ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Joe Buck: Fox planning to pump in crowd noise, digitize fans for NFL broadcasts (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=331294)

BigRedChief 05-13-2020 08:22 PM

Joe Buck: Fox planning to pump in crowd noise, digitize fans for NFL broadcasts

Speaking with Sirius XM’s Andy Cohen, Buck said that plans are already in place for the network’s anticipated NFL broadcasts. Fox is planning to do its best to simulate a normal atmosphere by pumping in crowd noise and placing digital fans in the stands of empty NFL stadiums.

“It’s pretty much a done deal,” Buck said, per SBJ’s John Ourand. “I think whoever is going to be at that control is going to have to be really good at their job and be realistic with how a crowd would react depending on what just happened on the field.”

The rest here:

https://sports.yahoo.com/joe-buck-fo...010459595.html

Baby Lee 05-13-2020 08:24 PM

Raiders get a laugh track . . .

tyecopeland 05-13-2020 08:27 PM

Will it be loud enough to drown out joe buck?

PAChiefsGuy 05-13-2020 08:27 PM

So it's going to be like Madden?

Frazod 05-13-2020 08:28 PM

Well, they'll need to do that for the LA home games anyway, so I guess this gives them a good excuse to try the technology.

If Ridley Scott can pack the Coliseum, anything is possible.

displacedinMN 05-13-2020 08:30 PM

could they do the same thing in stadiums???

Titty Meat 05-13-2020 08:34 PM

Might not be a bad idea atleast watching UFC the fighters can hear the commentators.

I dont care about that with NFL I mean the announcers arent as close but other teams could be able to steal calls if theres no crowd noise.

FloridaMan88 05-13-2020 08:36 PM

Non-major bowl games, Tampa Rays/Miami Marlins home games... games with minimal/no fans already take place on a regular basis in certain settings.

CarlosCarson27 05-13-2020 08:39 PM

Go to ****ing hell with this shit. Go to a ****ing game. You won't die sitting next to someone.

rabblerouser 05-13-2020 08:41 PM

Jesus wept, as if it weren't enough of a "made-for-TV production"...

cabletech94 05-13-2020 08:45 PM

oh by the way: **** JOE BUCK!

DaneMcCloud 05-13-2020 08:47 PM

I never, ever watch a Chiefs game with the sound on, so it won't make any difference to me but I can understand why Fox will use crowd noise during their broadcasts.

I'll be surprised if CBS, ESPN and NBC don't follow suit.

Hammock Parties 05-13-2020 08:47 PM

we may never know what is real ever again

Coach 05-13-2020 08:57 PM

I'd be content with no noise at all and no announcers mucking it up. Just pure football.

Chief Roundup 05-13-2020 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14970158)
Might not be a bad idea atleast watching UFC the fighters can hear the commentators.

I dont care about that with NFL I mean the announcers arent as close but other teams could be able to steal calls if theres no crowd noise.

It won't be pumped into the stadium as that would be done by the home teams crew. What they are referring to will be done by the Fox studio and added to the TV stream.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Deberg_1990 05-13-2020 09:06 PM

Has cheese potential.

Like something you would see on TNT All Elite Wrestling

Ubeja Vontell 05-13-2020 09:12 PM

Schools in the NAIA play football in front of a few 1000 people as do most high schools. The NFL could get 20,000 in these 60,000 seat stadiums and with some creativity make it work.

The College of Idaho currently ranks third in the nation among NAIA teams for football attendance in 2019.

Just over 4,000 fans showed up for the Yotes season opener a 48-12 win over Eastern Oregon. Following a win at Montana Tech the 15th ranked Coyotes are 2-0 and hosting Southern Oregon Saturday at 1 p.m. in a game of Top 25 teams.

That being said the College of Idaho is trying to break a stadium attendance record set back in 2014 of 5,356 for the return of football to Caldwell and the C.of I. campus.

Read More: C.of I. Looking to Break Football Attendance Record | https://1055thefan.com/c-of-i-lookin...edium=referral

10,000 in a 60,000 seat stadium, yep, would work.

