ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Does Kenny Chesney suck? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=116476)

Jenson71 05-17-2005 08:44 PM

Does Kenny Chesney suck?

Simple question...

ChiefsCountry 05-17-2005 08:51 PM

Nope, I always have liked his music.

Jenson71 05-17-2005 08:51 PM

Sitting pretty tight at 2-2 right now.

Cmon, he's pop people. His songs are preachy.

Saulbadguy 05-17-2005 08:52 PM

Country singer. Therefore, sucks.

Deberg_1990 05-17-2005 08:54 PM

Yea, ill bet he sucks on Renee Zellweger quite a bit. I know i would.

Hammock Parties 05-17-2005 08:54 PM

Carrie Underwood destroys him.

Jenson71 05-17-2005 08:55 PM

I just changed my mind. I like him actually.

Skip Towne 05-17-2005 08:56 PM

He's Country, Country Sucks, end of story.

Hammock Parties 05-17-2005 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenson71
I just changed my mind. I like him actually.

We have to ban you.

jspchief 05-17-2005 08:57 PM

All current country singers suck. I'm not categorically anti-country, but it's as bad as it's ever been right now. They are all too busy trying to write the next "best wedding song evah!" to actually make entertaining music.

And Toby Keith can't die soon enough.

Logical 05-17-2005 09:00 PM

Where the heck is the

Who the hell is he option?

Skip Towne 05-17-2005 09:00 PM

I'll bet Faith Hill would do a lot better especially if you took out the country music part.

jspchief 05-17-2005 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne
I'll bet Faith Hill would do a lot better especially if you took out the country music part.

She put out a pop album. It did quite well I think.

Iowanian 05-17-2005 09:05 PM

I think he's put out some pretty good stuff the past few years. That said, I'm getting tired quickly of his "back when I was in High school song" phase.

Jenson71 05-17-2005 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vlad Logicslav
Where the heck is the

He's entertainer of the year, mang. Come outta the rock...

Skip Towne 05-17-2005 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief
She put out a pop album. It did quite well I think.

She really has an awesome voice. Our local Tulsa radio station plays the Star Spangled Banner by a different artist every morning. Faith is the best of all with Ray Charles a close second. Whitney Houston gets third place.

Skip Towne 05-17-2005 09:10 PM

Oops! I forgot Martina McBride. She is tied for second with Ray Charles.

Deberg_1990 05-17-2005 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne
Oops! I forgot Martina McBride. She is tied for second with Ray Charles.

Ray Charles sings a Killer version of America the Beautiful. Brings a tear to my eye everytime.

Skip Towne 05-17-2005 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990
Ray Charles sings a Killer version of America the Beautiful. Brings a tear to my eye everytime.

Agreed. I've heard it.

Nzoner 05-17-2005 09:23 PM

I try to avoid country music like I try and avoid Nascar,wow,I think I just realized why me and the mrs have nothing in common anymore.

Logical 05-17-2005 09:24 PM

Quote:

He's entertainer of the year, mang. Come outta the rock...

NO :harumph:ROFL

CoMoChief 05-17-2005 09:25 PM

He's pretty good, though Country is turning more into pop these days. Rascal Flatts shouldn't even be considered Country music. I watched the Academy of Country Music Awards tonite and listened to Tim McGraw sing live and he was singing flat through the entire song, he was terrible.

Deberg_1990 05-17-2005 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BSPimpDude
He's pretty good, though Country is turning more into pop these days. Rascal Flatts shouldn't even be considered Country music. I watched the Academy of Country Music Awards tonite and listened to Tim McGraw sing live and he was singing flat through the entire song, he was terrible.

The trend towards Pop started about 15-16 years ago when Garth Brooks hit the scene. He incorporated alot of pop songs in his concerts and performances. He has also admitted growing up listening to alot of 70's popular rock. He definately had on influence on todays country artists because he was the first HUGE country/pop crossover artist.

Skip Towne 05-17-2005 09:40 PM

Where is the Anne Murray option? I love her husky voice. So does every lesbian in the country.

