ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football FedEx asks Redskins to change name (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=332194)

Rasputin 07-14-2020 03:16 AM

I'm offended by the name FedEx. My ex got plenty of money to feed herself from child support and left me homeless when I couldn't afford a place to live and she went on vacations. Ex got fed well.

Sassy Squatch 07-14-2020 06:08 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The warped and toxic culture of the Washington Football Team is about to be exposed in a sickening fashion ... Again</p>&mdash; Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) <a href="https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/1283170652250419200?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 14, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

GloryDayz 07-14-2020 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15067250)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The warped and toxic culture of the Washington Football Team is about to be exposed in a sickening fashion ... Again</p>&mdash; Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) <a href="https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/1283170652250419200?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 14, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

:popcorn:

Let's hope the owner has decided to do something that'll piss-off all the SJWs.

TwistedChief 07-14-2020 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 15067280)
:popcorn:

Let's hope the owner has decided to do something that'll piss-off all the SJWs.

Absolutely. Snyder donated over $1mm to Trump and Trump said Snyder is a "really good guy." Let's see just what good stuff Snyder's organization was involved in.

:popcorn: indeed

Dante84 07-14-2020 07:20 PM

https://nflupdate.co/something-bad-i...in-washington/

Sassy Squatch 07-14-2020 07:27 PM

Yeah, there's a ton of smoke about an expose by the Washington Post.

Rain Man 07-14-2020 07:30 PM

It sounds really bad. Based on the tone, I'm wondering if they gave Haskins a long-term contract or something.

Sassy Squatch 07-14-2020 07:34 PM

It's depressing and hilarious that quite a few Redskins fans hope whatever this ends up being is bad enough to force Snyder to sell the team.

Hammock Parties 07-15-2020 08:39 AM

I hope it's the Washington Republicans LMAO

OrtonsPiercedTaint 07-15-2020 09:50 AM

Dirty Dan will be eclipsed by Disgusting Dan.

ToxSocks 07-15-2020 09:53 AM

Quote:

LMAO

This is gonna be sooooo good.

Don't let us down, Snyder.

ToxSocks 07-15-2020 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15067377)
Yeah, there's a ton of smoke about an expose by the Washington Post.

It better not be that shit about the original owner's racist past.

That song has been sung already.

The Franchise 07-15-2020 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15068047)
LMAO

This is gonna be sooooo good.

Don't let us down, Snyder.

I hope he changes the name to the Washington Football Team. Just a football as a logo.

Sassy Squatch 07-15-2020 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15068050)
It better not be that shit about the original owner's racist past.

That song has been sung already.

Nah, it's something to do with those two executives that got fired.

RealSNR 07-15-2020 10:26 AM

Quote:

https://media0.giphy.com/media/HQRgg...ized-large.gif

dirk digler 07-15-2020 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15067394)
It's depressing and hilarious that quite a few Redskins fans hope whatever this ends up being is bad enough to force Snyder to sell the team.

That would be the best outcome. Next to the Bengals owner he is the worst owner in the NFL IMHO.

Gravedigger 07-15-2020 10:43 AM

I do love all these pandering media talking heads that for years, went along with the Washington Redskins, said their name all the time, talked about Jason Campbell, RG3, Kirk Cousins, Alex Smith, Albert Haynesworth, Sean Taylor, and pretty much any major storyline out there while beginning with "The Washington Redskins..." Now are pure of heart, saying "Shame on you!" to Dan Snyder, refuse to say the team name of Redskins, and call people ignorant for now saying it. You're not better than someone else because you refuse to say a name that became a hot button topic a few weeks ago. I'm for the name change, just tired of the sorry asses that pretend they were this way all along. I don't want to have to go through all the footage to prove them wrong, but they know who they are. Max Kellerman is the one I saw yesterday, on a video saying "Shame on you Dan Snyder!"

I wish people were smart enough to think for themselves. To understand pandering and bullshit, on both sides. Call a spade a spade and don't pretend you're better than others based on your newfound group you joined.

Great8 07-15-2020 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15068075)
Nah, it's something to do with those two executives that got fired.

