ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto Tesla Cybertruck (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=326896)

MagicHef 04-12-2024 04:06 PM

It's an Alpha Wolf. Not available yet, one exists currently.

https://www.alphamotorinc.com/wolf

Rain Man 04-12-2024 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 17479933)

That Rex SUV is kind of nifty.

srvy 04-12-2024 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 17479845)

Looks like a 92 Isuzu.
https://file.kelleybluebookimages.co...21_505x375.jpg

displacedinMN 04-12-2024 08:00 PM

it needs to be red

Buehler445 04-12-2024 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 17479933)

You can buy some equity in the company. I bet it’s a good deal!

DaFace 04-12-2024 11:26 PM

Saw one driving around my neighborhood today. It's got an instantly recognizable look, I'll give it that.

PAChiefsGuy 04-13-2024 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 17480233)
Saw one driving around my neighborhood today. It's got an instantly recognizable look, I'll give it that.

Yeah and so does the guy weighing 400+ lbs. Doesn't necessarily mean it's a good thing.

suzzer99 04-17-2024 04:16 PM

https://jalopnik.com/tesla-cybertruc...ash-1851417011

https://unstuckpolitics.com/uploads/...1226x1000.jpeg

Do not feed Cybertruck after midnight. Do not taunt Cybertruck.

displacedinMN 05-24-2024 05:22 PM

someone selling a cyber truck with 300 miles on it

$145,000

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...s&__tn__=!%3AD

KCJake 05-24-2024 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 17480272)
Yeah and so does the guy weighing 400+ lbs. Doesn't necessarily mean it's a good thing.

LOL! money

HemiEd 05-30-2024 07:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well it didn't take long.

ghak99 05-30-2024 08:42 PM

Polished to a mirror finish.

https://www.cybertruckownersclub.com...-2-jpeg.48980/

ThrobProng 05-31-2024 07:29 AM

Goddamn those are the ugliest vehicles ever. The designers of the Element and the Aztec laugh at that shit. LMAO

seamonster 05-31-2024 07:58 AM

Cybertruck is ugly if you're a boomer (specifically). If you grew up in the 80's it looks like a lambo "trapper-keeper" abomination but in a good way. Hard to believe that he went through with that design but I can appreciate the insanity.

KCUnited 05-31-2024 08:10 AM

Someone really made a pinewood derby car into a real truck

DaFace 05-31-2024 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghak99 (Post 17536211)

That's a mildly cool look, but you'd have to have them renew the polish pretty regularly if it gets wet at all. I suppose maybe that's not an issue if you're the kind of person to spend $100k on a "truck" though.

saphojunkie 05-31-2024 10:24 AM

pictures do not do it justice for how ugly it is in person. They're all over my neighborhood and it's the first Tesla design I actively despise.

MagicHef 05-31-2024 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 17536732)
pictures do not do it justice for how ugly it is in person. They're all over my neighborhood and it's the first Tesla design I actively despise.

I saw one in flat black, it looked like someone was taking a chip bin for a drive

https://5.imimg.com/data5/SELLER/Def...ey-250x250.jpg

saphojunkie 05-31-2024 10:36 AM

Our 11 year old loves them, which makes sense given how they look like Lego cars.

HemiEd 05-31-2024 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 17536732)

Seriously? Where in the **** do you live?:eek:

Pasta Little Brioni 05-31-2024 11:45 AM

Saw 1 yesterday. Thing was so ugly I nearly threw up.

Eureka 05-31-2024 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 17536786)
Seriously? Where in the **** do you live?:eek:

They're all over the Bay Area and they've kind of grown on me. My toddler points one out whenever he sees one.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-31-2024 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eureka (Post 17536812)
There all over the Bay Area and they've kind of grown on me. My toddler points one out whenever he sees one.

Buy one

ghak99 05-31-2024 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 17536514)
That's a mildly cool look, but you'd have to have them renew the polish pretty regularly if it gets wet at all. I suppose maybe that's not an issue if you're the kind of person to spend $100k on a "truck" though.

I'm pretty sure they'd have to remove the fender flares to maintain it right. Doesn't sound fun.

I wondered if it would be a bit confusing to have one turning in front of you at a busy intersection with all those big flat panels basically reflecting your view back at you. Might be interesting trying to see one when checking your mirrors as well.

Eureka 05-31-2024 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni (Post 17536820)
Buy one

I'm not there yet.

Most people spend 99% of their time with their vehicle driving it. I'm sure the Cybertruck is in the same boat. How does the Cybertruck drive is what I'm wondering about. Looks are subjective but if it drives sweet then who cares.

