ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   2024 Tight End class (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=350700)

DJ's left nut 10-25-2023 01:41 PM

2024 Tight End class

I don't have anything remarkable to talk about here but I wanted to talk about this guy and didn't see a TE thread.

Cade Stover, TE for Ohio State. I'm really impressed by him. I think I'd be willing to trade up in the 3rd or maybe even take him in the 2nd depending on how he tests.

He's just a really polished catcher, he's very physical. He's a little shorter than I like in a TE especially if he measures more like 6'2'' than the 6'4'' he's listed at. In either event, I think he's the guy I'm zoning in on in this draft since Bowers is a pipe dream.

Anybody have a guy out there they're particularly interested in that may be within range? If so, who and what round?

staylor26 10-25-2023 02:12 PM

If Sanders from Texas somehow made it to our 2nd, I'd be all over that.

Haven't watched Stover yet.

Abba-Dabba 10-25-2023 02:16 PM

Theo Johnson from Penn State. Good size, good hands, plays the position like a WR. Day 3 guy more than likely. So he will need some marinating.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jo77i9HrkhU?si=0hf3gVBv3bSoKVTT" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DJ's left nut 10-25-2023 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17189192)
If Sanders from Texas somehow made it to our 2nd, I'd be all over that.

Haven't watched Stover yet.

What I find intriguing about Stover is his defensive background. Played some end, played some LBer. He's been moved all over and you kinda get a feel for that when you watching him navigate the middle of the field.

Y'know, kinda like a certain ex-quarterback we have playing the position that seems to have an uncanny feel for finding space because he hasn't always been a tight end...

Honestly it's one of those things where I think he'd be a friggen nails TE2 for us so the question becomes what I'm willing to expend on that if it's all he ever becomes. Because again, the dude is physical. He's willing to get dirty both over the middle and as a blocker.

I think he'd be a substantial upgrade over Gray, especially in the run game. I mean I'm pretty sure I'd be happy to get ONLY that from a late 3rd rounder. I just don't know if I'm eager to trade up for it or take him in the 2nd.

I just like the guy.

Projecting on his RoY performance and measurables (both being strong with no obvious red flags), I think I'd like to see us maybe trade back out of 2 into the mid-3rd, see if we can pick up a 4th rounder for our efforts and then go McMillan/Stover with our 1st two picks.

Or now that I think about it, how 'bout moving off 1 into mid-2 and get a mid 3 for the trouble, then package that with our late 3 to move up into the early 3rd. Take McMillan with the higher of our 2nds, developmental OT or DT with our lower 2nd, Stover with the high 3rd we moved up for...

raybec 4 10-25-2023 03:03 PM

If they don't draft one this upcoming year I'd love to see them target Colston Loveland from Michigan in 2025.

raybec 4 10-25-2023 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17189246)
What I find intriguing about Stover is his defensive background. Played some end, played some LBer. He's been moved all over and you kinda get a feel for that when you watching him navigate the middle of the field.

Y'know, kinda like a certain ex-quarterback we have playing the position that seems to have an uncanny feel for finding space because he hasn't always been a tight end...

Honestly it's one of those things where I think he'd be a friggen nails TE2 for us so the question becomes what I'm willing to expend on that if it's all he ever becomes. Because again, the dude is physical. He's willing to get dirty both over the middle and as a blocker.

I think he'd be a substantial upgrade over Gray, especially in the run game. I mean I'm pretty sure I'd be happy to get ONLY that from a late 3rd rounder. I just don't know if I'm eager to trade up for it or take him in the 2nd.

I just like the guy.

Projecting on his RoY performance and measurables (both being strong with no obvious red flags), I think I'd like to see us maybe trade back out of 2 into the mid-3rd, see if we can pick up a 4th rounder for our efforts and then go McMillan/Stover with our 1st two picks.

Or now that I think about it, how 'bout moving off 1 into mid-2 and get a mid 3 for the trouble, then package that with our late 3 to move up into the early 3rd. Take McMillan with the higher of our 2nds, developmental OT or DT with our lower 2nd, Stover with the high 3rd we moved up for...

