ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs WE NEED A CULTURE CHANGE!! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=325931)

UChieffyBugger 10-13-2019 06:22 PM

WE NEED A CULTURE CHANGE!!

The history books tell everyone what is needed to succeed..DEFENSE. And yet here we are, following the same path as the Vikings 98, Rams 2001 and all the other "great" offenses that didn't win a damn thing. Since 2001 the proof is there for all to see!!..Seahawks, Ravens, Denver, Steelers, Patriots, Tampa, Giants etc etc have all won because of good defense and before we waste another year of our genius QB, I believe In the offseason we should tear this thing down and begin the process of building a competent defense so we can have a realistic chance of finally winning a championship.

If it means getting rid of Andy and Veach...DO IT.

If it means getting rid of some of our offensive stars, collecting picks, drafting all defense and spending all the money we have on defense...DO IT

We've seen the mistakes Green bay have made with Rodgers and now finally they have given him a decent defense for the first time In ten years and they look very good. We need to start the process NOW and hopefully Pat would be able to elevate less talented offensive players If need be. Because I simply cannot see any way around this...the current philosophy is a losing hand, PERIOD. We saw it last year and sadly we're gonna see it again this year!!..bank on it.

Iowanian 10-13-2019 06:25 PM

We need a front 4 who can get off a block and pressure a QB.....and linebackers who can ****ing tackle.

Johnny Vegas 10-13-2019 06:26 PM

If Tyreek wasn’t suspended when the draft happened there has to be no doubt we’d have gone defense. ****in Espinols strike again.

Baby Lee 10-13-2019 06:27 PM

this is by far the worst defense in the history of the league to retain any delusion of championship, and that's purely a function of a phenomenal QB.

Vikings D was middling
Rams D in 99 was dominant, and won the SB. . .
The Rams you need to be wary of emulating is the 01/02 Martz Rams

Why Not? 10-13-2019 06:29 PM

Won’t happen. We’re stuck in some sort of weird purgatory. Kinda like having the coaching version of Jay Cutler. Obviously Reid is better and a nicer guy but my point is, he’s good enough to keep but not good enough to get you over the hump.

YontsRBake 10-13-2019 06:30 PM

Some fair weather fans in here.

Bet you were calling for Reid’s job when we were 1-5 in 2015 and 6-6 in 2017 then shut right the fk up for all of 2018 and considered him a great coach.

Let the season play out, it’s week 6 and we are 4-2. We have a coach that has gone to the playoffs 5/6 years and developed this team to an offensive juggernaut, who has dealt with multiple key injuries this year. calling for his head at this point is dumb.

RealSNR 10-13-2019 06:30 PM

It's even more painful that we were so goddamn close to going into the history books by winning a Super Bowl with the putrid defense we had last year. I don't know the worst defense to ever win a Super Bowl, but I'll bet it wasn't as bad as the D we had last year.

RealSNR 10-13-2019 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YontsRBake (Post 14523403)

Bet you were calling for Reid’s job when we were 1-5 in 2016 and 6-6 in 2017 then shut right the fk up for all of 2018 and considered him a great coach.

Let the season play out, it’s week 6 and we are 4-2. We have a coach that has gone to the playoffs 5/6 years and developed this team to an offensive juggernaut, who has dealt with multiple key injuries this year. calling for his head at this point is dumb.

We were 1-5 in 2015, not 2016.

NOW WHO'S THE FAIR WEATHER FAN????????

Megatron96 10-13-2019 06:31 PM

A 9-7 Giants team won a Super Bowl as I recall. That defense was crap too. With a very average QB, and less talented offense overall.

And last year with a second-to-last defense, we were a coin flip from winning the AFCCG.

We don't need a top 5 defense. If Mahomes, the offensive line, and the defensive front-7 is healthy by the playoffs, the team is good enough to win a SB this year. They do have to find a middle LB that can actually stop the run, but with that they are good enough this year. Next year might be different.

Hammock Parties 10-13-2019 06:32 PM

No we don't.

We need Eric Fisher and Chris Jones.

