ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Ted Lasso is a good show (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=333361)

BWillie 09-04-2020 10:26 AM

Ted Lasso is a good show

It's on Apple TV so that is kind of a pain in the ass. I always give a watch to the guys who grew up around here (Sudekis, Rudd, Cheadle etc)

A feel good show that is better than I thought, albeit a little corny.

Story: Likable and optimistic D2 football coach gets hired to coach Premier soccer team in England.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WZXgJQRoCaI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Baby Lee 09-04-2020 04:02 PM

It's a little thin and formulaic on the plotting, but they sell it with warmth and charm.

I mean, no one is really invested on how good a coach Lasso is, or how good the team is, or his relationship with his wife and kids, . . . but they sell it in the scene and you enjoy the performance in the moment.

KCwolf 09-13-2020 10:04 PM

I love it ... seems to get better every week ... of course it’s corny and over the top ... but I’m a fan

Molitoth 05-22-2021 04:12 PM

LOVING this show, it's so fun!

007 08-19-2021 08:26 PM

Really enjoyed season one. Starting season two now.

Buehler445 08-19-2021 10:03 PM

I laugh at every Roy Kent scene. Every ****ing one.

mr. tegu 08-19-2021 10:31 PM

I’m only able to watch it because the wife got a four month free trial with her new phone a few months ago. Not thinking it’ll last through this season. But yes, it is a good show.

Baby Lee 08-19-2021 11:10 PM

- Enjoy the game
- **** off!!
- Oy, it IS you!!

Feelgood episode, if a little overstuffed. Homage/collage of about every RomCom trope, buzzing in a mile a minute. I'm sure social media will be wagging about this one.

Oh, and . . .

- Coach. . .
- Doc! . . . Ceiling!! . . . Chair!! . . . Trashcan!!

srvy 08-29-2021 08:08 PM

The last two episodes have been pretty lame. Hope they aren't losing the mojo.

Molitoth 08-30-2021 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 15806346)
The last two episodes have been pretty lame. Hope they aren't losing the mojo.

huh?

They have been a feel good short story just like every other episode.

MTG#10 08-31-2021 08:45 PM

I tried really hard to get into it based on all the hype and several people telling me how great it is...made it through 8 episodes of the first season and just couldn't keep myself interested.

Bill Brasky 09-01-2021 12:01 AM

What’s the word Larry Bird? Best show on television…

Williskey 09-02-2021 03:48 AM

amazingly lame imo. some of the jokes i dont know how they made it out of the writers room. even the jokes they use in trailers are bad, they couldnt find anything good to promote the show?

and they need feelsy stuff to make people watch a sport comedy? just a royal mess of a genre.

BigBeauford 09-02-2021 05:01 AM

Last episode stuck the landing but the first 10 minutes had me going "hmm, this isn't very funny right now". It's also apparent this show is running out of stuff for Ted, and really has me questioning what is he even useful for.

meleknistra 09-05-2021 01:41 PM

Not my taste, watched 3 episodes and not going to torture myself anymore

GayFrogs 09-08-2021 01:41 PM

I can't watch sudeikis...snl, 30 rock, movies I never could stand him

Baby Lee 09-08-2021 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GayFrogs (Post 15819062)

This guy?

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/94/72/d0/9...2474dad435.jpg

Mephistopheles Janx 09-08-2021 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GayFrogs (Post 15819062)

Dude was on 30 Rock for like 5 episodes.... you couldn't watch the whole show because of those 5 episodes? You missed out then because 30 Rock was excellent.

Tina Fey... SOOOOOOO HOT.

BigBeauford 09-08-2021 02:55 PM

This show was so damn brilliant in the 1st season. Now every character feels indistinguishable from one another. Everyone is so damn plucky and feminine. We needed the tidal wave of that unique British pessimism contrasting against Ted's unflappable nature. Now every character acts out some rendition of "what would Ted do" for every situation.. The therapy story thread is garbage too.

Molitoth 09-08-2021 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 15819077)
This guy?

The speed Dating scene in Movie 43. lol

Woke up with the ****-arounds!

https://www.aveleyman.com/Gallery/20...3053-30342.jpg

BWillie 09-08-2021 03:12 PM

Good show, but would make a better movie. After too long it gets a little tiresome and campy.