Did Balto take over your account?

DJ's left nut 10-25-2023 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 17189307)
Did Balto take over your account?

Oh that's just a trade down and another trade up. Hell, it'd be weird if Veach DIDN'T do something like that.

And it didn't involve MVS or Laremy Tunsil.

raybec 4 10-25-2023 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17189315)
Oh that's just a trade down and another trade up. Hell, it'd be weird if Veach DIDN'T do something like that.

And it didn't involve MVS or Laremy Tunsil.

Fair enough

kccrow 10-25-2023 07:02 PM

I like Ben Yurosek from Stanford quite a bit.

Dante84 10-26-2023 04:54 PM

If we're looking for a late round TE/FB hybrid ala Kyle Juszczyk, the homer in me would like to see us take Ben Sinnott from K-State.

He helped spring Deuce loose a handful of times last year, as well as some key blocks this year so far. And he's had some pretty clutch catches in the passing game as well.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Mq87K2KJsmo?si=CARyBScz-sd07Ple" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dante84 12-19-2023 04:56 PM

There’s just no way we get Bowers, huh.

Every year I fall in love with a player who is so out of our leagu. Pisses me off.although I do like winning the Super Bowl, so there is that.

Bump 12-19-2023 09:56 PM

Last year I was hoping for one of those TE's that were available when we picked. I just have this hunch that Kelce is gonna retire after this season or maybe the season after it. He might want to chase Tony G's records but who knows if he actually wants to.

Abba-Dabba 12-20-2023 02:14 PM

Long for most everybody at 30 mins but, some good analysis of a few Senior Bowl TE's Jaheim Bell, Theo Johnson, and Ben Sinnott.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VHLnarrMyM4?si=gkf9PoNay7hQHeAC" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

iSavedLatin 12-20-2023 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abba-Dabba (Post 17291298)
Long for most everybody at 30 mins but, some good analysis of a few Senior Bowl TE's Jaheim Bell, Theo Johnson, and Ben Sinnott.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VHLnarrMyM4?si=gkf9PoNay7hQHeAC" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Love me some Jaheim Bell. He's a WR, a TE, and an RB all rolled into one. His measurables likely mean he'd never get drafted by KC, but he would be a matchup problem for defenses and a fun toy for Andy to play with. He's surprisingly violent and explosive with the ball in his hands.

Abba-Dabba 12-21-2023 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iSavedLatin (Post 17291570)
Love me some Jaheim Bell. He's a WR, a TE, and an RB all rolled into one. His measurables likely mean he'd never get drafted by KC, but he would be a matchup problem for defenses and a fun toy for Andy to play with. He's surprisingly violent and explosive with the ball in his hands.

I like Jaheim Bell as well and wouldn't mind the Chiefs taking a look at him. You're absolutely right though, his measurables definitely aren't the greatest but Andy could have some fun with scheming him in a game plan

Blake Bell shouldn't be back. Father time is loudly banging at the door. Kelce, who knows when he will call it quits. This year? Next year? The year after that? We will need a hands in the dirt TE very soon. Noah Gray isn't that. Matt Bushman isn't that. Looking at the 2024 TE Free Agent list looks somewhat between meh and a dumpster fire. The draft class this year isn't that great either. It's going to be hard going from a HOF TE to god knows what.

Toad 12-21-2023 01:49 PM

Is there aaaaanyyyy chance Bowers drops enough for some sort of trade up or is that just too darn unrealistic?

Abba-Dabba 12-21-2023 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad (Post 17292442)
Is there aaaaanyyyy chance Bowers drops enough for some sort of trade up or is that just too darn unrealistic?

Probably too unrealistic. But if you grade Johnny Wilson as a TE rather than as a WR, where does he fit on that TE list? Does Wilson have the frame to put on some more weight without losing too much of his athleticism? Can he effectively block as a TE?

