ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs defense is the laughing stock of league (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=326657)

493rd 11-11-2019 05:26 PM

Chiefs defense is the laughing stock of league

They just spent 5min on ESPN highlighting how terrible we are....

31st against the run giving up 148yds per game
30th against the run allowing almost 5.2yds per carry

What they said was absolutely correct too; we won’t beat anyone in the playoffs in this current state.

DEJA ****ing VU fo the past decade.

Jerm 11-11-2019 05:27 PM

6 going on 7 years in and the defense still isn't fixed....ridiculous.

TLO 11-11-2019 05:27 PM

Think u for this brand new information!

R8RFAN 11-11-2019 05:29 PM

It's usually 1 way or the other in the NFL

You can have a good O and no D
or
You can have a good D and can't score

493rd 11-11-2019 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8RFAN (Post 14590461)

or

Unless you’re NE

stevieray 11-11-2019 05:30 PM

It's been twenty years since they were dominant.

Nobody seems to care...:shrug:

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11-11-2019 05:30 PM

31st in run defense!! However there is no possible way we can be 32. We allow 148.1 a game. The number 32 the Bengals allow 177 a game

ptlyon 11-11-2019 05:32 PM

Bitch bitch bitch

comochiefsfan 11-11-2019 05:32 PM

I think it was Dan Orlovsky today that said that we are allowing an average of 90 rushing yards per game....IN THE SECOND HALF ALONE this year.

If it holds up, it would be the worst mark in that category in the last 25 years.

Let that sink in for a second. Worst second half run defense in a quarter century.

For a franchise that supposedly spent all offseason trying to fix the defense, that is just hilariously pathetic. Like all you can do at this point is laugh. What a ****ing joke.

Chief Northman 11-11-2019 05:34 PM

Over half the defensive personnel turned over.
Entire defensive coaching staff save for one dismissed.
Different scheme installed.

Nothing changes.

Looking at you Andy.....

Hog's Gone Fishin 11-11-2019 05:35 PM

But we're #8 in pass defense and we have the MVP and the next SB MVP.

493rd 11-11-2019 05:36 PM

I don’t think anyone was overly optimistic when Reid chose Steve Spagnuolo for DC. Buddy hire and Spags sucks.

493rd 11-11-2019 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 14590475)
But we're #8 in pass defense and we have the MVP and the next SB MVP.

We’re 8th because teams can run right down the field on us which is unbelievable shitty.

comochiefsfan 11-11-2019 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 493rd (Post 14590477)
I don’t think anyone was overly optimistic when Reid chose Steve Spagnuolo for DC. Buddy hire and Spags sucks.

If Spagnuolo was the answer, then why was he unemployed last year?

TEX 11-11-2019 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 493rd (Post 14590451)

What they said was absolutely correct too; we won’t beat anyone in the playoffs in this current state.

Nothing new. :shrug:

IMO, most of the issues are with the LB's.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11-11-2019 05:41 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#chiefs</a> D not in sync with LB flow as it relates to Safety position. In 8 man fronts, the LBers gaps are away from the safety (so you have four defenders in each gap on either side on the defense). Fast flow away $ ... Slow flow to $. Communication? Not good.</p>&mdash; Paul Alexander (@CoachPaulAlex) <a href="https://twitter.com/CoachPaulAlex/status/1194033699383324674?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 11, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Valiant 11-11-2019 05:45 PM

Been saying awhile we are soft. It is Andy m.o. probably half the injuries are from other teams stuffing their shit in.

OKchiefs 11-11-2019 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8RFAN (Post 14590461)

or

**** you

R8RFAN 11-11-2019 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 493rd (Post 14590463)
Unless you’re NE

:thumb::thumb:

kcclone 11-11-2019 05:53 PM

It’s safe to say nothing will change while Andy is here. He won’t get it done

IowaHawkeyeChief 11-11-2019 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 14590486)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#chiefs</a> D not in sync with LB flow as it relates to Safety position. In 8 man fronts, the LBers gaps are away from the safety (so you have four defenders in each gap on either side on the defense). Fast flow away $ ... Slow flow to $. Communication? Not good.</p>&mdash; Paul Alexander (@CoachPaulAlex) <a href="https://twitter.com/CoachPaulAlex/status/1194033699383324674?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 11, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This is spot on, If you watch the long run Raglund and Hitchen are hip to hip over the top instead of Raglund, the play's backside linebacker filling the cut back lane.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11-11-2019 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 14590509)
This is spot on, If you watch the long run Raglund and Hitchen are hip to hip over the top instead of Raglund, the play's backside linebacker filling the cut back lane.