Mile High Mania 05-31-2024 12:23 PM

Have seen more around town in Dallas… I think they look stupid.

loochy 05-31-2024 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 17536869)
Have seen more around town in Dallas… I think they look stupid.

Yeah, here in my town, Benbrook (a Fort Worth suburb), I've been seeing 2 or 3 per day on my way to work. I've seen original colored ones, one orange vinyl wrapped one, and one gray camo wrapped one. A few weeks ago,
my wife's supervising physician just got the one he ordered forever ago. They are very popular here.

I like them....not for me, oh hell no I would never buy one....but I like seeing them.

mr. tegu 05-31-2024 12:49 PM

I saw my first one recently. It’s definitely not great looking but I couldn’t help think it would look infinitely better with just a more traditional paint job.

loochy 05-31-2024 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni (Post 17536820)
Buy one

I guarantee massive depreciation in a few years.

Wait 3 years, get one for half price

HemiEd 05-31-2024 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eureka (Post 17536812)
They're all over the Bay Area and they've kind of grown on me. My toddler points one out whenever he sees one.

I was going to guess SF/Bay area. Makes sense. We are just starting to see a few Tesla's around here. :D

CapsLockKey 05-31-2024 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghak99 (Post 17536849)
I'm pretty sure they'd have to remove the fender flares to maintain it right. Doesn't sound fun.

I wondered if it would be a bit confusing to have one turning in front of you at a busy intersection with all those big flat panels basically reflecting your view back at you. Might be interesting trying to see one when checking your mirrors as well.

Mirrored finish or wraps should be illegal in my opinion. There's a dealer in town where their courtesy shuttle van is completely wrapped in mirrored like finish. I've been blinded by the MFer a couple times when it reflected the mid-afternoon sun directly in my eyes.

Eureka 05-31-2024 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapsLockKey (Post 17537535)
Mirrored finish or wraps should be illegal in my opinion. There's a dealer in town where their courtesy shuttle van is completely wrapped in mirrored like finish. I've been blinded by the MFer a couple times when it reflected the mid-afternoon sun directly in my eyes.

It's illegal in California. Other states may differ.

ghak99 05-31-2024 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapsLockKey (Post 17537535)

Probably felt similar to the ****tards who injected an x ray of your face into your brain with their insane headlights when you meet them in the dark.

We're both in the dark and you're blinding the guy traveling right at you. Way to go Darwin.

CapsLockKey 06-01-2024 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghak99 (Post 17537560)
Probably felt similar to the ****tards who injected an x ray of your face into your brain with their insane headlights when you meet them in the dark.

We're both in the dark and you're blinding the guy traveling right at you. Way to go Darwin.

Yep. Maybe the universe will correct itself and these vehicles that can light up football fields with their nuclear powered headlights will cross paths with the mobile disco balls and blind themselves for once.

As for the Cyber truck, saw one yesterday in the wild for the first time and agree they are fugly but maybe that's the unique charm of them. Looks like a vehicle you'd see in a 90s PlayStation 1 video game.

New World Order 06-01-2024 12:22 AM

Saw one in Lee's Summit today.

They are FRICKIN HUGE

Chief Pagan 06-01-2024 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapsLockKey (Post 17537675)
Yep. Maybe the universe will correct itself and these vehicles that can light up football fields with their nuclear powered headlights will cross paths with the mobile disco balls and blind themselves for once.

As for the Cyber truck, saw one yesterday in the wild for the first time and agree they are fugly but maybe that's the unique charm of them. Looks like a vehicle you'd see in a 90s PlayStation 1 video game.

How many points do you score for destroying one?

Um, asking for a friend...

KCUnited 06-01-2024 10:10 AM

I saw a murdered out one yesterday

Looked like a bloated Knight Rider

Megatron96 06-01-2024 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 17537868)
I saw a murdered out one yesterday

Looked like a bloated Knight Rider

What is ‘murdered out’?

KCUnited 06-01-2024 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 17537950)
What is ‘murdered out’?

https://i.imgur.com/OZ1udvO.jpg

Pasta Little Brioni 06-01-2024 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 17536953)
I guarantee massive depreciation in a few years.

Wait 3 years, get one for half price

I wouldn't spend 20k on that ugly thing

Megatron96 06-01-2024 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 17537960)

Ah, now it clicks. There’s that show about street drag racing; one of the cars is named “Murder Nova.”

srvy 06-01-2024 02:25 PM

I saw my first one that wasn't on a car carrier on N. Oak in the Northland of KC. I wouldn't say I like it better seeing it on the road. It did turn my head and get my attention.

