ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt 2 trailer (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=244597)

DBOSHO 04-30-2011 10:15 AM

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt 2 trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_kDb...e_gdata_player

Looks intense. Im really looking forward to this. SMD if repost

JD10367 04-30-2011 10:40 AM

I haven't seen a dedicated Part 2 trailer yet (and can't in work) but we originally ran a generic "both halves" trailer for "Deathly Hallows" which had scenes from Part 2 in it.

Given the book, Part 2 should be un-****-uppable by even this director.

Red Brooklyn 04-30-2011 03:25 PM

I think this director has shot two of the best three films in the franchise so far. I have no doubt this final one is going to be amazing.

RustShack 04-30-2011 08:31 PM

Holy. Tits!

Mr. Plow 05-03-2011 11:52 AM

Since someone is to lazy to embed the thing. :p

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/I_kDb-pRCds?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Lzen 05-04-2011 10:37 AM

That...

was...

BAD ASS!!

Can't wait until July.

Hammock Parties 05-04-2011 12:11 PM

So, I assume they'll be releasing parts 1 and 2 together?

I haven't seen part 1.

The Franchise 05-04-2011 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red 5 (Post 7619133)

I haven't seen part 1.

:spock:

Mr. Plow 05-04-2011 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red 5 (Post 7619133)

I haven't seen part 1.

Part 1 is already out on video if that is what you are asking.

Hammock Parties 05-04-2011 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 7619154)
Part 1 is already out on video if that is what you are asking.

No, I want to see parts 1 and 2 in the theater back to back.

Mr. Plow 05-04-2011 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red 5 (Post 7619178)
No, I want to see parts 1 and 2 in the theater back to back.

That was what my next thought was. That would be pretty cool....not sure they are going to do that though.

DBOSHO 05-04-2011 01:34 PM

For a midnight premiere they would have to start it at 9:30pm

JD10367 05-04-2011 02:02 PM

Well, all I can say is that the studio made me hold onto my IMAX print of Part 1 because they might want to re-release. Not sure about back-to-backs constantly but, perhaps the week before, they might have some showings. And probably on that Thursday midnight I bet they run a public showing of Part 1 at 9:00pm.

dpg4zombie 06-08-2011 09:34 AM

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi3065224217/

Fish 06-08-2011 09:41 AM

Why is it that after however many books and movies, Harry Potter still comes across as a glum whiny shithead who can't actually do anything by himself?

RustShack 06-08-2011 06:54 PM

jizz

Mr. Plow 06-27-2011 02:07 PM

Trailer #2:

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5NYt1qirBWg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sannyasi 06-27-2011 02:34 PM

3D? :(

JD10367 06-27-2011 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sannyasi (Post 7718259)
3D? :(

Thanks to the public outcry and backlash, almost every 3D movie is now offered in 2D at your larger multiplexes. No one's twisting your arm to pay the surcharge and wear the glasses.

Fish 06-27-2011 03:27 PM

Harry Potter is the most pathetic, whiny protagonist of all times.

Zebedee DuBois 06-27-2011 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 7718391)

I nominate Sophie from Sophie's Choice.

kidding

RustShack 06-27-2011 08:06 PM

Can't wait!

DeezNutz 06-27-2011 08:21 PM

Quote:

Disagree on all points.

007 06-27-2011 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 7718344)
Thanks to the public outcry and backlash, almost every 3D movie is now offered in 2D at your larger multiplexes. No one's twisting your arm to pay the surcharge and wear the glasses.

Yeah, I was thrilled to see that they are doing that now. Of course, its one less extra movie that can be offered as well.

dpg4zombie 06-28-2011 08:35 AM

Quote:

How do you figure?

Buck 06-28-2011 08:37 AM

Quote:

Larry Johnson.

Fish 06-28-2011 09:08 AM

I just don't like anything about the Harry Potter character. He's been weak and dependent on others since the beginning of the series. His uncertainty regarding himself, his abilities, and even his destiny hasn't improved over 7 books. He's a wimpy pacifist. Always feeling sorry for himself. Everyone around him, including his friends of the same age, are better than Potter in their own various ways. Hermoine is a much better spellcaster. Ron is much stronger.