I originally thought Jones messed this up but he was playing the backside DE. He did both wrong there. Ragland good god it’s like he tried to get washed up on that play

MahiMike 11-11-2019 06:16 PM

Defense? We don't need no stinkin defense!

Hammock Parties 11-11-2019 06:20 PM

We took three steps forward and one step back.

Hope we can take another one forward this week.

IowaHawkeyeChief 11-11-2019 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 14590519)
I originally thought Jones messed this up but he was playing the backside DE. He did both wrong there. Ragland good god it’s like he tried to get washed up on that play

He actually is playing Hitchens gap, way over pursues and is actually almost hip to hip with Hitchens much of the play, he should scrape through the cutback lane under the wash and he would have had a few TFLs or at least short gains...

ThyKingdomCome15 11-11-2019 06:23 PM

Little unfair. Three out of the last four games this D played well. No excuses for the Henry breakout though.

Buckweath 11-11-2019 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 14590541)
He actually is playing Hitchens gap, way over pursues and is actually almost hip to hip with Hitchens much of the play, he should scrape through the cutback lane under the wash and he would have had a few TFLs or at least short gains...

Yeah Ragland shows the agressiveness on that play but he is not smart at all.

smithandrew051 11-11-2019 06:30 PM

Blame starts with Reid. He’s the Head Coach, not the Offensive Coordinator.

2 of the 3 phases of the game were atrocious again this week. Starts at the top.

Also, maybe the Ogbah injury is good for the defense. Maybe this will force us to roll with Nnadi and Saunders inside. Maybe Jones becomes a DE first.

Buckweath 11-11-2019 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 (Post 14590549)
Little unfair. Three out of the last four games this D played well. No excuses for the Henry breakout though.

No excuses for being trucked by Tannehill either.

The way Fenton tried to tackle Tannehill made me want to vomit. That was disgusting and soft as there is.

SuperBowl4 11-11-2019 06:32 PM

Bring back Gunther Cunningham! NOW!

Red Dawg 11-11-2019 06:35 PM

When they get tired of being made fun they will play with more anger. When Andy gets tired of it he will design a game plan that helps them. All he does is wing it everywhere with no regard to the defense. If we had a good defense he could do that but we don't. We have bunch of cast off bums at LB for certain and no depth.

Red Dawg 11-11-2019 06:37 PM

We are now the Packers of old. Rogers wins the game or they lose. No ground attack and defense is just crap. They didn't change until Like left and we may be the same. As long as Andy has Mahomes he won't change.

chiefzilla1501 11-11-2019 06:39 PM

I don't understand why we aren't looking at guys like Zach brown or Brandon Marshall. Worst case, quality depth for probably not a lot of $.

old_geezer 11-11-2019 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 14590466)
31st in run defense!! However there is no possible way we can be 32. We allow 148.1 a game. The number 32 the Bengals allow 177 a game

Chief's Defense: "Here, hold our beers".

Red Dawg 11-11-2019 06:42 PM

I don't understand how they can go so many years without caring about having a stud LB to run the defense. O also don't get how Andy can't have the brains to adjust his offense to help the defense. It's literally stupid not to.

jerryaldini 11-11-2019 06:53 PM

Yeah the old guys love to talk how important the ****ing running game is. Yada yada yada. Time of possession yada yada.

Titty Meat 11-11-2019 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 14590464)
It's been twenty years since they were dominant.

Nobody seems to care...:shrug:

They were a top 10 defense for 2 or 3 years under Sutton.

ThyKingdomCome15 11-11-2019 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 14590585)
I don't understand how they can go so many years without caring about having a stud LB to run the defense. O also don't get how Andy can't have the brains to adjust his offense to help the defense. It's literally stupid not to.