It will be interesting how teams view him. Is he a WR or a TE?

kccrow 12-21-2023 05:24 PM

I just don't see a big enough drop from Bowers to Sanders to think that making a move up for Bowers is an investment to make. Maybe I'm alone in that opinion, but I also really like Sanders and they are about the same build.

Icon 12-21-2023 05:55 PM

With our current WR group I don't see how we would use draft capitol to move up and get Bowers. We pretty much have to draft a WR in Rd 1 unless we sign a stud WR in free agency.

This years TE group is kind of underwhelming. Last couple of years were good. Maybe take someone like Lachey out of Iowa in round 3?

DJ's left nut 12-21-2023 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 17292699)
I just don't see a big enough drop from Bowers to Sanders to think that making a move up for Bowers is an investment to make. Maybe I'm alone in that opinion, but I also really like Sanders and they are about the same build.

Yeah, I'm coming around on Sanders as well.

And as I've noted in the past, Reid - more than a QB whisperer even - is a TE god. I mean he gets production out of everyone at that position.

You give him a guy like Sanders and honestly I wouldn't worry all that much about Kelce leaving. Especially if Sanders got a year or two to learn at the feet of the master.

I think he could coax a 1,300 yard season out of Kyle Pitts as easy as breathing but I wouldn't give up what the Falcons would want for him.

Toad 12-21-2023 07:48 PM

I think Andy and Mahomes would turn Pitts into a monster, but that price to get him would bend us over

duncan_idaho 12-23-2023 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17292737)
Yeah, I'm coming around on Sanders as well.

And as I've noted in the past, Reid - more than a QB whisperer even - is a TE god. I mean he gets production out of everyone at that position.

You give him a guy like Sanders and honestly I wouldn't worry all that much about Kelce leaving. Especially if Sanders got a year or two to learn at the feet of the master.

I think he could coax a 1,300 yard season out of Kyle Pitts as easy as breathing but I wouldn't give up what the Falcons would want for him.

Man, I think if you can get Luke Lachey in the 3rd, that's a tremendous coup and something to really think about.

JPH83 12-25-2023 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 17295152)
Man, I think if you can get Luke Lachey in the 3rd, that's a tremendous coup and something to really think about.

If we had a WR in the 1st and there was a run that left few in the 3rd, I'd be up for this. I think there might be some better WR options left at that point though

BWillie 12-26-2023 12:33 AM

Quote:

Agreed. Every Iowa TE has been really good for a while now even if their production at Iowa isn't. Luke Lachey in his two games this year in the worst offense in D1 was still productive. If he was on a team with any o-coordinator and any good offensive system he would have been that much more productive. And you know he will block coming from Iowa.

Coogs 01-06-2024 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 17292699)

Sanders declared for the draft today.

DJ's left nut 01-10-2024 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 17320735)
Sanders declared for the draft today.

First rounder, right?

I feel like he should go in that 18-20 range.

kccrow 01-10-2024 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17327161)
First rounder, right?

I feel like he should go in that 18-20 range.

I've been seeing alot of mid-30s grades on him but I think he goes higher as well, especially after he runs.

Couch-Potato 01-19-2024 03:22 PM

PFN has moved TE Sinnot to #80 and Spann-Ford to #99 on their big board, interesting.

Hark Clunt 01-19-2024 04:56 PM

i like this dude, considering we'll probably miss out on bell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59UkelSvWSM

duncan_idaho 01-19-2024 05:46 PM

Wiley from TCU is interesting. If you liked Darnell Washington last year there’s lot of reason to like Wiley.

He’s big (6-6/6-7), is a good blocker, and has the speed to be a weapon down the seam. He’s not a traditional move TE, but he is much more of a traditional in-line guy than KC has had.

Would be a fun skill set to add as TE3.

Stryker 01-19-2024 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hark Clunt (Post 17346618)
i like this dude, considering we'll probably miss out on bell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59UkelSvWSM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/59UkelSvWSM?si=r5YEDy1rsDJjR3Ek" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Titty Meat 01-19-2024 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 17190842)
If we're looking for a late round TE/FB hybrid ala Kyle Juszczyk, the homer in me would like to see us take Ben Sinnott from K-State.

