ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Sneed traded to Titans (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352831)

Chris Meck 03-23-2024 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 17455530)
Absolutely. But tell me which constellation of remaining FAs we’d sign that would be very satisfying.

It’ll be a hodgepodge no doubt, and the end result could end up better. But nothing is going to feel great in my view.

It ain't gonna feel great, brother. It just has to work.

I'm sure Veach isn't thrilled with the return either, but they weren't going to pay him, so the market dictated the terms.

Nothing he could do about that.

Chris Meck 03-23-2024 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 17455873)
Well, I guess this is all contingent on what they do with the extra cap room now. Left tackle is the obvious choice if there's one out there worth the money and effort, same goes for receiver. Or both?

The only receiver need is for a draftee.

Rice, Brown, draftee, JWat.

If Watson is WR4, you're in real good shape.

Moore, Toney, Ross, Remigio can fight it out for the 5th spot. Who cares?

Maybe the light bulb goes on for one of them.

We don't need another one year rental vet, it just puts us back in the same spot again next year, and you'd like to have some continuity.

dlphg9 03-23-2024 03:43 PM

God what a bummer. After all the talk of 1st round picks or even a 2nd round pick plus some we get a 3rd and not even a 3rd this year. A 3rd next year.

What a shit ass trade. Should have kept him for ****s sake.

Chris Meck 03-23-2024 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palangi (Post 17455847)
Exactly.

Maddie is already a top tier guy. Williams and Watson have shown big play ability and it’s time for them to become consistent. And the coaches were high on Nic Jones before his injury.

We will be fine at CB

Furthermore-

It's IMPORTANT to develop and play these guys if we want to beat The Patriots 6 SB wins.

Sneed probably gives you a better chance at the threepeat, but as early as next year, you have to start letting important pieces walk due to the cap.
We chose to pay Jones. He's a unicorn, I get it. So they paid him, that means they couldn't pay Sneed. In '25, you'll have to make decisions on Bolton, Humphrey, T.Smith. Hollywood. In '26 Williams and Watson.

You've got to keep drafting and developing. And you have to play them.

Chris Meck 03-23-2024 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 17455957)
God what a bummer. After all the talk of 1st round picks or even a 2nd round pick plus some we get a 3rd and not even a 3rd this year. A 3rd next year.

It just means all the talk was a bunch of bullshit is all.

If you look at reasonable comps, this always the neighborhood of market value.

We all hoped for more.

We weren't going to pay him, so it is what it is.

suzzer99 03-23-2024 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 17455914)
This will be ignored bc every Chief fan over values their own.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Nah. You just don’t know how long term business works. Not shocking from you bc you’re one of the biggest dumb ****s when it comes to sports I’ve ever met.</p>&mdash; All my teams win because of the refs (@AndrewRSpru) <a href="https://twitter.com/AndrewRSpru/status/1771602714322928110?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 23, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Lol this dude must post on Chiefsplanet.

Couch-Potato 03-23-2024 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 17455980)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Nah. You just don’t know how long term business works. Not shocking from you bc you’re one of the biggest dumb ****s when it comes to sports I’ve ever met.</p>&mdash; All my teams win because of the refs (@AndrewRSpru) <a href="https://twitter.com/AndrewRSpru/status/1771602714322928110?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 23, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Lol this dude must post on Chiefsplanet.

One of us!

ThyKingdomCome15 03-23-2024 05:02 PM

I will say this...

What do Sneed, Williams, and Watson all have in common? None of them were selected before round four. To trade Sneed on the cheap like that says a lot about his confidence in restoring the depth of the position.

When guys got hurt last year the depth was so good we hardly missed a beat. That's rare, doesn't hardly happen. But I think it says a lot about Veach's confidence going into this draft and replenishing the depth. We need another versatile CB maybe two.

Let's see Veach. How great are you? (I already know he's great... overall.)

