ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs BREAKING: Le'Veon Bell to the Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=334342)

Molitoth 10-16-2020 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 15249679)
"You don't have to pay me, the Jets will pay me" ROFLLMAO

That is the same part I finally laughed out loud.

hahahah

Boon 10-16-2020 10:51 AM

Can he block?

Jerok 10-16-2020 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boon (Post 15249770)
Can he block?

He was great in Pittsburgh, and bad with the Jets.

Like everything else, we have to see if it was just the Jets being terrible or if he actually declined.

BlackOp 10-16-2020 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerok (Post 15249772)

Like everything else, we have to see if it was just the Jets being terrible or if he actually declined.

How many elite RBs decline at 27 years old?...that is how old he was last season with the Jets.

Usually, barring catastrophic injuries, they start to slow down around 30.

People are acting like he fell off a cliff and should retire....

DaneMcCloud 10-16-2020 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerok (Post 15249772)

He wasn't "bad" with the Jets, the Jets ****ing suck.

In 2019, Bell had 789 yards rushing, 2 TD's and 66 receptions for 461 yards and 1 TD.

If he can do that for the Chiefs, I'll be absolutely thrilled.

wazu 10-16-2020 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15249672)
Well, certainly not 2018 because he didn't play that year.

I quoted his last season with the Steelers and even the fact that he averaged 90 yards per game with the Jets, the worst team in the league by a wide margin, and all I've heard back is "We'll see".

Look, if Reid can get 90 total yards of offense from Bell and 90 totals yard from CEH, this offense will be on pace to match the 2018 offense.

This move isn't about plugging in a former superstar and expecting him to take over the offense. This move is about a complimentary back to CEH and adding a very versatile player to an offense that already features a lot of versatile players.

Now, maybe Bell absolutely blows up, which would be amazing and awesome for sure. But whatever the case may be, he's at least going to be a great 2nd option for Reid at running back, which is really all anyone can ask for at this point in the season, especially a season as weird as 2020.

Okay, 2019 is what I look at as well. The 3.2 average yards per carry concerns me. I realize it's the Jets, but last time he played for the Steelers he hit exactly 4.0 yards per carry in a nearly ideal scenario that seemed made for him. I do like his receiving ability. My go forward is I'm gonna trust Reid/Veach on this. Unlike McCoy, it isn't some long lost past connection. Hopefully they saw what they wanted on tape that is recent enough to convince them he can fit well and help the team improve.

Chief Roundup 10-16-2020 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 15249678)
I hope he blows up...KC is looking to get some nice comp picks from Watkins, Bell, Breeland and potentially Taco/Okafor.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 15249695)
Why is that funny? Unless you thought I meant Speaks and not Bashaud...

I'll admit the comp formula is convoluted but I dont see KC being big spenders in FA next season.

Does losing these players not account for comp picks? Everyone of these players cost KC nothing but salary...Belichick built a career on accumulating comp picks by letting high-priced players walk.

If you think we get anything for Breeland, Taco and or Okafor you are not thinking clearly.

DaneMcCloud 10-16-2020 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 15249826)
I realize it's the Jets

No, I don't think you do.

The NFL is set up for parity. Every team has the same Salary Cap and nearly the same exact revenue stream (merch can skew that number a bit but it's nothing massive). It takes catastrophic management and ownership to go 0-16.

The Jets are an epic disaster across the board. They need new ownership and a complete reboot. To claim that Bell somehow "slipped" in New York is to completely ignore the chaos around the franchise that's existed for decades. The Jets are heading for 0-16 in an era where every team has a shot at a title with the right personnel, front office and coaching staff.

They suck ass and might go down as the worst team in NFL history, surpassing the 2008 Lions.

BlackOp 10-16-2020 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 15249830)
If you think we get anything for Breeland, Taco and or Okafor you are not thinking clearly.

It depends on how much another team pays them...Taco is only in game 5 of his reclamation project.

We'll see if he does anything that warrants getting decently paid somewhere else.

Corners typically get paid...otherwise KC would just keep him.

wazu 10-16-2020 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15249846)
No, I don't think you do.

The NFL is set up for parity. Every team has the same Salary Cap and nearly the same exact revenue stream (merch can skew that number a bit but it's nothing massive). It takes catastrophic management and ownership to go 0-16.

