ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   ****OFFICIAL 2019 Saccopoo CP Mock Draft Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=321710)

kccrow 03-19-2019 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 14169283)
Really hope for the Chiefs sake, the board doesn't end up falling like this in real life, lmao.

Chiefs would probably be wise to try and trade down if they can.

Would Jaylon Ferguson, Amani Oruwariye or Charles Omenihu (sp?) be considered a reach at #29?

See inside the spoiler... because the whiny bitches. :P
Spoiler!

RunKC 03-19-2019 08:50 PM

There’s a really good talent on the board for us, DJ.

Spoiler!

Mother****erJones 03-19-2019 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 14143428)
No way Joejuan goes R1, not after running slow at the combine especially

He ran fine for his size.

Willie Lanier 03-19-2019 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 14169431)
See inside the spoiler... because the whiny bitches. :P
Spoiler!

Really? You see oruwariye as a borderline 1st kind of guy?

I like his upside a lot, but I can understand your reasoning for trepidation...

This entire draft class has been nearly impossible to grade for me; there's a lot of talented players with high bust potential and sizable amout of overachievers with limited ceilings

RealSNR 03-20-2019 05:33 AM

I hate to do it in the first round like this, but technically it's been 12 hours.

Sfeihc PM'd me his next pick, so I'll give Marco Polo some time to wake up. Will get this thing back on track probably around 9 or so if he doesn't show up by then.

RealSNR 03-20-2019 08:08 AM

Mike Mayock recalls the time he saw Denny Green and company for Minnesota deliberately drop a few spots in the 1st round to select Kevin Williams just to save cap space on their 1st round pick. In doing so, that inadvertently gives Jon Gruden an idea. Mark Davis, being as poor as he is, loves this plan, too. We (or Adam Schefter) will keep you updated the instant we learn the Raiders decide to actually make their pick.

In the meantime, the Los Diego Soccer Stadium Chargers are on the clock, and are about to make their selection. Nobody cheers or boos because nobody cares about them.

The Los Angeles Chargers select Jeffery Simmons, DT, Mississippi State

Hoover 03-20-2019 08:10 AM

Chiefs look rattled. Andy Reid has BBQ sauce on his fingers as the team goes on the clock!

DJ's left nut 03-20-2019 08:17 AM

The paramedics finally kick the door in to the Chiefs draft room, expecting to find the body of Brett Veach after calls have gone un-returned through the entire draft.

Instead they find only a hungover GM and a slew of empty liquor bottles. After waiving smelling salts and fresh coffee under his nose, he mumbles....

"Goddammit Tyreek...stop sticking your dick in cra...what, what? Where am I?"

Reid: "You're in Nasvhille and we're on the clock..."

"****!"

Veach runs into the draftroom and looks at his draft board.

".........."
{lights self on fire, runs screaming from room, Reid chases}

Spags picks up a pen and a notecard. Bienemy does the same. Both furiously scribbling they run towards the podium to drop it off. Their feet get tangled and two cards fly through the air, one flutters hopelessly to the ground, the other lands at the feet of a thoroughly confused NFL commissioner.

Goodell picks up the card at his feet and makes the announcement.

"With the 29th pick in the NFL Draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select..."

Garrett Bradbury, C - NC State

And nobody smiles.

O.city 03-20-2019 08:22 AM

I wouldn't be upset with it.

TambaBerry 03-20-2019 08:24 AM

WHAT THE **** IS THAT SHIT PICK

DJ's left nut 03-20-2019 08:24 AM

Guys, I hate to do this to any of you but he's the last genuinely standout talent left on the board regardless of position. I'd considered Simmons because he's probably the best pure talent but let's be honest - this organization is not going to take Simmons right now.

And there are a couple other guys I considered who I may discuss if/when they get taken. But ultimately they ended up in the same tier of pretty solid mid-second round prospects who probably aren't quite to the level of genuinely excellent possible players. They're guys I don't expect to have a shot at in the 2nd and would've taken in the 1st if I had to (would've tiered by need at that point), but they aren't truly standout on their own.

Bradbury is the best C prospect in this draft. And he's a guy that can develop an excellent rapport with our franchise QB for the next 5 years. He's a potential 1st year Pro Bowl player and there's nothing sexy about the pick, but it makes some sense given the depth at other critical positions.

C is getting damn expensive in FA now so the positional value is starting to come into play a little bit. And with more teams looking to push the middle of the pocket than ever, not to mention the necessity of the quick passing game, keeping guys from blowing up the center of your line is more critical than ever.

I would've literally hung my head and shuffled my feet as I made this pick. I don't like anything about doing it. But from a purely utilitarian standpoint, it is the pick to make.

I apologize to Chiefs nation and will go pour my bowl of anti-freeze now.

pugsnotdrugs19 03-20-2019 08:27 AM

Given the board, I’d be just fine with that pick. Protecting Mahomes is never a bad idea.

O.city 03-20-2019 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14170060)
Guys, I hate to do this to any of you but he's the last genuinely standout talent left on the board regardless of position. I'd considered Simmons because he's probably the best pure talent but let's be honest - this organization is not going to take Simmons right now.

And there are a couple other guys I considered who I may discuss if/when they get taken. But ultimately they ended up in the same tier of pretty solid mid-round prospects who probably aren't quite to the level of genuinely excellent possible players.

Bradbury is the best C prospect in this draft. And he's a guy that can develop an excellent rapport with our franchise QB for the next 5 years. He's a potential 1st year Pro Bowl player and there's nothing sexy about the pick, but it makes some sense given the depth at other critical positions.

C is getting damn expensive in FA now so the positional value is starting to come into play a little bit. And with more teams looking to push the middle of the pocket than ever, not to mention the necessity of the quick passing game, keeping guys from blowing up the center of your line is more critical than ever.

I would've literally hung my head and shuffled my feet as I made this pick. I don't like anything about doing it. But from a purely utilitarian standpoint, it is the pick to make.

I apologize to Chiefs nation and will go pour my bowl of anti-freeze now.

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/31lPv5L3aIvTi" width="480" height="364" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/friends-excited-31lPv5L3aIvTi">via GIPHY</a></p>

It's not sexy, but you've got sexy under center. You need nasty now.

The thing with Mahomes is that as his pocket ability gets more refined, I think tackles will become less important. He can move up and around in the pocket if the tackles aren't pristine. He can't do much if the center is getting blown out.

At the end of the first rounds, you aren't going to get blue chip guys at the top positions. But when you can get one at any spot there, you do it.

KC_Lee 03-20-2019 08:29 AM

With finally having a sexy pick in PMII an un-sexy OL pick is fine. Just keep Veech away from lower Broadway in Nashville and we'll be fine.

CoMoChief 03-20-2019 08:32 AM

jfc thats a terrible pick