This is totally unsubstantiated at this point, but the rumor floating around here in the DC area is it has something to do with sex work and cheerleaders.
Again, I have no idea if there is any truth to this whatsoever, just what the whispers are around here.

And I am in no way a redskin fan, so take it for what it's worth. I just live here.

Rain Man 07-15-2020 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great8 (Post 15068155)
This is totally unsubstantiated at this point, but the rumor floating around here in the DC area is it has something to do with sex work and cheerleaders.
Again, I have no idea if there is any truth to this whatsoever, just what the whispers are around here.

And I am in no way a redskin fan, so take it for what it's worth. I just live here.

If that's true, I bet they have to pull "Washington Sex Workers" out of the pool of new names. That's too bad, because the fight song would have been excellent.

TwistedChief 07-15-2020 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 15068154)
I do love all these pandering media talking heads that for years, went along with the Washington Redskins, said their name all the time, talked about Jason Campbell, RG3, Kirk Cousins, Alex Smith, Albert Haynesworth, Sean Taylor, and pretty much any major storyline out there while beginning with "The Washington Redskins..." Now are pure of heart, saying "Shame on you!" to Dan Snyder, refuse to say the team name of Redskins, and call people ignorant for now saying it. You're not better than someone else because you refuse to say a name that became a hot button topic a few weeks ago. I'm for the name change, just tired of the sorry asses that pretend they were this way all along. I don't want to have to go through all the footage to prove them wrong, but they know who they are. Max Kellerman is the one I saw yesterday, on a video saying "Shame on you Dan Snyder!"

I wish people were smart enough to think for themselves. To understand pandering and bullshit, on both sides. Call a spade a spade and don't pretend you're better than others based on your newfound group you joined.

I totally understand the point you're making, but I think there's a bit of a difference. I never once gave the Redskins name a second thought nor did I think their logo was racist. It just never even really entered my stream of conscious as they were just a football team with that name as you are named Josh or Craig or Michael or whatever. It just was what it was.

The difference with Snyder is that - as owner of the team - he had obviously been presented time and time again with a more in-depth understanding of the racist/offensive connotations of the name. And not only did he ignore it, but he aggressively pushed back. 'NEVER.'

Now that I've had some time to think beyond the surface of the name, I can see how it's offensive and how a change might be necessary. And I think the vast majority of the people who now think it should be changed aren't hypocrites or sheep but rather those who just didn't give the issue too much thought. And that's a function of the world that most people live in which doesn't really intersect with Native Americans.

I've personally learned a lot over the past few months regarding these issues which I had never given thought to before. And I'm not ashamed to admit that.

crazycoffey 07-15-2020 11:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here you go

Great8 07-15-2020 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 15068189)
If that's true, I bet they have to pull "Washington Sex Workers" out of the pool of new names. That's too bad, because the fight song would have been excellent.

It seems pretty far fetched to me that two front office guys would be that dumb, but it would be a good story if true.

DaneMcCloud 07-15-2020 11:14 AM

Quote:

I do love all these pandering media talking heads that for years, went along with the Washington Redskins,

Peter King and Sports Illustrated stopped printing the name Redskins back in 2013 and Mike Florio at PFT stopped using it years and years ago, too.

There are plenty of sportswriters that refused to use their mascot in print or video in the past decade.

DaneMcCloud 07-15-2020 11:18 AM

Quote:

This is ****ing horseshit.

Their name has been an issue going back to the 80's but those people didn't give a flying **** whether or not they "offended" a minority group of people.

And now, a bunch of old white men, who couldn't care less about the Redskins and are not fans, are up in arms as to why they were finally forced to change their name.

It's just another example disingenuous assholes complaining about change.

ToxSocks 07-15-2020 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 15068146)
That would be the best outcome. Next to the Bengals owner he is the worst owner in the NFL IMHO.

Oh idk, i think Dean Spanos takes the cake on Worst NFL Owner.

DaFace 07-15-2020 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15068051)
I hope he changes the name to the Washington Football Team. Just a football as a logo.

If I had to put money on what happens THIS SEASON, it's actually this. (Well, no logo at all, but just calling themselves the Washington Football Club or whatever.) People always think that rebranding is easy, but it's REALLY complicated - particularly when you've got a trademark troll sitting on some of the better choices.