Ultra Peanut 05-17-2005 09:45 PM

Is the sun a mass of incandescent gas, a gigantic nuclear furnace?

YES.

Does Kenny Chesney suck?

YES.

keg in kc 05-17-2005 09:56 PM

Who? Is this one of those twangy 'necks who sings both kinds of musak, country and western? If so, then yes, he sucks. By default. All country sucks.

Frazod 05-17-2005 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vlad Logicslav
Where the heck is the

That was my first thought. :spock:

theultimatekcchiefsfan 05-17-2005 10:48 PM

Kenny Chesney is very good. Come on people.

KCWolfman 05-17-2005 11:01 PM

He certainly is the new Roy Clark/Randy Travis/Garth Brooks

Phobia 05-17-2005 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990

Actually - no. He doesn't.

Chesney does suck, though. I even like country music. I just don't like Chesney. He thinks my tractor's sexy.

wildcat09 05-17-2005 11:43 PM

F kenny chesney and the bridgette jones he rode in on

Taco John 05-18-2005 04:18 AM

Chenny who?

MichaelH 05-18-2005 04:39 AM

I think he sucks and I don't mind country music. He's bald as a bat and can't sing worth a hoot. I don't understand why women think he's so good looking. And his whole deal doesn't make sense. He's from Tennessee yet he sings about the beach like he's Jimmy Buffet.

RNR 05-18-2005 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelH
I think he sucks and I don't mind country music. He's bald as a bat and can't sing worth a hoot. I don't understand why women think he's so good looking. And his whole deal doesn't make sense. He's from Tennessee yet he sings about the beach like he's Jimmy Buffet.

I voted he sucks, but that is not really true. I just don't care for his style. As stated above he is a wanna be Jimmy Buffet.

Jenson71 05-18-2005 05:46 AM

You know who's really great? Brooks and Dunn.

MichaelH 05-18-2005 05:56 AM

Quote:

You know who's really great? Brooks and Dunn.

They're not too bad. They used to be better earlier in their career in my opinion. I'm more a fan of the country artists that rock.

Braincase 05-18-2005 06:07 AM

I don't listen to country, but I hear he's pretty good, although he needs to get his hat properly fitted.

mlyonsd 05-18-2005 06:41 AM

I saw Chesney in concert just to see the opening act Yankeee Grey.

One of my favorites is Alan Jackson.

Saulbadguy 05-18-2005 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief
All current country singers suck. I'm not categorically anti-country, but it's as bad as it's ever been right now. They are all too busy trying to write the next "best wedding song evah!" to actually make entertaining music.

And Toby Keith can't die soon enough.

I'll agree with that. I don't mind "old" country. Everyone around here (my work) listens to it, and its not bad. All the newer shit is just that..shit. I don't care to hear about your tractor, thank you.

We verbally abused Toby Keith pretty bad at last years K-State vs OU game. The jagoff was walking around on the sidelines acting like he owned the place.

MichaelH 05-18-2005 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy
I'll agree with that. I don't mind "old" country. Everyone around here (my work) listens to it, and its not bad. All the newer shit is just that..shit. I don't care to hear about your tractor, thank you.

We verbally abused Toby Keith pretty bad at last years K-State vs OU game. The jagoff was walking around on the sidelines acting like he owned the place.

I went through a phase when I listened to country a lot. But it was rockin stuff like Montgomery Gentry and Pat Green stuff. I agree, this country that's out right now is written as wedding music. It has no soul, it's just 3 minutes of the country eqivalent to Whitney Houston. BLEH!

the Talking Can 05-18-2005 07:06 AM

yes, Kenni Chesty's music sucks like Eric Hicks in DV's office....

Fire Me Boy! 05-18-2005 07:35 AM

I don't know anything about him except the fact that Renee Zellweger just married him... and I'm jealous. I would do things to her that are illegal in 47 states.