TribalElder 05-13-2020 09:59 PM

can I get just the crowd noise and no joe buck or other dipshit talkers

CarlosCarson27 05-13-2020 10:19 PM

Just saying- Chiefs, Ravens right now. Nfl network

Easy 6 05-13-2020 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 14970138)

If it all comes down to piped in phony noise just call it all off, it’s better than empty stadiums and even more fake BS

It’ll be nearly unwatchable, Bryan Adams was right... **** you, China

BWillie 05-13-2020 10:45 PM

Sell virtual reality tickets...

carcosa 05-14-2020 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlosCarson88 (Post 14970165)
Go to ****ing hell with this shit. Go to a ****ing game. You won't die sitting next to someone.

Noted epidemiologist CarlosCarson88

OrtonsPiercedTaint 05-14-2020 04:08 AM

Everything from Fox is fake

DJJasonp 05-14-2020 06:25 AM

I cant recall right now, but I know I've watched a sports broadcast in the past where I was certain some recorded fan noise was being mixed into the broadcast.

Cant remember the sport/event at this time, but I remember it sounding extremely weird.

Maybe it was the surround channel in my sound system, but I do remember it seeming to be out of place/odd......

Whatever. It's still better than what we have now.

FringeNC 05-14-2020 07:11 AM

Without crowd noise it will same "fake". With fake crowd noise it will seem real.

A no-brainer to do this.

BigRedChief 05-14-2020 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 14970500)
Without crowd noise it will same "fake". With fake crowd noise it will seem real.

A no-brainer to do this.

The tech is there to digitize the crowd. Take past crowd noise in the stadium and apply it over the broadcast.

I'm sure it will be weird at first. But, no noise will probably even be weirder.

Wonder if they will pump the same noise into the stadium that's going out over the broadcast?

Also another question for me is how will they do it fairly? The Chargers noise in their stadium is different from Arrowhead etc.

DeepPurple 05-14-2020 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 14970151)
could they do the same thing in stadiums???

The Falcons already tried and got caught. Georgia is a college state. They lost their hockey team twice, Flames and Thrashers.

https://www.nfl.com/news/atlanta-fal...p3000000482500

scho63 05-14-2020 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 14970138)

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Kinda like the theme to Benny Hill!

I don't see the NFL playing WITHOUT fans. I think they are just prepping for worst case scenario but everyone is opening back up with few exceptions so I think NFL will be a go.

oldman 05-14-2020 09:36 AM

Why would the TV viewer want either fake crowd noise or a digitized crowd? I don't watch football for anything else besides the action on the field. It's not going to make us forget the pandemic that keeps the stands empty.

Great Expectations 05-14-2020 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 14970201)
I'd be content with no noise at all and no announcers mucking it up. Just pure football.

This would be cool if they’d mic up the field so you could hear all the calls at the los.

Kiimo 05-14-2020 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlosCarson88 (Post 14970165)

This site needs a hepa filter to prevent your ideas from infecting others

Talisman 05-14-2020 10:53 AM

Found a pic of the crowd soundboard Fox will use during Chiefs games:
https://i.imgur.com/gcKCsIH.png

Bill Brasky 05-14-2020 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 14970734)
This would be cool if they’d mic up the field so you could hear all the calls at the los.

This is an incredible idea. There's big potential for mic'ed up games this year.

Chiefs Party 05-14-2020 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyecopeland (Post 14970144)

This! :LOL: He really does suck.

Stargazer 05-14-2020 11:31 AM

Whatever they need to do I guess. I liked things better before the world ended. Bummer.

mililo4cpa 05-14-2020 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyecopeland (Post 14970144)

This.....

every time I watch the replay of the Super Bowl, I cringe. His call on the Damien Williams TD run to clinch the game is absolutely horrid.....

ReynardMuldrake 05-14-2020 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepPurple (Post 14970539)
The Falcons already tried and got caught. Georgia is a college state. They lost their hockey team twice, Flames and Thrashers.

https://www.nfl.com/news/atlanta-fal...p3000000482500

Didn't the Colts get caught doing the same thing?

Strongside 05-14-2020 11:53 AM

If NFL teams are smart, they'll install screens with speakers and cameras on them at every seat. They'll then sell each seat to individuals who can watch the game live from their "seat" via a unique stream. Their voices will be heard in the stadium so they can provide crowd noise or tell Derek Carr he's a bitch.

CarlosCarson27 05-14-2020 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 14970805)
This site needs a hepa filter to prevent your ideas from infecting others

And yet hardly anyone knows anyone catching anything.