It'll take months to sort through the name alone, let alone getting a logo and associated branding in place that you don't regret in a year. After that, they have to print new signs, business cards, modify uniforms...it's a lot.

I was surprised when they said they wanted to get it done this year because it's just not that easy most of the time.

Sassy Squatch 07-15-2020 03:31 PM

Damn. Big if true.

WaPo article is coming tomorrow. Friday at the latest.

Rats are fleeing the ship and attempting to distance themselves while they can. Larry is the prime example. Others could be following suit.

This goes far higher than anyone can think. Larry Hess and Eric Schaeffer are involved as well. Jay Gruden is as well.

Sex assaults. Drug and alcohol abuse. Other owners are furious and this could lead to Snyders removal. In no way Dan couldn't have knowledge of at least some of it.

Minority owners are furious and fed up with Dan. Saw an opportunity to strike.

DaneMcCloud 07-15-2020 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15068891)
Damn. Big if true.

If any of this ends up being true, Snyder will be forced to sell his team, much like Jerry Richardson was forced to sell the Panthers.

This might be the best case scenario for long suffering Washington DC fans because Snyder's tenure has been nothing short of a disaster of epic proportions.

Sassy Squatch 07-15-2020 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15068906)
If any of this ends up being true, Snyder will be forced to sell his team, much like Jerry Richardson was forced to sell the Panthers.

This might be the best case scenario for long suffering Washington DC fans because Snyder's tenure has been nothing short of a disaster of epic proportions.

Saw some speculation that Bezos is behind this expose to force Snyder to sell the team and be able to buy the team himself. Now that's a ****ing power play.

jdubya 07-15-2020 03:47 PM

In a pussified era we may as well make all teams generic like euro soccer. KC United, Vegas United, Denver United, etc. etc

DaneMcCloud 07-15-2020 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdubya (Post 15068921)
In a pussified era we may as well make all teams generic like euro soccer. KC United, Vegas United, Denver United, etc. etc

Yeah, anyone that doesn't say Redskins is pussy, amirite?

DaneMcCloud 07-15-2020 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15068916)
Saw some speculation that Bezos is behind this expose to force Snyder to sell the team and be able to buy the team himself. Now that's a ****ing power play.

I'm skeptical that he would receive NFL approval because not only would he be the wealthiest NFL owner by well more than $100 billion dollars, he has the power, through his media outlets and Amazon.com, to shape public opinion about the NFL in general.

It's a small boys club and I don't think they would like having a guy like Bezos in the room.

jdubya 07-15-2020 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15068932)
Yeah, anyone that doesn't say Redskins is pussy, amirite?

Did you type that from your safe space? Are you hungry? Can I get you some tofu?

Rain Man 07-15-2020 04:07 PM

Is there any chance that this scandal could involve breaking treaties with Indian tribes? Because that would really be a bad look.

GloryDayz 07-15-2020 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 15068120)

Yeah, what you said..

But I think Dirty Dan is loving the spotlight that he really hasn't had for a while, so he might ride this out for as long as he can.

DaneMcCloud 07-15-2020 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdubya (Post 15068952)
Did you type that from your safe space? Are you hungry? Can I get you some tofu?

I cannot wait until all of you old, white, coddled, racist pieces of shit mother****ers die.

It's going to be glorious.

"Muh freedumbz!"

jdubya 07-15-2020 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15069023)
I cannot wait until all of you old, white, coddled, racist pieces of shit mother****ers die.

"Muh freedumbz!"

Spoken like a true helicopter parent with internet tourettes syndrome lol

ROFL

ping2000 07-15-2020 04:45 PM

Quote:

**** Bezos. Destroyer of small business and an evil prick.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

The Franchise 07-15-2020 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdubya (Post 15069039)
Spoken like a true helicopter parent with internet tourettes syndrome lol

ROFL

Good God you are reeruned.

TwistedChief 07-15-2020 05:16 PM

Quote:

Yeah, between this and Bill Gates obviously creating the coronavirus while partnering with China running a child sex ring out of a DC pizza parlor, it's been one helluva year.