ThyKingdomCome15 03-23-2024 05:04 PM

I'm so good at drafting CB's I can trade them away on the cheap and not even miss them.-Brett Veach

-King- 03-23-2024 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 17455590)
4 weeks if someone said trade Sneed for a mid 3rd rounder or keep him for the season on the tag, 95% would have said keep him on the tag.

Well yeah that's cause Veach hadn't traded him yet.

Smed1065 03-23-2024 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 17455523)
In what world is a 3 totally valueless?

It’s not what we wanted, but it’s still a damn 3.

No it is a 4th. Since it is next year.

Palangi 03-23-2024 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smed1065 (Post 17456081)

Could have sworn we are drafting in the third round next year with this pick.

tyecopeland 03-23-2024 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smed1065 (Post 17456081)

It's current value is a 4th. But it's still a 3rd. And could end up being a higher 3rd as I don't see the titans making a run at the playoffs with their qbs they have. I could see them getting swept by their division.

I understand the disappointment for this season. But I'd take this trade now over letting him walk after next and having to wait another year to maybe get a 3rd round pick as a comp pick the year after that.

And I think he's very good. But he's handsy in coverage, his knee might be an ongoing issue and I'm just not sure he was worth a 3 year commitment to at that price range.

FloridaMan88 03-23-2024 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 (Post 17456068)
I'm so good at drafting CB's I can trade them away on the cheap and not even miss them.-Brett Veach

Veach doesn’t pay top $$$ for CB’s… a pretty good strategy considering how well he’s drafted the position.

And McDuffie will likely be an exception to that strategy when he is due for a contract extension.

ntexascardfan 03-23-2024 05:59 PM

There's also a potential that Veach is playing a bit of a long game and intends to carry over unused cap into next year.

Fat Elvis 03-23-2024 06:06 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EVM4Xa-vYxI?si=s_i5fDL88JnKOrGm" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Seems legit.

RunKC 03-23-2024 06:09 PM

Chamarri Conner played 137 snaps in the slot last year. Played really well. Could help fill that role Sneed had here.

Keep ****ing doubting doubting Dave Merritt

Delano 03-23-2024 06:17 PM

If McDuffie can play in the boundary they’ll be OK. Lose some versatility with him playing outside, but they’ve got some good young talent in Nico, Nazeeh, and Ekow. Williams is going to step up and be better than he’s been.

Cook comes back next year. Connor isn’t a rookie and can do everything from that 3rd safety spot. Reid is the veteran leader and sets the tone back there.

I like the mix as-is and when you look at the depth, it takes the sting out of losing LJ. As much as I loved seeing him evolve and grow as a player and a quiet leader, I realize it had to be done for the better of the whole.

I’ll always remember Sneed in Reeks face on the line, fake a move, and just ****ing jam Tyreek into the core of the Earth. Enjoy those rings and that bag king.

Bowser 03-23-2024 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 17456126)
Chamarri Conner played 137 snaps in the slot last year. Played really well. Could help fill that role Sneed had here.

Nazeeh Johnson, my brother

Smed1065 03-23-2024 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palangi (Post 17456097)
Could have sworn we are drafting in the third round next year with this pick.

Value wise.

Rainbarrel 03-23-2024 06:43 PM

Sneed will go the way of Tyreek and Kareem Hunt. A Chiefs Planet game thread, spilt milk to wail over. Probably first half opening day

comochiefsfan 03-23-2024 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainbarrel (Post 17456148)
Sneed will go the way of Tyreek and Kareem Hunt. A Chiefs Planet game thread, spilt milk to wail over. Probably first half opening day

I can’t wait to emotionally bitch and moan about how shitty our corners are and how Veach did nothing to address losing Sneed the first time a CB gets burned for a TD next season.

I’ll look silly of course by the end of the game but I doubt that will stop me.

IowaHawkeyeChief 03-23-2024 06:53 PM

Quote:

They were never keeping him... They probably would have rescinded the tag if they had no trade. This should be obvious to everyone now. We have $19.8 million and got a guaranteed pick next year instead of maybe a comp. An we moved up basically a full round on our 7th this year. With our depth in the secondary, this money can be used elsewhere and let us do whatever we need to in the draft without reaching for a need.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-23-2024 07:02 PM

Eh trade still blows

smithandrew051 03-23-2024 07:17 PM

We can at least be happy that Colts fans are absolutely livid to miss out on Sneed to a team in their division for THAT comp.