Johnny Vegas 10-13-2019 06:32 PM

Quote:

Bet you were calling for Reid’s job when we were 1-5 in 2016 and 6-6 in 2017 then shut right the fk up for all of 2018 and considered him a great coach.

Curious who’s a fair weather fan in here? KC never gave anyone the choice to be one until last year. Haven’t seen an influx of new heads but I work a lot so I maybe I don’t see as much as you do.

YontsRBake 10-13-2019 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas (Post 14523387)
If Tyreek wasn’t suspended when the draft happened there has to be no doubt we’d have gone defense. ****in Espinols strike again.

What could we have taken there that would have changed our defense that significantly this year?

Why Not? 10-13-2019 06:33 PM

Quote:

You damn right I was. I’ve said the same thing about Reid for years. He’s a great regular season coach. I get why he won’t get fired. But if we ever win a Super Bowl with him as the HC, it will be in spite of him, not because of him. I got a 20 plus year track record of evidence that supports my take, if you’d like to review it.

Why Not? 10-13-2019 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas (Post 14523414)
Curious who’s a fair weather fan in here? KC never gave anyone the choice to be one until last year. Haven’t seen an influx of new heads but I work a lot so I maybe I don’t see as much as you do.

😂

UChieffyBugger 10-13-2019 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 14523390)
this is by far the worst defense in the history of the league to retain any delusion of championship, and that's purely a function of a phenomenal QB.

Vikings D was middling
Rams D in 99 was dominant, and won the SB. . .
The Rams you need to be wary of emulating is the 01/02 Martz Rams

Yeah pardon me, I just edited it. Your point is totally right though...last week I thought maybe the injuries got to us so even though I was upset I just thought it might be a blip. Tonight I'm waving the white towel!..we're not winning anything this year or any year with the current culture we have In KC.

2bikemike 10-13-2019 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 14523382)
We need a front 4 who can get off a block and pressure a QB.....and linebackers who can ****ing tackle.

I am sick of seeing guys trying to tackle up around the shoulders or just thinking a big hit is going to take a player out. I am sick of guys not ganging up and hitting when their team mate has a player in his grasp. Get pissed and make them pay for getting the ball!

YontsRBake 10-13-2019 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14523409)
We were 1-5 in 2015, not 2016.

NOW WHO'S THE FAIR WEATHER FAN????????

My fault. 2015 and 2017. I recall similar posts and meltdowns in here.

Reid is a great coach, losing a game in fkn week 6 to go to 4-2 doesn’t change that.

UChieffyBugger 10-13-2019 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14523410)
A 9-7 Giants team won a Super Bowl as I recall. That defense was crap too. With a very average QB, and less talented offense overall.

And last year with a second-to-last defense, we were a coin flip from winning the AFCCG.

We don't need a top 5 defense. If Mahomes, the offensive line, and the defensive front-7 is healthy by the playoffs, the team is good enough to win a SB this year. They do have to find a middle LB that can actually stop the run, but with that they are good enough this year. Next year might be different.

That Giants defense stood up when it counted in the Super Bowl!!..this defense is simply not on the same level. I'm not gonna be In denial about this team..THEY ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH, period.

YontsRBake 10-13-2019 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas (Post 14523414)

You’re confusing fair weather with bandwagon. Influx of new heads would be bandwagon. Fair weather would be having a meltdown and abandoning ship in week 6, like this board is doing.

UChieffyBugger 10-13-2019 06:40 PM

Quote:

Bet you were calling for Reid’s job when we were 1-5 in 2015 and 6-6 in 2017 then shut right the fk up for all of 2018 and considered him a great coach.

What did we win on those years???? Oh yes, NOTHING!!. And in both cases how did we go out of the playoffs? Oh yes...THE OTHER TEAM RAN THE BALL DOWN OUR MOUTH and took time off the clock!!..sounds familiar, doesn't it? :rolleyes:

raidersnumber1 10-13-2019 06:42 PM

It's funny how quickly things change.

whatever happened to the offseason mantra around here "we have Mahomes, no one can beat us!"

Fickle fans!

petegz28 10-13-2019 06:42 PM

We do need a culture change. It's time to become a defensive team. When you have a QB like Mahomes you don't need many other pieces on offense. You keep Reek and Kelce. If you can pick up a solid RB then great. Other than that we need to focus on defense Baltimore style. Or even New England style.

