. He just gets fed an absolute shit ton.

He's a beast.

You don't stay on top by holding out and skipping practice though.

wazu 01-19-2018 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 13369816)
What really soured me on these ****s is a post-game interview they had recently. I can't remember who the game was against or when exactly it was, but it was a woman interviewing Bell and Brown. She asked Bell a question about Brown and he's like "yada yada he's [Brown] the best WR in the world" then she passed it over to Brown and asked him something about Bell and he's like "woogity woo woo he's [Bell] the best RB in the world".

I hate them now too just based on your post. Thank you.

tmax63 01-19-2018 09:42 AM

There are great RBs coming out of college every year. Can you replace Bell with a rookie, no but if you get 80% for 10% of the money or less that leaves a lot of room for other positions.

Hammock Parties 01-19-2018 09:44 AM

Lotta jack for a guy who has never scored 10 rushing TDs.

gblowfish 01-19-2018 09:47 AM

He'll end up with the Raiders after Beast Mode retires.

Abba-Dabba 01-19-2018 09:47 AM

Eh, who cares.

Bell will get paid, Brown will continue to have a HOF pace and all will be okay.

RunKC 01-19-2018 09:47 AM

That’s why they ran his ass into the ground this year. He had the most rushing attempts of any RB.

This moron will soon learn. It’s another strong RB class. I think they tell him to **** off, take the 3rd rd comp and draft a RB early this year to go with James Connor.

The Franchise 01-19-2018 09:48 AM

He’s better hope that he signs with a team that the offensive line can hold every play. That’s the only way his running style works.

Chief_For_Life58 01-19-2018 10:04 AM

I honestly would let him walk, you know big ben is about done, youre close to going into a total rebuild, trade antonio brown, cut bait, and start rebuilding

wheeler08 01-19-2018 10:09 AM

I like that Fournette had more rushing TDs at Heinz Field this year than Bell had. That’s pretty sad

Chiefshrink 01-19-2018 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 13369848)
He’s better hope that he signs with a team that the offensive line can hold every play. That’s the only way his running style works.

Yep ! He doesn't realize just how good his o-line is when it comes to run blocking and shows no real genuine appreciation.

Tomlin's chinks in his armor beginning to show for sure i.e. to his leadership. Not dealing with 'attitudes' appropriately is taking its toll. Only discipline I saw from Tomlin was i.e. to Bryant.

Seems to me even Tomlin himself is getting caught reading his own press clippings in the last 5 yrs especially to his offense.

ThaVirus 01-19-2018 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 13369883)
I honestly would let him walk, you know big ben is about done, youre close to going into a total rebuild, trade antonio brown, cut bait, and start rebuilding

You’ve got to keep AB

siberian khatru 01-19-2018 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 13369816)

Are you saying they literally said "yada yada" and "woogity woo woo"?

Shaid 01-19-2018 10:13 AM

I'd let him walk for that price tag as well.

Chiefnj2 01-19-2018 10:17 AM

If Bell wants some quick cash he can see if the Browns are interested.

jdubya 01-19-2018 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 13369844)

If Al Davis were still alive I agree. Reggie McKenzie is too cheap to pull that off haha

The Franchise 01-19-2018 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 13369844)

Gruden wouldn't put up with his shit.

Bewbies 01-19-2018 10:41 AM

12.5M for a back? LMAO

Peace out bitch.

ptlyon 01-19-2018 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 13369903)
Are you saying they literally said "yada yada" and "woogity woo woo"?

Giggity

arrwheader 01-19-2018 11:38 AM

You can definitely tell that Tomlin lets his players be themselves but clearly he doesn’t do enough to keep their shit in check. With all the shit talking they did overlooking the jags and really just the overall outward bullshit you hear the players speak just comes off to me like he doesn’t have very good control over the team.

Good though **** the Steelers so glad they got to witness their dicks stomped at home as the 2 seed. The only thing better than that is a complete implosion of that franchise. Let’s hope so.

lcarus 01-19-2018 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 13369883)

It's great their window is slamming shut. Shame we couldn't beat them when it mattered.

Rain Man 01-19-2018 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 13369848)

Yeah, he's the next Trent Richardson if the Steelers don't keep him and continue holding.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 01-19-2018 11:55 AM

Watch Dorsey snag him.
Then sign a big tight end.

Gordon/Bell/(Jimmy Graham?)

MahiMike 01-19-2018 12:15 PM

Does it really matter how much he makes? He'll be bankrupt before he sees 40.

notorious 01-19-2018 12:17 PM

His agent has to be frustrated.

Chiefnj2 01-19-2018 12:22 PM

Never a good sign when one side tries to negotiate the contract through the media.

Sassy Squatch 01-19-2018 12:32 PM

He can always fall back on his rapping career.

rabblerouser 01-19-2018 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13370111)
He can always fall back on his rapping career.