**** the Colts. Another franchise that deserves the worst.

Doesn’t justify or defend the trade, but that’s a silver lining.

tredadda 03-23-2024 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni (Post 17456168)
Eh trade still blows

Look at trades this offseason. Teams are not to give up a premium for players unless they are cost controlled. It just is what it is.

tredadda 03-23-2024 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 17456184)
We can at least be happy that Colts fans are absolutely livid to miss out on Sneed to a team in their division for THAT comp.

**** the Colts. Another franchise that deserves the worst.

Doesn’t justify or defend the trade, but that’s a silver lining.

Ballard doesn’t swing for the fences…..ever. He prefers to try and win with slap singles.

smithandrew051 03-23-2024 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 17456186)
Ballard doesn’t swing for the fences…..ever. He prefers to try and win with slap singles.

Their fans are getting frustrated.

They deserve to be miserable.

flinchfree 03-23-2024 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 17455530)
Absolutely. But tell me which constellation of remaining FAs we’d sign that would be very satisfying.

It’ll be a hodgepodge no doubt, and the end result could end up better. But nothing is going to feel great in my view.

Clowney, Danna, Smith + a move up for Adonai Mitchell?

kysirsoze 03-23-2024 07:37 PM

Among all of his talents, if Veach has displayed one absolute superpower, it is drafting one badass corner after another. If this holds, shipping off Sneed for whatever we can get is wisely taking advantage of what we do better than anybody else in the league. I would have loved more compensation, but if Veach thinks Sneed's money is better spent elsewhere, I trust him.

ThyKingdomCome15 03-23-2024 07:49 PM

I literally came here to simply complain about how dead I feel inside in regards to this trade...

Granted, had this pick been one round and one year sooner I'd be good. I just thought the whole league valued him more than that. Being Veach pulled the trigger that means he agreed with them. So one question remains.

How does Veach Spend the money? Obviously it's importan or he never would have done it. I like Wanya ok but he did get dinged up last year and we need a capable player like Donovan Smith.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-23-2024 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 17456185)
Look at trades this offseason. Teams are not to give up a premium for players unless they are cost controlled. It just is what it is.

Then don't trade him

Chris Meck 03-23-2024 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni (Post 17456241)
Then don't trade him

And pay him $19m, so no more team additions, and he walks for nothing a year from now?

Nah.

IowaHawkeyeChief 03-23-2024 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni (Post 17456241)
Then don't trade him

Then you have to pay him $19.8 and he probably skips much of camp and leaves us in an uncertain position heading into the draft again. This hurts, but it was needed.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-23-2024 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 17456264)
Then you have to pay him $19.8 and he probably skips much of camp and leaves us in an uncertain position heading into the draft again. This hurts, but it was needed.

Depends what they use the money on I guess...but like Twisted said before they could have found that money for whoever they decide on

Pasta Little Brioni 03-23-2024 08:49 PM

This was a win for other conference contenders and I'm not sure that's arguable. Dude ERASED elite guys.....and we get a pick valued at about 4 slots

MahomesMagic 03-23-2024 08:53 PM

The best case scenario is fully using the created cap space on talented but older players willing to chase a ring.

Hollywood Brown was a younger player willing to bet on himself and a great signing.

We need to add LT and Pacheco insurance before the draft. I also would like to see another vet WR cheap because if Skyy Moore is still on the roster opening day something went wrong.

pugsnotdrugs19 03-23-2024 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni (Post 17456274)
This was a win for other conference contenders and I'm not sure that's arguable. Dude ERASED elite guys.....and we get a pick valued at about 4 slots

Heard that a lot a couple years ago after a certain trade and all the Chiefs have done since is win Super Bowls so I’m sure they’re reserving their excitement LMAO

Rain Man 03-23-2024 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 17456211)
Among all of his talents, if Veach has displayed one absolute superpower, it is drafting one badass corner after another. If this holds, shipping off Sneed for whatever we can get is wisely taking advantage of what we do better than anybody else in the league. I would have loved more compensation, but if Veach thinks Sneed's money is better spent elsewhere, I trust him.