KCUnited 06-01-2024 03:42 PM

Funny timing as my neighbor next door just brought one home and gave me the tour

Thing is giant up close

One cool feature is the suspension raises and lowers depending on what mode its in and everything is controlled from the console touchscreen from diagnostics down to opening the glove box

Admittedly the tech is pretty slick, but man, if you have OCD there's fingerprints all over it. Its not painted, its like a stainless steel refrigerator so if you touch it there's nothing but handprints everywhere

The kicker, especially if you've read my posts in the open carry thread...the cameras can be operated from an app even if its not running so "extra security" when parked outside the house...in this gated neighborhood LMAO

Another cool feature is theres a built in cooler in the "bed" with a bottom plug drain. Elon must have at least one cool family member on the design input team

lewdog 06-01-2024 09:29 PM

I saw my first one in the wild today. It’s hideous and the “paint” job is done poorly enough to be a deal breaker from the start.

Chief Pagan 06-01-2024 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 17538122)
Funny timing as my neighbor next door just brought one home and gave me the tour

Thing is giant up close

One cool feature is the suspension raises and lowers depending on what mode its in and everything is controlled from the console touchscreen from diagnostics down to opening the glove box

Admittedly the tech is pretty slick, but man, if you have OCD there's fingerprints all over it. Its not painted, its like a stainless steel refrigerator so if you touch it there's nothing but handprints everywhere

The kicker, especially if you've read my posts in the open carry thread...the cameras can be operated from an app even if its not running so "extra security" when parked outside the house...in this gated neighborhood LMAO

Another cool feature is theres a built in cooler in the "bed" with a bottom plug drain. Elon must have at least one cool family member on the design input team

Old man yells at cloud at cloud, but when I want to lean in and grab something out of the glove box..., that is not a feature.

displacedinMN 06-02-2024 07:53 AM

It is not a truck

I should edit this
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...ighlight=truck

Pablo 06-02-2024 08:32 AM

You gotta pull up a screen on a menu to get in the ****ing glove box..

LMAO

Man, the future sure is rad huh??

CapsLockKey 06-02-2024 08:45 AM

Quote:

My 2006 Ridgeline has that. It's a technically a storage trunk in the bed but you can fill it with ice and drain it.

displacedinMN 06-02-2024 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 17538592)
You gotta pull up a screen on a menu to get in the ****ing glove box..

LMAO

Man, the future sure is rad huh??

Really? Lord. How stupid.

KCUnited 06-02-2024 08:56 AM

I mean you practically have a flat screen tv in front of you with access to everything so its probably easier than reaching over and pulling a lever once you get used to it

KCUnited 06-02-2024 09:03 AM

Siri open glove box and retrieve my Glock

Pasta Little Brioni 06-02-2024 11:12 AM

United ordered him one I bet ROFL

Chief Pagan 06-02-2024 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 17538621)
Siri open glove box and retrieve my Glock

I was thinking of the context if say it was parked on the driveway and you wanted to open the passenger door and grab something out of it.

But if unlocking and opening the door activated voice commands, that would perhaps not be to bad.

But really, I would prefer to just be able to, you know, open the freaking glove box with my hand. I'm going to have to have my hand there to get anything out of it.

It doesn't have to be some cheesy mechanical latch, it could be a touch sensitive plate right on the glove box. What is the down side to allowing you to just do that versus some gee whiz techno solution looking for a problem? The touch plate wouldn't preclude a voice command or console command.

You could have the option to disable touch plate if you thought you might be tempted to use it and look too okay boomer.

Now for those that want to use the console to provide an extra locking function, say if it is going into the shop, sure. But that didn't seem to be the case here.

KCUnited 06-02-2024 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni (Post 17538703)
United ordered him one I bet ROFL

LMAO

Bud this is my daily driver

You can see by the mess underneath that shes leaking hella oil, A/C is out (its 98F here rn), the headliner is sagging, driver side window regulator is out so the windows are stuck in the halfway down position and the wife won't ride in it

Bright side is my Chris Jones fathead arrived yesterday for the opposite side garage wall. LFG

https://i.imgur.com/nuAQTI1.jpg

srvy 06-02-2024 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 17538849)
LMAO

You can see by the mess underneath that shes leaking hella oil, A/C is out (its 98F here rn), the headliner is sagging, driver side window regulator is out so the windows are stuck in the halfway down position and the wife won't ride in it

Bright side is my Chris Jones fathead arrived yesterday for the opposite side garage wall. LFG

Do you change the oil in an O'Reileys parking lot?

