ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Division 2 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=321266)

Imon Yourside 02-11-2019 03:56 PM

Division 2

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ktNvh63KkQQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0EHspN2Btfk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ry20482yfc4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vGL6OFIOXCE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I have to say I was completely blown away by the beta for this, this maybe my favorite game ever or one of them. It achieves what the first one didn't free roaming pve loot shooter goodness with great item randomization. The Enemy AI is really improved from the first game. I was sad to see the beta go at 3 am this morning. Anyone else looking forward to this?

The Franchise 02-11-2019 04:25 PM

So is it like Destiny? Where you're completing solo missions but other players are in the same world and can join in at any time?

Imon Yourside 02-11-2019 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14101935)
So is it like Destiny? Where you're completing solo missions but other players are in the same world and can join in at any time?

Yes it's similar, you can either do solo or up to 4 players and it has matchmaking. Your world IS instanced though other than the Dark Zone. As far as I know you have to actually join up to do missions or open world stuff etc

The Franchise 02-11-2019 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 14101965)
Yes it's similar, you can either do solo or up to 4 players and it has matchmaking. Your world IS instanced though other than the Dark Zone. As far as I know you have to actually join up to do missions or open world stuff etc

Is the story mode worth the price of the game? I generally don't have time to play multiplayer games that much.

Sassy Squatch 02-11-2019 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14101969)
Is the story mode worth the price of the game? I generally don't have time to play multiplayer games that much.

No. You'll be grinding the same missions over and over again end game for better PVP equipment. Rent the game if you're only interested in the campaign.

Simply Red 02-11-2019 04:52 PM

I was watching Rad Brad's walkthough last night - looks legit.

Imon Yourside 02-11-2019 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14101979)
No. You'll be grinding the same missions over and over again end game for better PVP equipment. Rent the game if you're only interested in the campaign.

Division 2 has a far better endgame than Division 1. There is literally tons of freeroam stuff to do. Public events, taking back settlements and supplying those settlements. And the endgame also features Invaded areas and missions where the black tusks will literally make the zones more dangerous and fun than the darkzone in Division 1.

The 3rd person cover shooting reminds me a lot of Mass Effect 3 one of the coolest games of all time. It's fun just to wreck stuff with the guns and such.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gA3_6Dfx9lQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sassy Squatch 02-11-2019 04:59 PM

Well, that's good. Hopefully they learned their lesson from the last game and have crafting perfected from the get go instead of the bullshit they pulled with the first game.

Imon Yourside 02-11-2019 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14101990)
Well, that's good. Hopefully they learned their lesson from the last game and have crafting perfected from the get go instead of the bullshit they pulled with the first game.

I agree the first game left so much potential wasted. There just wasn't enough to do but this time it appears they've listened and quite well. Tons of endgame things to do, with this and Anthem coming within a month of each other it's probably the best time in gaming ever and that goes back to Castle Wolfenstein in phosphorous on the apple 2. Good times.

Side mission gameplay

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eoc9JhZHspM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

007 02-11-2019 11:51 PM

Division 1 was fun with friends and boring as hell solo. Not planning on getting this one at all because I don't want to fall into that trap again since I prefer solo play over MP.

Imon Yourside 02-12-2019 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 14102625)
Division 1 was fun with friends and boring as hell solo. Not planning on getting this one at all because I don't want to fall into that trap again since I prefer solo play over MP.

You're supposed to be able to solo about anything but raids in Division 2. Destiny has pretty much been a snoozefest since I bought it. Still left wondering what was ever so great about it.

The immersion of Division certainly holds some merit, I guess you have to love cover shooters to appreciate it but it's by far my favorite genre. Mass Effect 3 got me addicted to it and other than Gears of war I do wish there was more in this category.

I do however understand where you're coming from Division 1 lacked the vision this one seems to have nailed. the Open world roaming stuff is my favorite part of it whereas Division 1 nothing about the Lightzone was fun just a big boring open space.

Imon Yourside 02-12-2019 03:51 PM

Open beta for everyone March 1st to 4th

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PUVSwG6yQAU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Aspengc8 02-13-2019 08:04 AM

Played about 12 hours of the private beta. Mechanically, feels a lot like D1, with a palette swap to foliage instead of snow. Feels better than D1 but still has issues. I'm not a PvP guy, so I'll just be playing this with buddies for the story. I have a better feeling about Anthem than D2 after playing both.