And the majority of his "victories" have come about only with the help of others, or blind luck. He's like an Anakin Skywalker that never actually grows up and turns into a badass.

How many of Potter's enemies do you think he could defeat by himself in equal combat without his mommy's "protection" or whatever other excuse. I'd rather have Hermoine any day...

Mr. Plow 06-28-2011 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 7719512)
I just don't like anything about the Harry Potter character. He's been weak and dependent on others since the beginning of the series. His uncertainty regarding himself, his abilities, and even his destiny hasn't improved over 7 books. He's a wimpy pacifist. Always feeling sorry for himself. Everyone around him, including his friends of the same age, are better than Potter in their own various ways. Hermoine is a much better spellcaster. Ron is much stronger.

And the majority of his "victories" have come about only with the help of others, or blind luck. He's like an Anakin Skywalker that never actually grows up and turns into a badass.

How many of Potter's enemies do you think he could defeat by himself in equal combat without his mommy's "protection" or whatever other excuse. I'd rather have Hermoine any day...

Dude....you're Lord Voldemort. :D

luv 06-28-2011 09:30 AM

Quote:

It was never meant for him to be the best. Only the Chosen One. And there's a reason Dumbledore told him to let Ron and Hermione in on his quest. He is the one who best understand Valdemort, and that can be crucial when fighting an opponent. He comes to understand a lot about himself, too. It was never about him being the best at anything.

luv 06-28-2011 09:32 AM

I am super excited to see what gets left out of the movie that was in the book. From the looks of the send trailer, it would appear that they got a lot of it in there, but there are a few things I'm expecting to be left out or changed for the movie.

I've got tickets to a double feature. They're showing Pt 1 at 9pm on July 14 (or whatever that Thursday night is), then the premier at midnight. I decided to see it in 3D. Can't wait!

The Franchise 06-28-2011 09:33 AM

If anyone is a bitch in this story....it's Draco Malfoy. Anytime I hear his name or see him on screen.....I want to beat his ass.

Mr. Plow 06-28-2011 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 7719547)
I am super excited to see what gets left out of the movie that was in the book. From the looks of the send trailer, it would appear that they got a lot of it in there, but there are a few things I'm expecting to be left out or changed for the movie.

I've got tickets to a double feature. They're showing Pt 1 at 9pm on July 14 (or whatever that Thursday night is), then the premier at midnight. I decided to see it in 3D. Can't wait!

They are going to **** up the most important parts of the book, I know it:

Snape's Chapter
Kings Cross
Final Battle

DeezNutz 06-28-2011 09:36 AM

One of Potter's greatest strengths, as well as what separates him from most other characters, is his moral compass. His compassion and willingness to put others before himself, consistently, is unparalleled in Rowling's world.

Potter is never meant to be viewed as a "badass." He's a type of Everyman. There's not a secret Adonis behind the glasses; he really is physically unimposing. Thus, it's easy for us to put ourselves in Harry's shoes.

But what's within Potter is stronger than anyone whom he encounters. Microcosm of this fact?: his ability to cast a ridiculous patronus charm.

luv 06-28-2011 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 7719549)

Snape's Chapter
Kings Cross
Final Battle

I was definitely thinking Snape and Final Battle. Hadn't thought of King's Cross, but I could definitely see that.

I wonder how they'll handle the Epilogue.

Mr. Plow 06-28-2011 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 7719556)
I was definitely thinking Snape and Final Battle. Hadn't thought of King's Cross, but I could definitely see that.

I wonder how they'll handle the Epilogue.

They screwed up Half Blood Prince by skimming over what I thought was the most important parts of the book.....Dumbledore teaching Harry about the Horcruxes.

luv 06-28-2011 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 7719568)
They screwed up Half Blood Prince by skimming over what I thought was the most important parts of the book.....Dumbledore teaching Harry about the Horcruxes.