Sassy Squatch 07-15-2020 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 15069100)
Yeah, between this and Bill Gates obviously creating the coronavirus while partnering with China running a child sex ring out of a DC pizza parlor, it's been one helluva year.

Soros is bankrolling it all.

stevieray 07-15-2020 05:23 PM

Quote:

You're a ****ing sociopath.

GTFOY

TwistedChief 07-15-2020 05:30 PM

Quote:

"Muh freedumbz!"

You make me smile. This board really felt emptier when you disappeared.

Sit back, relax, and stay for awhile.

backinblack 07-15-2020 05:38 PM

I wouldn't want Bezos in the NFL. **** that dude.

BigRedChief 07-15-2020 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by backinblack (Post 15069138)
I wouldn't want Bezos in the NFL. **** that dude.

The next owner can’t just be a billionaire, they have to have at least $50 Billion.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 07-15-2020 05:46 PM

There was a time when a man was victorous. He was obligated to consummate the win for all to see. Let us not go back in time

jdubya 07-15-2020 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15069058)
Good God you are reeruned.

Are you projecting again? (I`ll wait while you google "projecting")

Fat Elvis 07-15-2020 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 15064540)
I mentioned this somewhere in the discussion, but if we step back and look at things in the big picture, team names are by definition an honor. When you name a team, you're borrowing the mascot's attributes that you want people to associate with you. Brave, strong, ferocious, tenacious, whatever. You're not going to name a team after something that you view as a negative.

So people can get offended however they want, and certainly there's a potential for different people to perceive names differently. But they simply can't argue that a team name is intentionally an insult.

(This ignores the Boaty McBoatface possibility such as the Santa Cruz Banana Slugs, but that's an outlier.)

The Navajo Nation has suggested that Washington honor Native Americans by perhaps naming the team the Code Talkers. I personally don't think that is a good sounding name, but I could go with the Washington Warriors (the Code Talkers were warriors and an integral part of our nation's success in WW2) and use the Marine Code Talker symbol as the team logo (it wouldn't even need much of a color scheme change from the current palatte).

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4a/42...45ce02f7b5.gif

DaneMcCloud 07-15-2020 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 15069114)
You're a ****ing sociopath.

GTFOY

It's always nice to hear from the phoniest Christian in this forum

stevieray 07-15-2020 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15069187)
It's always nice to hear from the phoniest Christian in this forum

Not a rebuttal. Sorry the shoe fits, spinderella.

Age & race discrimination, stroked with a broad brush look good on you.

DaneMcCloud 07-15-2020 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 15069218)
Not a rebuttal. Sorry the shoe fits, spinderella.

Age & race discrimination, stroked with a broad brush look good on you.

Thanks for the judgement there, phony Christian.

It's what you do best.

OnTheWarpath15 07-15-2020 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 15069100)

LMAO

stevieray 07-15-2020 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15069461)
Thanks for the judgement there, phony Christian.

It's what you do best.

try to stay on point.

it's ironic isn't it? you discriminating and cheering on the death of others in a "discrimination" thread"..with a mockery of freedom sprinkled on top.

kudos.

tk13 07-15-2020 10:31 PM

Twitter is just about ablaze right now about Snyder and this supposed expose. You're also starting to see some media folks hint that a bomb is about to drop.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Working my sources but apparently changing of the Redskins name will be old news come tomorrow when a bombshell report is expected to surface. There’s growing buzz that unflattering news about organization could come out in just hours. We will be live with the latest on <a href="https://twitter.com/ABC7GMW?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@ABC7GMW</a> <a href="https://t.co/zTK19dV4Mo">pic.twitter.com/zTK19dV4Mo</a></p>&mdash; John Gonzalez (@ABC7John) <a href="https://twitter.com/ABC7John/status/1283560458499350534?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 16, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Source on forthcoming news involving the Washington NFL team, &quot;lawyers are involved.&quot;</p>&mdash; IG: JosinaAnderson (@JosinaAnderson) <a href="https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/1283610412638965762?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 16, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

George Liquor 07-15-2020 10:37 PM

Since it's Twitter and all, the unflattering news will probably be Dan Snyder's kid called someone a pillowbiter while playing Call of Duty in 2013.

tk13 07-15-2020 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDj23 (Post 15069567)
Since it's Twitter and all, the unflattering news will probably be Dan Snyder's kid called someone a pillowbiter while playing Call of Duty in 2013.