This is the bottom line. I adored Sneed and really enjoyed watching him, but Veach knows what he's doing. I'll shed a few tears now to be happy next February.

BigRedChief 03-23-2024 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 17455837)
Just got home after a long trip and saw this. What a piss poor deal, there must be an issue with Sneed having aids that we don't know about.

looks to me that it’s the going rate.

Rams got a late 3 for Ramsey. Bucs got a late 3 for Davis. Packers got a late 3 for Douglas. Chiefs will get a better 3rd than all those teams got.

The Titans will be a mid 3 at worst. In fact odds are it could be a top 10 pick considering their schedule and the other 3 teams in their division all had winning records last year.

Based on the Chiefs recent draft position that draft pick could only be a mere 10-11 picks after where our 2nd would be.

ThyKingdomCome15 03-23-2024 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 17456312)

Rams got a late 3 for Ramsey. Bucs got a late 3 for Davis. Packers got a late 3 for Douglas. Chiefs will get a better 3rd than all those teams got.

The Titans will be a mid 3 at worst. In fact odds are it could be a top 10 pick considering their schedule and the other 3 teams in their division all had winning records last year.

Based on the Chiefs recent draft position that draft pick could only be a mere 10-11 picks after where our 2nd would be.

I get it but the best thing for the team is to let him play on the tag. That would not have been the best thing for Sneed's wallet however.

It's a good point though. If we didn't have three really good CB's behind Sneed I'd be really unhappy.

nychief 03-24-2024 06:30 AM

Still a shitty trade.

LoneWolf 03-24-2024 06:49 AM

In the playoffs, Sneed gave up big plays in every game except the Miami game. He made one spectacular play to knock the ball loose before Flowers broke the plane of the endzone, but remember he was burned before that on a big play to get the Ravens down there. He gave up a TD against Buffalo and a TD against San Francisco.

KCs defense is going to be fine.

BigRedChief 03-24-2024 08:23 AM

Quote:

Forgot who posted this earlier......

Rams got a late 3 for Ramsey.

Bucs got a late 3 for Davis.

Packers got a late 3 for Douglas. Chiefs will get a better 3rd than all those teams got.

Shields68 03-24-2024 08:31 AM

Quote:

I wonder how much of Sneeds salary demands also affect the going rate. It probably narrows the number of teams involved where you know you may have to over pay him slightly on a 4 year deal. Be interesting to hear what the Titans end up signing him for.

Basically your down to teams with a lot of cap space and still think they will be competitive with a shut down corner.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-24-2024 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 17456421)
Forgot who posted this earlier......

Rams got a late 3 for Ramsey.

Bucs got a late 3 for Davis.

Packers got a late 3 for Douglas. Chiefs will get a better 3rd than all those teams got.

The value of the pick at the moment is a 4th

cabletech94 03-24-2024 08:37 AM

My money says that future 3rd will be packaged in a trade up in this years draft.
Sorry if a repost.

Chris Meck 03-24-2024 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni (Post 17456274)

This is what it is to be king.

Can't pay everybody.

Mahomes plus best 52 wins Super Bowls.

Dunerdr 03-24-2024 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni (Post 17456426)
The value of the pick at the moment is a 4th

It’ll be a 3 when we use it. BART VATCH GOT US AN ULTRA RARE APPRECIATING ASSET! Those are hard to come by.

Meatloaf 03-24-2024 08:57 AM

First of all, I really liked having Sneed as a Chief. Thought he was a very good player, and definitely a team guy. That said, as per the trade, it's still not over as we don't know what BV is gonna do with the 19M in additional cap room. Kinda mystifies me that a guy who played a huge role in constructing a couple of Super Bowl winners isn't being given the benefit of AT LEAST WAITING TO SEE THE WHOLE TRADE before passing judgement. And yeah, I know it's part of fandom to give such trades an immediate thumbs up/down....heck it's fun and I hope I don't come across as suggesting that it's a bad thing.