NE has rotated WR's and RB's like nothing. What they do maintain is solid lines and and good defenses.

If we had a solid defense then Mahomes, Hill and Kelce would absolutely wreck shit.

UChieffyBugger 10-13-2019 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14523405)
It's even more painful that we were so goddamn close to going into the history books by winning a Super Bowl with the putrid defense we had last year. I don't know the worst defense to ever win a Super Bowl, but I'll bet it wasn't as bad as the D we had last year.

I honestly don't think we would have beaten the Rams even if we went to the SB tbh. Their offense looked bad against the Pats because of Bill!!...wouldn't have been the same against us.

Megatron96 10-13-2019 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 14523429)
That Giants defense stood up when it counted in the Super Bowl!!..this defense is simply not on the same level. I'm not gonna be In denial about this team..THEY ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH, period.

Yes they did. But up until then, they were garbage. Everyone in the league thought so. And they didn't really have any more talent on defense than what we have now.

Our unit could turn things around; there's 11 weeks left to see if they do.

notorious 10-13-2019 06:44 PM

There's only one way to get a culture change.

YontsRBake 10-13-2019 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 14523419)
You damn right I was. I’ve said the same thing about Reid for years. He’s a great regular season coach. I get why he won’t get fired. But if we ever win a Super Bowl with him as the HC, it will be in spite of him, not because of him. I got a 20 plus year track record of evidence that supports my take, if you’d like to review it.

If you see him as a regular season coach and want a super bowl. Why are you ready to give up on him in week 6. If we finish 10-6 from here and win a SB, does this game matter?

All I’m saying is let the playoffs play out, if we lose games like this to good teams in the reg season but win in the offs, that gives us what we truly want.

Pats started 1-2 last year. The Regular season does not matter beyond making the playoffs and there’s 0 chance we don’t make it. If we lose in the playoffs I’ll agree, but let’s wait to see that play out first.

RealSNR 10-13-2019 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YontsRBake (Post 14523430)
You’re confusing fair weather with bandwagon. Influx of new heads would be bandwagon. Fair weather would be having a meltdown and abandoning ship in week 6, like this board is doing.

I think the number of people actually abandoning ship is very small. Abandoning ship isn't criticizing the people in charge or having doubts about the direction the team is going in. Abandoning ship is turning off the games and ignoring it all.

Guess where my ass is gonna be on Thursday night. On the same ****ing couch it was on today for 3 hours.

petegz28 10-13-2019 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14523455)
Yes they did. But up until then, they were garbage. Everyone in the league thought so. And they didn't really have any more talent on defense than what we have now.

Our unit could turn things around; there's 11 weeks left to see if they do.

NE=great QB + great defense.

KC= great QB + great WR + great TE + horrible defense

We need to focus less on the offensive skill positions and more on the defense overall

notorious 10-13-2019 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14523466)
I think the number of people actually abandoning ship is very small. Abandoning ship isn't criticizing the people in charge or having doubts about the direction the team is going in. Abandoning ship is turning off the games and ignoring it all.

Guess where my ass is gonna be on Thursday night. On the same ****ing couch it was on today for 3 hours.

My ass will be watching Jr. High football. It will be nice to watch players tackle properly.

comochiefsfan 10-13-2019 06:48 PM

As long as Andy is here, we’ll have a lot of regular season success but will choke when it matters.

It’s been that way for his entire career. Why would it change now?

Johnny Vegas 10-13-2019 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YontsRBake (Post 14523430)

Pretty sure those “abandoning ship” have been life long fans which, again, haven’t ever tasted success since 1969.

UChieffyBugger 10-13-2019 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 14523447)
We do need a culture change. It's time to become a defensive team. When you have a QB like Mahomes you don't need many other pieces on offense. You keep Reek and Kelce. If you can pick up a solid RB then great. Other than that we need to focus on defense Baltimore style. Or even New England style.

NE has rotated WR's and RB's like nothing. What they do maintain is solid lines and and good defenses.