He helped spring Deuce loose a handful of times last year, as well as some key blocks this year so far. And he's had some pretty clutch catches in the passing game as well.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Mq87K2KJsmo?si=CARyBScz-sd07Ple" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I just don't see the appeal with this guy. Solid player? Sure. Doesn't exactly jump off the screen seems like a solid mid round pick but there are several prospects is place ahead of him

Couch-Potato 01-20-2024 08:24 AM

Let's just sign Hunter Henry if Jones walks?

Chargem 01-20-2024 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 17347108)
Let's just sign Hunter Henry if Jones walks?

I like Schultz better than Henry, but he is going to be more expensive I think.

Cheaper is probably better, one of Hooper, Fant or Irv Smith would also be a good move I think and then try and draft the TE of the future in the mid to late rounds and carry 4 TE for the season.

SurroundedByMorons 01-20-2024 12:22 PM

Quote:

Lachey is staying at Iowa for the 24 season. Erick All has declared for the draft, basically Moeaki clone. Very athletic, hurt all the time. Might be a late round lottery type pick or free agent if not drafted. He has shown some serious potential when not busted.

In58men 01-20-2024 12:51 PM

Does anybody know how deep the TE class will be?

Is there like a huge drop off somewhere?

Abba-Dabba 01-20-2024 03:19 PM

Theo Johnson interview with Adam Breneman.

Another TE with TV aspirations?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/74BH8LlwTV4?si=cRN21e1s82QtaXkj" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Couch-Potato 01-26-2024 03:50 PM

What's up with this kid Austin Stogner? Apparently he was really great until an injury, hasn't fully recovered yet and will drop to later rounds bc of that.

NFL DraftBuzz Scouting Report has this to say about him, amongst other positives:

"We have him graded as one (for his career) of the best mid-level route receivers in college football"

kccrow 01-26-2024 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 17347346)
Does anybody know how deep the TE class will be?

Is there like a huge drop off somewhere?

It's not deep, at all. Two guys that may very well go in round 1 followed by a few guys that are, more or less, 3rd to 4th rounders only really because of the lack of depth. Then you have a few that maybe are 5th rounders, then a whole shitload of 7th/UDFA guys.

kccrow 01-26-2024 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 17364439)
What's up with this kid Austin Stogner? Apparently he was really great until an injury, hasn't fully recovered yet and will drop to later rounds bc of that.

NFL DraftBuzz Scouting Report has this to say about him, amongst other positives:

"We have him graded as one (for his career) of the best mid-level route receivers in college football"

Did he have an injury at the end of the year? I don't remember one. The only thing I know of is that infection he had like 3 or 4 years ago but he's well past that.

Couch-Potato 01-26-2024 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 17364733)
Did he have an injury at the end of the year? I don't remember one. The only thing I know of is that infection he had like 3 or 4 years ago but he's well past that.

"Stogner was on the trajectory to become a first-round pick in the 2023 NFL Draft until an injury almost destroyed his playing career. He's never even looked close to the player he was before and teams will look at him with a massive question mark. He'll be tested heavily at the combine and will need to demonstrate the speed and athleticism he showcased prior to the injury or risks being a late-round selection.

If he can convince NFL teams that a) the knee is fully healed and b) 2021 was just a disappointing fluke - he could sneak into the late second round. It's a big if though."

kccrow 01-26-2024 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 17364803)
"Stogner was on the trajectory to become a first-round pick in the 2023 NFL Draft until an injury almost destroyed his playing career. He's never even looked close to the player he was before and teams will look at him with a massive question mark. He'll be tested heavily at the combine and will need to demonstrate the speed and athleticism he showcased prior to the injury or risks being a late-round selection.

If he can convince NFL teams that a) the knee is fully healed and b) 2021 was just a disappointing fluke - he could sneak into the late second round. It's a big if though."