But how about we wait just a bit to see the complete trade?

Clearly, BV thinks this deal is best for the Chiefs (can't imagine that he'd make a deal he thought was bad). So, personally, I'm hoping that Sneed passes the physical. If he doesn't and BV thinks he needs the cap space that much, would he simply remove the tag and let Sneed walk? And yeah, I know there are prolly a dozen other ways to get the cap space.....but what if???

As you can tell, I'm ok with this Sneed deal as it's the best we could do (and yes, I wish it was for more, but it simply isn't).

I'm most anxious to see what BV can do with that 19M.....Fun City!

Lastly, gotta tell you how much I enjoy reading your alls takes on Chiefs matters....it definitely brighten my days to see that I'm not the dumbest rock in the drawer. Oops, did I actually say that? Flame away!

PS. Seriously, thanks tons for sharing your views and passion....Chiefs Planet is da bomb!!!

notorious 03-24-2024 09:01 AM

Next year:

"How does KC keep finding great cornerbacks?!"

RunKC 03-24-2024 09:27 AM

Calling a pick that is going to be a top 80 pick and likely top 75 a 4th rd value is so bizarre.

The 4th rd usually starts at pick 101. That’s at least a 20 pick difference so almost a full rd.

Goes to show that people don’t value draft picks until April when they are actually used.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-24-2024 09:30 AM

I don't know what to tell you guys. Do you not realize future picks hold less value at the moment? I thought that was common knowledge.

Bl00dyBizkitz 03-24-2024 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni (Post 17456450)
I don't know what to tell you guys. Do you not realize future picks hold less value at the moment? I thought that was common knowledge.

I mean if you want to use it in a trade, obviously.

I guess I'm becoming more chill about the situation because the team is already solid, the only glaring hole right now is LT and another WR.

Idk, its not great compensation, but again, Veach's track record of 3 SBs in 5 years speaks for itself.

kysirsoze 03-24-2024 09:37 AM

Quote:

Yeah that's how the draft chart works. I think that matters more for teams that are trying to build a contender. When you are planning for the next ten years, not just the next couple, it doesn't make much sense.

Chris Meck 03-24-2024 09:37 AM

Quote:

As of this minute, yes, that is conventional thinking.

As of spring of '25, it will be a relatively high 3rd round pick.

What I think this tells us is that Veach is looking at the future, always.

Teams trying to climb the mountain have a different mindset than the team on top of the mountain.

FringeNC 03-24-2024 09:54 AM

It seems clear that Veach preferred Sneed gone at the franchise tag cap hit -- whether that's because of signing free agents with that money or he didn't want to deal with a potential hold-out or whatever. Obviously he hoped there would be a bidding war over Sneed, but that didn't occur.

I just don't think paying Sneed $20 million this year is something Veach thought to be a good idea.

rfaulk34 03-24-2024 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeorgeZimZam (Post 17454898)
Why is anybody here cordial to this bundle of sticks? He vomits shit chili from his mouth and expects the rest of us to eat it. We ain’t in Cinci, fuggin reerun.

Can't take a little fun poke? I sorries. :(

So, who is first in line to take Sneed's place? I'd think with KCs track record of winning SBs without an elite defense, would allow fans to chill a bit and have faith in the braintrust. Losing Sneed isn't the move that's going to seriously hamper your ability to win again in '24.

Marcellus 03-24-2024 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 17456126)

When Conner was drafted his comparison was Sneed. He was drafted to play that roll.

staylor26 03-24-2024 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 17456448)
Calling a pick that is going to be a top 80 pick and likely top 75 a 4th rd value is so bizarre.

The 4th rd usually starts at pick 101. That’s at least a 20 pick difference so almost a full rd.

Goes to show that people don’t value draft picks until April when they are actually used.