Yeah we'll see. The actual biggest thing that makes me wonder is those minority owners trying to get out, then today their longtime radio announcer just up and quit out of the blue. Right before the season was actually about to start. Something isn't right.

Josh Norman is also sending out cryptic tweets saying what goes around comes around. That's about the only actual evidence we have. We'll see if it's actually a bombshell, but it seems like something bad is about to happen.

Sassy Squatch 07-16-2020 06:12 AM

Jeez. https://i.redd.it/zcz1wrl5l7b51.jpg

ptlyon 07-16-2020 06:13 AM

So they're all in on it.... :hmmm:

Sassy Squatch 07-16-2020 06:20 AM

That's too absurd to not be true. Alex Smith got his leg snapped like a Kit Kat because his HC and OL were after the same side chick. The actual ****?

WhawhaWhat 07-16-2020 06:48 AM

Figured this was about prostituting their cheerleaders.

TwistedChief 07-16-2020 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15069687)

That's...fabulous.

Great8 07-16-2020 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 15069708)
Figured this was about prostituting their cheerleaders.

I can't post a link, but see post #578.

GloryDayz 07-16-2020 07:22 AM

https://j.gifs.com/v1ZzDG.gif

TwistedChief 07-16-2020 07:36 AM

https://www.hogshaven.com/2020/7/16/...der-in-trouble

This has some more speculation.

backinblack 07-16-2020 08:07 AM

suppose it's too much to hope for Jay Gruden to somehow bring down Jon with him isn't it

Hammock Parties 07-16-2020 08:21 AM

so where are the pics of the receptionist?

Hammock Parties 07-16-2020 08:25 AM

weird knees

https://i1.wp.com/www.sportressofblo...75%2C501&ssl=1

Pasta Little Brioni 07-16-2020 08:29 AM

Don't...give...a...****...anymore . Probably something dumb

Hammock Parties 07-16-2020 08:46 AM

i wanna see snyder's HOG

GloryDayz 07-16-2020 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15069821)
i wanna see snyder's HOG

NOT SAFE FOR WORK!!!!!

Image: Not Safe for Work
NSFW Image

RunKC 07-16-2020 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15069687)

These things are always hit and miss. Wasn’t there something similar that we talked about with Doug Pederson in his time here?

displacedinMN 07-16-2020 09:35 AM

I got dismissed from this thread. Since it will become more about Snyder, can I be allowed back in?

I am now on tapatalk. Will promise to be nice

Eureka 07-16-2020 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 15069743)

Seems some heads are rolling and some are going to be rolled over there in Washington. What a mess.

If Dan Snyder is forced to sell then the NFL may push for a Black owner of the team. Possibly Oprah?

George Liquor 07-16-2020 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eureka (Post 15069896)
Seems some heads are rolling and some are going to be rolled over there in Washington. What a mess.

If Dan Snyder is forced to sell then the NFL may push for a Black owner of the team. Possibly Oprah?

Wouldn't expect anything less in clown world

DaFace 07-16-2020 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 15069895)
I got dismissed from this thread. Since it will become more about Snyder, can I be allowed back in?

I am now on tapatalk. Will promise to be nice

No, but really there should be a new thread when there's actual news.

displacedinMN 07-16-2020 09:52 AM

I will just say they will give him more money than he deserves to get him out.

Like the racist owner of the NBA team. He got more than he should have.

dls6501 07-16-2020 11:40 AM

Ohhhh shit!!!

https://twitter.com/oldmanebro/statu...571203590?s=20

Sassy Squatch 07-16-2020 11:50 AM

Now the rumors are that Snyder will be accused of paying off referees, and he's not the only one that's done it.

Sassy Squatch 07-16-2020 11:52 AM

https://i.redd.it/fa3mxvrpa9b51.jpg

Rain Man 07-16-2020 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15070212)
Now the rumors are that Snyder will be accused of paying off referees, and he's not the only one that's done it.

Kraft and Bowlen? If so, we've known that for years.