Could be a fun deal if they did a Ted Lasso - World Cup Soccer coach movie next year or whenever the World Cup is.

unlurking 09-08-2021 07:03 PM

I never thought I'd say this, but, needs more soccer. lol

GayFrogs 09-08-2021 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx (Post 15819134)
Dude was on 30 Rock for like 5 episodes.... you couldn't watch the whole show because of those 5 episodes? You missed out then because 30 Rock was excellent.

Tina Fey... SOOOOOOO HOT.

I was a massive 30 rock fan at one point, just don't like his scenes...he just has an annoying vibe to me. Especially since he's the "one who got away" til late in the series. Maybe he's better in ted lasso but I'm reluctant.

BigBeauford 09-27-2021 09:04 AM

Show has now jumped the shark. Sucks.

BWillie 09-27-2021 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 15858461)

I'm still watching it but it's now a show that feels like should be for little kids.

siberian khatru 09-27-2021 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 15858461)

The last episode was the first one I really disliked. Bathetic (yes, with a "b").

BigBeauford 09-27-2021 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 15858592)
The last episode was the first one I really disliked. Bathetic (yes, with a "b").

I've been steadily getting annoyed with the developing plot lines this season. The love affair from the owner and player, the therapist and Ted's inability to function without breaking down every episode, every character losing their identity, Nate being an asshole. Just getting on my nerves. It has culminated with the funeral Rick Roll, and I might now be out after this season.

siberian khatru 09-27-2021 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 15858611)
I've been steadily getting annoyed with the developing plot lines this season. The love affair from the owner and player, the therapist and Ted's inability to function without breaking down every episode, every character losing their identity, Nate being an asshole. Just getting on my nerves. It has culminated with the funeral Rick Roll, and I might now be out after this season.

Agree with all that. Until now, there's usually something in an episode that I like. Last one just left me chuckling and saying, "Really?"

At this point, next season will focus on Ted's 8-year-old cousin from Herefordshire ("The Cousin Oliver Syndrome," after the Brady Bunch character) that he didn't know existed who comes to live with him.

mr. tegu 09-27-2021 09:33 PM

I pretty much despised the last episode I saw, the assistant coach going on his little adventure. It was awful and honestly feels like this show is reaching chore territory where I only watch because I’ve come this far.

Buehler445 09-27-2021 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 15860070)
I pretty much despised the last episode I saw, the assistant coach going on his little adventure. It was awful and honestly feels like this show is reaching chore territory where I only watch because I’ve come this far.

Yeah the Beard episode was shit.

I still dig the owner. Not keen on her relationship. Because Sam is what? 22? And she’s 45? I mean shes smokin hot but it’s weird.

Baby Lee 09-27-2021 11:17 PM

I'm trying to be charitable, but the RickRoll at the funeral made no sense whatsoever.

It exists solely as . . . something that happened, . . . in a sitcom. . . end of narrative.

It seems like they got a little high on their own supply, constructing humor out of zigzagging to sly obscure pop culture references, but now the references aren't even sly or obscure, or organic, or cohesive . . . kind of like how South Park lampooned Family Guy with the idea manatees.

KC_Connection 09-28-2021 01:22 AM

For me, I enjoy the risk taking and character development in S2. It's obvious that not every choice the writers are making is hitting (although I personally quite liked the Beard episode and believe the show could use more like it), but it's definitely a far more interesting show this season than it was in S1. And don't get me wrong, S1 was fine. It was solid sports dramedy (albeit a bit formulaic) and I enjoyed it. But if it remained that way, Ted Lasso was always going to be just decent and never great. You've gotta take some chances to reach that level (and they definitely haven't yet) but at least they're giving it a shot.

