ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Christopher Nolan's 'Tenet' (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=323063)

Deberg_1990 09-05-2020 05:10 PM

I’d like to see Nolan go smaller scale again like Insomnia. A film I really liked.

He doesn’t need to go full scale audio/visual assault every time.

BigBeauford 09-05-2020 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15150267)
Nolan has final say over his films, so what you see and hear is exactly as he intended

I get that and I even remarked to my brother as we walked out, that based on his last few films with poor sound mixing that this seems intentional. It's still a shit thing to witness, and really juxtaposes against the high budget feel.

BigBeauford 09-05-2020 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 15150302)
I’d like to see Nolan go smaller scale again like Insomnia. A film I really liked.

Memento is still his best film, and that has the budget of a college film school production.

Bowser 09-06-2020 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 15150311)
Memento is still his best film, and that has the budget of a college film school production.

Dark Knight and Interstellar say hol' up now.

BigBeauford 09-06-2020 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 15150302)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 15151418)
Dark Knight and Interstellar say hol' up now.

1. Memento
2. Interstellar
3. Dark Knight

mnchiefsguy 09-06-2020 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 15151704)
1. Memento
2. Interstellar
3. Dark Knight

Inception is better than Interstellar. Dark Knight is a classic.

I don't believe he has made a bad film.

BigBeauford 09-06-2020 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 15151734)
Inception is better than Interstellar. Dark Knight is a classic.

I don't believe he has made a bad film.

Tenet isn't a bad film. Its also not a good film.

mnchiefsguy 09-06-2020 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 15151777)
Tenet isn't a bad film. Its also not a good film.

It is a very good film. Seen it twice already and it stands up to multiple viewings. I can get why some people won't like it, but Nolan's universe has rules made to be bent, and his storytelling is top notch.

Deberg_1990 09-07-2020 02:58 PM

Just watched it. Kind of a mixed bag for me. I really liked the first half up until right after the freeway chase stuff. Then it just sort of lost me with all the inversion and time travel stuff. Then it got too long at the end, probably needed to be about 20 minutes shorter.

Nolan overindulged this time. Oh, and i cant say i agreed with the garbled dialogue stuff. Understand it was a artistic decision, but its frustrating for your audience for sure.

BigBeauford 09-07-2020 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 15152687)
Just watched it. Kind of a mixed bag for me. I really liked the first half up until right after the freeway chase stuff. Then it just sort of lost me with all the inversion and time travel stuff. Then it got too long at the end, probably needed to be about 20 minutes shorter.

Nolan overindulged this time. Oh, and i cant say i agreed with the garbled dialogue stuff. Understand it was a artistic decision, but its frustrating for your audience for sure.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/8f16...itemid=9222847

KC_Connection 09-08-2020 12:12 AM

It's so interesting that I had no problem with the dialogue at a drive-in (through the car radio). Maybe it is the sound setting at the theaters that is the issue.

listopencil 09-08-2020 07:14 AM

Saw it. Got a big meh from me. I was expecting much more, I was expecting a much better movie. The time travel elements were kind of dumb. They were used as an excuse for special effects and to push a plot along that comes straight out of a cookie cutter spy movie, complete with cookie cutter spy movie characters. There were some interesting and fun parts to it. I wouldn't call it a bad movie. Just not really all that good of a movie either. It's forgettable.

Deberg_1990 09-08-2020 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15153254)
It's so interesting that I had no problem with the dialogue at a drive-in (through the car radio). Maybe it is the sound setting at the theaters that is the issue.

Perhaps it depends what on the theater sound settings some. But not all? Your telling me you could make out every line during the sailboat scene? Or when soldiers were wearing masks?

Some of it was accent related? For instance John David Washington I could make out pretty well for most of his dialogue, but the British guys I had some problems with at times.

I saw this in a brand new theater with state of the art sound too. I will say that the bass was extremely heavy so it potentially can drown out dialogue.

Dane can probably explain some of the sound issues better.

Deberg_1990 09-08-2020 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 15153330)
Saw it. Got a big meh from me. I was expecting much more, I was expecting a much better movie. The time travel elements were kind of dumb. They were used as an excuse for special effects and to push a plot along that comes straight out of a cookie cutter spy movie, complete with cookie cutter spy movie characters. There were some interesting and fun parts to it. I wouldn't call it a bad movie. Just not really all that good of a movie either. It's forgettable.

Pretty much how I felt. It’s not boring, it’s entertaining....obviously extremely well crafted. Just hard to follow in the last hour or so.

The going backwards thing was kinda hokey I agree.

Feelings are very mixed right now. I’ll watch it again next year on HBOmax.

Deberg_1990 09-08-2020 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 15145448)
Spoiler!

Hahaha. This would be mind blowing if that’s what he intended.