ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Minkah to the Steelers (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=325176)

kysirsoze 09-17-2019 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully1983 (Post 14454682)
God DAMN Miami's GM made a good move here. As many of you already stated, this pick will probably be a top ten pick in the 2020 draft.

Yeah but it's easy to unload talent for picks. Making those picks meaningful is where Miami will **** it up.

Mahomes_Is_God 09-17-2019 01:34 AM

Pissburg is refusing to tank. I think it's commendable honestly. Most likely this will be in vain and they'll end up tanking for Trevor, but still commendable.

scho63 09-17-2019 04:32 AM

I think some of these so called "insiders" just make up shit to post on Twitter to make themselves feel important and to keep their names in the spotlight.

Pasta Little Brioni 09-17-2019 04:51 AM

So trading a high draft pick that's played well for a first is a "damn good "steal of a deal :whackit: " now? Lulz

siberian khatru 09-17-2019 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 14454760)
I think some of these so called "insiders" just make up shit to post on Twitter to make themselves feel important and to keep their names in the spotlight.

All about the clikz. No penalty for being wrong.

Mecca 09-17-2019 05:05 AM

Mike Tomlin is in a fight for his job, if they go out and win 3 games this year he's toast, that is what this is about a GM and HC trying to save their jobs.

Also all the reporters here saying the Chiefs were aggressive in the pursuit here but when Pitt was willing to offer a 1 they had no way to beat that.

Skyy God 09-17-2019 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 14454231)
It's getting to the point, with the complex interplay between losing blue-chip talent, yet also gaining a shit ton of draft wealth in the process, I wonder if there are players in the organization with a mindset to stick with it to see if it pays off in a few years.

They're certain to be non-competitive for 2-3 years, but they're also odds-favorable to be dominant in 4-5. If you're 23-24 years old and feel undervalued in the league, would you think it worth the gamble to keep your head down and work hard for little immediate payoff, gambling on eventual superstardom.

Like, suppose you had been drafted by the Cowboys a year or two BEFORE Aikman and Emmitt came along?

Possibly.

Counterpoint is the average career is 3-4 years. A 24 year old is likely to be washed by 2024.

Coochie liquor 09-17-2019 06:27 AM

Tomlin must have heard corner back, not quarterback...out for the season.

Mecca 09-17-2019 06:57 AM

The Steelers are going to end their streak, they've drafted a player in the 1st round, 57 years in a row.

Chris Meck 09-17-2019 07:43 AM

I just think it's a weird move.

Big Ben has contemplated retirement in offseasons past. You really think he's going to come back now? I doubt it.

They're going to need a QB. Like it or not, they need to rebuild. I get that Fitzpatrick is good, I wanted him, but the Steelers aren't getting to a Super Bowl without an elite QB. They're going to have to get past Mahomes in the play-offs, they're going to have to get past Mayfield in their own division. I mean it just doesn't make sense.

I understand not tanking, but they're likely to have a top 15 at least pick. They'd be in striking distance for a possible franchise QB.

Skyy God 09-17-2019 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 14454760)

Maybe.

Or the Steeler outbid them.

Shit is fluid.

CupidStunt 09-17-2019 08:30 AM

I like how it's OK to use the term 'star' just because he was a high draft pick and cost a 1st rounder.

He's not even remotely close to a star player.

jjchieffan 09-17-2019 08:38 AM

Ugh! I really hope that Pittsburgh comes to regret this. I hope that Mason Rudolph ends up sucking and the Steelers end up picking in the top 5. They realize that Ben is done, and they need a quarterback. Then on draft day, the quarterback that they want is available at the pick they traded away. I would laugh my head off.

redfan 09-17-2019 09:01 AM

And Miami will still be shitty for at least 3 more years.

tatorhog 09-17-2019 09:51 AM

Miami will probably end up like the Colts in the early 90's when they picked 1 and 2, taking Emtman and Coryatt. lol