I don't remember him ever having a knee injury. He had a deep thigh bruise in 2020 that he ended up getting an infection in and it did almost end his career. I don't see it as an issue at this point though.

Couch-Potato 01-26-2024 09:25 PM

I really like Honker! Guys got great hands in traffic.

DJ's left nut 01-30-2024 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 17364725)
It's not deep, at all. Two guys that may very well go in round 1 followed by a few guys that are, more or less, 3rd to 4th rounders only really because of the lack of depth. Then you have a few that maybe are 5th rounders, then a whole shitload of 7th/UDFA guys.

Yeah, this isn't a good TE class.

Bowers and Sanders are possible 1st rounders. Then a big drop down to probably Stover and Bell in the 3rd/4th (maybe just Stover).

Then another drop to Holker, Johnson, Sinnot as 4th/5th round guys.

After that you may just be looking at a pile of priority UDFAs.

If we could get an asset at WR and DT in the 1st and 2nd round, I'd be fairly content with Stover in the 3rd. But Stover's probably the 5th or 6th best TE in a good TE class and I think he's the clear 3rd best in this class. It's one of more forgettable TE classes in awhile.

DJ's left nut 01-30-2024 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 17364803)

I'd probably rather spin the wheel on Trey Knox and hope he can learn to be more of an athletic TE than a large WR (which was mostly how he was used in college).

But guys like Knox come out every year and most of them pretty much suck.

Palangi 01-30-2024 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17376374)
I'd probably rather spin the wheel on Trey Knox and hope he can learn to be more of an athletic TE than a large WR (which was mostly how he was used in college).

But guys like Knox come out every year and most of them pretty much suck.

Knox played TE at South Carolina

raybec 4 01-30-2024 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palangi (Post 17376426)
Knox played TE at South Carolina

He's aware, this is the TE thread after all. He doesn't really have the size to be a typical TE in the NFL was his point.

DJ's left nut 01-30-2024 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 17376470)
He's aware, this is the TE thread after all. He doesn't really have the size to be a typical TE in the NFL was his point.

Correct.

They weren't having him go out there and down-block as a TE. The Gamecocks were largely a spread offense and they used him as more of an oversized WR in their system.

And he's not quick enough to be that guy in the NFL or strong enough to be a TE in the NFL - even a move TE like Kelce presents a credible threat of lining up in-line and you have to use your defensive personnel accordingly.

He's more like Jody Fortson and that's a novelty more than a replacement for anyone. Well...unless it's a replacement for Jody Fortson.

Abba-Dabba 01-30-2024 11:21 AM

Watching some of the Senior Bowl practices and Theo Johnson has been the best TE on the field so far. Will be interesting to see what Jahiem Bell or Ben Sinnott can do.

Titty Meat 01-30-2024 04:17 PM

I don't really like this class TBH

kccrow 01-30-2024 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abba-Dabba (Post 17376582)
Watching some of the Senior Bowl practices and Theo Johnson has been the best TE on the field so far. Will be interesting to see what Jahiem Bell or Ben Sinnott can do.

I have Johnson over Stover on my board and it's mostly a product of size and projection for me.

DJ's left nut 01-30-2024 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 17377219)
I have Johnson over Stover on my board and it's mostly a product of size and projection for me.

He does project better, I'll grant you.

Like I said, for me some of my fascination comes with Stover's background. As a former defensive player who's made the transition to offense well, I wonder if he won't produce better than he measures.

Of the two, Johnson's far more likely to have a standout combine, though.

kccrow 01-30-2024 04:56 PM

This is probably where I'm at on the class...

R1: Brock Bowers, JaTavion Sanders
R3: Theo Johnson, Cade Stover
R4: Ben Sinnott, Brevyn Spann-Ford
R5: Isaac Rex, Jared Wiley, Tip Reiman
R6: Dallin Holker, A.J. Barner, Erick All, Jaheim Bell
R7: Austin Stogner, McCallan Castles

Abba-Dabba 01-31-2024 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 17377219)

I think you know I have been high on Johnson for a while now. He is a nice blend of size and speed that can do pretty much everything you can ask of a TE well. If he runs a 4.5 at the combine, I think he might push being the 2nd TE off the board.