Suppose to be Hitchens.

JakeF 11-11-2019 07:05 PM

It's hard to have a good defense when your entire team is soft. The most important things about defense are toughness, focus, aggression. You can make up for a lot of problems by just knocking the crap out of people.

Our team is tissue paper soft because our Head Coach is soft. I don't know how we are ever going to field a good defense with Andy hugging and kissing everyone.

ILChief 11-11-2019 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 14590614)
It's hard to have a good defense when your entire team is soft. The most important things about defense are toughness, focus, aggression. You can make up for a lot of problems by just knocking the crap out of people.

Our team is tissue paper soft because our Head Coach is soft. I don't know how we are ever going to field a good defense with Andy hugging and kissing everyone.

I wanted Gregg Williams for DC. That MFer is mean

JakeF 11-11-2019 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 (Post 14590599)
Suppose to be Hitchens.

Hitchens was good in Dallas, he transformed into crap when he came to KC.

When players are bad on your team but good elsewhere, it's usually a sign of bad coaching or bad team chemistry.

I really don't like how Thornhill is playing soft and lazy. It makes me think that Mathieu is a bad example.

comochiefsfan 11-11-2019 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 14590630)
Hitchens was good in Dallas, he transformed into crap when he came to KC.

When players are bad on your team but good elsewhere, it's usually a sign of bad coaching or bad team chemistry.

I really don't like how Thornhill is playing soft and lazy. It makes me think that Mathieu is a bad example.

Mathieu is too busy fighting people on twitter to be a good mentor to Thornhill.

Yet ANOTHER Brett Veach bust.

JakeF 11-11-2019 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 14590621)
I wanted Gregg Williams for DC. That MFer is mean

Me too but he won't come here because his family lives nearby. :(

JohnnyHammersticks 11-11-2019 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 14590486)

Bring him in for a look?

NWTF 11-11-2019 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comochiefsfan (Post 14590471)
I think it was Dan Orlovsky today that said that we are allowing an average of 90 rushing yards per game....IN THE SECOND HALF ALONE this year.

If it holds up, it would be the worst mark in that category in the last 25 years.

Let that sink in for a second. Worst second half run defense in a quarter century.

For a franchise that supposedly spent all offseason trying to fix the defense, that is just hilariously pathetic. Like all you can do at this point is laugh. What a ****ing joke.

This is pretty bad. Rushing yards allowed is an underrated stat. People forget how a team can take control of game by being able to run the football late in the game. Its the simplest way to close out games, if you can do it. 90 rushing yards allowed in the 2nd half alone is a lot considering how many possessions you may have.

A team allowing 90 rushing yards in the 2nd half of games Id expect to be under .500. The Chiefs are not, but this is a horrible thing to be this bad at. The Chiefs have to take that step of once you get up early you got to step on the throat of teams, which they seldom do. They are vulnerable to more teams than they should be because of this.

DRM08 11-11-2019 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 14590578)
We are now the Packers of old. Rogers wins the game or they lose. No ground attack and defense is just crap. They didn't change until Like left and we may be the same. As long as Andy has Mahomes he won't change.

At least the Packers got a ring before it became clear that the coach/GM were not surrounding Rodgers with a proper roster. Chiefs are a long, long way from championship level defense, special teams, and discipline in general.

PAChiefsGuy 11-11-2019 07:17 PM

Quote:

From what I understand Andy is pretty hands off when it comes to the D. He basically lets the GM and DC do their thing. He will give input here and there but nothing crazy. Reid does like DCs who like to blitz though.

Our D sucks because the players aren't good. It's not scheme. GM is doing a shit job of getting talent for our D. CBs are bad, LBs are bad, Dline is average, Safeties are good but nothing spectacular. There is no way any DC can fix that.

In order to stop the run consistently, our dline and LBs have to win their one-on-one battles. There is no way around it and right now our players are not doing it.

KranzDictum 11-11-2019 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 493rd (Post 14590451)

I saw that.

So much for the 4-3 being the answer to all your run problems.