Chiefnj 05-18-2005 07:41 AM

I like Kenny Chesney and I like the current country/rock/pop music. I grew up on old fashioned rock and roll and I think a lot of the current country music is a lot closer to it than today's modern "rock".

ck_IN 05-18-2005 09:00 AM

I wouldn't say he sucks but I'd like to see him branch out from the beach bum cowboy shtick. It's getting a little thin and Jimmy Buffet already owns that franchise.

Ultra Peanut 05-18-2005 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!
I don't know anything about him except the fact that Renee Zellweger just married him... and I'm jealous. I would do things to her that are illegal in 47 states.

Those poor frozen chickens.

RedNFeisty 05-18-2005 09:38 AM

I am listening to him right now, I like his music. He sure is prudy to look at as long as he keeps his hat on!! He could also grow a few inches.

Iowanian 05-18-2005 09:51 AM

I know a gal from the Maryville-St Jo region who was poking him a year or two ago....She got a backstage pass, and must have had some kryptonite....I think he called her and flew her to a handfull of places, and I know bought her a car.

Yeah...she was a hooker...she just wouldn't admit it. don't worry though, I let her know that she had indeed put a price on the pelt.

RedNFeisty 05-18-2005 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian
I know a gal from the Maryville-St Jo region who was poking him a year or two ago....She got a backstage pass, and must have had some kryptonite....I think he called her and flew her to a handfull of places, and I know bought her a car.

Yeah...she was a hooker...she just wouldn't admit it. don't worry though, I let her know that she had indeed put a price on the pelt.

I don't see the problem there. ROFL

Iowanian 05-18-2005 10:03 AM

She is blonde, slender and attractive, but I don't think any piece of hide is worth the price of a new expedition.........not even if she could solve a rubix cube with her labia.

ck_IN 05-18-2005 10:08 AM

<i>not even if she could solve a rubix cube with her labia.</i>

I'll agree with you on the specific price but a talent like that is worth something. Hell I'd pay a certain amount just to watch! ROFL

Mosbonian 05-18-2005 10:09 AM

He's not that bad...in his early days he was much better. Someone has given him the impression that he need's to be a 'crossover' artist. One of this best songs was "That's Why I'm Here", about the effects of alcoholism...

Most of today's "Country" stars are what used to fit into the mainstream pop genre....there are just a few left who actually do what most view as "country".....George Strait, Alan Jackson are a couple.

Lot of the kids nowadays love the "new country" artists like Montgomery/Gentry, Big & Rich, and Gretchen Wilson...

I'll take Martina, Sara Evans, Faith Hill anyday.....

mmaddog

Iowanian 05-18-2005 10:12 AM

The Best new country artist right now IMO is Dirks Bentley.

The Best Active, traditional Country artist right now is Brad Paisley. George Strait has pretty much sold out to cookie cutter songs, outside of "i hate everything" for the past decade.

RedNFeisty 05-18-2005 10:12 AM

Quote:

She is blonde, slender and attractive, but I don't think any piece of hide is worth the price of a new expedition.........not even if she could solve a rubix cube with her labia.

Ah, she probably didn't bust his balls about crap, kept her mouth shut and just spread her legs. With him having the money he does, it was probably worth the payments to not deal with groupies or stupid girls to get laid.

I don't think one could harp on the girl, she got the best outcome. At least she wasn't giving it away for free.

Iowanian 05-18-2005 10:16 AM

I don't blame him for laying the wood to her. I could see it being worth a plane ticket to get her somewhere.........and I've heard he is known for paying the student loans and buying cars for his finest Ho's.

Like Ck said.......I'd pay the $10 cover to see her solve the rubix cube with the meat curtains, or shoot the pingpong ball with the number I call into the hoop 10' away.........But I wouldn't buy her a car.

Like I said.....If you're humping someone for a car, you're a hooker. NTTAWWT

I don't blame guys like KC....If I were single and famous, I'd lay more pipe than the local plumbing shop at every stop. Wilt Chamberlin would have been sayin "damn Iowanian, you're gonna kill yo-self at that pace"

RedNFeisty 05-18-2005 10:18 AM

I enjoy the "New Country" I have gotten rather tired of the crying in my beer songs with the slow southern twang.

