ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs sign UDFA Justyn Ross (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=343675)

teedubya 08-03-2023 08:03 AM

I love the idea of Mahomes having a 6'4 fast dude to throw to... I think Ross might be why we passed up on DHop. Ross has shown flashes of beast-mode brilliance. I hope it translates to gameplay and he can stay healthy.

el borracho 08-03-2023 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 17040809)
Sources confirm this could be true!!!

A definite maybe! 100% possible!

tredadda 08-03-2023 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 17040809)
Sources confirm this could be true!!!

And 60% of the time they are never wrong.

Womble 08-03-2023 11:31 AM

It's clear he's going to cook this year. The real question is what's he cooking?

a) Medium rare kobe fillet steak.
b) Cincinnati chilli.

Only time will tell.

crispystl 08-03-2023 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 17040864)
Come November/December if we are trotting out some combination of Rice, Ross, and Moore as our top three receivers... something that is entirely possible on this 3rd day of August... look out NFL.

Yeah man if all three of those guy can play...and the new tackles are as good as billed, then this team is gonna be REALY REALLY good.

Pitt Gorilla 08-03-2023 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 17041033)
I love the idea of Mahomes having a 6'4 fast dude to throw to... I think Ross might be why we passed up on DHop. Ross has shown flashes of beast-mode brilliance. I hope it translates to gameplay and he can stay healthy.

This was my argument from the beginning on DHop; if we signed him, one of our young guys would have to go. I didn't understand the desire to see that happen.

Chris Meck 08-03-2023 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 17041033)

Impossible.

I read right here that Ross ran a 4.8 in high school, so he's not an NFL caliber athlete.

Oh, and the 4.6 on a broken foot, that too means he's slow even if he's healthy.

So that's just impossible. Sorry, cut him, and move along. Nothing to see here.

Kiimo 08-03-2023 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 17041914)
Impossible.

I read right here that Ross ran a 4.8 in high school, so he's not an NFL caliber athlete.

Oh, and the 4.6 on a broken foot, that too means he's slow even if he's healthy.

don't forget his bad vertical

dlphg9 08-03-2023 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 17041914)
Impossible.

I hope to God I'm the most wrong I've ever been about something in my life when it comes to him, but some good training camp highlights means nothing. I haven't listened much this year, but is there buzz coming from the coaches day after day like with Pacheco? If so I'll believe the hype.

And it was a 4.9 40 I believe.

Chris Meck 08-03-2023 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 17042050)
I hope to God I'm the most wrong I've ever been about something in my life when it comes to him, but some good training camp highlights means nothing. I haven't listened much this year, but is there buzz coming from the coaches day after day like with Pacheco? If so I'll believe the hype.

You are wrong, and you have angered the gods! You must atone!

:thumb:

BWillie 08-03-2023 05:40 PM

I'm on board with Ross. He can't be any more injury prone than Toney.

Chris Meck 08-03-2023 05:41 PM

My only problem is that I can't decide if I'm more excited about Rice or Ross. And Moore, who I think will probably be less exciting but more just a steady first down machine.

In58men 08-03-2023 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 17042071)
My only problem is that I can't decide if I'm more excited about Rice or Ross. And Moore, who I think will probably be less exciting but more just a steady first down machine.

I just want to see Ross score his first NFL TD. I’m gonna lose my shit.

Been a fan of his since college.

Kiimo 08-03-2023 05:45 PM

Quote:

Ross highlights happen multiple times a day, every practice.

also if he runs a 4.9 how does he get open every play

RealSNR 08-03-2023 05:52 PM

Quote:

Mahomes targets him all the time in practice.

And when Ross is running with the 2s, Gabbert targets him constantly as well.

All I'm saying is he's on the 53. He's not Daurice Fountain or Fred Williams or any other chuckle**** who just had an okay play or two and then turned on the jets in the last preseason game or two against backups.

I don't know what else he does from there, but reports are now also saying Toub is integrating him on special teams a lot more. If he does a decent job THERE, I think it's not a matter of whether the Chiefs will keep 7 WRs, because Ross is straight up going to take somebody's job (probably Watson)