2 videos.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-media-max-width="560"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Not many tight ends in the NFL have feet as quick as Penn State TE Theo Johnson and can accelerate out of cuts this well <a href="https://t.co/f5x8RcyLSZ">pic.twitter.com/f5x8RcyLSZ</a></p>&mdash; Joe DeLeone (@joedeleone) <a href="https://twitter.com/joedeleone/status/1752781053385916658?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 31, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-media-max-width="560"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Here&#39;s a dead body courtesy of Theo Johnson (motion man) <a href="https://t.co/QU8BoEOpTQ">pic.twitter.com/QU8BoEOpTQ</a></p>&mdash; Nick Martin (@themicknartin) <a href="https://twitter.com/themicknartin/status/1750602541912465528?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 25, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Oxford 02-18-2024 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17376374)

With only a few picks this is where I'd go, hopefully develop him into a Jody Fortson (without the injuries), priority UDFA or a 7th rounder

Couch-Potato 02-18-2024 09:24 PM

Ben Sinnott is listed as fullback currently on ESPN. My favorite quote about Brevyn Spann-Ford's blocking is "He's like having a 3rd tackle on the field."

Palangi 02-18-2024 10:51 PM

I like Jared Wiley the TE out of TCU. Started his career at Texas. Hasn’t played with the best QB play. Has good size like Theo Johnson. I think he moves more fluid than Johnson though.

https://youtu.be/nveoctAOQng?si=5k4JPMHyw2LILrBA

kccrow 02-19-2024 12:52 AM

Isaac Rex has really been climbing my board. Alot to like there IMO.

O.city 02-20-2024 10:16 AM

Tip Reiman

Couch-Potato 02-23-2024 11:38 PM

MSN:

Round 6: Minnesota TE Brevyn Spann-Ford

If you're following me for NFL draft content, expect to see me mention Minnesota TE Brevyn Spann-Ford often. Spann-Ford has a skill set at tight end that the Chiefs were lacking this past season. At nearly 6-foot-7 and 267 pounds, he's an absolute monster as a blocker in both the ground game and the passing game.

Beyond that, Spann-Ford is a red-zone threat and a tough cover given his size. You can throw it to places where he's the only one with the size to get it, whether he's digging the ball out of the dirt or high-pointing a throw.

Is this the next Travis Kelce for Kansas City? Probably not. However, he can certainly be a complementary piece to develop behind him.

Abba-Dabba 02-28-2024 06:54 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">NEWS: Penn State TE Theo Johnson met with the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a>, <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Texans</a>, <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Commanders?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Commanders</a>, <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Eagles?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Eagles</a> and <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Raiders?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Raiders</a> yesterday, league sources tell <a href="https://twitter.com/_MLFootball?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@_Mlfootball</a><a href="https://twitter.com/theo_Johnson_?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@theo_Johnson_</a> will also meet with the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/49ers?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#49ers</a> today. <a href="https://t.co/9j4ohZz7eN">pic.twitter.com/9j4ohZz7eN</a></p>&mdash; MLFootball (@_MLFootball) <a href="https://twitter.com/_MLFootball/status/1762947750943981779?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 28, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ChiefsFanatic 02-29-2024 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palangi (Post 17409332)
I like Jared Wiley the TE out of TCU. Started his career at Texas. Hasn’t played with the best QB play. Has good size like Theo Johnson. I think he moves more fluid than Johnson though.

https://youtu.be/nveoctAOQng?si=5k4JPMHyw2LILrBA

I also like Wiley more than Johnson. And I agree that Johnson does play a little stiff, if that's a thing. I get what you mean.

One player listed as a TE, but I think isn't an actual TE, is Jaheim Bell. I feel like he is more of a very large and athletic fullback. I think it would be interesting to see Reid use him like a cross between Kyle Juszczyk and Deebo Samuel. He could be a very unique offensive weapon.