Mosbonian 05-18-2005 10:19 AM

Quote:

The Best new country artist right now IMO is Dirks Bentley.

The Best Active, traditional Country artist right now is Brad Paisley. George Strait has pretty much sold out to cookie cutter songs, outside of "i hate everything" for the past decade.

I like Dierks Bentley too....

Brad Paisley's recent duest with Alison Kraus was traditional of the old George Jones/Tammy Wynette or Porter Wagoner/Dolly Parton songs...one of my favorite songs that he does is "Celebrity"....the video is actually pretty funny.

I guess I won't fault George to "selling out" a little, considering that he has lasted longer than a lot of the 'come and go" artists of recent times. I do like his song he has out right now that is on his not-yet-released album, "See You On the Other Side"....

Of course...I was a big Statler Brother's fan too...

mmaddog

RedNFeisty 05-18-2005 10:20 AM

Quote:

I don't blame him for laying the wood to her. I could see it being worth a plane ticket to get her somewhere.........and I've heard he is known for paying the student loans and buying cars for his finest Ho's.

Like Ck said.......I'd pay the $10 cover to see her solve the rubix cube with the meat curtains, or shoot the pingpong ball with the number I call into the hoop 10' away.........But I wouldn't buy her a car.

I don't blame guys like KC....If I were single and famous, I'd lay more pipe than the local plumbing shop at every stop. Wilt Chamberlin would have been sayin "damn Iowanian, you're gonna kill yo-self at that pace"

I am sure that she didn't come out and say buy me a car for payment, and no one would turn down a car. I look at it as just being a perk for boning a star!

Mosbonian 05-18-2005 10:21 AM

Quote:

ROFL :clap:

Rep!!!!

Iowanian 05-18-2005 10:23 AM

I prefer the older stuff. Waylon, Some David Alan Coe (only hell my mama ever raised, the ride...) George Jones(check out "radio lover), Cash, Hag....

I don't like the country that could be played on a pop station at all.....the closest to those artist that I can stand is Keith Urban. I seriously dislike faith hill these days.............I prefer Sara Evans, Leanne Womack et al.

Tim McGraw would make me a fan if he'd do more "back when" and less pffffffffft.

ck_IN 05-18-2005 10:37 AM

<i>I am sure that she didn't come out and say buy me a car for payment, and no one would turn down a car. I look at it as just being a perk for boning a star!</i>

So what would a hotwheels replica of the car she got get me? Come on girl lets negotiate!! :)

Mosbonian 05-18-2005 10:38 AM

Quote:

I prefer the older stuff. Waylon, Some David Alan Coe (only hell my mama ever raised, the ride...) George Jones(check out "radio lover), Cash, Hag....

I don't like the country that could be played on a pop station at all.....the closest to those artist that I can stand is Keith Urban. I seriously dislike faith hill these days.............I prefer Sara Evans, Leanne Womack et al.

Tim McGraw would make me a fan if he'd do more "back when" and less pffffffffft.

LeAnn Womack....:thumb: :hump:

Sara Evans lives around here somewhere...several people I work with have actually met her.

Did you see the CMT special the other day? The Top 40 Men of Country......Johnny Cash was number one, as he should be. As you can see, most of the Top 10 are dominated by the traditional country artists.....

10 Alan Jackson
9 George Strait
8 Conway Twitty
7 Garth Brooks
6 Merle Haggard
5 Waylon Jennings
4 Willie Nelson
3 George Jones
2 Hank Williams
1 Johnny Cash

mmaddog

Iowanian 05-18-2005 10:39 AM

Kieth Whitley should be up near the top of that list.
He was one of the best song writers in decades IMO.

Dave Lane 05-18-2005 10:41 AM

Hes country therefore he sucks...

Dave

Not sure that he's country but someone said he is. Never heard of the dude myself.

Iowanian 05-18-2005 10:43 AM

Dave only enjoys the music of the Skin flutes. He's very accomplished player I hear. Never played one myself.

Mosbonian 05-18-2005 10:55 AM

Quote:

Kieth Whitley should be up near the top of that list.
He was one of the best song writers in decades IMO.