Imon Yourside 02-28-2019 04:27 PM

Just as an FYI, the OPEN beta starts tomorrow for basically the weekend. ANYONE can try it out for free. Should be on UPLAY now for preload, although I haven't checked.

Aspen i'm a PVE player too but this game offers FAR more PVE endgame content than Division 1 ever did. Challenging bad guys all over the place in the light zone Free roam.

I'll be rotating this and Anthem once this releases on March 15th.

Imon Yourside 03-07-2019 05:08 AM

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VaEvTrlFKww" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jerm 03-08-2019 11:38 AM

Really looking forward to this...loved the original (esp. the Dark Zone, one of my fav. MP modes EVER) and this one looks way better. Coming from Anthem, almost feel overwhelmed with all the initial content lol but thankful.

Imon Yourside 03-08-2019 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 14141091)
Really looking forward to this...loved the original (esp. the Dark Zone, one of my fav. MP modes EVER) and this one looks way better. Coming from Anthem, almost feel overwhelmed with all the initial content lol but thankful.

I'm looking forward to this but still loving Anthem, I might even stick with Anthem beyond the launch of this as the gameplay is so addictive. I played Mass Effect 3 multiplayer for a long time and Anthem seems like a major extension/upgrade from that. Probably my favorite for gameplay of alltime.

007 03-08-2019 10:46 PM

I kind of enjoyed the beta but I see the same problem the first game had. If you want to go solo, its going to be a slow ass frustrating grind.

Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy playing with friends but I just don't want to schedule around a game.

I do wish I had more people in my friends list that are more interested in just doing drop ins than scheduling an entire night out.

Imon Yourside 03-09-2019 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 14142218)
I kind of enjoyed the beta but I see the same problem the first game had. If you want to go solo, its going to be a slow ass frustrating grind.

Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy playing with friends but I just don't want to schedule around a game.

I do wish I had more people in my friends list that are more interested in just doing drop ins than scheduling an entire night out.

Don't like playing with randoms? I can understand just asking. In a game like Anthem or Destiny playing with randoms is great, but Division 1 had a bigtime matchmaking problem and if you got stuck with a bunch of noobs you couldn't complete half the content. Here's to hoping this one has much better matchmaking, especially endgame.

Imon Yourside 03-12-2019 11:18 AM

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jAdWTTgvf58" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

007 03-12-2019 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 14142849)
Don't like playing with randoms? I can understand just asking. In a game like Anthem or Destiny playing with randoms is great, but Division 1 had a bigtime matchmaking problem and if you got stuck with a bunch of noobs you couldn't complete half the content. Here's to hoping this one has much better matchmaking, especially endgame.

Didn't like anthem gameplay in beta so I didn't buy the game. I don't mind random in destiny for certain things. Strikes and such. I'd never do a raid with randoms.

I also will not use a mic with randoms because some are way too toxic to listen too. Hence why no raiding.

No, for games like these, I only want to play with people I know or people my friends recommended.

Because I rarely know when I'll have time to play it's hard to find anyone to play with in my friends list. They are generally already in a group with no room to join, or doing an activity I'm not good at. Pvp

Imon Yourside 03-12-2019 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 14149926)
Didn't like anthem gameplay in beta so I didn't buy the game. I don't mind random in destiny for certain things. Strikes and such. I'd never do a raid with randoms.

I also will not use a mic with randoms because some are way too toxic to listen too. Hence why no raiding.

No, for games like these, I only want to play with people I know or people my friends recommended.

Because I rarely know when I'll have time to play it's hard to find anyone to play with in my friends list. They are generally already in a group with no room to join, or doing an activity I'm not good at. Pvp

Ya the Destiny Raids are too hard and I won't use a mic either, not sure i'm going to do the 8 man raids in Division either and I avoid the Darkzone like the plague as i'm not into pvp. Division 2 looks like most of the content will be soloable.