If we had a solid defense then Mahomes, Hill and Kelce would absolutely wreck shit.

This is what I'm talking about!!..this is the plan Veach should have in his head tonight. Enough is enough.

Megatron96 10-13-2019 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 14523469)

We need to focus less on the offensive skill positions and more on the defense overall

I'm confused; I was using the Giants as a reference, not NE.

But I do agree that the team really needs to get their defensive eggs sorted out. The offense, when healthy is good enough to get us there. Which is why the Chiefs have time yet to resolve their issues and be significantly better. Not world beaters, but good enough to give the offense a chance to win in Feb.

Halfcan 10-13-2019 06:51 PM

Andy needs to retire.

JakeF 10-13-2019 06:51 PM

Pittsburgh has been successful for decades largely because they are tough, disciplined and physical.

We are none of those things.

Why Not? 10-13-2019 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YontsRBake (Post 14523461)
If you see him as a regular season coach and want a super bowl. Why are you ready to give up on him in week 6. If we finish 10-6 from here and win a SB, does this game matter?

All I’m saying is let the playoffs play out, if we lose games like this to good teams in the reg season but win in the offs, that gives us what we truly want.

Pats started 1-2 last year. The Regular season does not matter beyond making the playoffs and there’s 0 chance we don’t make it. If we lose in the playoffs I’ll agree, but let’s wait to see that play out first.

Associating our team with the Patriots in any reference to the post season is beyond silly. We have seen it play out. We’ve seen Reid lead the Chiefs to the post season many times. What do we have to show for it? Nothing but failure and literally historic collapse. Look man, if the Chiefs win the SB this year and especially if it’s clear that Andy called a great game, please repost this and I will cyber bow down. I don’t think he can win us a SB. Would love to be wrong.

kcpasco 10-13-2019 06:52 PM

League favors a pedophile QB. It is what it is.

threebag 10-13-2019 06:52 PM

Everything will be good

Jerm 10-13-2019 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 14523495)
League favors a pedophile QB. It is what it is.

Oh good God....:rolleyes:

ChiefaRoo 10-13-2019 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14523412)
No we don't.

The Chiefs need to put 7/8 in the box and fill gaps. Stop the run at all costs and risk the deep strike. It’s all they’ve got.

kcpasco 10-13-2019 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 14523498)
Oh good God....:rolleyes:

Truth hurts. Tell me the Pats get a penalty reversed against them?

Sorter 10-13-2019 06:56 PM

SB this year is still possible despite our flaws.

However, Veach needs to obtain more picks and invest on both lines early. One of the things that is completely absent the past three games is an ability to run the ball under center and develop a PA package off it (although this is probably due to OL injuries).

IMO, for this team to be successful later in the year we need to have a minimum of 14-22 IZ/OZ plays per game with roughly half being under center. That doesn’t include power/counters/tosses etc that are game specific.

The defense should be below average (but not the worst in yards/points allowed) if this happens.

petegz28 10-13-2019 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefaRoo (Post 14523501)
The Chiefs need to put 7/8 in the box and fill gaps. Stop the run at all costs and risk the deep strike. It’s all they’ve got.

We're getting stood up and knocked off the ball every snap. O-lineman are getting to the second level too easy. We aren't even hitting the QB let alone getting a sack. We need to start playing defense and quit this bullshit we are doing.

kcpasco 10-13-2019 06:58 PM

I don’t ****ing care if it’s whining. That BS penalty reversal was the difference between a win and a loss. But go ahead and accept rape up the ass.

JakeF 10-13-2019 06:59 PM

Quote:

No we don't.

You hate Eric Fisher almost as much as you do Alex Smith. Did you have to ask someone else to type that for you? LMAO

Chiefshrink 10-13-2019 07:00 PM

Quote:

No we don't.

Sorry Clay the Chiefs were already declining even WITH these guys in the lineup.

Good defenses are recognizing that our offense turns into a "Paper Tiger" when the heat is put on this less than talented o-line that couldn't stop a Pop Warner team rushing the passer or opening a hole.

petegz28 10-13-2019 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 14523522)
I don’t ****ing care if it’s whining. That BS penalty reversal was the difference between a win and a loss. But go ahead and accept rape up the ass.