Aren't they all rappers now?

pugsnotdrugs19 01-19-2018 12:51 PM

Mark my words, the Steelers are melting down... slowly but surely

The Franchise 01-19-2018 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13370142)

Ben should have retired.

pugsnotdrugs19 01-19-2018 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 13370150)
Ben should have retired.

I think he's a big part of the problem in this case. Great player obviously and they can't win a title without him, but he just doesn't carry himself like a QB and franchise leader should. All of the blame that he throws around, never just takes responsibility or blows off questions... his injury sequences have always been overly dramatic as well.

That franchise is a soap opera and he's the lead man.

Sassy Squatch 01-19-2018 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13370156)
I think he's a big part of the problem in this case. Great player obviously and they can't win a title without him, but he just doesn't carry himself like a QB and franchise leader should. All of the blame that he throws around, never just takes responsibility or blows off questions... his injury sequences have always been overly dramatic as well.

Dude was a piece of shit during his early years in the NFL. For him to throw shade at any of his teammates would make him a hypocrite.

Bwana 01-19-2018 01:08 PM

He's starting to remind me of Leon from the old Bud Light commercials.

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JYB6xteh5TA" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen="" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3BkIh1R5utY" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

OmahaChief 01-19-2018 01:20 PM

Destined to be a Raider.

DRM08 01-19-2018 01:22 PM

Good RB’s are a dime a dozen and don’t cost $15-20m per year. Kareem Hunt proved it this year as a rookie who wasn’t drafted in the first round. Steelers are fools if they give in to Bell’s demands.

Why Not? 01-19-2018 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 13370165)
He's starting to remind me of Leon from the old Bud Light commercials.

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JYB6xteh5TA" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen="" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3BkIh1R5utY" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Perfect comp

A8bil 01-19-2018 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13370056)
Yeah, he's the next Trent Richardson if the Steelers don't keep him and continue holding.

Not sure what that means....but if you're saying Bell sucks...can't agree. His running style is almost exactly like Frank Gore's. It relies on vision, balance, small creases, quick bursts. He absolutely needs the line to create those creases, but so does every back. His running style can keep him relevant for 5 more years, IMO.

BWillie 01-19-2018 02:40 PM

Huge locker room issues with Pittsburgh. That is why I didn't find it unexpected for them to lose to the Jags. They are better, but everyone on that team hates each other.

arrwheader 01-19-2018 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13370156)

Exactly what I was trying to say in an earlier post. Just doesn't seem like most of the star players have a great attitude. A bunch of individuals on that team. Either all of them have unmanageable personalities or Tomlin just sucks ass at keeping them in check.

pugsnotdrugs19 01-19-2018 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrwheader (Post 13370307)
Exactly what I was trying to say in an earlier post. Just doesn't seem like most of the star players have a great attitude. A bunch of individuals on that team. Either all of them have unmanageable personalities or Tomlin just sucks ass at keeping them in check.

Which is even more funny because everyone talks about how Tomlin is such a great leader and commander of men...

Hog's Gone Fishin 01-19-2018 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigeRRUppeRRcut (Post 13370059)
Watch Dorsey snag him.

And throw in Alex Smiff and right there he gets them from 0-16 to a playoff game. Just like he did with KC.

JakeF 01-19-2018 04:17 PM

Just tag him, run him into the ground and move on. NFL RBs don't last long enough to invest that much.

JakeF 01-19-2018 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 13370519)
And throw in Alex Smiff and right there he gets them from 0-16 to a playoff game. Just like he did with KC.

I guess it isn't just Tigger that brings up Smith in every thread.

Couch-Potato 01-19-2018 06:36 PM

They will franchise him. No reason not to, he won't sit out the season.

notorious 01-19-2018 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 13370838)
They will franchise him. No reason not to, he won't sit out the season.

Yep, and if he doesn't show up, he doesn't get paid.

**** him. Normally I side with players against the owners, but he is a real piece of work that's absorbed in his own bullshit world.

Deberg_1990 01-19-2018 07:22 PM

He’s a great talent and probably has a few more good seasons left. But I wouldn’t pay him. RBs are dispensable, easily replaced and have been devalued in today’s NFL.

notorious 01-19-2018 07:24 PM

I think he is similar to Priest Holmes. He's in the perfect offense to overblow his skillset.

If Priest would have been on another team without that O-Line he would have still been a decent player, but nowhere near what he was at KC. If Bell leaves, I bet he fades into the wind like a popcorn fart.

wazu 01-19-2018 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigeRRUppeRRcut (Post 13370059)
Watch Dorsey snag him.

Some good weapons for Smith.

Easy 6 01-19-2018 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13370142)

Its not just Haley either, as I bet you already know

Cowherd says Ben has had it up to his eyeballs with Tomlin as well, alluding to the fact that he has no control over the team due to his lack of discipline

One report I read this morning even said of Ben, roughly quoted...