DJ's left nut 02-29-2024 10:50 AM

Yeah, I've struggled to get a feel for Bell.

You could make an argument for him early on the 3rd day or as a UDFA.

I'll say this, for everyone that likes Ben Sinnott, this guy is very similar but just better, IMO. But I also think Ben Sinnott is one of those 'local boy done good' stories that folks love. And unlike Mizzou fans (where we usually shit all over our own guys heading into draft season), K-State fans support their dudes in the draft.

In a vacuum, Bell appears to be a better, higher ceiling version of the same style of player.

duncan_idaho 02-29-2024 01:10 PM

Zach Heins of South Dakota State is someone I'm liking in the Day 3 range, too.

Good size, can block, but he can run and has good hands and ball skills.

Superbowltrashcan 02-29-2024 01:33 PM

Sanders on with Simms and the Magic 8 Ball for Andy’s retirement…

https://youtu.be/aMGC8AI9Vro?si=JUCzHAAqkJXsrKME

iSavedLatin 02-29-2024 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 17422275)
I also like Wiley more than Johnson. And I agree that Johnson does play a little stiff, if that's a thing. I get what you mean.

One player listed as a TE, but I think isn't an actual TE, is Jaheim Bell. I feel like he is more of a very large and athletic fullback. I think it would be interesting to see Reid use him like a cross between Kyle Juszczyk and Deebo Samuel. He could be a very unique offensive weapon.

I really like Bell as a chess piece. He's worked as both a TE and RB, is really good with the ball in his hands. 6'2" and 245 and lined up all over the field would create some matchup issues for other teams.

Tanner McLachlan is another intriguing day 3 consideration. Undersized a bit, but a surprisingly good blocker with good hands and the ability to fight for extra yards after the catch. He's good at finding spots in zones and athletic enough to work the seam.

Abba-Dabba 03-01-2024 08:36 PM

Some stud numbers, unofficially.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Theo Johnson is a TE prospect in the 2024 draft class. He scored an unofficial 10.00 <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/RAS?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#RAS</a> out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 1 out of 1105 TE from 1987 to 2024. <br><br>Splits projected, note that I don&#39;t expect this to stand as a new 10.00 after official<a href="https://t.co/HuWxnxJn85">https://t.co/HuWxnxJn85</a> <a href="https://t.co/IlSgFxSVYP">pic.twitter.com/IlSgFxSVYP</a></p>&mdash; Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) <a href="https://twitter.com/MathBomb/status/1763734388510949437?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 2, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ChiefsFanatic 03-01-2024 09:43 PM

Man, that dude from Washington could be a steal. He ran a 4.47 and looks fluid, and strong AF too.

I think Andy could coach him up.

In58men 03-01-2024 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 17424848)
Man, that dude from Washington could be a steal. He ran a 4.47 and looks fluid, and strong AF too.

I think Andy could coach him up.

https://x.com/pff_college/status/176...271592615?s=46

ChiefsFanatic 03-02-2024 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 17424895)

As long as he believes in space, planets, and birds, I think I would take a chance on him.

Some things can be taught and coached, but you are either fast or you are not, and this dude flies for his size. What a match up nightmare Andy could create, and he would be learning from Kelce.

farmerchief 03-02-2024 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 17424950)
As long as he believes in space, planets, and birds, I think I would take a chance on him..

Sounds like he may have came from the same planet as Sammy Watkins, sign him up!

Couch-Potato 03-22-2024 07:29 PM

NFL.com has Sinnott > Sanders in the 2nd in their recent 4 round mock.

Interesting.

RunKC 04-02-2024 02:30 PM

I’m not a local homer here with this take….I really like Sinnott. He’s the closest thing to La Porta that I see. He’s just so damn explosive and does really well in the middle of the field.