Yep, and also where Harry sees Snape's thoughts. Rather incomplete.

I think Half Blood Prince was the worst movie in regards to the book.

Lex Luthor 06-28-2011 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 7719549)

Snape's Chapter
Kings Cross
Final Battle

The thing that the movie makers REALLY ****ed up was the scene where Snape actually kills Dumbledore. In the book there was absolutely nothing Harry could do about it because Dumbledore had put a spell on Harry to freeze him solid (luckily Harry was under his invisibility cloak at the time), and Harry was forced to watch helplessly while Snape did the deed.

In the movie, they had Harry act like a sniveling coward who stood there in hiding while Snape killed Dumbledore. I was so pissed!

Fish 06-28-2011 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 7719540)
It was never meant for him to be the best. Only the Chosen One. .
.It was never about him being the best at anything.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 7719555)
Potter is never meant to be viewed as a "badass." He's a type of Everyman.

Well... that's just unacceptable. I don't set out to read 7 novels dealing in magic and wizardry and fantasy in which the central character, the "Chosen One", is a turd of a hero who's strength is "moral compass".

That's horseshit Rowling. And I really like the descriptive and detailed world she creates. I like pretty much everything about the series except for ****ing Harry Potter. It's an otherwise awesome series except for the neutered "hero", which I can't bring myself to root for.

DeezNutz 06-28-2011 10:09 AM

I don't see much difference between Harry Potter and Luke Skywalker, or any hero for that matter.

Check out the hero's journey, as defined by Joseph Campbell in Hero with a 1000 Faces.

Lex Luthor 06-28-2011 10:12 AM

I thought Harry was pretty heroic at the end of the Deathly Hallows book when he took on (you-know-who) and kicked his ass.

(I underlined "book" in case they **** that up in the movie too).

dpg4zombie 06-28-2011 10:17 AM

Harry is really limited by his age/ having to follow the rules of his school. Because if he goes off and breaks all the rules and gets kicked out.. We wouldnt have a story of a orphan discovering a new world and coming into his own..

Swanman 06-28-2011 11:10 AM

They showed a split second of Molly Weasley going straight up gangsta, which was one of my favorite parts of all the books.

Swanman 06-28-2011 11:11 AM

Without spoiling anything, it looks like the final showdown is quite a bit different than the book, judging from the trailer.

luv 06-28-2011 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 7719666)
They showed a split second of Molly Weasley going straight up gangsta, which was one of my favorite parts of all the books.

Mine too. I wonder if she'll say "bitch" in the movie.

vailpass 06-28-2011 12:15 PM

I hope part 2 is better than part 1. What a shitty 2 hours of my life wasted. I wrote VuDu and asked for a refund.

Great Expectations 06-28-2011 02:47 PM

KC Fish is a muggle; Harry is a stud at Quidditch. In his first year he started at Seeker for Griffindo, he has been captain on the team and led them to 3 Quidditch Cups.

JD10367 06-28-2011 03:21 PM

Quote:

You're kind of missing the whole point. The books and films were never about Harry being Yoda-powerful. The point initially was that he thought he was just average and it turned out he was "the chosen one". What preteen doesn't daydream about being that (i.e. more powerful or "special" than others)? Then he had to deal with the fact that everyone expected him to be powerful, and he really didn't have any special powers aside from his connection to Voldemort. He had to rely on his friends, and his smarts (since, at heart, every book has basically been an Agatha Christie-like detective story). And it all took place as he was dealing with the sometimes more painful transition from adolescent to adult (which, as in "Buffy The Vampire Slayer", is sometimes harder than the special-ability stuff). Ultimately Rowling's message has been that it's better to be a good person ("choosing Gryffindor over Slytherin") and have good friends, and be smart, than it is to simply be "all-powerful" like Voldemort. This isn't new ground. From Disney's "Aladdin" to the "Star Wars" universe, that moral has been pushed before. If you honestly wanted the whole seven books and films to be pretty much a version of "Anakin Skywalker stays good and kicks everyone's ass", that would've been pretty boring.

bowener 06-28-2011 08:00 PM

In honor of the massive battle going on between fans of SW/ST/B5 in another thread:

http://www.meh.ro/wp-content/uploads...meh.ro7737.jpg

RealSNR 06-28-2011 08:45 PM

Also, that scene in the preview where Harry is with Voldemort on the tall tower and goes, "Time to finish how we started. Together." and then belays both himself and Voldemort off the edge.