The imaginary hold on 4th down killed us. Thought that call was absolutely ****ing bullshit. If it isn't PI then it is holding or illegal contact. We have been getting worked over by the Refs the last 2 games for whatever reason. Seems to me they want to make sure NE has home field for Tommy's going away party.

petegz28 10-13-2019 07:01 PM

I'd trade Chris Jones tomorrow for a tackling LB and some picks.

Jerm 10-13-2019 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 14523512)
Truth hurts. Tell me the Pats get a penalty reversed against them?

Yes the refs give the Pats alllll their wins and alllll their Super Bowls.

God when you morons start talking this shit and call Brady a pedophile it makes this fanbase look like the dumbass inbred hicks everyone else thinks we are.

kcpasco 10-13-2019 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 14523539)
Yes the refs give the Pats alllll their wins and alllll their Super Bowls.

God when you morons start talking this shit and call Brady a pedophile it makes this fanbase look like the dumbass inbred hicks everyone else thinks we are.

Does that’s call get reversed if it was the Pats? I’ve never been so pissed about a call. Even if we won that call wants me to hope a ref dies in a horrible way.

TEX 10-13-2019 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 14523469)

Hasn't Veach been building the defense for two years now?

Hammock Parties 10-13-2019 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 14523529)
Sorry Clay the Chiefs were already declining even WITH these guys in the lineup.

Good defenses are recognizing that our offense turns into a "Paper Tiger" when the heat is put on this less than talented o-line that couldn't stop a Pop Warner team rushing the passer or opening a hole.

1. Undefeated with Fisher.

2. Chris Jones would have dominated the game today and probably would have been enough to bring home the W. Watson was pressured maybe 2-3 times.

This team just needs to get healthy.

Chief Northman 10-13-2019 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 14523533)

No.

He’s the only guy that can draw doubles and disrupt the passing game. He freelances on run, but at least he’s made plays.

Veach can find better LB’s than Nieman and Lee on the scrap heap. Hell, Ragland would be better starting right now than either of these two.
I say trade for Trent Williams and kick Fisher to guard. Let Hitchens, Watkins and Fisher walk next year along with Colquitt and Sherman. Draft OL/DL and secondary. Find some decent FA linebackers...

Jerm 10-13-2019 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 14523545)
Does that’s call get reversed if it was the Pats? I’ve never been so pissed about a call. Even if we won that call wants me to hope a ref dies in a horrible way.

WHO GIVES A **** IF IT DOES....

Do you think we've never had a call go our way?

The refs sucked but if you're pinning this loss on them than whatever, not even close to the case...

kcpasco 10-13-2019 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 14523561)
WHO GIVES A **** IF IT DOES....

Do you think we've never had a call go our way?

The refs sucked but if you're pinning this loss on them than whatever, not even close to the case...

It wasn’t just a call going against us. They literally huddled and decided to rape us in the ass with a 10 ft dildo. I’ve never seen that before. Because Chiefs I guess.

JakeF 10-13-2019 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 14523533)

If i thought Veach and Reid knew who to trade Jones for i would all over that. What makes anyone think that Veach/Reid know what do with anything?

I don't want to hear any bullshit about Veach and Mahomes either. After watching Veach work after Dorsey was fired, i wonder if he knows a single ****ing thing. Maybe Mahomes was pure luck or maybe the rumor that Veach found Mahomes was bullshit created to mollify a fanbase because we were about to fire the GM who just drafted a Franchise QB.

I don't know, but so far Veach/Reid looks like shit.

petegz28 10-13-2019 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 14523607)
If i thought Veach and Reid knew who to trade Jones for i would all over that. What makes anyone think that Veach/Reid know what do with anything?

I don't want to hear any bullshit about Veach and Mahomes either. After watching Veach work after Dorsey was fired, i wonder if he knows a single ****ing thing. Maybe Mahomes was pure luck or maybe the rumor that Veach found Mahomes was bullshit created to mollify a fanbase because we were about to fire the GM who just drafted a Franchise QB.

I don't know, but so far Veach/Reid looks like shit.