I think he’d be a perfect fit here

kcbubb 04-02-2024 04:05 PM

Anyone watch TCU? What about Jared Wiley late?

https://youtu.be/JrpGt6oZvFA?si=eTsORlI7J6mwSBL9

6’ 6’’
WEIGHT
249 lbs
ARM
33 1/4’’
HAND
9 1/2’’
Prospect Grade
Average Backup Or Special-Teamer

Good
View All Prospects

Score Breakdown

Production Score
2024 Combine TE Rank: 9th
Athleticism Score *est
2024 Combine TE Rank: 7th
Total Score
2024 Combine TE Rank: 7th

Combine Results
u-unofficial
40-Yard Dash
Seconds
10-Yard Split
Seconds
Vertical Jump
37’’
Broad Jump
9’ 10’’
3-Cone Drill
Seconds
20-Yd Shuttle
--
Bench Press
--

Analysis
By Lance Zierlein
NFL Analyst
Overview
Tall, long-armed tight end who flashes the potential to line up in-line or as a move tight end. Wiley would benefit from better strength in his lower half to help sustain blocks, but his technique is generally good. He has the stride length to pick up speed in the seam and across the hashes on intermediate throws. The short-area foot quickness is very average and he’s an average separator underneath. Wiley’s catch talent and ability to fight through contact are big check marks in his favor. He has the versatility and potential to compete for a role as a TE3.
Strengths
Uses height and length to play over the rim.
Willing to get physical at the top of the route.
Rarely has a focus drop and uses size to shield catch challengers.
Hands-catcher with consistent extension to snare it away from his frame.
Gets into base blocks with inside hands and proper posture.
Uses footwork and feel for angles to seal blocks.
Weaknesses
Lacks desired footwork to get in and out of breaks cleanly.
Will sit and wait rather than working back to the throw.
Needs to make earlier adjustments to bring in off-target throws.
Doesn’t break enough tackles on his run-after-catch.
Inconsistent physicality to handle lead-blocking asks.

Dante84 04-10-2024 10:30 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Bowers’ college production �� top TEs from the 2023 and 2024 draft classes �� <a href="https://t.co/BjxHjHDUMn">https://t.co/BjxHjHDUMn</a> <a href="https://t.co/xYoBQeurrJ">pic.twitter.com/xYoBQeurrJ</a></p>&mdash; The 33rd Team (@The33rdTeamFB) <a href="https://twitter.com/The33rdTeamFB/status/1778097746198642709?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 10, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ThrobProng 04-10-2024 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 17477073)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Bowers’ college production �� top TEs from the 2023 and 2024 draft classes �� <a href="https://t.co/BjxHjHDUMn">https://t.co/BjxHjHDUMn</a> <a href="https://t.co/xYoBQeurrJ">pic.twitter.com/xYoBQeurrJ</a></p>&mdash; The 33rd Team (@The33rdTeamFB) <a href="https://twitter.com/The33rdTeamFB/status/1778097746198642709?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 10, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I saw a mock draft (CBS maybe?) that had KC selecting Bowers at 32.

It was possibly the dumbest mock draft I've ever seen from a "professional".

kccrow 04-11-2024 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcbubb (Post 17467840)
Anyone watch TCU? What about Jared Wiley late?

He ain't going too late, probably.

I've moved him up into my 4th round set. Brugler thinks 3rd round.

Size/speed combos at the position are at a premium this year. I mean really, ideal guys are Johnson, Wiley, McLachlan, Reiman, and All...

Johnson has some legal shit in his duffle bag (assault, etc) and he's raw.
McLachlan is ****ing 25 already.
Reiman needs a lot of route work.
All is an injury report all on his own.

The rest are short or slow or both. The bulk of the class is at least a shade under 6'4". Oof.

O.city 04-11-2024 10:00 AM

Sinnott is gonna be really good.

DJ's left nut 04-11-2024 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17478355)
Sinnott is gonna be really good.

Naw.

duncan_idaho 04-11-2024 03:01 PM

2024 Tight End class

Zach Heins is still intriguing to me. Good size, good size, good hands.