Umm... where? In the book
Spoiler!

There is no line like that or scene where Harry and Voldemort fall out of the ****ing tower

JD10367 06-28-2011 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 7720495)
Also, that scene in the preview where Harry is with Voldemort on the tall tower and goes, "Time to finish how we started. Together." and then belays both himself and Voldemort off the edge.

Spoiler!

There is no line like that or scene where Harry and Voldemort fall out of the ****ing tower

It looks like they extended the battling between Harry and Voldemort, since it was fairly perfunctory in the novel.

RealSNR 06-28-2011 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 7720502)
It looks like they extended the battling between Harry and Voldemort, since it was fairly perfunctory in the novel.

Clearly. I just remember when they started making the first few movies. JK Rowling had her hands in all the cooking pots. Especially the first two. Hell, in the Sorcerer's Stone you could bring your copy of the book into the movie theater and skim through it. All the action and even some of the dialogue lined up exactly (Dumbledore's "Alas, earwax!")

Compare that to Rowling's willingness to leave out several important book items in order to make the later movies more palatable. And then after that she allowed Harry and Hermione to ****ing dance in Part One. Since when is this the same woman who wanted the books to be faithfully observed as sacred texts?

DeezNutz 06-28-2011 08:57 PM

I'm guessing the fall from the tower is a dream sequence, which would obviously be an addition.

There is zero chance that the film will screw up the show-down in the woods and King's Crossing, since Rowling has contributed to all of the films.

DeezNutz 06-28-2011 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 7720529)
Clearly. I just remember when they started making the first few movies. JK Rowling had her hands in all the cooking pots. Especially the first two. Hell, in the Sorcerer's Stone you could bring your copy of the book into the movie theater and skim through it. All the action and even some of the dialogue lined up exactly (Dumbledore's "Alas, earwax!")

Compare that to Rowling's willingness to leave out several things in the books in order to make the movies more palatable. And then she allowed Harry and Hermione to ****ing dance in Part One. Umm... okay?

Eh, nice allusion to Sorcerer's Stone: magic is the most powerful magic here (Dumbledore, when everyone sings the school anthem).

luv 06-28-2011 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 7720530)
I'm guessing the fall from the tower is a dream sequence, which would obviously be an addition.

There is zero chance that the film will screw up the show-down in the woods and King's Crossing, since Rowling has contributed to all of the films.

I don't see how they're going to do Snape's scene, with them leaving out so much from when Harry saw his memories.

dpg4zombie 06-29-2011 07:00 AM

A little insite into the Death Scene.Dont look if you dont want to know. Doesnt give to much away it just gives the location

http://www.hpana.com/news.21247.html

JD10367 06-29-2011 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpg4zombie (Post 7720933)
A little insite into the Death Scene.Dont look if you dont want to know. Doesnt give to much away it just gives the location

http://www.hpana.com/news.21247.html

Meh, I have no problem with it. I always found the Death Scene you're referencing to be a pretty wimpy and quick useless way to go out. It was very "Boba Fett in the Sarlacc Pit".

I enjoyed reading all the books. I've liked the movies (although the past few have blown chunks; the first four were the best). But I'm not fanatic to the point that I consider her books to be Bibles. Filmmakers need to make things more visual than literal, for obvious reasons (you're watching, not reading). As long as they don't mess with plot points that affect character actions and thinking, I'm fine. (For example, we suddenly find out that Ron is a crossdresser, LOL.)