The Jets are an epic disaster across the board. They need new ownership and a complete reboot. To claim that Bell somehow "slipped" in New York is to completely ignore the chaos around the franchise that's existed for decades. The Jets are heading for 0-16 in an era where every team has a shot at a title with the right personnel, front office and coaching staff.

They suck ass and might go down as the worst team in NFL history, surpassing the 2008 Lions.

The Jets went 7-9 in 2019, though. I'm not looking at anything from 2020.

htismaqe 10-16-2020 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 15249729)
There's a segment who can't get over him sitting out the last franchise year for the Steelers. And won't, ever.

That's OK. Small minds.

They franchised him TWICE. He's a RB. The franchise tag offers zero long-term security.

Somebody already mentioned it - the Titans faced the same situation with Travis Henry, who also happens to be 26, and they paid him.

staylor26 10-16-2020 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15249875)
They franchised him TWICE. He's a RB. The franchise tag offers zero long-term security.

Somebody already mentioned it - the Titans faced the same situation with Travis Henry, who also happens to be 26, and they paid him.

LMAO

htismaqe 10-16-2020 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 15249826)
Okay, 2019 is what I look at as well. The 3.2 average yards per carry concerns me. I realize it's the Jets, but last time he played for the Steelers he hit exactly 4.0 yards per carry in a nearly ideal scenario that seemed made for him. I do like his receiving ability. My go forward is I'm gonna trust Reid/Veach on this. Unlike McCoy, it isn't some long lost past connection. Hopefully they saw what they wanted on tape that is recent enough to convince them he can fit well and help the team improve.

Nobody on that 2019 Jets team even averaged 4 ypc. They average 3.3 ypc as a TEAM. I know you keep bring up Bilal Powell but the dude only had 59 carries. Hardly a statistically significant sample size.

And it's not even that it's the Jets. Adam Gase NEVER wanted Leveon Bell. It was never going to work in NY because of Gase.

htismaqe 10-16-2020 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15249883)
LMAO

DAMMIT!

I did it again!

ChiefBlueCFC 10-16-2020 11:34 AM

THE CHIEFS SHOULD SIGN TRAVIS HENRY!!

DaneMcCloud 10-16-2020 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 15249874)

The Jets didn't beat a single team with a winning record in 2019 until Week 17 against the Bills, who rested their players due to their upcoming WC matchup with the Texans.

The Jets are currently 0-5, with a defense that's already given up 161 points, most in the leauge.

Chief Roundup 10-16-2020 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 15249855)
It depends on how much another team pays them...Taco is only in game 5 of his reclamation project.

We'll see if he does anything that warrants getting decently paid somewhere else.

Corners typically get paid...otherwise KC would just keep him.

Yes it is early that is why we have no idea and history is against Taco bringing us a comp pick.
Nobody wanted that corner last year coming off of very good play in the playoffs and Super Bowl. Doubt that changes this offseason.

htismaqe 10-16-2020 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 15249874)

And Leveon Bell still averaged 83.3 yards per game total.

He was 20th in the league, AMONG ALL PLAYERS, in yards per game.

He had more yards per game than ANYBODY on the entire Chiefs team last year.

BlackOp 10-16-2020 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 15249902)
Yes it is early that is why we have no idea and history is against Taco bringing us a comp pick.
Nobody wanted that corner last year coming off of very good play in the playoffs and Super Bowl. Doubt that changes this offseason.

Breeland got suspended...it's the only reason he's still a Chief.

He hedged for another season...there is a market for him.

It comes down to what you lose vs. what you acquire when figuring the comp formula...and how much the players, you've lost, got paid.

Clark cancelled out losing Houston....

Feel free to correct me if I'm off on how this process works.

I'm also curious if, hypothetically, cheaply acquiring Earl Thomas for a late season SB push...would prove a good investment from a comp pick standpoint. He'll get paid decently next year once he redeems himself.

DaneMcCloud 10-16-2020 11:40 AM

The Jets are so bad that through 5 games, they've only scored 75 points.

The Chiefs have scored 149 points through 5 games.

DaneMcCloud 10-16-2020 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 15249917)
Clark cancelled out losing Houston....