There's a middle ground here where one can understand today's value and what the actual pick will be next year.

For now, it's worth a 4th, because if we tried to use it to make a move this offseason, that's what the value is.

But yes, it's very likely going to be a top 75 pick, and people acting like that's nothing are being silly.

ToxSocks 03-24-2024 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 17456458)
As of this minute, yes, that is conventional thinking.

As of spring of '25, it will be a relatively high 3rd round pick.

What I think this tells us is that Veach is looking at the future, always.

Teams trying to climb the mountain have a different mindset than the team on top of the mountain.

This move is all about the future. I imagine they'll use the cap space on a few contract extensions and use the 3rd next season to help compensate for any players they'll lose. We know some big extensions are coming due, and once again, we can't pay them all.

But yeah, the compensation is still low and surprisingly so. It definetly feels like we got fleeced.

Im guessing better trade compensation was on the board, but it doesnt matter if they aren't willing to pay him too.

ToxSocks 03-24-2024 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 17455048)
Not sure about “great talent”, but some of the remaining free agents…

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Still a lot of great talent left in free agency:<br><br>- S Justin Simmons<br>- CB Stephon Gilmore<br>- LB Jadeveon Clowney<br>- S Quandre Diggs<br>- S Julian Blackmon<br>- WR Michael Thomas<br>- QB Ryan Tannehill<br>- CB Xavien Howard<br>- CB Tre White<br>- DL Calais Campbell<br>- CB Adoree Jackson<br>- S Jamal Adams… <a href="https://t.co/QdigWbot3c">pic.twitter.com/QdigWbot3c</a></p>&mdash; JPAFootball (@jasrifootball) <a href="https://twitter.com/jasrifootball/status/1771357190697128021?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 23, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Simmons is the only guy here i think really moves the needle for us. And even then it's not like we need him.

All signs point to that money being used on extensions imo.

Bl00dyBizkitz 03-24-2024 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rfaulk34 (Post 17456462)
Can't take a little fun poke? I sorries. :(

So, who is first in line to take Sneed's place? I'd think with KCs track record of winning SBs without an elite defense, would allow fans to chill a bit and have faith in the braintrust. Losing Sneed isn't the move that's going to seriously hamper your ability to win again in '24.

As much as you annoy me, you're right.

McDuffie
Watson
Williams
Reid
Connor
Cook

This is fine. Its not elite but it's not a weakness either. If we lose, its not going to be because of this DB core.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-24-2024 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 17455914)
This will be ignored bc every Chief fan over values their own.

Why would it be ignores? Like usual Mahomo posts something outdated that's been posted a million times

Woogieman 03-24-2024 10:48 AM

Quote:

I think everyone understands that concept, what is debatable is HOW MUCH more value a 2024 pick has. Calling it a 4th rnd pick is hyperbolic...it could only credibly be considered a 4th rnd pick if Tenn makes the playoffs and next year's draft class is once-a-decade weak. Tennessee could just as likely win 5 games (stout conference, Levis could bust), and next year's draft class could be better than average and that 3rd could land quality closer to a 2nd than 4th.

staylor26 03-24-2024 10:50 AM

Tennessee is still the worst team in that division.

I'd be shocked if they aren't picking top 10 again next year.

ToxSocks 03-24-2024 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz (Post 17456484)

McDuffie
Watson
Williams
Reid
Connor
Cook

This is fine. Its not elite but it's not a weakness either. If we lose, its not going to be because of this DB core.

I doubt we'll see any significance in overall defensive production. McDuffie is the better corner anyway. And Watson and Williams are good, ascending players who are experienced and will be entering their third year with the team. They're built just like Sneed. Tall, lanky, fast and physical corners.

The defense will keep on ticking, i dont expect to see much loss.

Woogieman 03-24-2024 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz (Post 17456484)

McDuffie
Watson
Williams
Reid
Connor
Cook

Hopefully Nic Jones comes back full strength because he was VERY impressive in camp...I know, so was Bobby Sippio, but I am very interested to see how the FO views his potential. If they go CB in the first two rnds, he may not get the opportunity he seemed destined for.