'The Patriots are a group of adults, we are not'

Lulz, cant wait to see them fail, nothing lasts forever and neither will the Steelers dynasty... Tomlins big mouth and lack of control will be the end of him

kysirsoze 01-19-2018 08:32 PM

I hope one day people are laughing at the Chiefs melt down after we win two Superbowls and Mahomes is HoF bound.

Chiefnj2 01-19-2018 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13371015)
Its not just Haley either, as I bet you already know

Cowherd says Ben has had it up to his eyeballs with Tomlin as well, alluding to the fact that he has no control over the team due to his lack of discipline

One report I read this morning even said of Ben, roughly quoted...

'The Patriots are a group of adults, we are not'

Lulz, cant wait to see them fail, nothing lasts forever and neither will the Steelers dynasty... Tomlins big mouth and lack of control will be the end of him

Ben has no room to talk. He's a drama queen who is lucky the head coach and team put up with him.

Easy 6 01-19-2018 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 13371070)
Ben has no room to talk. He's a drama queen who is lucky the head coach and team put up with him.

All of that was likely true about him a few years ago, but looking from the outside in over there... he is dead on

The probable HOF QB cant even audible out of clearly bad calls

Big mouth, shit talking HC who presides over divas like Bell and Brown, ripping his Army Ranger LT for daring to go out during the anthem, lets a drunk like Haley stick around... Tomlin has come to believe his own press IMO

dlphg9 01-19-2018 09:44 PM

Bell has only played 16 games one time. Guy can't stay on the field, so why would he expect a big contract. He's an idiot

DaneMcCloud 01-19-2018 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 13371146)
Bell has only played 16 games one time. Guy can't stay on the field, so why would he expect a big contract. He's an idiot

How does anyone play 16 games “one time”?

dlphg9 01-19-2018 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13371148)
How does anyone play 16 games “one time”?

*In a season. You know what I meant.

Mother****erJones 01-19-2018 11:59 PM

Pittsburgh should try and find a Champ Bailey kind of swap for Bell. This ****ing guy is great but he needs to just go to a team that’ll pay him his $16 mil per year. They have too many “me” players. Pittsburgh is doing it correctly. Run this ****er into the ground then he’ll be someone else’s problem.

PutQuinnIn 01-20-2018 12:05 AM

Isn't Daniel Snyder due to over pay for somebody?

Rausch 01-20-2018 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 13369907)
If Bell wants some quick cash he can see if the Browns are interested.

Laugh all you want but Bell and Smiff would get them 6-7 wins...

cmh6476 03-19-2024 02:06 PM

you can now find the man on only fans

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="fr" dir="ltr">Le&#39;Veon Bell ����*♂️ <a href="https://t.co/A0J5EqVZuR">pic.twitter.com/A0J5EqVZuR</a></p>&mdash; Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) <a href="https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1769826977639207201?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 18, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/...nt-is-terrible

siberian khatru 03-19-2024 02:09 PM

Bring him in for a look?

cmh6476 03-19-2024 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 17450076)
Bring him in for a look?

rumor has it, he'll never play for Andy Reid again

notorious 03-19-2024 03:00 PM

I was looking back at his career, and he had....382 carries and 32 catches in 13 games his final year of college.

Holy shitballs that a lot of touches.

scho63 03-19-2024 04:20 PM

I wish I haddened looked at the post that bumped this thread.......:sulk:

cmh6476 03-19-2024 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 17450294)
I wish I happened looked at the post that bumped this thread.......:sulk:

PBJ

Jewish Rabbi 03-19-2024 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmh6476 (Post 17450071)
you can now find the man on only fans

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="fr" dir="ltr">Le&#39;Veon Bell ����*♂️ <a href="https://t.co/A0J5EqVZuR">pic.twitter.com/A0J5EqVZuR</a></p>&mdash; Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) <a href="https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1769826977639207201?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 18, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/...nt-is-terrible

How do u subscribe

cabletech94 03-19-2024 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 17450362)
How do u subscribe

We all know,you of all people know how this works!!!

ZING!!!!!

Rain Man 03-19-2024 07:04 PM

There have to be some women out there who have a kink for older guys with shaved heads. What do you think I could bring in if I was on Onlyfans? I'm always interested in diversifying my income streams.

chiefzilla1501 03-19-2024 07:09 PM

I don't have the patience to sit through that shit with how long it took him to find a hole

Buehler445 03-19-2024 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 17450587)
There have to be some women out there who have a kink for older guys with shaved heads. What do you think I could bring in if I was on Onlyfans? I'm always interested in diversifying my income streams.

Only one way to find out.

srvy 03-19-2024 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 17450587)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AD-E2B5GfI8?si=Tmj-z1QVWJZUp57s" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Mahatma
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5-3PVxc5CxY?si=iZ_hy7m0ls4_R3C0" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chitownchiefsfan 03-19-2024 09:17 PM

I completely forgot this guy was a chief for a season.