LMAO

No.

The Chiefs were never going to receive a Comp Pick for Frank Clark because he was traded to the Chiefs from Seattle.

The Chiefs were never going to receive a Comp Pick for Justin Houston because he was cut by the Chiefs.

staylor26 10-16-2020 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15249918)
The Jets are so bad that through 5 games, they've only scored 75 points.

The Chiefs have scored 149 points through 5 games.

That team is already bad as it gets, but when they have Flacco as opposed to Darnold, it’s definitely the worst team ever.

BlackOp 10-16-2020 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15249921)
LMAO

No.

The Chiefs were never going to receive a Comp Pick for Frank Clark because he was traded to the Chiefs from Seattle.

The Chiefs were never going to receive a Comp Pick for Justin Houston because he was cut by the Chiefs.

So being cut is calculated different than a contract expiring....much like Bell with the Jets.

They get nothing since he is still under contract and being payed...like KC paying Houston to leave.

Comp picks are only awarded for bonafide FAs with no lingering contractual baggage....like if they signed Thomas for 5 games. Is there a requirement for how long the tenure has to be...before being eligible for compensation?

Iowanian 10-16-2020 12:00 PM

I hope I'm wrong, but I'll go on record as "meh" on this signing.

I know the improvement at RB isn't a bad thing, but I've just never been a big fan of his running style and I don't think it works with this Oline and blocking scheme.

DaneMcCloud 10-16-2020 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15249934)
That team is already bad as it gets, but when they have Flacco as opposed to Darnold, it’s definitely the worst team ever.

I just don't know how they even win a single game this year. They've traded away or cut their best talent, CJ Mosley opted out and their roster mainly consists of garbage players.

It would be shocking if they go 1-15.

CarlosCarson27 10-16-2020 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15249934)

Don't you dare. Flacco is much better than Darnold.
Much better.

MIAdragon 10-16-2020 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 15249965)

I know the improvement at RB isn't a bad thing, but I've just never been a big fan of his running style and I don't think it works with this Oline and blocking scheme.

About where I’m at as well.

staylor26 10-16-2020 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlosCarson88 (Post 15249989)
Don't you dare. Flacco is much better than Darnold.
Much better.

Lol wut? Not even close. Maybe playoff run Flacco, but not Flacco today.

ToxSocks 10-16-2020 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 15249917)

I'm also curious if, hypothetically, cheaply acquiring Earl Thomas for a late season SB push...would prove a good investment from a comp pick standpoint. He'll get paid decently next year once he redeems himself.

Drop the Earl Thomas thing, man.

The dude can't run anymore. He was a liability for the Ravens last season, a cancer for them this season and not deemed worth signing by ANYONE this season.

He's a name. That's it. He can't run anymore and he thinks he's still the same guy from 5-6 years ago.

I'm not interested in another Ron Parker type-liability.

staylor26 10-16-2020 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15249967)
I just don't know how they even win a single game this year. They've traded away or cut their best talent, CJ Mosley opted out and their roster mainly consists of garbage players.

It would be shocking if they go 1-15.

Agreed. They’re a lock for #1 overall. The Giants will beat the Redskins once or twice. And the Falcons will win a game or two when Julio gets healthy.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10-16-2020 12:17 PM

Holy Shit!!

Osemele may not be done for the year. He don’t play this week but there are rumors he may try and play through the injury

htismaqe 10-16-2020 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 15249965)

He had 66 receptions for 461 yards last year.

He would have been the 4th-best receiver (after Sammy Watkins) on a Chiefs team that is loaded with pass catchers.

As a RB, he's a backup. Nothing more. As a pass catcher, he's a potential difference maker, especially considering Sammy Watkins is out for a bit.

You gotta look at the big picture.

Hammock Parties 10-16-2020 12:27 PM

LE'VEON BELL DESTROYS THE NEW YORK JETS

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NsTsUNLgfYc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

CarlosCarson27 10-16-2020 12:30 PM

You need a fresh mop.
The jizz just keeps coming....

TEX 10-16-2020 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 15250004)
Holy Shit!!