BigBeauford 09-28-2021 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15860159)
For me, I enjoy the risk taking and character development in S2. It's obvious that not every choice the writers are making is hitting (although I personally quite liked the Beard episode and believe the show could use more like it), but it's definitely a far more interesting show this season than it was in S1. And don't get me wrong, S1 was fine. It was solid sports dramedy (albeit a bit formulaic) and I enjoyed it. But if it remained that way, Ted Lasso was always going to be just decent and never great. You've gotta take some chances to reach that level (and they definitely haven't yet) but at least they're giving it a shot.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/QU4ew...iphy.webp&ct=g

Beard Episode was shit, and exists solely (along with the Christmas episode) as a vehicle to bilk an extra week out of the subscribers. But that's ultimately small potatoes compared to the pathetic attempts at the writers trying to inorganically wring emotion out of every scene. They are trying way too hard this season. The cringe in this show has generally been with respects to people doing the wrong thing, and then getting corrected. But I was embarrassed for the entire crew for their efforts at making the funeral something more.

Zebedee DuBois 09-28-2021 10:14 AM

Regarding the 2 'weird' episodes, Christmas and Coach Beard, - I read somewhere that they had originally planned 10 episodes for season 2, but due to the success Apple wanted 2 more to make 12. These 2 episodes were 'stand-alones' that did not advance the story lines.

KC_Connection 10-08-2021 01:24 AM

Liked the ending to this season. Nate embracing full villain status (although more Theon Greyjoy than Joffrey Baratheon) is an interesting and honestly pretty apt way to finish it considering his story arc over the two seasons to this point.

Buehler445 10-08-2021 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15878841)
Liked the ending to this season. Nate embracing full villain status (although more Theon Greyjoy than Joffrey Baratheon) is an interesting and honestly pretty apt way to finish it considering his story arc over the two seasons to this point.

Agreed. I enjoyed it. Show is good when it tries hard. The Beard episode and the Christmas episode still sucked. Especially the Beard one where he broke up with the psycho **** anyway. Just didn’t enjoy that. At all.

But the rest was still pretty good. I laugh every time Roy Kent does angry guy shit. (Fuuuuuuuu…n ROFL). Still love the Keeley and owner characters (surprisingly, on paper the should suck). Lasso is still a good watch and Lasso and Beards back and forth is worth the time.

I liked the Sam stuff (the love angle was …weird. But whatever. Hannah Waddingham can get it so I’ll let it go) and I’m surprised they ended that part the way they did. (We’ll see if there is outrage for the dude turning heel that would be very 2021).

It’s a throwaway character but I really liked the Trent Crimm parts. No clue if he’ll be back but that character did a ton with little screen time.

There’s some weird stuff. Like do you really need VC money to hang out a shingle as a PR consultant? Doesn’t Nate get met with pushback? Maybe not Lasso-wanker pushback, but he’s no coach.

I’m presuming it won’t get cancelled after all the awards but you never know. I hope they do another season.

Shag 10-08-2021 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 15879092)
Agreed. I enjoyed it. Show is good when it tries hard. The Beard episode and the Christmas episode still sucked. Especially the Beard one where he broke up with the psycho **** anyway. Just didn’t enjoy that. At all.

I heard that the season was only planned for 10 episodes, then got bumped to 12 late for some reason. The Christmas and Beard episodes were the addons, which is why they didn't really fit - the story was apparently already told in the 10 episodes.

Quote:

I liked the Sam stuff (the love angle was …weird. But whatever. Hannah Waddingham can get it so I’ll let it go) and I’m surprised they ended that part the way they did. (We’ll see if there is outrage for the dude turning heel that would be very 2021).
I'm not convinced that situation is done, just that he wanted to make it clear it wasn't why he made the choice he made. We'll see - I think they're better off moving on from it.

Quote:

I’m presuming it won’t get cancelled after all the awards but you never know. I hope they do another season.
It was originally planned as a 3 season arc, and I believe the 3rd season is already confirmed. Given the popularity, I wonder if they'll try and extend it beyond 3. I kind of hope they don't, even with how much I enjoy it - not sure how far you can really take the premise, and I'd hate to see it get watered down.

Buehler445 10-08-2021 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shag (Post 15880170)
I heard that the season was only planned for 10 episodes, then got bumped to 12 late for some reason. The Christmas and Beard episodes were the addons, which is why they didn't really fit - the story was apparently already told in the 10 episodes.

I'm not convinced that situation is done, just that he wanted to make it clear it wasn't why he made the choice he made. We'll see - I think they're better off moving on from it.