JPH83 03-24-2024 11:24 AM

WBF...https://atozsports.com/kansas-city/c...lacement-2024/

O.city 03-24-2024 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModSocks (Post 17456482)
Simmons is the only guy here i think really moves the needle for us. And even then it's not like we need him.

All signs point to that money being used on extensions imo.

I’ve always been a fan but clowney would help with the loss of omehinu

VAChief 03-24-2024 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woogieman (Post 17456490)
I think everyone understands that concept, what is debatable is HOW MUCH more value a 2024 pick has. Calling it a 4th rnd pick is hyperbolic...it could only credibly be considered a 4th rnd pick if Tenn makes the playoffs and next year's draft class is once-a-decade weak. Tennessee could just as likely win 5 games (stout conference, Levis could bust), and next year's draft class could be better than average and that 3rd could land quality closer to a 2nd than 4th.

Worst case scenario you have 4 top 100 picks. in the first 3 rounds, unless you use that extra 3rd to move up this year.

Wisconsin_Chief 03-24-2024 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woogieman (Post 17456496)
Hopefully Nic Jones comes back full strength because he was VERY impressive in camp...I know, so was Bobby Sippio, but I am very interested to see how the FO views his potential. If they go CB in the first two rnds, he may not get the opportunity he seemed destined for.

I don't think you'll see a high draft pick on a DB, especially a corner. With McDuffie, Watson, Williams, Nic Jones, Nazeeh Johnson, and Boye-Doe, they are set. Probably see a few more 4th and 5th rounders thrown into the mix since that seems to be their sweet spot for finding these guys.

Smed1065 03-24-2024 11:33 AM

Quote:

Hum a 4th since next year.Guess people ignore that part so far.

VAChief 03-24-2024 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17456515)
I’ve always been a fan but clowney would help with the loss of omehinu

He tied his career record for sacks last season (9.5). Hard to believe he didn't have more than that earlier in his career. I wouldn't mind seeing him added to the rotation. Depends on the price of course. He might be willing to chase a ring.

scho63 03-24-2024 11:47 AM

This thread has every angle, emotion, like or dislike, good or bad, right or wrong opinion all wrapped up in one long series of posts.

Quite interesting........

suzzer99 03-24-2024 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 17456448)

The standard formula is you knock a draft pick's value down one round for every year in the future. So a 2025 3rd is valued like a 2024 4th.

Chris Meck 03-24-2024 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 17456541)
The standard formula is you knock a draft pick's value down one round for every year in the future. So a 2025 3rd is valued like a 2024 4th.

as I said, yes, this is conventionally how it's regarded.

IF, however, you are Brett Veach, and you already have a championship roster at the end of March, and you don't HAVE to make huge moves and can afford to be patient, then it will indeed be an early 3rd round pick.

Traditionally, the reasoning for discounting a round per year is based on the urgency to win NOW for most franchises.

We're at the top of the mountain. It's a little different. We're going to need that pick next year, and will be glad to have it.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-24-2024 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 17456529)
This thread has every angle, emotion, like or dislike, good or bad, right or wrong opinion all wrapped up in one long series of posts.

Quite interesting........

Some are just spinning it with Homer goggles

RunKC 03-24-2024 01:07 PM

Keep cooking Dave Merritt

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Exclusive: The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> felt comfortable trading CB L&#39;Jarius Sneed because they already have the perfect replacement on the roster. He was tracking to start on defense at corner opposite Sneed and Trent McDuffie in 2023 before a season-ending injury in training camp. <br><br>🔗⬇️ <a href="https://t.co/c6rPcElDZE">pic.twitter.com/c6rPcElDZE</a></p>&mdash; Charles Goldman (@goldmctNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/goldmctNFL/status/1771629695592812882?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 23, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

pugsnotdrugs19 03-24-2024 01:12 PM

I really hope Nazeeh can bounce back fast since his ACL injury will be a full year removed.

He has the traits to be a starter.