Swanman 06-29-2011 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 7720530)

I don't have a ton of faith in that at this point. Let's not forget they left out the very important sequence in HBP that explained how Tom Riddle/Voldemort came into existence in order for them to put a completely nonsensical action sequence into the middle of the movie that wasn't in the book.

Swanman 06-29-2011 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 7720495)

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Mr. Plow 06-29-2011 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 7721295)
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Swanman 06-29-2011 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 7721301)
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Swanman 06-29-2011 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 7721316)
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Mr. Plow 06-29-2011 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 7721318)
Spoiler!

You got it.

vailpass 06-29-2011 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 7720388)
In honor of the massive battle going on between fans of SW/ST/B5 in another thread:

http://www.meh.ro/wp-content/uploads...meh.ro7737.jpg

I literally LOLed at the last guys post.

007 06-30-2011 02:00 AM

Live stream on Youtube on July 7th

http://mashable.com/2011/06/30/harry...miere-youtube/

JD10367 06-30-2011 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 7722678)

Make sure to watch it in your wizard robe, and stroke your wand. :D

DBOSHO 06-30-2011 10:45 AM

Even though I know some spoilers In the last book, im glad i didnt read them. I think the shock value wouldnt be there as much if i had kept up with the books.

Im extremely excited for this movie though. Id love to go see it at midnight but i know theres no chance in hell ill be able to get tickets. I think theres a real shot for part 2 to break box office records.

dpg4zombie 06-30-2011 11:02 AM

AMc still has tickets..

dpg4zombie 06-30-2011 11:02 AM

This would be Epic

http://www.amctheatres.com/harrypotter/

The Franchise 06-30-2011 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpg4zombie (Post 7723184)

If I didn't have kids....I'd totally go to the 8 movie event.

keg in kc 06-30-2011 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 7723393)
If I didn't have kids....I'd totally go to the 8 movie event.

If I didn't think there'd be 2 billion kids....I'd totally think about going to the 8 movie event.

luv 06-30-2011 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7723446)
If I didn't think there'd be 2 billion kids....I'd totally think about going to the 8 movie event.

If I didn't own all seven movies already out, and this was happening in my town, then I'd go.

007 06-30-2011 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 7722701)
Make sure to watch it in your wizard robe, and stroke your wand. :D

I'll be sleeping. I was just informing the fans here.

JD10367 07-10-2011 10:33 AM

Just bumping this as the opening draws near. Didn't want to start a whole new thread, so maybe a mod can just rename this without the "trailer" at the end.

For those who care: the film clocks in at 2 hours 11 minutes and change. And, from what I hear, that's around 13 minutes of credits as usual, so the actual action clocks in at around 1:58 or so.

I'll be assembling the IMAX print over the next few days and test-running it Tuesday night (well, actually, Wednesday morning to be precise) at around 3:30am.

Deberg_1990 07-10-2011 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 7739737)
For those who care: the film clocks in at 2 hours 11 minutes and change. And, from what I hear, that's around 13 minutes of credits as usual, so the actual action clocks in at around 1:58 or so.

Thats actually short compared to others in the series right? I remember a few running 2 hours and 30 minutes or longer.

Hammock Parties 07-10-2011 01:48 PM

Looking desperately for a theater showing Part 1 and Part 2 back to back.

My local theater is doing an 8-movie marathon but it's $38. Ugh.

Hammock Parties 07-10-2011 01:49 PM

YESSSSSSSSSSS!

http://www.cinemark.com/media/3256052/41482h1.jpg

Mr. Plow 07-10-2011 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red 5 (Post 7740201)

Nice!

Hammock Parties 07-10-2011 01:58 PM

****ing bastards are only showing it in 3D.

Mr. Plow 07-10-2011 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red 5 (Post 7740218)

Damn....that sucks. Hopefully this 3D phase will end quickly.

JD10367 07-10-2011 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red 5 (Post 7740218)

Well, "Hallows Part 1" wasn't made in 3D, so it's only the new film you'll have to deal with.