Everyone was pretty high on the Hitchens deal and he hasn't worked out now everyone doesn't like it

Everyone was stoked about Frank Clark and that is challenging and now everyone doesn't like it

He did draft Juan Thornhill
He did get Honey Badger
He brought in Breeland

All 3 moves people were good with until......

I'm not defending Veach but everyone or a lot of people seem to be for all these moves until they aren't.

UChieffyBugger 10-13-2019 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 14523560)
No.

He’s the only guy that can draw doubles and disrupt the passing game. He freelances on run, but at least he’s made plays.

Veach can find better LB’s than Nieman and Lee on the scrap heap. Hell, Ragland would be better starting right now than either of these two.
I say trade for Trent Williams and kick Fisher to guard. Let Hitchens, Watkins and Fisher walk next year along with Colquitt and Sherman. Draft OL/DL and secondary. Find some decent FA linebackers...

This won't work imo...the defense needs a total overhaul and putting a plaster over the wound is not gonna solve it. Jones is NOT good enough defending the run so whats the point in keeping him? It's time for a change.

WhiteWhale 10-13-2019 09:00 PM

Just give me more varied and dynamic playcalling.

Shot gun pass

Shot gun pass

Shot gun pass

isn't working. Let's mix it up. Give teams more to think about. The lack of creativity this week baffled me given Tyreek playing.

WhiteWhale 10-13-2019 09:03 PM

Also, the problems with Veach are related to Dorsey. It's YEARS of bad drafting on the defensive side that has put us here. That's on the HC, that's on the GM, that's on the scouting department, and it's on the guys tasked with developing defensive talent.

Making a bunch of lateral moves (trading pass rush for coverage) while hiring a shitty DC wasn't a good plan either.

Chieftain 10-13-2019 09:09 PM

It would be a mistake getting rid of Veach. He is as good of a GM as you are gonna get in this league. My concern is with Reid. I just don't think he is a great coach. He is a very good offensive mind but in terms of coaching all aspects of a game, Reid is average or below average. He is also very soft and plays conservative with a lead. We need an agresive minded coach like a Sean Peyton. Or even a Sean McVay.

Why Not? 10-13-2019 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e3263518 (Post 14523843)
It would be a mistake getting rid of Veach. He is as good of a GM as you are gonna get in this league.

What are you basing this on? Legit curious.

Megatron96 10-13-2019 09:35 PM

Quote:

We need an agresive minded coach like a Sean Peyton. Or even a Sean McVay.

Riiight. Let us know when either Sean Peyton or Sean McVay are available . . .

comochiefsfan 10-13-2019 09:38 PM

Quote:

It would be a mistake getting rid of Veach. He is as good of a GM as you are gonna get in this league. My concern is with Reid. I just don't think he is a great coach. He is a very good offensive mind but in terms of coaching all aspects of a game, Reid is average or below average. He is also very soft and plays conservative with a lead. We need an agresive minded coach like a Sean Peyton. Or even a Sean McVay.

Found Brett’s CP account.

FloridaMan88 10-13-2019 09:40 PM

Quote:

It would be a mistake getting rid of Veach. He is as good of a GM as you are gonna get in this league.

That is an interesting thought considering the Chiefs employed two front office personnel... John Dorsey and Chris Ballard who are lightyears better and more qualified as GM's than Veach could ever dream to be.

GloryDayz 10-14-2019 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 14523620)
Everyone was pretty high on the Hitchens deal and he hasn't worked out now everyone doesn't like it

Everyone was stoked about Frank Clark and that is challenging and now everyone doesn't like it

He did draft Juan Thornhill
He did get Honey Badger
He brought in Breeland

All 3 moves people were good with until......

I'm not defending Veach but everyone or a lot of people seem to be for all these moves until they aren't.