RunKC 11-11-2019 07:24 PM

Quote:

Andy had some great defenses in Philly under Jimmy Johnson and that was when he had his most success.

It’s basically all on Spags. I’ve seen improvement this season, but we knew this defense would take more than a year to fix in a new system.

If anything has hurt this team, it’s injuries.

Randallflagg 11-11-2019 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperBowl4 (Post 14590566)
Bring back Gunther Cunningham! NOW!

If only.......couldn't be any worse than it is now.

chiefzilla1501 11-11-2019 07:26 PM

There's also a little bit of the schedule being a kick in the dick. Our Achilles heel is run defense. Wouldn't you know it, 7 of 10 games have been against top 15 run offenses. ZERO games vs bottom 10 run offenses. Wouldn't you know it, the only 3 non top 15 run offenses (green bay, Detroit, Denver) our defense looked at least semi competent.

It's not an excuse. But it's an explanation. I think we're one of several nfl teams who thought we should build D around speed and many offenses exploited that by building power run offenses.

stevieray 11-11-2019 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14590597)

Stop dude. I don't care about bs rankings.

It didn't produce squat in the playoffs.

TEX 11-11-2019 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KranzDictum (Post 14590653)
I saw that.

So much for the 4-3 being the answer to all your run problems.

Yet it had no problem stuffing the run against your shit team. LMAO

KranzDictum 11-11-2019 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 14590685)
Yet it had no problem stuffing the run against your shit team. LMAO

Broncos beat the Titans 16-0 with Flaccid as the QB.

Same team that put 35 up on you.

At least you have Darron Lee to bring in off the bench to help cover TE's in the WC game if you get there. Your lucky the AFC West is so bad this year or there would be no WC home game this year.

TrebMaxx 11-11-2019 07:35 PM

To me it just feels like the lines (both D and O) are soft and it spreads to the rest of the team. This team played soft late in the game last weekend and had errors in ST's. Who knows what will happen the rest of the season but I think Veach needs to build from the core out.

TEX 11-11-2019 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KranzDictum (Post 14590690)
Broncos beat the Titans 16-0 with Flaccid as the QB.

Same team that put 35 up on you.

At least you have Darron Lee to bring in off the bench to help cover TE's in the WC game if you get there. Your lucky the AFC West is so bad this year or there would be no WC home game this year.

Chiefs beat Donk 30 - 6 without Mahomes. The end.
Go to bed Bronco Steven, maybe with a good night's sleep you'll wake up a little less reeruned tomorrow morning.

Megatron96 11-11-2019 07:40 PM

Wrong narrative. Chiefs D gave up a lot of yards, but only allowed four Titans possessions to score points, the other six Titans possession were either punts or TOs. Forced a fumble which they recovered on the first Titans possession. Forced a turn-over on downs on their second-to-last possession.

Chiefs offense scored on 7 of 11 possessions. But only three for TDs. If the Chiefs offense scores just one more TD, we aren't having this conversation. And last year, the offense would've scored 5 TDs and kicked only 3 FGs.

We never expected the Chiefs D to be dominant this year, just top 18 or so. At least if we were realistic about it.

You want to lay blame, then Pat gets some for completely over-throwing Hill for an easy TD in the first half. And in the second half, though that throw had a higher level of difficulty.

JakeF 11-11-2019 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14590670)
Andy had some great defenses in Philly under Jimmy Johnson and that was when he had his most success.

It’s basically all on Spags. I’ve seen improvement this season, but we knew this defense would take more than a year to fix in a new system.

If anything has hurt this team, it’s injuries.

I just figured that a younger Andy wasn't as soft. He's had plenty of family issues that might lead him to be more concerned with family and friends, instead of money and winning.

Red Dawg 11-11-2019 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 14590676)
There's also a little bit of the schedule being a kick in the dick. Our Achilles heel is run defense. Wouldn't you know it, 7 of 10 games have been against top 15 run offenses. ZERO games vs bottom 10 run offenses. Wouldn't you know it, the only 3 non top 15 run offenses (green bay, Detroit, Denver) our defense looked at least semi competent.