007 03-13-2019 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 14150232)
Ya the Destiny Raids are too hard and I won't use a mic either, not sure i'm going to do the 8 man raids in Division either and I avoid the Darkzone like the plague as i'm not into pvp. Division 2 looks like most of the content will be soloable.

I found it frustrating until I started playing with a few friends. Just didn't strike me as something I would play alone at all. Thats something I love about Destiny. You can go it alone or you can team up but you can always play and never feel left behind.

Imon Yourside 03-13-2019 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 14152762)
I found it frustrating until I started playing with a few friends. Just didn't strike me as something I would play alone at all. Thats something I love about Destiny. You can go it alone or you can team up but you can always play and never feel left behind.

That's typically when I play destiny, it's pretty casual and more of a shooter than looter/rpg. It's ok in small samples but not something I grind everyday. I have a buddy I play with so that certainly helps, otherwise I might just play single player games.

007 03-13-2019 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 14152852)
That's typically when I play destiny, it's pretty casual and more of a shooter than looter/rpg. It's ok in small samples but not something I grind everyday. I have a buddy I play with so that certainly helps, otherwise I might just play single player games.

I actually started playing Destiny again this week to work on the breakneck auto rifle quest again. Damn gambit sucks to play. lol

Jerm 03-16-2019 11:56 AM

Loved the first and loving this one even more so far....the amount of stuff to do and tinker with (menus, weapons, loot, perks etc.) is extensive and thorough but hasn't felt at all cumbersome or overwhelming at any point. Also a lot of solid content esp. for a launch...

Gunplay is on point too, def. feels more challenging going solo but not frustratingly bad or anything yet.

Can't wait to get to the Dark Zones...DZ in D1 was some of my fav. MP gameplay ever and hopefully this delivers as well.

Didn't know how I'd feel about D.C. as a locale but digging it.

007 03-16-2019 12:31 PM

Hoping for a temp price drop in a couple months like other games have done. I'd like to make sure the game will have longevity before jumping in again. The original died after two months then found new life almost one year later.

hometeam 03-17-2019 02:00 AM

played for about 5 hours tonight with a couple friends, very fun. Havent played the first one but i kind of like games like this. Diablo with gunplay a little bit. If you dont already have my discord HMU and ill get you an invite we can always use more~

Imon Yourside 03-17-2019 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 14163966)
played for about 5 hours tonight with a couple friends, very fun. Havent played the first one but i kind of like games like this. Diablo with gunplay a little bit. If you dont already have my discord HMU and ill get you an invite we can always use more~

Yup this is probably the best loot shooter ever, they REALLY listened to the community from the first games shortcomings. I mean it's so packed with stuff to do it's insane they made this game in 2 years. It's almost like they listened to EVERY bitch I had about the first game and said hey lets drown this asshole in the content he wants, i'll take that :)

Jerm 03-17-2019 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 14164013)
Yup this is probably the best loot shooter ever, they REALLY listened to the community from the first games shortcomings. I mean it's so packed with stuff to do it's insane they made this game in 2 years. It's almost like they listened to EVERY bitch I had about the first game and said hey lets drown this asshole in the content he wants, i'll take that :)

It's the best GaaS game I've played at launch....the amount of content is staggering.

Hell I'm not even close to the endgame and havent really messed around in the Dark Zone yet....oh and Raids are coming.

I'm completely obsessed.

Jerm 03-19-2019 10:01 AM

One thing I really appreciate about this game that a lot of other service games so far haven't done for me is make all the loot I get, really crappy or not, feel valuable in some way.

In any other game it'd be immediate deconstruction or whatever when I get a crappy piece of loot but in D2 it's like welllll do I deconstruct this? Sell this? Do I need it for a project? Etc....

I mean I was excited to get a shitty pair of kneepads the other night because I needed it for a project lol.

Imon Yourside 03-19-2019 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 14167955)
One thing I really appreciate about this game that a lot of other service games so far haven't done for me is make all the loot I get, really crappy or not, feel valuable in some way.

In any other game it'd be immediate deconstruction or whatever when I get a crappy piece of loot but in D2 it's like welllll do I deconstruct this? Sell this? Do I need it for a project? Etc....

I mean I was excited to get a shitty pair of kneepads the other night because I needed it for a project lol.