It was originally planned as a 3 season arc, and I believe the 3rd season is already confirmed. Given the popularity, I wonder if they'll try and extend it beyond 3. I kind of hope they don't, even with how much I enjoy it - not sure how far you can really take the premise, and I'd hate to see it get watered down.

I know the Sam story arc isn’t finished. I’ll spoiler what I was surprised about, hopefully that will keep it from becoming DC/cancel culture/whatever

Spoiler!

BigBeauford 10-10-2021 03:29 PM

That was a great ending Episode.

BWillie 10-12-2021 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15878841)

That was probably the best thing about this season. Love that part. Hopefully more soccer in the next season, never thought I'd say that. Less folksy kid stuff, even though I know that is kind of what the show is all about but they can tone it done a little bit.

Skyy God 10-13-2021 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 15880412)
I know the Sam story arc isn’t finished. I’ll spoiler what I was surprised about, hopefully that will keep it from becoming DC/cancel culture/whatever

Spoiler!

My suspicions were raised when he said he wanted to give away his inherited fortune.

Clyde Frog 10-13-2021 03:53 PM

Spoiler!
Love the Sam
Spoiler!
I hope Ted gets with
Spoiler!

I know I might be late to this realization but this blew my mind:
https://i.imgur.com/7onZUN2.jpeg

BWillie 10-14-2021 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clyde Frog (Post 15892540)
Spoiler!
Love the Sam
Spoiler!
I hope Ted gets with
Spoiler!

Seems like there could have been an opportunity to get a jump on the Ted/Rebecca relationship instead of her going with
Spoiler!
which was kind of strange. Love
Spoiler!
a character though and it was great he got more screen time, though.

KC_Connection 10-14-2021 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 15891536)
That was probably the best thing about this season. Love that part. Hopefully more soccer in the next season, never thought I'd say that. Less folksy kid stuff, even though I know that is kind of what the show is all about but they can tone it done a little bit.

Despite Ted’s developments in S2, Nate is probably the most well developed character on the show with the most cohesive arc from S1 on. Interested to see if there is redemption at the end of this journey for him.

KC_Connection 10-14-2021 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 15879092)

A lot of people hate the Beard episode (and I get why), but it worked for me.

Quote:

But the rest was still pretty good. I laugh every time Roy Kent does angry guy shit. (Fuuuuuuuu…n ROFL). Still love the Keeley and owner characters (surprisingly, on paper the should suck). Lasso is still a good watch and Lasso and Beards back and forth is worth the time.
Roy Kent is probably my favourite character on this show. Reminds me a bit of Dr. Cox from Scrubs (which I feel is similar tonally to Ted Lasso, maybe not unintentionally considering Bill Lawrence is the creator of both).

Quote:

It was initially planned for 3, but I strongly suspect it will end up being more than that given its popularity and acclaim.

Zebedee DuBois 10-15-2021 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 15891536)

This show will always be more about 'relationships' than 'the game'.

MagicHef 10-15-2021 03:02 PM

Is Nate now the only non-Mary Sue character?

Skyy God 10-15-2021 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clyde Frog (Post 15892540)
Spoiler!
Love the Sam
Spoiler!
I hope Ted gets with
Spoiler!

Shame!

arrowheadnation 10-16-2021 03:57 AM

Trent Crimm will get Keely’s old job or some press related job with the club.
Nate will be a complete failure as head coach and realize just how good at his job Ted really is.
I’m sure the show will end with Richmond winning the premier league similar to Leicester a few years back.
Ted will return home to the states to be closer to his kid as the coach of sporting KC.

DJ's left nut 12-10-2021 11:41 AM

Saw this shirt a few days ago:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/05...g?v=1637148730

DJ's left nut 12-10-2021 11:46 AM

Wait - the owner is only 47? Yeesh - she appears to have been ridden hard.

I'd have put her mid-50s.

Buehler445 12-10-2021 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16001067)

ROFL Love a good venn diagram.

Buehler445 12-10-2021 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16001076)

Hey DJ, you know how I know we're getting old (I say we because I think we're the same age)?

Because you said ONLY 47.