It's amazing how players appear to decline in skills once they get here. It must be the water. I suspect BB provides much better water for his newly acquired players. :shrug:

Mecca 10-14-2019 06:32 AM

Quote:

No other GM could suck Andy's cock as good, that's about the criteria at this point.

jdh81_06 10-14-2019 06:42 AM

Gents,

I know everyone is frustrated with the performance of our defense. Understand that this defense and coordinator have had a total of 10 games together, if you count the pre-season games. Keep in mind, the entire scheme changed in the off season from a 3-4 to a 4-3. I get the frustration and believe me I’m just as frustrated with the lack of tackling and penalties, just ask my wife. Allow this team to bounce back and get better as the season progresses. I think you will see some changes in the coming weeks, and I also think Veach will add some talent/depth before the trade deadline. Be patient, we have a lot to be thankful for when it comes to our Chiefs.

TNTEICHER 10-14-2019 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 14523801)
This won't work imo...the defense needs a total overhaul and putting a plaster over the wound is not gonna solve it. Jones is NOT good enough defending the run so whats the point in keeping him? It's time for a change.

If anyone could convince Jones to play his gap I'd say pay they guy. But he refuses to play sound run defense. He cannot get paid like Clark. It would be a killing blow to this defense. We have toooo many needs to do this.

Mecca 10-14-2019 06:43 AM

Scheme doesn't matter when they are getting beat because they are stupid and don't tackle well.

IowaHawkeyeChief 10-14-2019 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14523912)
Riiight. Let us know when either Sean Peyton or Sean McVay are available . . .

The above..... and McVay was awesome yesterday, that Juggernaut LA Rams offense is off the charts this year. :rolleyes:

Shaid 10-14-2019 08:26 AM

We were 1 penalty away from the Super Bowl last year. We need a healthy line and Chris Jones back and we're about the same as last year. Let's step back from the ledge.

I absolutely agree we need to focus on D but look at the assistant D coaches that were brought in. They were supposed to be cream of the crop. There is effort to move the right way.

Mecca 10-14-2019 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaid (Post 14524476)
We were 1 penalty away from the Super Bowl last year. We need a healthy line and Chris Jones back and we're about the same as last year. Let's step back from the ledge.

I absolutely agree we need to focus on D but look at the assistant D coaches that were brought in. They were supposed to be cream of the crop. There is effort to move the right way.

This team is worse than last year......

Hammock Parties 10-14-2019 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14524483)
This team is worse than last year......

you are worse than ever

Mecca 10-14-2019 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14524508)
you are worse than ever

What do you want me to tell you? They sold this as a superbowl year when they present us with a more expensive shithole defense.

I don't care how good Mahomes is, you can not win this way against good teams.

AdolfOliverBush 10-14-2019 08:52 AM

I think defense could be just barely good enough IF the playcalling was more aggressive. The linebackers aren't moving downhill at the snap nearly often enough. They're shuffling laterally, and by the time they move towards the line of scrimmage the OL and RB have a full head of steam (thanks to an inept DL) and trample their asses.

Interior OL is an even bigger problem. Even when healthy, they suck balls. Mahomes is the franchise, and if he goes down because of some dickbag LG, the '85 Bears defense wouldn't help this team.

Coochie liquor 10-14-2019 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raidersnumber1 (Post 14523446)

whatever happened to the offseason mantra around here "we have Mahomes, no one can beat us!"

Fickle fans!

Unlike your fan base we actually expect our team to do well during the regular season. We can’t figure out what is more, your brain cells or Faders winning season in the last 2 decades.

GloryDayz 10-14-2019 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdh81_06 (Post 14524253)
Gents,

I know everyone is frustrated with the performance of our defense. Understand that this defense and coordinator have had a total of 10 games together, if you count the pre-season games. Keep in mind, the entire scheme changed in the off season from a 3-4 to a 4-3. I get the frustration and believe me I’m just as frustrated with the lack of tackling and penalties, just ask my wife. Allow this team to bounce back and get better as the season progresses. I think you will see some changes in the coming weeks, and I also think Veach will add some talent/depth before the trade deadline. Be patient, we have a lot to be thankful for when it comes to our Chiefs.

Well thanks for understanding.

YontsRBake 02-04-2020 12:25 AM

Threads like these are funny in hindsight

KChiefs1 02-04-2020 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raidersnumber1 (Post 14523446)

Fickle fans!

Nothing has changed.

We have Mahomes, no one can beat us.