Osemele may not be done for the year. He don’t play this week but there are rumors he may try and play through the injury

Why would the Chiefs want him to play like that? A 300lb + lineman playing on two bad knees can not be good for #15. :shrug:

dlphg9 10-16-2020 12:41 PM

I was not at all excited about LeSean McCoy last year, because I just felt like he hit that wall that RBs hit and he was done. I am stoked for Bell and think that he can look like his old self.

Mccoy was 31 when he signed here and had already had 2300+ carries and just under 500 receptions. That's just below 3000 touches. That's a shit ton.

Leveon Bell on the other hand is only 28 and has significantly less wear and tear than McCoy had. He has under 1400 carries and under 400 receptions. He has about 1000 less touches than McCoy and is still in his prime technically.

TEX 10-16-2020 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15249995)
Drop the Earl Thomas thing, man.

The dude can't run anymore. He was a liability for the Ravens last season, a cancer for them this season and not deemed worth signing by ANYONE this season.

He's a name. That's it. He can't run anymore and he thinks he's still the same guy from 5-6 years ago.

I'm not interested in another Ron Parker type-liability.

Yep. He couln't run last year...

siberian khatru 10-16-2020 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 15250048)
I was not at all excited about LeSean McCoy last year, because I just felt like he hit that wall that RBs hit and he was done. I am stoked for Bell and think that he can look like his old self.

Mccoy was 31 when he signed here and had already had 2300+ carries and just under 500 receptions. That's just below 3000 touches. That's a shit ton.

Leveon Bell on the other hand is only 28 and has significantly less wear and tear than McCoy had. He has under 1400 carries and under 400 receptions. He has about 1000 less touches than McCoy and is still in his prime technically.

In hindsight, holding out a year after he had 400+ carries/receptions might've been the best thing for Bell. Gave his body time to recharge.

Dunerdr 10-16-2020 12:47 PM

Osmele returns later this season? Reid didnt say he was done, no IR move and he posted a pic of himself at the gym yesterday.

wazu 10-16-2020 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunerdr (Post 15250062)
Osmele returns later this season? Reid didnt say he was done, no IR move and he posted a pic of himself at the gym yesterday.

Yeah the pic in the gym was interesting for a guy who it sounds like tore every ligament in his body on one play.

gblowfish 10-16-2020 12:48 PM

I think this is a great move. CEH is a rookie and isn't used to the wear and tear of a 16 game plus playoffs NFL season. If Bell can give us 10 quality touches a game, that would be tremendous.

Dunerdr 10-16-2020 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 15250065)
Yeah the pic in the gym was interesting for a guy who it sounds like tore every ligament in his body on one play.

How wild would it be if hes ready to go for the playoffs?
Then rankin takes over for wylie and all of a sudden we havea competent line again.

Iowanian 10-16-2020 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15250006)
He had 66 receptions for 461 yards last year.

He would have been the 4th-best receiver (after Sammy Watkins) on a Chiefs team that is loaded with pass catchers.

As a RB, he's a backup. Nothing more. As a pass catcher, he's a potential difference maker, especially considering Sammy Watkins is out for a bit.

You gotta look at the big picture.

To be clear, I'm hoping for the best outcome and that I feel like an idiot for questioning the signing. It can't hurt anything for sure, so I understand the upside.

pugsnotdrugs19 10-16-2020 01:01 PM

I wonder if KO is sitting there saying, I’m retiring after this year no matter what, might as well play if at all possible...

But I don’t know how that would be possible if he’s blown out two knees.

Wisconsin_Chief 10-16-2020 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 15250065)

Did they ever actually specify what he tore in his knees?

I honestly assumed his career was over. If he comes back this season he’s truly a god damn machine.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10-16-2020 01:23 PM

What kind of braces do they got for Osemele? I’d rest him up and have him play in the playoffs. Rankin will be ready way before then

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10-16-2020 01:24 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I asked Andy Reid specifically about this yesterday. Reid said they&#39;re still exploring options. <a href="https://t.co/3iRT31oEgv">https://t.co/3iRT31oEgv</a></p>&mdash; Herbie Teope (@HerbieTeope) <a href="https://twitter.com/HerbieTeope/status/1317146247791345664?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 16, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

CarlosCarson27 10-16-2020 01:55 PM

South park- Weiner weiner weiner weiner weiner))))))