Although it's unfair, i can sum up in two words the reason that you'll never see much written about him and commerial success:

Lorrie Morgan

mmaddog

Dave Lane 05-18-2005 11:25 AM

Quote:

Dave only enjoys the music of the Skin flutes. He's very accomplished player I hear. Never played one myself.

I'd say I learned from the best but I am sure your modesty would prevent you from fully standing in the spotlight you deserve.

ROFL

Dave

Clint in Wichita 05-18-2005 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane
Hes country therefore he sucks...

Dave

Not sure that he's country but someone said he is. Never heard of the dude myself.

I agree.

Like Dr. House said last night:

"The only thing worse than being useless is being useless and oblivious."

I think I'll make that my signature.

RedNFeisty 05-18-2005 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ck_IN
<i>I am sure that she didn't come out and say buy me a car for payment, and no one would turn down a car. I look at it as just being a perk for boning a star!</i>

So what would a hotwheels replica of the car she got get me? Come on girl lets negotiate!! :)

LOL

A an upper cut in the gut for thinking I wouldn't have standards!

Uncle_Ted 05-18-2005 12:17 PM

Quote:

Simple question...

Does gochiefs wear C3PO underoos?

Clint in Wichita 05-18-2005 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedNFeisty
LOL

A an upper cut in the gut for thinking I wouldn't have standards!

ROFL

Don't be so mean, honey. Maybe we could let him lick our leavin's off the blankets when we're done.

It's gotta be a Hot Wheels, though. None of that Matchbox shit.

RedNFeisty 05-18-2005 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clint in Wichita
ROFL

Don't be so mean, honey. Maybe we could let him lick our leavin's off the blankets when we're done.

It's gotta be a Hot Wheels, though. None of that Matchbox shit.

Hell no, I want a Monster Truck!

ROFL

donkhater 05-18-2005 12:46 PM

Went to a Chiefs/Indy game back when Gunther was HC. He did the national anthem and just butchered it. The words were even being shown on the jumbotron inside the stadium. I didn't know who he was back then, but ever since then, I just laugh at the idea of him being a professional singer.

Iowanian 05-18-2005 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedNFeisty
Hell no, I want a Monster Truck!

ROFL

I've heard of a Hot Carl, Cleveland Steamer and the filthy sanchez, but the "Monster truck" has to be some serious debauchery.

Clint in Wichita 05-18-2005 12:55 PM

Quote:

I've heard of a Hot Carl, Cleveland Steamer and the filthy sanchez, but the "Monster truck" has to be some serious debauchery.

We call it that because when I drink a jar of salsa, I produce things that are loud, smelly, and can crumple metal.

ck_IN 05-18-2005 01:01 PM

<i>Hell no, I want a Monster Truck!</i>

I think I saw a radio controlled one in Kaybee's the other day. :hmmm: That should get me something that Clint would recognize.

I never doubted you had standards ma'am. I was merely attempting to determine exactly how low they were. o:-)

ck_IN 05-18-2005 01:03 PM

<i>Does gochiefs wear C3PO underoos?</i>

I've always pictured him as more of an R2D2 man.

RedNFeisty 05-18-2005 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ck_IN
<i>Hell no, I want a Monster Truck!</i>

I think I saw a radio controlled one in Kaybee's the other day. :hmmm: That should get me something that Clint would recognize.

I never doubted you had standards ma'am. I was merely attempting to determine exactly how low they were. o:-)

ROFL :clap:

RedNFeisty 05-18-2005 01:06 PM

Quote:

We are talking about me, would you expect much less!?!

RedNFeisty 05-18-2005 01:09 PM

Quote:

We call it that because when I drink a jar of salsa, I produce things that are loud, smelly, and can crumple metal.

Okay, that is gross. :Lin:

Iowanian 05-18-2005 01:12 PM

Quote:

I figured it had more to do with you hiding in the closet, watching through the slatted blinds, as some 400lb gal from taco bell farted in her mouth.

Each to your own...who am Ah to judge?