That will get Delguano looking down his nose with ire.

Actually I kinda like the idea. Flat parking lot and you won't get oil on your own garage or driveway. Bonus they have oil dry and free oil recycling with a hazardous waste dumpster in the rear of the building.

Pasta Little Brioni 06-02-2024 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 17538849)
LMAO

No Murano?

WhawhaWhat 06-02-2024 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Pagan (Post 17538824)
But really, I would prefer to just be able to, you know, open the freaking glove box with my hand.

What do you imagine people are touching the button on the screen with?

Chief Pagan 06-02-2024 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 17538938)
What do you imagine people are touching the button on the screen with?

Well maybe I am missing something?

If I open the passenger door and want to get something out of the globe box, the console is going to have a big button on it that says glove box?

Or I'm going to have to load that screen?

Maybe Tesla does a better job. I can't say I've been impressed with some of the rental cars with how they want you to do simple things like adjust the fan on AC.

KCUnited 06-02-2024 05:16 PM

**** in yalls glovebox?

I know theres shit in mine but can't of a scenario where I'm like "oh **** I can't access this quick enough"

KCUnited 06-09-2024 06:08 AM

Quote:

Hoo boy my neighbor caught me out front yesterday and invited us over for a beer. We're breaking heat records in PHX right now so I'm thinking backyard out of the direct sun. Nope dude set up chairs next to his cybertruck sitting in his driveway in the full sun just in case neighbors driving by rolled their windows down to ask him about the truck

LMAO his wife disclosed that when they've been out driving several people have been throwing up the little dick signal with their thumb and forefinger at them LMAO

The whole act felt pretty gross and I was hot as shit so was like thanks for the beer see ya later

I guess one cool thing about it is he keeps it in his driveway and it cools itself to a set temp so its not out there roasting away

He plans to put it on Turo and I'm like bro I can't even get our car to switch over from my wifes profile to mine and I own the thing. So I feel someone is going to have to spend half a day of a 3 day rental figuring out the tech in that thing to make it worth the rental price

Pablo 06-09-2024 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 17545778)
Hoo boy my neighbor caught me out front yesterday and invited us over for a beer. We're breaking heat records in PHX right now so I'm thinking backyard out of the direct sun. Nope dude set up chairs next to his cybertruck sitting in his driveway in the full sun just in case neighbors driving by rolled their windows down to ask him about the truck

LMAO his wife disclosed that when they've been out driving several people have been throwing up the little dick signal with their thumb and forefinger at them LMAO

The whole act felt pretty gross and I was hot as shit so was like thanks for the beer see ya later

I guess one cool thing about it is he keeps it in his driveway and it cools itself to a set temp so its not out there roasting away

He plans to put it on Turo and I'm like bro I can't even get our car to switch over from my wifes profile to mine and I own the thing. So I feel someone is going to have to spend half a day of a 3 day rental figuring out the tech in that thing to make it worth the rental price

That's pretty slick

notorious 06-09-2024 07:37 AM

What kind of dickbag sits next to his truck waiting for people to ask him about it?

:facepalm:

New World Order 06-09-2024 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 17545806)
What kind of dickbag sits next to his truck waiting for people to ask him about it?

:facepalm:

ROFL

Sounds like something from king of the hill

Pablo 06-09-2024 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 17545831)
ROFL

Sounds like something from king of the hill

Maybe if his neighbor is Kahn.

displacedinMN 06-09-2024 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 17545778)

Ask him if he can cook an egg on it or bake cookies on it during this heatwave.

Dude is an ass.

Pasta Little Brioni 06-09-2024 09:07 AM

I'm convinced even those that bought it think it's ugly

KCUnited 06-09-2024 09:16 AM

It seems like Tesla people are their own breed

The 2 cars that stopped to talk were other Tesla drivers

They seem to have their own fanbase

Pablo 06-09-2024 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 17545851)
It seems like Tesla people are their own breed

The 2 cars that stopped to talk were other Tesla drivers

They seem to have their own fanbase

Jeep Wrangler-ish. You see them exchange any secret waves or little presents like the ducks?

KCUnited 06-09-2024 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 17545853)
Jeep Wrangler-ish. You see them exchange any secret waves or little presents like the ducks?

There’s a lifted Wrangler in the garage LMAO

I feel like I’m living in the witness protection program

*he’s a nice guy and a good neighbor just a little cringe with the toys