Chiefsplanet- jizz jizz jizz jizz jizz jizz jizzzz

TribalElder 10-16-2020 02:09 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Someone is ready to <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/RunItBack?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#RunItBack</a> �� <a href="https://t.co/zRJU1SqEeQ">pic.twitter.com/zRJU1SqEeQ</a></p>&mdash; Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs/status/1317194705638219779?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 16, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

seaofred 10-16-2020 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunerdr (Post 15250062)

This year, isn't IR only 3 weeks? So are they thinking he could be back sooner than 3 weeks?

htismaqe 10-16-2020 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seaofred (Post 15250375)
This year, isn't IR only 3 weeks? So are they thinking he could be back sooner than 3 weeks?

They haven't even put him on IR yet.

Mecca 10-16-2020 02:47 PM

It makes you wonder what he tore if they think he can come back.

pugsnotdrugs19 10-16-2020 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15250424)
It makes you wonder what he tore if they think he can come back.

To my knowledge, the only tendons in the knee are the quadriceps and patellar... no way you could play if they were ruptured. But maybe they’re small tears?

Mecca 10-16-2020 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 15250435)
To my knowledge, the only tendons in the knee are the quadriceps and patellar... no way you could play if they were ruptured. But maybe they’re small tears?

You have a hamstring tendon in there also, I ruptured that one but at the hip.

seaofred 10-16-2020 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15250405)
They haven't even put him on IR yet.

That's my point. They haven't put him on IR, so are they thinking he will be back in less than 3 weeks?

pugsnotdrugs19 10-16-2020 03:23 PM

I’m just thinking in my head about some of the ways they can use both Clyde and Lev at once. Picture this:

Empty formation. Motion Clyde out far left to the sideline, Bell far right to that sideline. Kelce inside, Tyreek (Left) and Sammy (Right) in the slots.

Mahomes instantly can see it’s zone because they will have CBs lined over Bell and Clyde, because no one can try to man cover that group. And if they do, just pick your matchup cause 3 of the guys in red are getting open. At least.

From there you’ve got major speed threats, major YAC threats. Hill and Watkins lined up on nickel CBs and safeties. Mahomes can just take what they give and trust it will result in 5+.

Kiimo 10-16-2020 03:35 PM

Meniscus?

In58men 10-16-2020 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 15250506)
Meniscus?

I had my meniscus repaired and went back to work (oil fields) in 3 weeks, full duty.

Chief Roundup 10-16-2020 04:08 PM

Sure hope this works out. I am not sure it will. Might be on par with the McCoy signing last season. It sure could be a lot better though.

Chief Roundup 10-16-2020 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15250024)
LE'VEON BELL DESTROYS THE NEW YORK JETS

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NsTsUNLgfYc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sure wish we still had Wisniewski, LDT and Schwartz playing to last years level.

DaneMcCloud 10-16-2020 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 15250565)
Sure wish we still had Wisniewski

Being better than bad doesn't make him good.

The guy has had 27 starts in past 5 years or 27 out of 80.

He's a JAG.

He's better than Cam Erving or Wylie but he's still a JAG.

eDave 10-16-2020 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 15250544)
Sure hope this works out. I am not sure it will. Might be on par with the McCoy signing last season. It sure could be a lot better though.

There's really nothing to support your lack of confidence here.

New World Order 10-16-2020 04:20 PM

So his first game with us will be against the Broncos

That will be a good warm-up game for him.

Kiimo 10-16-2020 04:22 PM

McCoy was washed years before we got him. Bell is not washed.

Chief Roundup 10-16-2020 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 15250577)
There's really nothing to support your lack of confidence here.

He has not been the same since he left the Steelers for various reasons. No that team is not good but he was brought in to make them better and he did not.

Chief Roundup 10-16-2020 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15250575)
Being better than bad doesn't make him good.

The guy has had 27 starts in past 5 years or 27 out of 80.

He's a JAG.

He's better than Cam Erving or Wylie but he's still a JAG.

My comment was more about how that line in his video game is no comparison to the line we have now as a whole.

DaneMcCloud 10-16-2020 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 15250595)
My comment was more about how that line in his video game is no comparison to the line we have now as a whole.