Point blank = there's nothing out there to worry about. No cv cloud is over your head.

This is affecting not even one percent of the population.

Just a bunch of dumb Americans obeying daddy govt. Because they can't think for themselves. A bunch of moronic chicken littles. Resdy to be culled.

Little babies/slaves, waiting for govt to give you permission to live .instead of being men and telling govt to shove it. They only have as much power as you choose to give them.

Kiimo 05-14-2020 12:04 PM

yeah your post is so idiotic it doesn't even merit a response and also I not only know people with Covid 19 I knew people who have died from it.

You incredible moron.

BlackOp 05-14-2020 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 14971032)
yeah your post is so idiotic it doesn't even merit a response and also I not only know people with Covid 19 I knew people who have died from it.

You incredible moron.

Do you know anyone who has died from the flu...there are 60,000 families every year that have....didn't seem to scare people away from living their lives...until the media told them to.

This is such an over-reaction by the NFL...considering over 50% of deaths stem from nursing homes...are they worried fans will start bringing their 80 year old compromised grandma to the games?

Demonpenz 05-14-2020 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 14971013)
If NFL teams are smart, they'll install screens with speakers and cameras on them at every seat. They'll then sell each seat to individuals who can watch the game live from their "seat" via a unique stream. Their voices will be heard in the stadium so they can provide crowd noise or tell Derek Carr he's a bitch.

Occulus vr

swifty32661 05-14-2020 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlosCarson88 (Post 14971024)

Point blank = there's nothing out there to worry about. No cv cloud is over your head.

Just a bunch of dumb Americans obeying daddy govt. Because they can't think for themselves. A bunch of moronic chicken littles. Resdy to be culled.

Little babies/slaves, waiting for govt to give you permission to live .instead of being men and telling govt to shove it. They only have as much power as you choose to give them.

Funny how so many people are so eager and willing to bend their knees to authority and not think for themselves. Thanks for posting this.

Kiimo 05-14-2020 12:30 PM

The cavalcade of idiots from DC is leaking

cabletech94 05-14-2020 12:45 PM

This got me thinking. Perfect example of this is the home run derby hosted by the royals a few years ago. I was there, it was epic, blah blah blah. I recorded it as well, just wanting to see it later.
When Robinson Canó was up, the crowd noise was amazingly deafening. Everyone in the stand chanting ‘billy butler’. You couldn’t hear anything at all. It was amazing. Got home to watch it, you could not hear any of the chants. Coincidentally the espn broadcast did not say anything about the chant. It was somehow buffered out, I don’t know how to call it.
Point being, they’ve had the capability to mess with the sound forever. And it’s always happening in some way.

To add to the story: **** JOE BUCK!!!

DaneMcCloud 05-14-2020 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cabletech94 (Post 14971083)
Point being, they’ve had the capability to mess with the sound forever. And it’s always happening in some way.

The mix engineer(s) in the truck simply muted the crowd mics.

FloridaMan88 05-14-2020 01:00 PM

The more interesting thing will be how the point spreads react to empty stadiums.

Does the average home field advantage of about -3.5 points for the home team change with no pro-home team crowd noise?

Kiimo 05-14-2020 01:05 PM

The LA guys who work in entertainment can tell you about Sweeteners. The editors who work on TV shows and the Oscars and things sweeten the laughs and the applause to make it sound like the studio audience belly laughs at dumb jokes and enthusiastically applauds when some celebrity makes a half-thought emotional plea to end hunger in Santa Monica or whatever.

I agree that I'd rather have just football sounds. And muting Joe Buck.

CarlosCarson27 05-14-2020 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 14971098)
The LA guys who work in entertainment can tell you about Sweeteners. The editors who work on TV shows and the Oscars and things sweeten the laughs and the applause to make it sound like the studio audience belly laughs at dumb jokes and enthusiastically applauds when some celebrity makes a half-thought emotional plea to end hunger in Santa Monica or whatever.

Examples of virtual fakery that's been going on for years.

Yet people still have no clue thst their reality has been molded and enhanced in so many ways

Rain Man 05-14-2020 02:01 PM

The patriots will have a head start in producing fake crowd noise.