It's not an excuse. But it's an explanation. I think we're one of several nfl teams who thought we should build D around speed and many offenses exploited that by building power run offenses.

Wrong. Houston, Indy, Titans and Lions are not great ground teams and they each went in dry on us on the ground
Our LBs are shit. That's our biggest problem on defense. We have nothing there at all

JakeF 11-11-2019 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrebMaxx (Post 14590696)
To me it just feels like the lines (both D and O) are soft and it spreads to the rest of the team. This team played soft late in the game last weekend and had errors in ST's. Who knows what will happen the rest of the season but I think Veach needs to build from the core out.

Being soft shows up in the trenches more and that's where we look weakest. I just don't think that's a coincidence.

Tackling is about commitment and attitude more than talent. Our tackling is complete shit. Our guys look like they don't want to get hurt when they are tackling someone.

Jimmya 11-11-2019 07:58 PM

Somebody already said it... But the Spags hire was a "buddy" hire...

493rd 11-11-2019 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14590708)
Wrong narrative. Chiefs D gave up a lot of yards, but only allowed four Titans possessions to score points, the other six Titans possession were either punts or TOs. Forced a fumble which they recovered on the first Titans possession. Forced a turn-over on downs on their second-to-last possession.

Chiefs offense scored on 8 of 11 possessions. But only three for TDs. If the Chiefs offense scores just one more TD, we aren't having this conversation. And last year, the offense would've scored 5 TDs and kicked only 3 FGs.

We never expected the Chiefs D to be dominant this year, just top 18 or so. At least if we were realistic about it.

You want to lay blame, then Pat gets some for completely over-throwing Hill for an easy TD in the first half. And in the second half, though that throw had a higher level of difficulty.

Dude, I refuse to lay any blame on Patrick Mahomes because this team has averaged 31 points per game in all of his losses. What does that say? The DEFENSE is terrible and can’t really stop anyone consistently. You can say it’s the wrong narrative or whatever else, but you aren’t winning many games in the NFL when giving up 150 rushing yards per game at over 5yds a clip.

TEX 11-11-2019 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 14590737)
Wrong. Houston, Indy, Titans and Lions are not great ground teams and they each went in dry on us on the ground
Our LBs are shit. That's our biggest problem on defense. We have nothing there at all

Ding....Ding...Ding!
Been saying the same thing since TC. Way back in the "Biggest Weakness" thread.Thought they were one of the worst units in the league.

xztop123 11-11-2019 08:06 PM

Pennel almost single handily shores up the middle of the d.

I’m flabbergasted he wasn’t playing. I have no explanation

xztop123 11-11-2019 08:08 PM

I really did like veach up until recently. Not grabbing the linebacker philly cut was inexcusable. It was a no downside no risk move that he didn’t make.

TEX 11-11-2019 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 493rd (Post 14590763)
Dude, I refuse to lay any blame on Patrick Mahomes because this team has averaged 31 points per game in all of his losses. What does that say? The DEFENSE is terrible and can’t really stop anyone consistently. You can say it’s the wrong narrative or whatever else, but you aren’t winning many games in the NFL when giving up 150 rushing yards per game at over 5yds a clip.

Exactly! The D is TOTAL SHIT. I laugh at all these "smart guys" with some stupid as **** "hot take" who want to blame the offense. They try so hard to be smart and identify something other than the ****ing obvious. Idiots.

chiefzilla1501 11-11-2019 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 493rd (Post 14590763)

Don't think anyone is. Would be absurd to. However, it would be one thing if we flat out lost drives. We beat ourselves. As outstanding as our offense played we still left points on the table.

To some extent I'm glad that happened so our defense doesn't develop a mentality that our offense will keep bailing out defense out. But this offense at full strength and without really stupid mistakes would have won this game despite our complete defense and special teams incompetence.

TEX 11-11-2019 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xztop123 (Post 14590773)
Pennel almost single handily shores up the middle of the d.