This game is absolute proof you can drown people in loot and always feel like something cooler is just around the corner. I mean wow i'm just hoping the endgame is half as nice then it's hands down the best Loot shooter ever made.

Buddy says if you find secrets and put them together you can find improved Hunters in the open world, I can't wait for that Hunters were the shizzles in Division 1.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2s3HVv4Aea0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Funny this guys lowlights for the game are the grinding TO endgame, I'm having a blast doing that and just exploring the huge full of stuff to do map.

Chest Rockwell 03-19-2019 05:52 PM

Yeah, I'm digging it.

I liked TD1, but this is a massive improvement.

One gripe, their RNG for loot drops seems similar to TD1 as I seem to still hit patches of time where the same item drops for me like 3 or 4 times in a row with minor variations in stats. In the past couple of days I've had that happen with 2 different LMGs and a couple of backpacks.

Anyone else see that kind of thing?

Other than that, it's pretty tits.

jiveturkey 03-21-2019 09:39 AM

I'm loving this game. It's actually caused me to stop playing Destiny, which doesn't happen very often.

I can't image going back to Anthem now. This world feels so alive. I'm only level 22 and there's almost too much to do.

Gravedigger 03-21-2019 11:05 AM

These games don't really do it for me, I get to max level, tinker around for a bit, but never put the time in that they require like other people do. I did that shit for too long with World of Warcraft and I'm not doing it again. I think this game is a little worse than Anthem in my book; Anthem makes me feel cool, this game I feel cool sometimes when I take down a force of guys, but it's the same tactics over and over again, which is boring to me. I got a little more invested in the game due to a mission recently and I'm 18 right now, so I'll power through to 30, but I'm more looking forward to Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice this weekend.

007 03-21-2019 03:59 PM

Enjoying this game but only when I play with friends. Playing solo sucks.

Imon Yourside 03-22-2019 02:47 PM

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TgKeinr0xrY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Imon Yourside 04-01-2019 05:10 AM

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1pesFc6VSEw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just as an FYI, The game is great and I haven't seen most of the issues he has other than the 1 inch lips you have to hurdle over lolz. This is the best game going right now by a longshot. I do however really like this guy he doesn't pull any punches and tells it like it is to him.

Aspengc8 04-01-2019 08:05 AM

Literally the only issue i have with this game is how buggy directx 12 is.

Gravedigger 04-01-2019 10:21 AM

I got to 30, got my 30 skills, and then logged off. I'll try the endgame content at some other point, but playing Anthem and this is like essentially the same grindy experience. So I flip it to Sekiro to switch it up.

Imon Yourside 04-01-2019 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 14189392)
I got to 30, got my 30 skills, and then logged off. I'll try the endgame content at some other point, but playing Anthem and this is like essentially the same grindy experience. So I flip it to Sekiro to switch it up.

I absolutely love the gameplay in Division, I tolerated the crappy content in Division 1 just to play the shooter mechanics so the 2nd iteration is a HUGE boost with so much to do. I blame Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer for getting me hooked on 3rd person cover shooters. Oddly enough I never liked Gears of War though.

Anthem lacks a good gear system or anything to chase at this point, especially with the really shitty Legendary drop rate. I haven't seen one in a month so it's hard to stomach playing it.

hometeam 04-02-2019 05:56 AM

Quote:

Thats like getting to max level in diablo and then logging off. you have still 4 world tiers of difficulty that add wrinkles, new enemies, smarter ai, new game types, unlocks, on and on and on

TONS of shit to do.

Aspengc8 04-02-2019 07:13 AM

Quote:

You basically cracked the door open at 30. You have specializations to level through, and an entire new faction (which is no pushover btw) takes over the map. Good items don't even start showing up until world tier 4. I'm a origin premiere member and dumped about 40 hours into Anthem the first week of 'early launch'. I can't even think about playing that mess considering how well D2 is designed in both mission variety and things to do that arent bugged.