DaneMcCloud 05-14-2020 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 14971098)

I did a surround sound mix back in 2012 for an awards show that was broadcast on a big cable network. 99% of the audience responses were canned and every one of the "Live" singers needed to have their vocals pitch corrected using Melodyne.

It was a big job and something I'm really not into but yes, so much of what we see and hear on TV has been altered, live or not.

cripple creek 05-14-2020 03:13 PM

too bad holographic technology isn't yet where it would need to be to pull off a packed stadium. it'll have to have some effect on the players playing to no crowd.

BleedingRed 05-14-2020 03:15 PM

Based off some of the graphics ive seen from ESPN

https://i.imgur.com/pngw7.jpg

BigRedChief 05-14-2020 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 14971064)
The cavalcade of idiots from DC is leaking

Why bring politics into everything? I thought mods kept this shit out of the lounge.

We are talking about pumped in crowd noise and digitized crowds. No politics are involved.

Kiimo 05-14-2020 03:46 PM

It's a pretty tense time.

JohnnyHammersticks 05-14-2020 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlosCarson88 (Post 14971024)

30% of the country would line up to have the WHO stick needles in their arms and microchips up their asses in a New York minute rather than - God forbid - face the social pressure of thinking for themselves and not conforming.

Rain Man 05-14-2020 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cripple creek (Post 14971317)
too bad holographic technology isn't yet where it would need to be to pull off a packed stadium. it'll have to have some effect on the players playing to no crowd.

If they could do that, it should totally look like the Star Wars cantina. Don't just make it people. I want aliens and lions and Jessica Rabbit in the stands.

eDave 05-14-2020 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 14970500)

A no-brainer to do this.

I just hope it's done right, with many, many differing loops depending on the many many things, and ways, to cheer. Including booing the refs. And home of the CHIEEEEEEFS! during the national anthem (how will they do those? Skype call?)

Deberg_1990 05-14-2020 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 14971184)
I did a surround sound mix back in 2012 for an awards show that was broadcast on a big cable network. 99% of the audience responses were canned and every one of the "Live" singers needed to have their vocals pitch corrected using Melodyne.

It was a big job and something I'm really not into but yes, so much of what we see and hear on TV has been altered, live or not.

Wow. What’s next? You going to tell me
Reality tv is scripted?

BWillie 05-14-2020 05:09 PM

I don't know why people care so much if fans are going to be there. I don't give a shit, at all, if fans are there or not. What I give a shit about is if we get to play the games. I hope we become more lenient over the summer but once falls about to hit we enact more social distancing measures because that is when the cold and flu season comes back.

eDave 05-14-2020 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 14971570)
I don't know why people care so much if fans are going to be there. I don't give a shit, at all, if fans are there or not. What I give a shit about is if we get to play the games. I hope we become more lenient over the summer but once falls about to hit we enact more social distancing measures because that is when the cold and flu season comes back.

Fans and fan reaction is essential and are a huge factor for any sport. Especially football.

Without fans, I won't watch any game other than KC probably at some point early. Fans = excitement.

BWillie 05-14-2020 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 14971595)
Fans and fan reaction is essential and are a huge factor for any sport. Especially football.

Without fans, I won't watch any game other than KC probably at some point early. Fans = excitement.

The players on the field make the game exciting to me. Not the fans. Sure, I want fans just so I could see a game when I please. But when I'm watching it from home on TV I literally do not care.

If they must feel a need to get people screaming, just pipe in live recording from watch parties or peoples homes clapping and screaming. Call it a day.

eDave 05-14-2020 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 14971612)

If they must feel a need to get people screaming, just pipe in live recording from watch parties or peoples homes clapping and screaming. Call it a day.

I'd thought of that as well.
I'm sure Sprint Center will be packed. Pipe that in. Maybe find the fan bars in other cities too. Like the Phoenix CP crew. Though there's a pretty wild Chiefs bar here.

threebag 05-14-2020 07:24 PM

Joe Buck and his wife were on that Watch Party shit. His wife is pretty ****ing hot.

displacedinMN 05-14-2020 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 14971827)
Joe Buck and his wife were on that Watch Party shit. His wife is pretty ****ing hot.

She is from New Prague, MN.

I have friends from NP.
It is a small Czech, inbred town. He is related to half the town. Not kidding.

Buck was at a bar in NP.

