ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Shooting at the parade (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352344)

PAChiefsGuy 02-15-2024 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 17404250)
From the photos we've seen and the sound of the gunfire, one of these weapons, at least, was a Glock Switch. It's not hard at all to convert a Glock into an automatic weapon, but your typical gun owner doesn't do it because it's illegal. Gang members don't give a shit about being illegal. Premeditated mass shooters go to ARs because they're legal and can do maximum damage in a short amount of time. Mass shooters typically acquire them legally because they plan on dying and don't care about traceability.

I also think it's important to remember that the dudes who did this yesterday were not born evil. They are a product of a city and an environment that has left them with little-to-no options in life outside of street life. An environment that glorifies gun violence and celebrates shooting those you disagree with.

Until we decide to squash that ecosystem, no amount of gun control is going to do shit.

There's plenty of ppl who grow up in bad environments and turn out fine. I don't want to get into nature vs nurture debate on here too much but I get sick of hearing this ' it's the environment, let's feel sorry for these guys.,' crap.

Although growing up in a bad neighborhood or w bad parents obviously doesn't help things certain people clearly are more likely to be violent than others. Some ppl are simply evil and they need to be treated as such.

Pablo 02-15-2024 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 17405217)
People from the suburbs with little to no experience living or spending a lot of time in a more densely populated area are not quite as understanding how it’s possible or simply don’t realize that really nice and not so nice areas can be in such close proximity to one another and it’s relatively normal. They are used to more space and as such more gradual transitions in quality of neighborhoods and surroundings.

But honestly in your particular area which seems to have a lot of French people, I think people are right to worry about going there due to the risk of Germans invading.

Correct

I have to work in the city. And my drive in from the burbs gets gradually more shitty the further I get from home.

I go 6 blocks from my house and I’m just gonna see more nice neighborhoods. I go 6 blocks from my office and I’m gonna find abject poverty.

We all just assume the entirety of Denver proper is a shithole because they support the broncos. And we’re probably right

IowaHawkeyeChief 02-15-2024 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 17405210)
Mods I don't want to cross any lines so if I do or come close let me know but I live here in MO and had no idea about this and since the perps were juvies I find it very relevant.

I just read it is legal here in MO to open carry as a minor and there was a bill voted on last year in the state legislature to try to make it illegal but it didn't pass.

Here in MO you can't get a drivers license until you are 18, can't drink until 21 but gosh darn you can open carry at 10.

This state man. wtf..

You can't have a fully auto gun or can you conceal and carry in a backpack

stevieray 02-15-2024 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 17405243)

We all just assume the entirety of Denver proper is a shithole because they support the broncos. And we’re probably right

LMAO

Rain Man 02-15-2024 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 17405243)
Correct

I have to work in the city. And my drive in from the burbs gets gradually more shitty the further I get from home.

I go 6 blocks from my house and I’m just gonna see more nice neighborhoods. I go 6 blocks from my office and I’m gonna find abject poverty.

The broncos' headquarters? It's in the suburbs. It's not in Denver.

Pablo 02-15-2024 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 17405305)
The broncos' headquarters? It's in the suburbs. It's not in Denver.

It's in the name Rainman.

You live in enemy territory and there's no convincing most of us you aren't posting from a tent/mudhut in Rocky Mountain Mogadishu.

Why Not? 02-15-2024 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerryaldini (Post 17405233)
Thanks for sharing that, it was great by all three. For those who would use the shooting to tar KC, I appreciate Brou speaking to that.

Wildes was heartfelt, and the undeniable truth is that young people today have inherited a darker reality on this topic than we grew up with, regardless of what you might believe the causes are.

As far as Nick, he's speaking in the context of being a dad acknowledging the risk to innocent kids and the psychological impact even on those who are otherwise unharmed. You can disagree with his solution but not the grief. They all handled it very professionally, and it's not like they could just ignore it since they were there. The authenticity and transparency were evident.

Yeah I thought they did a great job. When they rushed off the stage yesterday, that's when I knew it was real and used that as my cue to bail as well. Got pretty teary eyed listening to Nick today. He loves this city so much.

PAChiefsGuy 02-15-2024 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comochiefsfan (Post 17403777)
Its like every big city nowadays. Some nice, typically gentrified, areas and then a lot of crumbling infrastructure infested with poverty and violence.

I actually think KC has done a decent enough job compared to many other cities.

Driving through St. Louis on I-70 north of the Arch looks like bombed out Afghanistan. It’s insane.

KC looks like the Emerald City in comparison.

You should see what Kensington looks like in Philly. It's almost like a third-world country

stevieray 02-15-2024 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 17405308)
It's in the name Rainman.

You live in enemy territory and there's no convincing most of us you aren't posting from a tent/mudhut in Rocky Mountain Mogadishu.

IIRC, It's called Dove Valley.

The Denver Doves.

ghak99 02-15-2024 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 17405210)
Mods I don't want to cross any lines so if I do or come close let me know but I live here in MO and had no idea about this and since the perps were juvies I find it very relevant.

I just read it is legal here in MO to open carry as a minor and there was a bill voted on last year in the state legislature to try to make it illegal but it didn't pass.

Here in MO you can't get a drivers license until you are 18, can't drink until 21 but gosh darn you can open carry at 10.

This state man. wtf..

Hunting requires open carry. Minors hunt.

Was the law going to walk all over a something law abiding citizens regularly participate in?

Indian Chief 02-15-2024 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 17405325)
You should see what Kensington looks like in Philly. It's almost like a third-world country

Yeah, it actually reminds me.of Belize City which was an eye opening experience. I think the average person doesn't really know what's out there unless you push outside of whatever ecosystem you live in. It's not a judgement, just observation over the years.

The Franchise 02-15-2024 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghak99 (Post 17405341)
Hunting requires open carry. Minors hunt.

Was the law going to walk all over a something law abiding citizens regularly participate in?

You can always pass a law that bans open carry in schools, courthouses and government buildings like Oregon has.

DrunkBassGuitar 02-15-2024 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 17405093)
It is generally the mantra of "some" that think we just dismiss the action of a gunman by offering T's & P's instead of actually trying to solve the "gun problem". The laughable part of that is that I don't think anyone is asking the Baltimore Ravens Organization to actually solve the gun issue, so what's the problem with them sending their T's & P's?

Yeah, the Ravens or McDuffie can't fix anything, them saying "this is sad someone needs to do something" is fine. I get mad when someone in a position of power does it.

And like I'm not arguing for a particular policy, not trying to start a gun control debate. I'm just saying it's pretty obnoxious when like a senator or the president sees a problem and then is like man someone should do something about this

Rain Man 02-15-2024 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indian Chief (Post 17405342)
Yeah, it actually reminds me.of Belize City which was an eye opening experience. I think the average person doesn't really know what's out there unless you push outside of whatever ecosystem you live in. It's not a judgement, just observation over the years.

I think the most downtrodden place I've ever visited was Varanasi, India. I would've washed my hands constantly if I could've found any clean water.

It made me curious what the life expectancy is there, and it's the lowest in India. It's in Uttar Pradesh state:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...tancy_at_birth

It's actually still higher than I expected at roughly 67. I was expecting it to be in the 50s. Man, that place was rough.

IowaHawkeyeChief 02-15-2024 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 17405151)
First Things First from today. I’m sure Nick will get all kinds of hate now.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ANAW4M...hpbmdzIGZpcnN0

Yea, Nick has passion, but his anger is misdirected.