Imon Yourside 04-10-2019 03:15 PM

This is still my goto game the combat and sheer number of things to do is staggering, I'm pretty much a fanboy of Massive now and about as shocked as can be considering how much I hated them for wasted potential on Division 1.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dAoILbev4UI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Love how this guy pisses people off constantly with all his glitches.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LUdux9umRA0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Love the Challenging/Heroic Bounties even though I'm not usually a fan of the most difficult modes.

hometeam 04-10-2019 03:36 PM

You should play with us, ive got about a hundred hours since release~

Imon Yourside 04-11-2019 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 14201214)
You should play with us, ive got about a hundred hours since release~

I play overnights so not sure we play at the same time.

007 04-11-2019 03:00 AM

I wish matchmaking worked worth a damn. I can't play the game solo and when I can't get on with my clan I'm kind of screwed.

Matchmaking fails everytime I use it in one way or another.

Imon Yourside 04-11-2019 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 14201874)
I wish matchmaking worked worth a damn. I can't play the game solo and when I can't get on with my clan I'm kind of screwed.

Matchmaking fails everytime I use it in one way or another.

Looks like you play overnight, too bad you're not on PC My buddy and I always welcome help. They need cross platform play ala Fortnite. I don't seem to have any trouble with matchmaking on PC though, anytime I look for activities or call for backup people show up.

007 04-11-2019 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 14201876)
Looks like you play overnight, too bad you're not on PC My buddy and I always welcome help. They need cross platform play ala Fortnite. I don't seem to have any trouble with matchmaking on PC though, anytime I look for activities or call for backup people show up.

I call for backup and nobody comes. Then I get an invite that pulls me halfway across the map into a battle that causes me to die over and over because the others are 4 levels higher than me. They eventually all leave and I didn't accomplish anything. Its just been a complete waste of time every time.

I never have this problem when I play with my clan. Only with randoms.

I'm on PS4 but no I don't play overnight. I work overnight and have the luxury to still post on here. :D

Imon Yourside 04-11-2019 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 14201879)
I call for backup and nobody comes. Then I get an invite that pulls me halfway across the map into a battle that causes me to die over and over because the others are 4 levels higher than me. They eventually all leave and I didn't accomplish anything. Its just been a complete waste of time every time.

I never have this problem when I play with my clan. Only with randoms.

I'm on PS4 but no I don't play overnight. I work overnight and have the luxury to still post on here. :D

Ah that's nice on the work thing. So you're not in World Tier 5 yet?

Division 2 is down for maintenance right now, you should join us on Fortnite save the world it's a ton of fun and nothing like the battle royale part.

007 04-11-2019 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 14201882)
Ah that's nice on the work thing. So you're not in World Tier 5 yet?

Division 2 is down for maintenance right now, you should join us on Fortnite save the world it's a ton of fun and nothing like the battle royale part.

I'm not even to level 30 yet because of my limited play time.

Imon Yourside 04-11-2019 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 14201888)
I'm not even to level 30 yet because of my limited play time.

I wish I could help man, I put nearly 2000 hours into Division 1 despite it's flaws so this one is near perfect for me being a PVE open world player.

007 04-11-2019 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 14201889)
I wish I could help man, I put nearly 2000 hours into Division 1 despite it's flaws so this one is near perfect for me being a PVE open world player.

I just wish I could find a way to enjoy it solo. I die too much and just get frustrated with having to travel back to the death location via foot. Its a really stupid mechanic.

Imon Yourside 04-11-2019 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 14201890)
I just wish I could find a way to enjoy it solo. I die too much and just get frustrated with having to travel back to the death location via foot. Its a really stupid mechanic.

Right it is near perfect with a 2 man group but solo is challenging. I mean I can do some stuff solo but i'm not the type of player that can solo hard content. Do you have the Auto Rez Hive thing going? that works great just turn it on and as long as it's not on cooldown it will autorevive you.

007 04-11-2019 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 14201892)
Right it is near perfect with a 2 man group but solo is challenging. I mean I can do some stuff solo but i'm not the type of player that can solo hard content. Do you have the Auto Rez Hive thing going? that works great just turn it on and as long as it's not on cooldown it will autorevive you.

yep, I run that with my health drone for maximum uptime but you have to be paying attention to that cooldown or it will burn you bad. ONe thing that kind of sucks about the hive is when it auto-revives when a teammate is right next to you to revive you. Wish there was a way to block it in situations like that.