Some guy looks down and says "what the **** is Joe Buck doing in New Prague?"

BigRedChief 05-14-2020 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 14971827)

pics or GTFO :harumph:

CarlosCarson27 05-14-2020 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14971340)
Why bring politics into everything? I thought mods kept this shit out of the lounge.

We are talking about pumped in crowd noise and digitized crowds. No politics are involved.

.....um......THE ENTIRE thing is based in/of politicizing a so called virus.

Govt is deciding what you can do with your sports!

It's not about crowd noise. Its about making people fear something with no proof to back it up!

BigRedChief 05-14-2020 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlosCarson88 (Post 14972114)
.....um......THE ENTIRE thing is based in/of politicizing a so called virus.

Govt is deciding what you can do with your sports!

It's not about crowd noise. Its about making people fear something with no proof to back it up!

Take that BS to DC for crissakes. :doh!:

Chief Roundup 05-14-2020 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 14971570)
I don't know why people care so much if fans are going to be there.

Did you not hear the multiple reports by Adam Schefter and others that if there are no fans in the stadiums it will cause a REDUCTION to the salary cap in 2021-2022 by $30M to $80M PER TEAM. The repercussions of that would be catastrophic.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

CarlosCarson27 05-15-2020 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14972122)
Take that BS to DC for crissakes. :doh!:

DC is the BS. I am the truth.
sports is staged entertainment. But i'd still rather have that than some homer simpson dumb ass pointing at me because i dont wear a mask like a fool

DeepPurple 05-15-2020 08:40 AM

My question is, are they still going to play loud rock music between every play and is the stadium PA announcer going to make the calls as if they're were people in the seats? That would be weird to not hear at least hear that in the background, I think players would prefer the background sounds as well. When the ref makes a call against the home team, will there be booing? There is a lot of thinking that has to go into this.

MTG#10 09-13-2020 02:36 PM

I know other leagues have been doing this for a while but today was the first time I've watched a game with fake crowd noise. It's terrible. Very distracting too and takes away from the game-watching experience a bit in my opinion.

Pointer19 09-13-2020 02:40 PM

Yep. It sucks. Totally unrealistic, too.

MTG#10 09-13-2020 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pointer19 (Post 15165667)
Yep. It sucks. Totally unrealistic, too.

I think that's why its so distracting. Maybe it wasn't the same for all stadiums, and its all lame but Gillete sucked horribly at it. At least have it down correctly when to pump in cheers and boos...

007 09-13-2020 02:54 PM

I'd much rather no crowd noise. I want to hear what the players hear.

BigRedChief 09-13-2020 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 15165646)
I know other leagues have been doing this for a while but today was the first time I've watched a game with fake crowd noise. It's terrible. Very distracting too and takes away from the game-watching experience a bit in my opinion.

yeah the baseball pipped in noise hadn’t been distracting too much. The NFL noise has been.

We all know the noise is louder at Arrowhead than at the Bengals but how would you determine how much noise?

And is Arrowhead at a disadvantage now because we only have 22% of our fans to make noise but other stadiums get to pipe in maximum noise possible that it rarely reaches?

BigRedChief 09-13-2020 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 15165724)
I'd much rather no crowd noise. I want to hear what the players hear.

Baseball figured out early on without ambient crowd noise that the hitters could hear the catchers spikes move behind them so they were able to determine what location the pitch was coming to.

But, football? What competitive advantage could one side over another have with zero pipped in crowd noise?

Pointer19 09-13-2020 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 15165683)
I think that's why its so distracting. Maybe it wasn't the same for all stadiums, and its all lame but Gillete sucked horribly at it. At least have it down correctly when to pump in cheers and boos...

Home team Panthers catch a Hail Mary ball and run out of bounds with 0:00 on the clock to lose the game. Fans let loose a thunderous round of applause. Okay.

MTG#10 09-13-2020 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pointer19 (Post 15165826)
Home team Panthers catch a Hail Mary ball and run out of bounds with 0:00 on the clock to lose the game. Fans let loose a thunderous round of applause. Okay.

ROFL

oldman 09-13-2020 03:55 PM

I watched the 1st half of the Packers/Viking game and thought the "crowd noise" was stupid. There didn't appear to be any difference between levels for any play. Just say no FOX.