I’m flabbergasted he wasn’t playing. I have no explanation

They thought Tannehill & Co were gonna throw b/c they averaged 23 points a game since he was named the starter. Dumbasses.

gold_and_red 11-11-2019 08:13 PM

When Spagnuolo was hired didn't he say something to the effect of we have the MVP, great offense, so the D has to be just good enough? I fear that lax attitude is trickling down and always in the back of their minds.
I am even willing to bet that the buddy hire conversation between Reid and Spagnuolo went something like "Hey Spags I have this generational kid who will do my offensive bidding, just oversee the D so that I can focus on the best looking 3rd and 2 TE screens".

Titty Meat 11-11-2019 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 14590680)
Stop dude. I don't care about bs rankings.

It didn't produce squat in the playoffs.

The 2014 defense didnt make the playoffs because the offense didnt have 1 single TD reception. Houston tied the record for sacks and they didnt allow 1 300 yard passer all year. That's pretty damn good.

xztop123 11-11-2019 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14590708)

Chiefs offense scored on 8 of 11 possessions. But only three for TDs. If the Chiefs offense scores just one more TD, we aren't having this conversation. And last year, the offense would've scored 5 TDs and kicked only 3 FGs.

I agree with this. The offense and team in general are heavily dependent on pat nailing those shots. It’s not that we necessarily HAVE to be like that (we did good with a ball control style) it’s just that we’re letting mahomes be the hero so he needs to also deliver. I have no doubts this team would be in a similar position if we were playing a different type of tempo offense.

Also the left tackle is ****ing everything up. Once fisher gets back this team changes completely.

Fisher and PENNELL need to be in the ****ing game desperately.

Titty Meat 11-11-2019 08:13 PM

Btw that 14 defense did that without DJ and Berry for most of the year.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-11-2019 08:14 PM

Quote:

Sutton's shitty, soft "numbers" defenses should never be held up as a positive. Ever.
That guy ****ing sucked worse than Reid and isn't even worthy of holding the piss bucket for Marty, Cowher, and Stram to piss in.
THOSE guys knew how to build a defense that ate souls for shits and giggles.

TEX 11-11-2019 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14590788)
The 2014 defense didnt make the playoffs because the offense didnt have 1 single TD reception. Houston tied the record for sacks and they didnt allow 1 300 yard passer all year. That's pretty damn good.

To a WR...

BigRedChief 11-11-2019 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmya (Post 14590761)
Somebody already said it... But the Spags hire was a "buddy" hire...

welllll duh.... LMAO

Reid has earned the right to have coaches on his staff he is comfortable working with.

Titty Meat 11-11-2019 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14590792)
Sutton's shitty, soft "numbers" defenses should never be held up as a positive. Ever.
That guy ****ing sucked worse than Reid and isn't even worthy of holding the piss bucket for Marty, Cowher, and Stram to piss in.
THOSE guys knew how to build a defense that ate souls for shits and giggles.

That soft defense hel Brady to what? 10 points? And seattle to 20. 2 super bowl teams. This defense could only dream of doing that.

Yall dont want to admit Sutton had some good defenses because your boomers and want to pretend only good things happened 20 years ago.

TEX 11-11-2019 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14590791)
Btw that 14 defense did that without DJ and Berry for most of the year.

Is that the same defense responsible for the 2nd largest playoff collapse in NFL history? Or did that happen to another one of Sutton's top defenses? I cant remember, its all a blur of suck...

Titty Meat 11-11-2019 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 14590805)
Is that the same defense responsible for the 2nd largest playoff collapse in NFL history? Or did that happen to another one of Sutton's top defenses? I cant remember, its all a blur of suck...

That was the year before and that defense had just about everyone get injured.

TEX 11-11-2019 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14590801)
That soft defense hel Brady to what? 10 points? And seattle to 20. 2 super bowl teams. This defense could only dream of doing that.

Yall dont want to admit Sutton had some good defenses because your boomers and want to pretend only good things happened 20 years ago.

Just stop being a dumbass. Oh wait, you cant cuz you're a millennial...

Pay attention to how to spell "you're." You just may learn something. ;)

Chiefshrink 11-11-2019 08:27 PM

Quote:

:rolleyes: Paper Tiger defense because we had easier schedules. Once we started winning consistently having to play tougher teams that went away.