Wisnewski wasn't as good as Osemele and Wylie and LDT are just about dead even.

Schwartz is playing through injury, which makes the right side of the line look worse than it should this year.

Wisnewski started two regular season games last year by the time he got the nod, so it's not like the Chiefs lost some awesome 16 or 19 game starter.

Chief Roundup 10-16-2020 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15250611)
Wisnewski wasn't as good as Osemele and Wylie and LDT are just about dead even.

Schwartz is playing through injury, which makes the right side of the line look worse than it should this year.

Wisnewski started two regular season games last year by the time he got the nod, so it's not like the Chiefs lost some awesome 16 or 19 game starter.

That may be but this line today is not near as good as that line was at the end of last year. Maybe/Hopefully they can get there.

DaneMcCloud 10-16-2020 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 15250616)
That may be but this line today is not near as good as that line was at the end of last year. Maybe/Hopefully they can get there.

They've already had 4 different guys at guard this season and Schwartz is playing injured, so it's really not that much different than last year, other than the fact that Fisher has started all 5 games this season.

I think people have forgotten how truly awful the line was during the first 8 games of the 2019 season.

The running game was shit, too.

lcarus 10-16-2020 05:05 PM

I just saw the Pat McAfee show clip of them talking about Bell going to the Chiefs. It's funny how jealous people are starting to get about the "rich get richer" situation we have going on here. **** em all to hell. We suffered a lot of heartbreak to get to this point.

Now they're talking about how Antonio Brown is eligible after week 8 and "the Chiefs will probably get him too" lmao. I know that won't happen though. Or will it.....

Kiimo 10-16-2020 05:08 PM

I think a lot of people think Bell is like Antonio Brown.

Antonio Brown is not only a legit crazy person he's also still under investigation for more than one sexual assault.

Bell just sat out a year rather than sign a shitty contract and get run into the ground. He's not AB.

Hog's Gone Fishin 10-16-2020 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 15250656)

Antonio Brown is not only a legit crazy person he's also still under investigation for more than one sexual assault.

Bell just sat out a year rather than sign a shitty contract and get run into the ground. He's not AB.

Bullshit!

St. Patty's Fire 10-16-2020 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 15250656)

Ya acting like he and Brown are on the same level in terms of how much of a “cancer” they were is ridiculous. Brown belongs in a mental institution. Bell is kinda a diva. There is no comparison.

FloridaMan88 10-16-2020 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 15250544)

Bell has 9 career fumbles (none since 2017)... McCoy has 25 career fumbles.

Megatron96 10-16-2020 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 15250682)
Bell has 9 career fumbles (none since 2017)... McCoy has 25 career fumbles.

Bell fumbled once in 2019.

Not sure why we're trying to compare McCoy and Bell anyway, at least how you're trying to here.

Bell didn't even play in 2018, so saying he hasn't fumbled since 2017 is misleading, nevermind the fact that he did fumble the ball in 2019.

htismaqe 10-16-2020 05:58 PM

Better comparison.

McCoy - 1 fumble every 120 touches for his career.

Bell - 1 fumble every 200 touches for his career.

Bell is dramatically better at ball security.

htismaqe 10-16-2020 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 15250616)

Like Dane said, it's week 6. This team was sucking wind in week 6 last year, especially the offensive line.

Maybe people have forgotten how bad the middle part of the season was last year? At one point the Raiders and Chiefs were tied atop the AFCW at 6-4.

Megatron96 10-16-2020 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15250756)
Better comparison.

McCoy - 1 fumble every 120 touches for his career.

Bell - 1 fumble every 200 touches for his career.

Bell is dramatically better at ball security.

Compare McCoy's fumble rate vs. the top 10 or 15 RBs all-time. He's demonstrated better ball security than all of them.

BWillie 10-16-2020 06:03 PM

I just don't want Andy falling into the trap of running more on 1st down. Im most interested in what Bell can do for the passing game since hes effective lining up as a WR option as well.

htismaqe 10-16-2020 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 15250762)
I just don't want Andy falling into the trap of running more on 1st down. Im most interested in what Bell can do for the passing game since hes effective lining up as a WR option as well.

https://external-content.duckduckgo....gif&f=1&nofb=1