Seems not that long ago 30 seemed old. All that being said, I agree, but I'd still give her a ride around the arena.

https://metro.co.uk/wp-content/uploa...size=644%2C338

BWillie 12-13-2021 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 16001262)
Hey DJ, you know how I know we're getting old (I say we because I think we're the same age)?

Because you said ONLY 47.

Seems not that long ago 30 seemed old. All that being said, I agree, but I'd still give her a ride around the arena.

https://metro.co.uk/wp-content/uploa...size=644%2C338

She is a massive massive woman who doesn't have an ounce of fat on her.

DCTwister 05-06-2023 07:46 AM

I was just watching S3 latest episode - 8. Am I the only person that noticed that when Nate hooked up with Jade, the chick from the restaurant that she went to go pee and Nate hears her peeing like a man? So now she’s a transgender?

Zebedee DuBois 05-06-2023 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCTwister (Post 16935469)
I was just watching S3 latest episode - 8. Am I the only person that noticed that when Nate hooked up with Jade, the chick from the restaurant that she went to go pee and Nate hears her peeing like a man? So now she’s a transgender?

I think that is a leap. Water makes noise whether it falls from a two ft. distance or a 1 ft. distance. Women do make noise when they tinkle.

I thought the point of the scene was to demonstrate how uptight Nate is, awaking earlier than his guest and using a different bathroom in the house to clean up and brush teeth, etc, so that he would be 'perfect' when she woke up. Where-as she is not that uptight.

Frazod 05-06-2023 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 15809697)
I tried really hard to get into it based on all the hype and several people telling me how great it is...made it through 8 episodes of the first season and just couldn't keep myself interested.

I think I watched four episodes before I game it up. One of my best friends, who generally hates everything, was raving about it so I gave it a shot. And while I didn't hate it or anything, it just didn't hold my interest. At the end of the day, it's Ned Flanders coaching soccer in England. Yawn.

scho63 05-06-2023 02:39 PM

Another show I have never watched but everyone raves about.

KC_Connection 05-06-2023 03:05 PM

Hope it ends well this season, but there's been a noticeable dip in quality this season other than the Amsterdam episode (which was great). I think they just ended up trying to do too much with too many different characters.

BigRedChief 05-06-2023 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16001076)

you get tortured by the mountain and see how youthful you appear to be.

Third Eye 05-09-2023 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCTwister (Post 16935469)

I doubt you’re the only one to project whatever shit you got going on regardless of how disconnected it is from reality.

big nasty kcnut 05-09-2023 10:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
truth in everything.

KC_Connection 05-10-2023 01:32 AM

That Roy Kent press conference scene was great in that one.

And Sudeikis finding a way to get a shot in at the Broncos out of nowhere.

Zebedee DuBois 05-10-2023 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut (Post 16940064)
truth in everything.

I love that they came back and underlined that part, in case anyone missed it.

Also, " Everyone of you knows my arse isn't hairy. Yet not one of you spoke up." had me laughing.

007 05-10-2023 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 16940132)
That Roy Kent press conference scene was great in that one.

And Sudeikis finding a way to get a shot in at the Broncos out of nowhere.

Damn gay ass Broncos fans.

NTTAWWT

DCTwister 05-11-2023 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Third Eye (Post 16939935)
I doubt you’re the only one to project whatever shit you got going on regardless of how disconnected it is from reality.

Meh, whatever. I’m sure I heard it wrong.

Molitoth 05-16-2023 09:13 AM

This show is getting a lot of hate due to all of the LGBTQ+ pandering, but truthfully it's the world we now live in, and I still think the writing is fine.

I still enjoy this show.

The jab at Broncos fans was amazing.

DJ's left nut 05-17-2023 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 16946500)
This show is getting a lot of hate due to all of the LGBTQ+ pandering, but truthfully it's the world we now live in, and I still think the writing is fine.

I still enjoy this show.

The Amsterdam episode deserves any heat it gets. It was just stupid. There was 4 minutes of actual substance and the rest weird and unnecessary gay storylines that they've been telegraphing all season. It was just hamfisted.

I hope it improves a bit. They took so much guff for not having a real antagonist in S2 that they've tried desperately to shoehorn Nate into the role but don't seem to have any idea what to actually do with his character at this point.