Imon Yourside 04-11-2019 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 14201893)
yep, I run that with my health drone for maximum uptime but you have to be paying attention to that cooldown or it will burn you bad.

The main 2 issues that I get killed by solo are advancing too far and not falling back or not paying attention to guys flanking me. Also I find using a turret instead of healing much better, I get enough armor kits dropping its usually not an issue.

007 04-11-2019 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 14201895)
The main 2 issues that I get killed by solo are advancing too far and not falling back or not paying attention to guys flanking me.

Flanking. Holy shit you are not kidding. The AI is too damn smart at times. I've always said this isn't really a game for a solo player because of that very thing.

Imon Yourside 04-11-2019 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 14201897)
Flanking. Holy shit you are not kidding. The AI is too damn smart at times. I've always said this isn't really a game for a solo player because of that very thing.

At least with strategy you have a chance, in Division 1 it was just bullet sponges that just said i can outlast you and rushed you and nothing you could do but die. This game I can do even the heroic content with 4 players. Division 1? forget about it I had no chance. :)

Imon Yourside 04-18-2019 03:54 PM

Massive just can't stop stepping on their own dicks, now making the Occupied Darkzone the ONLY place to drop 515 loot. This is exactly what I hated about the first game, sadly I was becoming a fanboy.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sOAA13zPPo8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

hometeam 04-18-2019 05:07 PM

my bet is that decision is reversed before they get it implemented.

Im not a fan of the dark zone, and its notr becuase 'i suck at pvp' or some such. In fact, ive mopped the hell out of people in there, and of course died myself plenty as well. The problem with PvP in D2 is.. its not good lol. The mechanics of this game just dont make for a high quality pvp experience, no matter how hard they tweak it. As it is, ive got about 130 hours in the game, really liking it, but the pvp is meh AF and locking the higher gear behind it is absolutely foolhardy.

Imon Yourside 04-18-2019 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 14213560)
my bet is that decision is reversed before they get it implemented.

Im not a fan of the dark zone, and its notr becuase 'i suck at pvp' or some such. In fact, ive mopped the hell out of people in there, and of course died myself plenty as well. The problem with PvP in D2 is.. its not good lol. The mechanics of this game just dont make for a high quality pvp experience, no matter how hard they tweak it. As it is, ive got about 130 hours in the game, really liking it, but the pvp is meh AF and locking the higher gear behind it is absolutely foolhardy.

I'm more or less just keeping an eye on the drift back to Division 1 style crapfest. You can still get your gearscore to 515 through the calibration station but I have a feeling the will be creeping along trying to force people into the gank zone. It's just not my playstyle, but i'm not worried yet just keeping an eye on it.

I'm not a pvp guy but I have friends that are and hate the DZ for the exact reasons you summed up.

007 04-18-2019 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 14214098)
I'm more or less just keeping an eye on the drift back to Division 1 style crapfest. You can still get your gearscore to 515 through the calibration station but I have a feeling the will be creeping along trying to force people into the gank zone. It's just not my playstyle, but i'm not worried yet just keeping an eye on it.

I'm not a pvp guy but I have friends that are and hate the DZ for the exact reasons you summed up.

Is the extra 15 really that big of a boost? I assume the raid content will still be plenty playable at 500.

Imon Yourside 04-18-2019 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 14214108)
Is the extra 15 really that big of a boost? I assume the raid content will still be plenty playable at 500.

Well in it's current state no, more of an epeen thing but it has potential to be that way if they fix the gearscore to actually represent your true power. This along with the recal station is why i'm not concerned right now just keeping an eye on it.

007 04-18-2019 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 14214113)
Well in it's current state no, more of an epeen thing but it has potential to be that way if they fix the gearscore to actually represent your true power. This along with the recal station is why i'm not concerned right now just keeping an eye on it.

I hit level 30 last week and only played three times since. The people I'm playing with keep giving me free shit so my power score is already in the 460s. Still just WT1.

Imon Yourside 11-19-2019 12:14 PM

Anyone still playing this? This is my go to game and probably will be for the foreseeable future. Loving Title update 6 and it's build varieties and things to chase.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Z24P4Gc5Kqw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7m_4TxeZ_mw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0rUwvIJtU08" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/J8qPC0tOlfI?start=29" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>