I dunno - it's had some genuinely funny moments but almost all of them center around Roy and Jamie. And Zava was pretty great for a bit there.

But the rest....eh.

BigBeauford 05-17-2023 08:44 AM

Weirdly the Amsterdam episode is the only one I've enjoyed so far. Not trying to crossover too much with some of my Barry disappointments but my god have they completely Neutered Ted this season and given him nothing to do. Watching him just be a stump on a log as the team shits the bed is completely immersion breaking. Lawrence's absence as the show runner is felt through and through; the shows' heart feels manufactured by committee. At this point I'm only watching because my wife wants to.

DJ's left nut 05-17-2023 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 16948076)
Weirdly the Amsterdam episode is the only one I've enjoyed so far. Not trying to crossover too much with some of my Barry disappointments but my god have they completely Neutered Ted this season and given him nothing to do. Watching him just be a stump on a log as the team shits the bed is completely immersion breaking. Lawrence's absence as the show runner is felt through and through; the shows' heart feels manufactured by committee. At this point I'm only watching because my wife wants to.

An hour long bottle episode is the definition of gilding a lily. And I think that was ultimately my biggest issue with it.

Though the idea of an American theme restaurant in Amsterdam is fascinating to me. And yeah, if I'd spent 2+ years living in England (english food suuuuuucks) I'd absolutely go ham there even if it's a lousy facsimile of true Americana.

BigBeauford 05-17-2023 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16948089)
An hour long bottle episode is the definition of gilding a lily. And I think that was ultimately my biggest issue with it.

Though the idea of an American theme restaurant in Amsterdam is fascinating to me. And yeah, if I'd spent 2+ years living in England (english food suuuuuucks) I'd absolutely go ham there even if it's a lousy facsimile of true Americana.

At least it's a significantly better bottle episode than the crappy coach Beard episode from Season 2 (his character is so cringe), and this one still had a decent budget (can't say the same for Barry's Tricky Legacies).

DJ's left nut 05-17-2023 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 16948092)
At least it's a significantly better bottle episode than the crappy coach Beard episode from Season 2 (his character is so cringe), and this one still had a decent budget (can't say the same for Barry's Tricky Legacies).

I almost specifically noted that Coach Beard got too much screen time in the Amsterdam episode.

Yeah, I pretty much have no use for Coach Beard. They've expanded a role that should've been nothing more than a sort of philosopher Tex Winters.

BigBeauford 05-17-2023 08:25 PM

God episode 7 is a steaming pile of woke crap. Jesus.

Chiefspants 05-17-2023 08:46 PM

This show has become an introspective drama comprised of several divergent storylines.

Or you know, a bit far away from what made it so great in Season 1.

BigBeauford 05-17-2023 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 16948948)
This show has become an introspective drama comprised of several divergent storylines.

It's the most contrived garbage I've seen in quite some time.

"I don't chew my cheerios to save my energy in case class warfare breaks out".

Has to be the worst line of dialogue I've ever been subjected to.

KC_Connection 05-18-2023 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16948089)

Bottle episode or not (and I'm not sure it would completely meet that definition, they probably spent more filming on location there than any other episode this season), the Roy/Jamie stuff in the Amsterdam episode was some of the best stuff this show has done period in their entire run.

KC_Connection 05-18-2023 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 16948948)

And this would be exactly the issue. They attempted to do too much in taking this from an amusing sitcom with heart (like a sports Scrubs) into what's effectively now become an hour long prestige drama. It would be one thing if they executed that transition, but it doesn't feel to me that they have.

Sassy Squatch 05-18-2023 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 16946500)

I still enjoy this show.

I genuinely wonder if the Anheuser-Busch situation will finally be the catalyst that swings the pendulum back around on folks trying to shove that agenda into everything.

Pepe Silvia 05-19-2023 12:20 PM

Price Chopper got a mention too.

Mephistopheles Janx 05-19-2023 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 16949172)
I genuinely wonder if the Anheuser-Busch situation will finally be the catalyst that swings the pendulum back around on folks trying to shove that agenda into everything.

LMAO